test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Areas won't load

cryshalcryshal Member Posts: 71 Arc User
I've tried three different areas for my Cleric, where she has quests. The loading stops half way and won't continue. I have to window out and relog, but it's the same each time.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Now the login loading screen won't even continue. I have no problem loading my other characters.
  • Options
    zurcer#2268 zurcer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Im also having issues entering a zone where I have to download patch files.

Follow-up: I set my Launcher's Options > Patching from On-Demand to Force Verify. Verified 110k files and ended up downloading ~3GB. I was then able to login.

Looks like their on-demand patching server is having issues.
  • Options
    inspyredinspyred Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am currently stuck trying to load into my character after closing the game from getting stuck trying to leave protectors enclave
  • Options
    jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Same issues. I was in game with patch progress bar stuck at top of screen; attempted to transition into another zone progress bar stuck half way. Logged out and back in and loading progress stuck at 90%. :(
  • Options
    scriondar#4234 scriondar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Same issue here, the patcher is locking up everytime I have a loading screen. Relogged multiple times, one character cant be logged into at all now that he's out of Protector's Enclave.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    ok, areas now loading but transitions taking about 5 mins, strangely not getting logged out during wait, usually asked to log back in if takes more than minute.
    still trying to patch files in game, guessing this is the issue, but doesn't complete if i log out and in
  • Options
    update:
    now 10 minutes stuck in transition....this really needs sorting.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I'm still patching using the Force Verify. It's been 15 minutes. I'm at 80%.
  • Options
    yep now seems to be totalled....
    pay your server bill ffs....
  • Options
    it is one of 2 patch files it is trying to install that hangs at 75% each time
  • Options
    scriondar#4234 scriondar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I've let it sit for the last hour trying to load into Spinward Rise. It took 45 minutes but the patcher appears to be done (at least it is no longer visible in the upper left corner). However the loading bar has been stuck at ~90% for the last 10-15 minutes.

Ugh.
  • Options
    not sure if it is related but it is coincidence if not; most of entries in campaign window gone, meaning i can't collect rewards. boons etc etc.
    wow someone at cryptic has had a stellar morning^^
  • Options
    hautehawt#9673 hautehawt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I play this game in cybercafe. So is next time if I logged in from different computer the patch will load again and I will have to wait for hours? Or is it will saved to my character?
  • Options
    andarielittaandarielitta Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have some problem with Mantol-Derith. When I try to go to this place my map loading screen stops at "patching 15 files, 0 bytes/s" and that's how it lasted for an hour, nothing happens more. I have already blocked two characters in this way, cannot login into because cant download the map till the end. With my internet everything is ok, game also worked perfectly until I tried to enter Mantol-Derith. Does anyone have a similar problem with this map and solve it in some way?

Thanks for help.

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    I'm having this too. Areas I haven't been to in the past week or so can't be reliably accessed. I've tried to do a couple of the Chult patrols, only the wouldn't load. Got stuck somewhere around 1/3 and I had to force close the game. Now it won't even load my character. Tried Force Verify, did nothing.
    Now I'm trying to turn off On Demand Patching to see if that helps but the download speed is snail speed. Like it's been running for half an hour now and it's barely downloaded 0.5MB, normally this would take me about 10-15 minutes tops to get and that's on patch day with everyone downloading at the same time.

@nitocris83 I know it's the weekend but can you please refer this on? It's nigh on impossible to play right now for some of us at the least.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It isn't just Mantol-Derith. It's a more widespread problem relating to going to zones you haven't been to for a while as you can see in this thread.
    Switching off On Demand Patching solved it for some people, but it takes forever to download :(

@nitocris83 Julia it's spreading to be a real big problem. In fact it doesn't seem to be patch related as it's only being reported today, so something happened during the night. Did the patch server blow a fuse?
  • Options
    theopvtheopv Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Yup, me too. Trying to load into a random skirmish and stuck at "patching 5 files"
  • Options
    olgar1olgar1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Same isue here, logged in on an alt but my main keeps loading........
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Same problem here when I tried to get into Kessel's Retreat. Just hangs at around 90% when patching files in. After reading other posts here, I'm going to check what else is affected. Not a happy bunny :(
  • Options
    romknight#3684 romknight Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm reinstalling the game after opening a ticket yesterday with this same issue. I'm a SW though.

I'm in sharandar region
  • Options
    @kreatyve Thank you! :D For your information it isn't just Neverwinter who has the issue, Star Trek Online does too.

As I said in the thread over there I'm wondering if this is related to the issue yesterday where the sever light was red but you could still log on without issue?
    Just speculating here mind.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    ilithyn said:

@kreatyve Thank you! :D For your information it isn't just Neverwinter who has the issue, Star Trek Online does too.

As I said in the thread over there I'm wondering if this is related to the issue yesterday where the sever light was red but you could still log on without issue?
    Just speculating here mind.

I suppose it's possible. It's very early in California though, so I'm having trouble getting a hold of someone. Gonna try getting a hold of someone in Europe.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    luciusdracoluciusdraco Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    it is a systemic issue.... I have the same problem when I queued for a Random Epic Dungeon; the load screen stopped at 50% with trying to patch 5 files; now my character is inaccessible to me on either of my computers or my laptop. The character load screen says I'm in Epic Isle of Tuern which I haven't been in for many months. So... it's a patch server problem. (in my opinion)
  • Options
    wintermute#0867 wintermute Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Something seems to be up today. My game is frequently hanging on a black screen saying 'Patching 5 files 0%' after selecting change character.
  • Options
    bodeez#8664 bodeez Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm having the same issues. Patching 3 files, 0 bytes/sec has been doing this all morning today
  • Options
    Swapped out characters and having the same issues it just hangs on patching.
  • Options
    This has been occurring most of today, there are a lot of other comments in other areas about this same issue but it doesn't seem like anything is being done about it.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I think it is a patch server problem. I assume patch server is not totally dead because that would be a different error instead of hanging. i.e. it can connect to the server service port successfully, did initial hand shakes successfully but it cannot get the files.

I have one character that went into a daily quest and was hanging like the screen above. I can 'alt-f4' to get out. I still have access to the other characters but I will just do invocation and profession for them and not changing site until this is resolved.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Well, been back in. I can change characters and move to regular quest zones but anything else just hangs while patching/loading the area. So dungeons, skirmishes and the like seem to be off limits for the time being :(
This discussion has been closed.