test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Compensation for service outage

2»

Comments

• spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

but would like to see how they can improve in customer relations.

Thats the main mistake: We are not costumers.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    What are we

They provide zen services

Some of us
    are customers

<font color="orange">Mod combined multiple comments.</font>
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The ones who pay with RL money are customers. Everyone else is an asset.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, as suggested before, it would help if "missed" ViP benefits would just end up at the Rewards Claim Agent in Protectors Enclave, limited to 7 times, problem solved.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • romknight#3684 romknight Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well, how about compensation for being unable to actually play due to bugs that don't allow for game completion? Like being unable to finish Elemental Evil campaign?

One thing is downtime due to patching to fix bugs another is downtime to fix stuff that's not game braking like the above but "balance" (yes it's sarcasm) the classes...

So yeah, hours to patch a server... RIGHT. And then after the patch another one (today) is needed because :facepalm:

QA is non-existent?

So yeah, if you add up all this downtimes (and I only play for a month or so) indeed, I'm actually thinking on this.

OFC they do try to dissuade you with this:

TLDR;
    We don't even use lube. You're "done".

[quote]
    24.5If you claim a chargeback for any reason, we have the right to investigate and dispute such chargeback. If we believe that your chargeback requirement is spurious, unreasonable, or invalid, we may take the dispute to court. If your chargeback is deemed invalid in court, you agree to pay for all fees and costs resulting from the disputed chargeback, including but not limited to legal fees and expenses, damages, monies lost due to non-operation, and chargeback fees, or if applicable mandatory law dictates otherwise, to the maximum amount permitted.

24.6You may pay for any applicable fees and charges or for Zen by major credit card, PayPal® or other such methods authorized by us.

24.7 We are not liable for “hacking” or lost of your virtual goods from your account, however, we may, in our sole discretion, reimburse virtual goods or Zen upon proof that such loss was not due to your inappropriate use. We may limit the quantity of any item or refuse to provide you with any virtual good. Verification of certain information applicable to a transaction may be required prior to our acceptance of your payment. Price and availability of virtual goods are subject to change with no notice. We have no liability with respect to virtual goods or Zen that is gifted to you or provided as an incentive.

25. Interruption of Service
    25.1We reserve the right to interrupt the Service or any part thereof from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that we will not be liable for any interruption of the Service or any part thereof, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

25.2You acknowledge that the Service or any part thereof may be interrupted for reasons beyond our control, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Service whenever you may wish to do so. We shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

25.3We have the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Service as we see fit in our sole discretion.

25.4We are not obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Service by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraphs 25.1, 25.2.
    [/quote]

OFC, reason is vague and their "freedom" ends where mine starts...
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    A bit overreactive, imho.
  • romknight#3684 romknight Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    We'll agree to disagree then :)

Post edited by romknight#3684 on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Pretty standard T&C but regardless of the terms, it would be up to a judge to decide what is reasonable in a contract. Most players ofc wouldn't take things that far and instead rely on the power of 'ranting'.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Taking stuff like that to court would be wasted time and money. This IS a service based on a technical solution that is bound to break from time to time. Technical solutions CAN be made fairly fool-proof(like when operating the space shuttle..), but that generally takes a lot of effort and is not appropriate whatsoever for this type of service.

I doubt you would get any judge to agree that the Cryptic service delivery has been unacceptable based on just one or two incidents. You would have to prove that over time Cryptic has provided an unacceptable service quality.

Which they have not, in my opinion.

And then 25.2 gives Cryptic a lot of room for error.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    This is still a "free to play" game and no one is ever forced to purchase anything from the game...

If someone does make a purchase and has a bad experience about all I can say is "now you know" and "don't do it again if you think it's so terrible".

HAMSTER happens in real life and in Neverwinter and to expect someone to offer compensation for circumstances beyond their control doesn't really seem reasonable.

I would like it if I could be compensated for lost VIP time and I could wish for VIP to run 30 sign on days instead of 30 consecutive calendar days - but that's not the way it is.

I can't recall a single instance where the game has been offline for a full 24 hours (there might have been some, but not that I recall), if a person's real world experience (RWE) schedule conflicts with their game playing schedule, that's life - shrug it off and move on.

The first poster claims they will never purchase VIP again, apparently that is their method of moving on...

