test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180212a.7

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
Soshenstar River & Instances
  • House of the Crocodile: Objects should no longer pop in and out of visibility while in the entry room.
Omu & Instances
  • Fane of the Night Serpent: Objects should no longer flicker and down-rez as much on low settings in the storage room.
  • Purge the Unclean: Banner aura effects no longer display at an angle from the ground.
  • The Quest Path now properly leads to the Nangnang shrine in related quests.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Storm Spell now procs more consistently at the stated rate.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Cordon of Arrows once again properly hits up to 5 targets.
    • Cordon of Arrows once again properly lasts for 20 seconds (up from 6).
    • Cordon of Arrows no longer incorrectly deals damage twice to the same target in certain circumstances.
    • Cordon of Arrows now properly deals Physical damage (instead of Radiant).

Items and Economy
General
  • Expedition Leader Pack: Trickster Rogues now properly receive Rare (Blue) quality Pilgrim weapons, rather than Uncommon (Green).
  • Primal Weapons and Off-Hands are now all Bind to Account on Pickup, rather than binding to character after upgrading.
    • Primal Weapons and Off-Hands bound this way will now become Bound to Account.
  • Resource requirements to restore Relics have been re-reduced. Rejoice!
  • Spiders in zones other than Chult and Omu no longer incorrectly drop Spider Silk.

User Interface
Auction House
  • The Auction House no longer sometimes claims the player will be charged a roaming fee when they're at an auctioneer.
HUD
  • Achievements and other notifications now kindly wait until after a cutscene is over before they show up.
  • Certain enemies' health bars no longer incorrectly display as a solid white bar that doesn't immediately show damage dealt.
Inventory
  • Sorting the Profession Resources and Assets bags now follows the same logic as it used to.
  • The Transfer option for items in the Overflow Bag is now consistently visible, and is only disabled when appropriate target bags are full.

Art, Effects, and Audio
Audio
  • A little audio cue has been added for when the player becomes Charmed by an enemy.
  • When interacting with treasure sites in Soshenstar River and Omu, digging and chest unlocking audio now plays.
Effects
  • Cradle of the Death God: Beams that shoot vertically from the Atropal no longer come out of the back of the Atropal's head.

Performance and Stability
General
  • A few stability and crash issues have been addressed.

Localization
General
  • Various localization fixes have been made in French, German, Italian, and Russian languages.

Comments

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    @terramak What exactly is fixed with stormspell? Is it the offhand bonus?

This is what I get before patch (seems broken huh?):

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    Well, Tr is even in a best position regarding that, almost 95% of his damage comes from one single proc ( SoD ), at last in pvp.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    i love changes like:

"slightly"
    "more consistently"
    "a bit"
    "more"
    "less"
    etc. etc...please...have mercy...
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Whatever was changed on Storm Spell, it actually feels like I am doing even LESS damage now after this patch. I'll run some tests and take a closer look but so far it is not looking like this is moving in the right direction.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm taking a new alt through the EE campaign and I'm of two minds about the changes. While it's not as onerous with less quests and a more reasonable XP progression, there seems to be a negative impact on parts of the storyline. I'm in the first part of Reclamation Rock and it seems pretty disjointed. NPC's are referring to quests in the past tense that you haven't even started yet, and in some cases referring to quests that aren't available anymore. I realize that it's an attempt to make the best of a bad situation (i.e. Mod 6, and the thinking behind it), but you might want to stick a post-it reminder somewhere that the story will need another pass at some point.

As others have pointed out, TONG is still having issues -- companions dying in the middle and unable to be resummoned, players taking devastating damage seemingly from nowhere, etc. Even 16k groups are having trouble with it that they didn't before the new mod launched. Once I was far away from Nsi, well out of range of his melee swipes and that circular paralysis AoE, yet I still was getting clobbered even though he was only attacking the tanks. It made no sense.

I'm also noticing that when combat supposedly ends, companions are still seeking out and attacking nearby enemies "without orders", so to speak, that is, enemies who have not yet aggroed. It's, um, rather annoying.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Please make changes to the preview server so people can actually easily test things on it. I made a thread on the general discussion forum for the test shard about this.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I wonder when they are gonna fix Steal time, since the Mod13 patch said that ST will proc wep enchant and it doesn't, and no mention of it in the latest patch. That is my biggest hitter now on CW and its too weak.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

I wonder when they are gonna fix Steal time, since the Mod13 patch said that ST will proc wep enchant and it doesn't, and no mention of it in the latest patch. That is my biggest hitter now on CW and its too weak.

Wonder when they will fix CW from useless both in PvE and PvP to at least "playable".
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Mof - https://imgur.com/a/N0Gs2
    SS - https://imgur.com/a/VaSqS

I think MoF is better now. But both are strongly bugged.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    My personal sequence is ray of enfeeble disintegrate to get the arcane mastery and they are fast hits, then icy terrain to get the chill, if any of those crit then i get the smolder from a paragon power critical conflagration, then i hit steal time to gain the biggest hit i can from 2 paragons feats elemental reinforcement and masterful arcane theft. Even with all the bonus damage that i get from all that it still doesn't come close to the damage that i did with my SS using trans light. Making steal time proc wep enchant may improve my damage significantly but i don't know if i can ever come close to the DPS that i had mod12. and SS for me is far weaker than MOF now.

So CW has been broken and needs fixing please.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    terramak said:

Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance

• Control Wizard: Storm Spell now procs more consistently at the stated rate.
    Well the CW Storm Spell procs seem to be roughly back in line with 12b, which is a major improvement. Now it feels like SS is improved overall, as was intended. With proc rates restored, the 30% damage nerf is fine. One or the other was ok, but having both was oppressive. I know it's still not gonna improve the mood of the T. Lighting crowd too much, but for the rest of us, this is very good news.

Thanks for doing this, but I have to say it all could have been handled much better. Some acknowledgement of the feedback, the problem, and the proc rate drop being unintentional, or at least negotiable, would have gone a long way towards keeping people, like me, from setting their hair on fire over the last month. The silence was deafening.

Honestly, the whole affair has left me drifting with empty sails, and it may take a while to find a breeze. This is why I make it a rule not to care too much. Back to the apathy pile for me.

@terramak What exactly is fixed with stormspell? Is it the offhand bonus?

This is what I get before patch (seems broken huh?):

It's not the off-hand bonus, it's the overall 20-30% proc rate nerf that got fixed up. I haven't run extensive tests, but the proc rate looks to be roughly back to Mod 12b levels.
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Steal time definitely seems to still be bugged...I also noticed that IT intermittently (though I'm trying to narrow down why/when) only seems to tick twice.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    CW was almost the weakest class, currently he has the weakest dmg.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    ** nitpick warning **

When you do that initial quest in Omu to visit certain stones to scout the area, one of the stones has a typo in the tooltip. The one by the royal palace has "scout market" instead of "scout marker".
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured