test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allosaur fangs.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)

the fanged amulet asks two fanged ornament.
The amount of the allosaurus fangs need for each ornament is 12. so you need 24.
I understand this item has the most power but i think is "More fair" to reduce the allosaur fangs to 3 for each craft for the ornament to reflect the low rate of the allosaurus fang.

Comments

• Options
    zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Maybe that one is another one they want to be a bit of a chase item? Something that people don't get immediately? Just a thought.

Waaaaah! I can't have BiS TODAY? Waaaaaaah! /sarcasm off
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

Maybe that one is another one they want to be a bit of a chase item? Something that people don't get immediately? Just a thought.

IS not that the case to make a bronzewood amulet is a lot more reasonable since you need to go to do maps mostly and items from masterwork vendors. The items drop from dungeons or from mobs in new are with better rate.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

IS not that the case to make a bronzewood amulet is a lot more reasonable since you need to go to do maps mostly and items from masterwork vendors. The items drop from dungeons or from mobs in new are with better rate.
    Well, I have forwarded the thread to Julia to make sure that it gets seen. I play on Xbox now so I don't really know what the drop rates are like for Omu, or how they should be.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options

Also i want to add you get nothing if you fail to do tier 3 result.
    AT least for masterwork 2 when you were crafting a fartouched orb for cw you spended 3 fartouched and on fail you got back 2 fartouched...........
  • Options
    unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I crafted one already was hard but worth it - already sold it.
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    this is really amazing!
    i killed about 60 allosaurs yesterday and today out of curiosity (and greed of course): 0 (zero!) fangs...

yesterday the AH was empty of fangs, at least i did not find them
    this morning there were quite a few starting around 60k AD
    very tough farming it seems!
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

AT least for masterwork 2 when you were crafting a fartouched orb for cw you spended 3 fartouched and on fail you got back 2 fartouched...........

It's MUCH worse than that, if you then make the fanged beaded amulet from 2 of those fanged ornaments and you fail, you lose both, so that's a 25% chance of losing 24 allosaur fangs (and it's >24 on average with the chance of failure making the ornaments).

@nitocris83 this is farcical. With the RNG in this game (took me 4 goes to make the maple rot elixir to get MC5 alchemy at 75%) this sort of thing can bankrupt mastercrafters who've already spent a fortune to get MC5.

PLEASE bring it to the attention of the devs that the tiny amount you get back on a failure in MC5 is out of keeping with what you got from MC3 and even that was pretty mean. With the changes reducing the fartouched in the MC3 SW/CW/DC weapons, you only reduced the cost of success, the failures still cost the same.

• Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    a-ma-zing!
    first allosaur fang after about 100 allosaur kills...
    i couldn't believe my eyes...
    :o
  • Options
    lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    I sat in Soshenstar doing a loop killing nothing but Allosaur's for 4 freaking hours on Sunday killing hundreds of those annoying things and got a grand total of ZERO fang drops. This terrible drop rate is making crafted items for certain classes much more expensive than other classes. I apologize if the tone of this post is harsh, but mastercrafting is already an uphill battle for most players with layer upon layer of RNG only to require multiple (12 per try) of a basically impossible drop. I really hope the drop rate for this is adjusted to be more in line with the Lion Hide drops (which seems to be a drop for every 15 or so lions), or the recipe cost is adjusted down to 1 per try.
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • Options

I sat in Soshenstar doing a loop killing nothing but Allosaur's for 4 freaking hours on Sunday killing hundreds of those annoying things and got a grand total of ZERO fang drops. This terrible drop rate is making crafted items for certain classes much more expensive than other classes. I apologize if the tone of this post is harsh, but mastercrafting is already an uphill battle for most players with layer upon layer of RNG only to require multiple (12 per try) of a basically impossible drop. I really hope the drop rate for this is adjusted to be more in line with the Lion Hide drops (which seems to be a drop for every 15 or so lions), or the recipe cost is adjusted down to 1 per try.

Do they drop AT ALL out in the zone, a friend claims to have hundreds from ToNG

• Options

I haven't seen one drop from ToNG either, and that's after more than 100 runs since mod launch.
    "Lord Willow"
    My Twitch Stream

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • Options

It's MUCH worse than that, if you then make the fanged beaded amulet from 2 of those fanged ornaments and you fail, you lose both, so that's a 25% chance of losing 24 allosaur fangs (and it's >24 on average with the chance of failure making the ornaments).

I do have all professions leveled to max for MC, and my observation has been that the mastercrafting chance at success can't be the same as what we see on the screen... with the mythic forgehammer and all epic tools I should have a 75% chance of success on mastercrafting tasks. I've been tracking this since having achieved the epic MC tools (no point prior to that). So far this mod, tasks to unlock IV, commissioned items, items to unlock V, and V recipes are all running a solid 61.7% chance of success (slightly better than a coin flip). Part of why I was able to have MC V on everything day one was that I stockpiled resources for commissioned items based on that 61.7% percentage of success versus what the screen shows... funny thing was I came within 2 or 3 items for each resource based on that... So yeah lets assume that Allosaur fangs continue to not drop, therefore remain costly on the AH (90k+ tonight, but usually more)... you should then assume that you would need 64 fangs on hand for each final item requiring two fanged ornaments... 64 * 90k = 5.7m AD minimum worth of Allosaur fangs... and this is just one component to Neck/Belt/ weapon items...
    "Lord Willow"
    My Twitch Stream