My first experience with VIP was unsatisfactory but since then I have purchased VIP with a little more thought to it...

When I think I will have the opportunity to make the best use of it, I buy VIP and if I believe there will be a lot of scheduling conflicts I don't purchase VIP, that's my chosen method of moving on.

If I purchase VIP and HAMSTER happens... I reassess if the cost is worth the benefit and go from there.

The ones who pay with RL money are customers.

Nop. Your a customer to get your ZENs, but your not a customer with any "special" rightsingame bc you bought ZENs. Your just a user who bought ZENs. ZENs dont give you any right to get better gameplay or less bugs or whatever ingame.

Everyone else is an asset.

Everyone is a user. No one is a customer or an asset.

• jebaited#3297 jebaited Member Posts: 12 Arc User

The ones who pay with RL money are customers.

Nop. Your a customer to get your ZENs, but your not a customer with any "special" rightsingame bc you bought ZENs. Your just a user who bought ZENs. ZENs dont give you any right to get better gameplay or less bugs or whatever ingame.

Everyone else is an asset.

Everyone is a user. No one is a customer or an asset.

In which part of this thread did I mention getting special treatment? Google the meaning of compensation.
    And good news guys tomorrow there will be another 2 hours patch! woohoo. let me do the math. 6hrs server problem + 3 hours patch + 2 hours repair patch + 2 hours patch tomorrow to restart server! = 13 hours this month.
    Cute...such a nice story bc i typed one word wrong? Your so cute
    edited March 2018

let me do the math. 6hrs server problem + 3 hours patch + 2 hours repair patch + 2 hours patch tomorrow to restart server! = 13 hours this month.

And after server restart this week we had 552 hours playtime this month. soooo?

let me do the math. 6hrs server problem + 3 hours patch + 2 hours repair patch + 2 hours patch tomorrow to restart server! = 13 hours this month.

And after server restart this week we had 552 hours playtime this month. soooo?
    i am just stating the facts. sooooo? it is up to the other players to decide and I am not asking for any of your opinion.

i am just stating the facts. sooooo? it is up to the other players to decide and I am not asking for any of your opinion.

So why did you quote me if you dont care about my opinion? And just let you know:
    I can write my opinion where ever i want, as long i dont break any rules. You did the math and i did mine. Any mistakes in my math?
    r000kie said:

If you cannot take a joke while sending a lateral message (some of the players are customers, some of them important ones, otherwise the game will shut down)

Huh? I did that? Where?
    Just leave that to lay where it is... its not worth chasing down. Trust me on this one.
    update: 13 hours + 2hours patch today = 15 hours. lets see how many more patches they need this month. I am not complaining FYI. i just want to say that the patch happens from 10-12pm for me. This has caused me to miss 4 nights of playing due to their 4 patches this month. yes yes i know some of you will come in saying I am at fault for choosing to play at such hours blah blah. and this is also not about claiming of keys, just being unable to play for a few nights before I sleep makes me unhappy. tyvm
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    Don't they do a patch or maintenance once a week per a schedule?

update: 13 hours + 2hours patch today = 15 hours. lets see how many more patches they need this month. I am not complaining FYI. i just want to say that the patch happens from 10-12pm for me. This has caused me to miss 4 nights of playing due to their 4 patches this month. yes yes i know some of you will come in saying I am at fault for choosing to play at such hours blah blah. and this is also not about claiming of keys, just being unable to play for a few nights before I sleep makes me unhappy. tyvm

I have no qualms with you being unhappy at the patches. All my disagreement comes from talking about compensation. But it will not happen, so we can settle on you being unhappy, and we're good.

• galwaytazalangalwaytazalan Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I can understand the frustration. I have that with Comcast, then when I figure I will do something else I realize it needs comcast. Perhaps they should have some sort of system that if the server is offline, they auto reward your vip items. Unless the server is down 24 hours they would probably say you have an entire day to claim it. Since this is a f2p, you will find minor issues like this simply go without customer service. I don't know if they still have the wrong wording, but at one time, VIP rewards had 2 different explanations of rewards based on where you read it. Also more than likely in the eula or tos probably says they aren't responsible for things beyond their control. Star Trek online have had like issues, only once or twice did they extend an event to compensate. That is why I wish the events in NWN had a few extra "buffer" days to account for offline time and other issues that stop one from playing.