test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fane of the Night Serpent not giving rings?

macjaemacjae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,415 Arc User
Last week, when I did Fane the first time, I got a purple chest with a +2 Ring of the Shadowstalker in it. When I did it the second time, and again this week, there were no repeat chances at getting a better version of that ring (which I would have assumed should be the case).

Comments

• archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    So who's bright idea was it to give us 1 chance per character... EVER to get a decent ring from Fane? GG me who got a +1 ring, and will never get another chance to get anything better. Srsly, good job.

Combine that with the unbelievable lag in Fane of the Night Serpent and you got one winning combo!

I ain't even mad, I'm just reaaaallly disappointed.

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    I can't believe this is a one time chest reward? Is this intended? If it's one time it should always drop at least at +4. If it's RNG it needs to be there every week. What gives? Why did I bother opening this on more than one toon, for *one* chance at this?

I'm going to hope this is an oversight and we will see patch notes on Thursday about the chest going into the weekly version of Fane.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I think it's a bug. Not being able to finish a collection is just gonna drive people mental.

Or at least i HAMSTER hope so
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I did it too now and only got the reward from story quest and not from the repeatable one.
    Post edited by cilginordek on
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Confirm.
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    i was wondering that too, if it is a one try per character is very disappointing
    edited March 2018
    Ok, so if it is a bug. Then one would assume it will be fixed this Thursday.

What we end up with is all the people who supported the company by purchasing an Expedition Pack gaining access early and getting jipped out of multiple chances for their ring. I've already completed Fane of the Night Serpent 3 times, so that's 2 chances gone. If a fix is delayed any further it will be even more 'chances' wasted. I can all but guarantee there will be absolutely no recompense for this loss, because what's 'customer satisfaction'?

I've made negative comments in the past about releasing untested or improperly tested content so I won't by like Cryptic, I won't repeat myself. *cough*

or

*puts on tin-foil hat*

Knowing the potential uproar about only having one chance per week to get a specific ring this 'bug' was released on purpose in order to make getting one chance per week seem good in comparison to getting only one chance ever... but I doubt Cryptic's psychological warfare division is this astute.

*removes tin-foil hat*

Anyway, it could be that the only purpose of my life is to be a warning to others. Delay your secondary runs of Fane of the Night Serpent until Thursday if you can.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I'm bumping this up as many players would like an answer either way.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Some friends were talking about this in TeamSpeak last night, lots of confusion for sure as it makes no sense. A few people thought they would be able to run it again and basically have a weekly chance at the ring.
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Same issue here. Nothing on the second run through.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yes I believe its a one off thing but will wait on the devs to confirm. There was/is a thread about this elsewhere
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I've escalated this and will share info when I hear back.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
  • polarp178polarp178 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I just did it for the first time. No chest at all. Just Chain of Scales drop from the boss :/
  • polarp178polarp178 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    it's a bit unclear when the ring/rewards would be given
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Even if it did work as intended how can putting the best DPS ring as reward from a weekly even remotely be considered a good idea?

Having to do the same instance 100 times to get the one ring I need is frustrating enough but getting one chance per week and nothing more is infuriating.

At least give the boss a chance of dropping a ring and let us re-do the instance as many times as we like, quest or not.
    Post edited by artifleur on
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    macjae said:

IIRC, you get the ring when you turn in the quest at Eku. There's no chest.

The quest rewards you a purple chest which you open from your inventory.

At the moment, only the one-time version of the quest rewards a chest, not the weekly version.
    So no one cares about the fact that we get one chance to get this ring per character? Ever?

No official response?

*crickets*

edited March 2018
    Seeing as how weekly quests all just reset and people are scrambling to do their quests it would be really helpful to get an official update on this.

• mistsenseimistsensei Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Oh the two posts were merged and my comment was deleted probably due to the content being obsolete since the info is here now.

Well I 'll post again the second part of it which is that I agree a certain degree of priority should be given to this and have someone responsible answer what excactly is going on with Fane and if it is a bug it should also be given the same degree of priority to be fixed due to all the reasons mentioned above, thanks.
    Post edited by mistsensei on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Haven't gotten any info yet so circling back with the team. Hope I have something for ya'll later!
  • lollopezlollopez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hoping to have some official news asap, most of us want want that ring.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    macjae said:

IIRC, you get the ring when you turn in the quest at Eku. There's no chest.

only on the first time doing it, it does reward the chest but after that the weeekly no longer give the epic chest with rng drop.
  • mattemen36mattemen36 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    This is a known bug and should be patched this Thursday.
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    So for those of us that have gone through Fane multiple times already...are we just SOL for these past weeks?
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Nitrocris, it's been 5 days since you acknowledged this string but there is still no response about the bugged ring drop. Not expecting a fix within a week, but Why does it take 5 days to get it confirmed that it's broken?

And what about those of us who already ran Fane this week in good faith only to get no loot drop? Will we get another chance or be able to claim a reward?