• Options

I do have all professions leveled to max for MC, and my observation has been that the mastercrafting chance at success can't be the same as what we see on the screen... with the mythic forgehammer and all epic tools I should have a 75% chance of success on mastercrafting tasks. I've been tracking this since having achieved the epic MC tools (no point prior to that). So far this mod, tasks to unlock IV, commissioned items, items to unlock V, and V recipes are all running a solid 61.7% chance of success (slightly better than a coin flip). Part of why I was able to have MC V on everything day one was that I stockpiled resources for commissioned items based on that 61.7% percentage of success versus what the screen shows... funny thing was I came within 2 or 3 items for each resource based on that... So yeah lets assume that Allosaur fangs continue to not drop, therefore remain costly on the AH (90k+ tonight, but usually more)... you should then assume that you would need 64 fangs on hand for each final item requiring two fanged ornaments... 64 * 90k = 5.7m AD minimum worth of Allosaur fangs... and this is just one component to Neck/Belt/ weapon items...
    I'm 76 successes from 114 attempts on the tasks for this module so doing a little better than you, but at exactly 2/3 still not close to 75%.

• Options
    marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User

I haven't seen hundreds drop in Tong, but I have seen 3 over the last week or so drop, so they do drop in Tong. Never ever seen one drop on Soshenstar.
  • Options
    aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User

Let's talk about this necklace.

Why is the price over the roof? 24 Allosaur fangs are needed to make it, that is if you have 100% success in your masterwork.

Now let's try farming allosaurs in Soshestar river. You got to find them first right?

There are 3 pairs of them and one single allosaur near the temple. One of these pairs you not only have to compete with other players to get the kill but they might die or be half dead cause of the T-rex that spawns in the same area.

Now what's the chance to drop the fang? I don't know maybe 5%?

So, why not do hunts instead and win the new necklaces there which are.. wait for it.. ready to be equipped!

I mean okay guys rng on this count of amount? Doesn't masterwork stuff have enough rng already?

Please increase the drop rate or reduce the amount needed. I want to have the option to farm them myself.

Piece~
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • Options
    aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    It is really imbalanced. Only CW and DC need these to make the off-hand weapons. No-one else does so why are they singled out in this way? Losing 12 fangs on a failed task is bad enough, but you need to 2 just to attempt another task which you might also fail - at least 24 fangs and hours of grinding for nothing!!!!! This needs to be looked at as it is totally out of balance with the other tasks.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    aerthyn said:

It is really imbalanced. Only CW and DC need these to make the off-hand weapons. No-one else does so why are they singled out in this way? Losing 12 fangs on a failed task is bad enough, but you need to 2 just to attempt another task which you might also fail - at least 24 fangs and hours of grinding for nothing!!!!! This needs to be looked at as it is totally out of balance with the other tasks.

Yep, I don't know why they really make it difficult for the spellcasting classes. Both the CW and DC in particular have had recent nerfs as well anyway, while other classes have general boosts.

Maybe it is because the developers/designers do not play them? (With the exception of Julia with her CW).
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Do the Devs hate specific classes? Well, iths either that or this is case of someone just not realizing how unfair this is.

The fact is that the other three sets (Bronzewood, Lichstone and Beaded) are much less expensive to make. It makes no sense whatsoever to have one set much harder to make than the other three.

There are two reasonable ways to fix this.

Either reduce the number of fangs needed, or improve the Allosaur fang drop rate - it seems to be around 1% - makeing it 10% or so would make the Fanged set about as hard/expensive to make as the other three.

That's all we are asking....be fair - don't make one set an order of magnitude harder to make than the other three.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Do the Devs hate specific classes? Well, iths either that or this is case of someone just not realizing how unfair this is.

Probably more indifference or not knowing what is happening.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    The only plausible explanation I can come up with is that there is little to no inter-office communication between the people in charge of creating masterwork recipe's and the people in charge of coding loot drops. (or any other divisions within the development team for that matter)

If those in charge of coding loot drops don't have all the information about what the items they're coding are for they could easily assign drop rates that end up being completely out of whack to what one would expect. If the amount of communication we get on the forums is anything to go by, this wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

I'm not saying this is whats happening, but it's the only thing I can think of that would explain the ridiculousness we often see with drop rates. The sad thing is, it almost certainly won't change and we'll never hear a word from the developers one way or another. Here's hoping I'm wrong. Xfngrs
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Yes the imbalance is there. I just made myself the headpiece for my GWF, all material can be farmed from maps. I friend if mine is a TR, his helment requires 2 fanged ornaments. That is a stupid difference. Make the fanged ornament require 3 fangs instead of 12 would be only fair and balanced for all classes.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Well, there are two reasonable solutions.
    1. Change the Fanged Ornament recipe to require a more reasonable number of fangs, say 2 or 3.
    2. Change the allosaurs to have a more reasonable drop rate. I mean, a 1% drop rate is just plain silly. 10% would be a lot more reasonable.
    As it is, the situation is just unfair - gear for one class should not cost 10 times as much as gear for another. This is extremely frustrating for those classes, and needs to be fixed ASAP. I mean, I have 8 Lvl 70 characters - one of every class, and I do not feel it is unreasonable to expect it to similarly expensive to gear them up.
    Hoping for improvements...