test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omuan Treasure Carving STILL NOT dropping to many players.

bananitsabananitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
edited April 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello everyone, myself and many more people have been running CoDG the last three weeks and haven't received not even once the Omuan Treasure Carving- the item that you exchange for the book in order to restore your primal gear.
The description says only that you can have one per week just like the ampoule, so it is not clear if it's a 100% drop.
So, are the players/characters that are not receiving it bugged or it's completely random??

It's been 2 weeks since I made a bug report and posted this. Is there going to be an update anytime soon ? @nitocris83

Post edited by bananitsa on

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating this question!
  • bananitsabananitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    Thank you!
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    miguelfdz said:

30+ runs on my DC last week and didn't drop it

Like really? And I thought I am unlucky with 15 runs CoDG.....
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • alj0schaalj0scha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    16 runs without so far. pointless to waste more time atm.
  • slappdanielslappdaniel Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    yeah i ran a bunch too and didnt get it. Feelsbadman :'(
  • giobbogiobbo Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    second week for me without omuan tale carving... lets see next patch, this thing is really frustrating
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    well same, i ran 38 codg so far on my OP and still no carving. Im about to give up. I have 5 toons i was planning to keep playing this mod, but thats just so low drop rate that again im going to give up my toons this module.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! I confirmed that it's working as intended. It's got a low-ish drop rate (but not super rare) and it is gated weekly.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    27 trial's and nothing... This is called artificial lengthening of the game.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

Hey everyone! I confirmed that it's working as intended. It's got a low-ish drop rate (but not super rare) and it is gated weekly.

So this is another bad point concerning the trial... I'm yet to find any positive thing on that one, and be sure I try to.
    I'm at the point doing 1 trial per week to get my ampoule, no more.
    The amount of bugs still there after weeks make it really unappealling and scroll-consuming. The droprate of UE is as bad as tong, but at least I don't have to spend scrolls in tong. I was looking for Tale Carvings to restore all the primal stuff because I'm a collection-fan but I guess I'll just abandon that.
  • nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I've been doing it since the first week, and I managed to get only 2 in my main character, I only did 2 runs with my SW alt, and I got it. It seems to be easier to pick UES than carving
    Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

edited April 2018

I am doing multi runs for the last 3 weeks, not 2 or 3 per day, and I still haven't gotten, I mean could they be bugged for me? Or for more? I understand the low drop rate but if it's weekly drop shouldn't it be dropping every week?
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    HAHAHAHA....

Nope.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    as i thought it would be, players will start doing it once a week for ampoules and thats it, another failure of a trial like svardborg.
  • giobbogiobbo Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    a friend of mine always drops omuan tale carving the first cradle of the week, not sure this item has a low drop rate, i think some account or pg are bugged.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

as i thought it would be, players will start doing it once a week for ampoules and thats it, another failure of a trial like svardborg.

Yeah I run two characters for CODG, and just run it for the ampoules once per week now. I have only gotten 1 omuan tale carving in the 20 or so runs I have successfully done, so now one character has a vivified hat.

I think I'll leave it at that. I'm not too fussed in vivifying all my armor, the extra stat bonuses are tiny. I'd rather exalt my primary weapon for the damage boost and then wait for the next module which will most likely make this modules' gear redundant.

I remember getting so fed up with FBI as it didn't drop the correct armor pieces for my character, and now one can just buy AND restore the set from the seal vendor.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • zlatovickzlatovick Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I'm on a 6h+ multi run of CODG (10 min average each) and still not getting the Carving.... this is ridiculous @nitocris83 . I've been running multi runs all week long and still not getting it.

I play with 7 chars (all of them able to go to CODG). Do you think that we have time to run hours and hours to get just 1 weekly carving? just for few stats? come on.... the drop is ridiculously low... Seems that I would have a better chance getting a stupid legendary mount...
    Post edited by zlatovick on
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    zlatovick said:

I'm on a 6h+ multi run of CODG (10 min average each) and still not getting the Carving.... this is ridiculous @nitocris83 . I've been running multi runs all week long and still not getting it.

I play with 7 chars (all of them able to go to CODG). Do you think that we have time to run hours and hours to get just 1 weekly carving? just for few stats? come on.... the drop is ridiculously low... Seems that I would have a better chance getting a stupid legendary mount...

This seems like a purposeful game design in order to retain players until the next module i.e. an RNG-gated timesink.

I agree that the drop rate for the carving should be: 1) Transparent 2) Increased from what it is now.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    I got my first two yesterday. In one run both. And yes they were from the same run because after every run I looked for them. So probably yeah the drop rate is not low, is REALLY REALLY low for some..
    Today 10h+ of multi Cradle... 0 Carvings @nitocris83 ..... ridiculous.... seriously... this is a joke.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Probably it is a bug, at a party with tickets for stronghold materials I had something similar. There was a ticket for one character from each group of monsters. In turn on the second character I was fighting for a few hours and neither one fell out.
    edited April 2018
    Today 6h+ of multi cradle and NO carving @nitocris83 . Average of runs 10-12min each.

It is Sunday and still not receiving any after tens of runs. And I do have 8 chars to fill.... how am I going to do this? can you please explain it to me?
  • ase#2329 ase Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    same here... still no carving...
    This is really really disappointing.
    @nitocris83 I keep doing about 6h a day of CODG and no Carvings....

Today I did Cradle 13h (10 min avg each run) with 1 break of 8 min. I have not received my carving....

Please, tell me what do I need to do to get that Carving... I do have 8 chars with Primal gear to get exalted. And I haven't been able to get them even for 1 char.

Do you really think it is normal? Please tell me that it is.... because I feel it is f.ing ridiculous.

I really doubt there are many more players that run as many hours as I do of this ride. The reason I believe it is because the ones that do this kind of crazy multi runs we are always together in the same one.
    @nitocris83 15h today of Cradle, no carving still.....