test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(PC) Does the pvp exist?

diogene21diogene21 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2018 in PvP Discussion
I have a level 42 pg. Every time I go into game, I start the search queue to do some pvp. Well ... in 42 levels I still could not play a match. They are always and perpetually in queue. Why this? Hence the question reported in the post title ...

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    nope and I have since stopped writing in these forums til the pvp with the devs event providing that sparks new life
    pvp is complete hampster on Pc a ghost town and xbox and ps4 will share the same fate when nothing is done
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    diogene21 said:

I have a level 42 pg. Every time I go into game, I start the search queue to do some pvp. Well ... in 42 levels I still could not play a match. They are always and perpetually in queue. Why this? Hence the question reported in the post title ...

GG pvp is dead, Siege pvp is dead, Premades do not exist, normal domination is rarity- Only solo que and you have 1, max 2 instances and generaly at certain times, and when you see 2 instances of pvp players Then- LOOOL amazing- sooooo much people in pvp! so this is very good score. Just WOW for the global game :)
  • icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Luckily pve is thriving, and there's a ton of end game content that's worthwhile, otherwise this game would be in very bad shape.
  • callidus1986callidus1986 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    This game not worth PvP so disbalanced in classes i myself recomend not to PvP here in Solo Q or and regular PvP you could try PvP at mod 12 with Broken SoD but mod 13 Trs are disbalanced totally ... No wonder why alot veteran PvPers quit PvP totally disbalanced game Ovepowering 1 stupid class Trs ... I Never ever step put on this stupid PvP game if developers at least bit use there tiny brains and fix this game .... Do you even test before releasing ... anyone who trys PvP not recomending
  • faerbotfaerbot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Everytime I decide to come back to NW I log my CW into PVP---and I realize nothing has changed. NW will not devote enough resources to PVP to make it viable endgame content. But really the class balance is distorted in PVE also, it just does not possess the sting of feeling like a punching bag that PVP has. It is sad that I WANT to give NW my money, but simply can't on principle.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Picture this:

(1) End game PvP player - full boons, min-maxed stats, deep knowledge of class, some useful (i.e. broken) mechanics, items and/or drains

vs

(2) 7-9k newbie tentatively entering PvP for the first time, no boons, starter guild, working their way with armor bought with protector seals, rank 5-7 enchants

One hit deaths for player (2), usually multiple times in the same game, lucky if they get a kill, unable to defend any nodes. Would they return to PvP? Probably not. The strong players keep the domain for themselves. There is not much room for new players to grow.

Then to fight against (1), you'll need to gear up and use certain mechanics just to survive, swatting player (2) out of the way to 'win' Dom.

Unless they balance (1) and (2). PvP will languish. Every mod adds new stuff to separate these players. People in-between will either gear up to try to become (1) type players themselves, or give up. It's sad. :(

But for pre-70 PvP, I haven't played that in years. Is it because they have removed any meaningful rewards in PvP?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Pvp will suffer a major blow due to omu items... mane of the Manticore and Chittenango helmet.

Why does no one listen when I scream the sky is falling?
    Post edited by demonmonger on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • chaeddachaedda Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Force drain kills Pvp !
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Only one solution since loooooong , said a hundred times...equalize all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    No boons, or only the PVP ones, standart gear no setbonus.
    Balance on that level, done for all
    > @schietindebux said:
    > Only one solution since loooooong , said a hundred times...equalize all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    > No boons, or only the PVP ones, standart gear no setbonus.
    > Balance on that level, done for all

But then why pay to raise enchants or weapons?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Paying to raise these things for pvp has created a well balanced, healthy and thriving community where you can jump in at any time and have a great match.

I'd rather pay for new maps and modes, or a pvp system completely separate from pve.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Who likes PVP for itself does not look for a constant advantage or has a need to outgear his opponent x5.
    Maxing gear to a level noone can reach in years, entering this game, broken unneeded gear with stupid bonus effects, drains, boons that creat silly sideeffects, insignia, stupid Mount boni etc, guildboons ...the list is endless and getting bigger every mod.
    One gear/set a season is more than enough, get dalies down to a level they Werke inteded by that, skip that statinflation in PVP, done.
    Solid base to balance and compete achieved in no time.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It has been said before 2 things and pvp will thrive in no time..

Equalize gear to a simular lvl for all that enter where only minor advantage can be gained like having rank 14 compared to rank 13 or ultra instead of transce gear boons etc can only give a max of 10% advantage (which in itself is massive).

Add good rewards for playing pvp in form of AD and refine items or items purchasable with glory.

Adding different maps (can as well be playermade and the most played(popular)) become permanent.

Bam Pvp will once again become a major part of NW.

Now why they do not do this is most likely that they can not find a way to make enough money from it and therefore have no interest in making pvp a major part of this game any more.

It is so simple to implement these changes I can find no other reason for not doing it then stated above......
    > @schietindebux said:
    > Only one solution since loooooong , said a hundred times...equalize all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

> @schietindebux said:

> Only one solution since loooooong , said a hundred times...equalize all that HAMSTER

to unlock Random Epic Dungeons, and eventually TONG