test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to change loadouts or refine items

fmurk#2751 fmurk Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
I am unable to change character loadouts, and I can't refine gear. I hear the sound but nothing happens. I wrote support, and they said the following. Does anyone have experience with this and getting it to work again? Some of my guild mates have the same loadout issue. This seriously impacts the ability to use the character to its fullest extent.

Moderator removed private correspondence from Customer Support.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    What weapons do you have equipped?
  • Options
    ok, sorry, more details: this is for my cleric

using pulldown on top left or clicking manage loadouts, I switch loadouts and I hear the noise and nothing happens.
    I am trying to update my artifact on the right bottom, and same thing, hear the noise, nothing happens.

I have tried removing all insignias from my mounts and applying all mounts to all loadouts per supports suggestion.

• Options
    Well, you don't have the new Primal weapons, but is it possible you are somehow in combat for some other reason? Maybe unsummon your pet? When you try to refine does the window open and then close? Do you hear the sound of your underdark ring going off all the time?

This may be a dead end road, but at least it will keep your issue up top for visiblity
  • Options
    This happens in and out of instances, with and without pet unfortunately. No combat going on, as I can travel between points. it has been like this for a couple of days now with multiple log in/outs. other toons I think work, I should test that.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

This happens in and out of instances, with and without pet unfortunately. No combat going on, as I can travel between points. it has been like this for a couple of days now with multiple log in/outs. other toons I think work, I should test that.

What do you have equipped on your potions slots? Sometimes Tymora's Lucky Coin (and possibly a few other items in that slot) can cause issues with switching loadouts.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Basic troubleshooting step: What is that last thing you changed just before it broke? :smiley:

• Options
    potions are just potions and the crown blessing thing.
    as for what did I do before it broke? who knows, I was playing the game for hours. not till I tried refining did I have a problem. Someone else said they couldn't change specs, I tried and I couldn't either. it could have been anything. I don't change specs much.

My other toons work fine
  • Options
    zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    My char is having the same problem and nothing was changed.
  • Options
    @zakienwar can you please post up the same kind of info on the toon you are having issues with as fmurk has as well as any othee details you think might be important?
  • Options
    ok, I removed ALL of his gear into inventory and got the ability to change specs again. When I changed, one of my artifacts, the orange flame one, was not in the other spec and was in inventory, so it must have been the cause. I reloaded everything and I can change specs still.

I *still* can't refine my item though. Guess I'll start a separate thread on that.

Thanks for the idea, whomever had it, to remove everything. I was focusing on mounts as that is what support said to do.
  • Options
    zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    i removed all my jewelry and armor and artifact and potions , but still know go on my char FIREWITHIN
  • Options
    try to do the mounts "configure for all loadouts"-- I did that too
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    the problem when refining I have struck a few times.. and have been able to get around it by refining the item as close as you can to full rp for the level before attempting the upgrade.. if it is a few notches below and you attempt to upgrade from there the upgrade process seems bugged.. sometimes you need to keep refining it a few times as close to the end point as you can get it, before hitting 'upgrade'
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    So since the patch I have been having this issue as well. Something is broken somewhere as Ive never had this issue before.
    The only thing I've changed on my character was going from MWII to Primal which I've switched back and still have issues.
    Sometimes it just makes the noise and nothing happens, other times I get the message about cooldowns......but nothing is on cooldown.
  • Options
    mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I ran into the same issue too. I just couldn't switch to one of my loadouts. It would act like it was changing to the loadout but didn't actually switch to it.

It turned out to be the mounts causing my issue. I had been rearranging some insignias and had put all of my mounts back to the original way, but that must have somehow messed up my loadout. Once I used the "Apply all mounts to all loadiouts" button, I was then able to switch to the broken loadout again.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    Same issue. Once I clicked "apply all mounts to all loadouts" my issue was addressed. Pls fix it soon.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead