test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

camera zoom function locked to minimum

eldarlenweeldarlenwe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
The zoom function on my main character only, is bugging out and zooms all the way in then locks itself so I cannot zoom out.
I tried both options force verify and safe mode and it did work for about 2 mins then all of a sudden it reverted back to the zoom in lock it is only happening on my main character the others seem fine.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling also tried it on another computer but the problem persists. :'(

https://imgur.com/Zqi1fVK
https://imgur.com/SUHfjvd

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    I assume the scroll button of your mouse works for other characters but not this one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Reset keybinds.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wintermute#0867 wintermute Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have the same problem on one character, a Guardian Fighter in case that is relevant. Can't scroll out, console commands also have no effect, all work fine on my other characters.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    If anyone is still having trouble with this, please send me a character name, @handle and what platform you play on. I'll take a look to see what's up with your character.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If it helps, this is one of the issues that can be fixed by resetting the keybinds. While I won't pretend to understand the mechanics, it would seem something is getting corrupted in the appropriate save file.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I had this problem once, a long time ago.

Resetting keybinds indeed, mysteriously, worked.
  • romknight#3684 romknight Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Can confirm that reset keybinds (although i never change anything) works for both zoom and no running/dash/rolling problems
    Post edited by romknight#3684 on
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I still us my old alias commands to change the FOV (field of view) instructions on how to set it up are here on the official wiki, under my advanced keys section. Been playing it like that since forever, I never noticed any difference.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • eldarlenweeldarlenwe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks all found another thread with the keybind reset just for anyone else who has this problem just type /ui_load in the console :)
  • smartestguysmartestguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    /ui_load worked! So happy. For a bandaid I was changing the default FOV (gfxsetdefaultfov), but it was never perfect and the scroll wheel had no effet whatsoever.
    Weird side effect: after using /ui_load I got the levelup press "u" for more information. This toon (Aranakas) has been 70 for a long time now...