test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cordon of Arrows Nerf

kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
Since today's update seems that although crits will now trigger with this action, damage is now only applied to one enemy within the cordon. Previously it would hit and trap all within the cordon now it only hits one, making it very limiting and pretty useless now.

Comments

• drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 300 Arc User
    Please.
    Would like confirmation whether this is a bug or wai.
    Did not see anything mentioned in the patch notes.
    This is a huge nerf to HR archers.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    This is found in the "LOST CITY OF OMU LAUNCH WEEK BUGS" thread. There is an official thread to report and check the bugs.

Cordon of Arrows is in the process of being fixed internally.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • neon#1277 neon Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Since today's update seems that although crits will now trigger with this action, damage is now only applied to one enemy within the cordon. Previously it would hit and trap all within the cordon now it only hits one, making it very limiting and pretty useless now.

Please bring back multi-target Cordon of Arrows! HRs are NOT overpowered atm. Everyone that has a HR please join in on this.
  • bigwadbigwad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any ETA for a fix? Without cordon, my HR is useless, as that is the only skill that makes it viable after lvl65. If you can't fix it quickly, please just revert the change to the previous functionality, so we don't have to go play something else for months..
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I would also like to voice that I am feeling this bug and want it fixed ASAP please.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I have a HR archer with CoA. @nitocris83 already said, they are working on it, that is good enough. I don't see an issue either way, but @tiberiusrex#6660 players should be able to play any paragon tree they desire. Archer is not a bad tree and still works ok even without the CoA. If you are keeping your distance, using a defender or striker class companion to block, you should be ok. This thread isn't about a build issue but a bug in the game mechanic. I am happy to hear the developers are on top of it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    While I wish they would fix the problem, @tiberiusrex does have a good point. HRs might have to use other load-outs until it is fixed. I know I have been slowly accepting my HR Archer might not be able to go into "End Game" content and be effective even if they fixed this latest issue.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I seldom use CoA. Haven't in a long while.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

you "should" be able to use any tree but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't really work that way in this game. a lot of the tool tips are no longer accurate. many things have been nerfed or changed or buffed to make the trees no longer wysiwyg. fact of the matter is archer is still not a viable path.

@greywynd you disagree with my other post and probably this one too, do you think archers do enough damage to be a viable path and cordon of arrows is an important hr encounter? you yourself said you haven't even used cordon in a long time? what exactly was wrong with that post? disagree doesn't really help anyone's understanding along. talk to me baby.

This thread isn't about a build issue...

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    the point is people should not be forced to play in a way that makes the game less enjoyable or viable for them. i would imagine that if gwf, pally etc had one of their main skills mullered to the point a certain path was now useless the forum would be inundated with people threatening to throw their swords out of the pram.
    hr is already far behind the curve in comparison to other classes as it is.

i do play trapper as opposed to archer so doesn't really effect me; but should still have the choice of viable paths
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    With loadout, you can use any tree. Some tree may be better than other in DPS. Some tree can be interesting depends on the situation and the most important part is what you like to play.

I still remember in a CN run (no RQ back then). The whole party did not have a tank. We got wiped against Orcus. So, a GWF said, "let me change to a tank and that should do it". So, I thought, "ok, he is going to switch to an OP/GF". No, he changed loadout to be Sentinel and he did a great job tanking Orcus. He did that like a OP/GF.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Cordon of Arrows was extremely potent in Mad Wizard for instance, especially in the combo with the Lightning enchantment.

As the name Cordon suggests, it should be a multihit.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    It was fixed last patch. Mine has seemed to be working since then. I'll have to double check it though.
  • siggtomten29siggtomten29 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    rynardm said:

It was fixed last patch. Mine has seemed to be working since then. I'll have to double check it though.

its crits and do aoe again, but i seem to have problems with terrain, as some escape the stun, and the dmg seem to lag as the animation is well and done before the mobs remember how to die.