test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] [PVE] Combat HR Guide

Comments

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I played PoM today with another HR, he was trapper, me combat. Even though he wasn't maxed in gear etc. he basically killed or took most health with roots before I was even able to get to mobs.

Maybe that's funny or pathetic by me but it's today that I realised that going into melee is our main weakness :smiley: With lol level content I have hard time to deal any dps since things are dead before I'm within range of my tiny knives.

Anyone encountered simillar problem? Any tips?
  • xmar011xmar011 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Just run faster:). Joking, but I dont care this kind of dungs. I am often beated by low gear gwf or cw on ETOS or EGWD, he is just faster :) and kills mobs with 1 hit.
    But pls answer my request concerning rotation.
    xmar011 said:

Just run faster:). Joking, but I dont care this kind of dungs. I am often beated by low gear gwf or cw on ETOS or EGWD, he is just faster :) and kills mobs with 1 hit.
    But pls answer my request concerning rotation.

You should use melee encounter after LS shot and then 3x split strike. You're loosing all the LS buff on just hitting 3x Split Strike not buffed by Combat capstone.

Got it. and what after 3x split strike? next melee and 3x split strike? And going around only melee and split strike? I dont understand :)
    xmar011 said:

Got it. and what after 3x split strike? next melee and 3x split strike? And going around only melee and split strike? I dont understand :)

@xmar011

Yes, that's it. You basically spam encounters to buff atwills. Of course you can throw thorn ward, cordon or go back to throw another Longstriders and then repeat. It can be boring as hell but it sure does tons of damage.

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Ideally, longstrider, slasher in, drop whatever encounter is up, preferably plant growth, spam splitstrike, pop giant eye etc. generally explode.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    Thank you very much guys. I am trying to understand it. Totally different than trapper. I am not sure I like it :))
    I actually found it prettt dull after running it for some time now. Switched to trapper mostly and also running dungeons with my GF most of the time since tanking seems so much fun for me atm.

Uh, oh. Off the topic I heard a rumour that Feytouched is getting nerfed in mod13, can anyonoe confirm this? I just upgraded my trans to UP few days ago and my guildies told me that Fey and Lightning are getting nerfed.

Any knowledge on this?

*** Summons the loremaster @rjc9000 ***
    And also - anyone checked if Bilethorn is good for tong boss fights? It's an enchantment that takes long to kick in, but especially Orcus fight isn't short.
    Tbh. with nerfs and bugs I gave up caring, bought a trans vorp and called it good. Boring sure, but it does what it says on the can, is useful for all my alts except my tank, will never ever get nerfed because it is so simple, and isn't complex enough to bug out. Cheapish too.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I actually found it prettt dull after running it for some time now. Switched to trapper mostly and also running dungeons with my GF most of the time since tanking seems so much fun for me atm.

Uh, oh. Off the topic I heard a rumour that Feytouched is getting nerfed in mod13, can anyonoe confirm this? I just upgraded my trans to UP few days ago and my guildies told me that Fey and Lightning are getting nerfed.

Any knowledge on this?

*** Summons the loremaster @rjc9000 ***

For the most part, no.

If you wish to be technical, Feytouch's "% of wpn dmg" procs will likely be affected in the same way the devs said they wish to adjust Lightning.

However, I have not seen or read any blog posts in which the devs have flat out said "we plan to adjust the Feytouched damage buff". Since the main appeal of Feytouched is its damage buff, you can rest assured that Fey will be fine in Mod13.

(inb4 random "Feytouched buff nerfed into oblivion" gets inserted into Mod13 preview)

And also - anyone checked if Bilethorn is good for tong boss fights? It's an enchantment that takes long to kick in, but especially Orcus fight isn't short.

No.

Proc enchants in general suck on Combat HR due to half of your damage (Blade Hurricane + Piercing Blades) not activating the proc enchantments. This issue would get further compounded by the Bloody Death buff, as Bloody Death works in a similar fashion to Piercing Blades and won't proc any weapon enchantment hits.

In addition, Combat HRs have something called "decent base damage" which means you are always better off with a buff style enchantment (Fey/Vorpal/Dread).

Hi.

I recently changed from UP Fey to UP Vorpal and I'm glad I did this.

But my first question is - how much crit chance do I need? I have like 94-95% crit chance with bonding proc but I wonder if I should aim for 100%. When I swap my loadout to Trapper, I find myself with highly overstacked crit chance (110-115%). So is 94% good enough or should I be hardcore and go to 100%?

My second question - do you guys put your armpen in your gear or do you just swap guild boon from power to armpen when running tong? Cause that's what I do actually.

And third question - what's your boots choice? I currently use Bonespurs, but was thinking about Boots of the Alpha (cause this sounds so goddamn manly) or Assault Primal slippers. Or maybe some different choice you guys have?
    edited February 2018
    Anything over 85-90% is pretty much enough for base crit chance (with bondings up), after that boons and buffs will spike it to a 100%.

Arpen, mainly stacked on my pet for pve, guild boon for pvp.

Boots wise, bonespurs for enough arpen for the tong bosses without stacking crazy (and normally useless) amounts of the base stat. Sometimes in PvP I swap to alpha boots.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Hey guys I'm back :) I've been gone since Nov last year, it doesn't seem like I missed much. Looks like us Combat HR's are still king of the hill. Question Which weapon set is BiS now? Also from looking at the new drops Fured Kiuno of the Bear, Jawripper's Gloves and Boots of the Willed are the new BiS for those spots.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @dragonsbane3 said:
    > Hey guys I'm back :) I've been gone since Nov last year, it doesn't seem like I missed much. Looks like us Combat HR's are still king of the hill. Question Which weapon set is BiS now? Also from looking at the new drops Fured Kiuno of the Bear, Jawripper's Gloves and Boots of the Willed are the new BiS for those spots.

Welcome back.

I wouldn't call the combat HR "King of the hill" but, yes, we're doing fine and nothing has changed since november.

I'm still not sure which weapon set I should use. Primal seems to be the winner atm, it procs a lot despite not working with lifesteal, but i fear it's gonna get an internal cooldown sooner or later as usual. Pilgrim is bugged. Pioneer is a steady 4000 points in unbuffed offensive stats and 1000 in defense (another 100 power with assassin's covenant) but only in a full group.

Mod13 brings some powerful armor but it's too early for anyone to have them (except the kiuno), there also are rings which give up to 2.5% damage when closer than 25 feet away from target, which means always for us.
    Post edited by artifleur on
    artifleur said:

> @dragonsbane3 said:

> Hey guys I'm back :) I've been gone since Nov last year, it doesn't seem like I missed much. Looks like us Combat HR's are still king of the hill. Question Which weapon set is BiS now? Also from looking at the new drops Fured Kiuno of the Bear, Jawripper's Gloves and Boots of the Willed are the new BiS for those spots.

Welcome back.

I wouldn't call the combat HR "King of the hill" but, yes, we're doing fine and nothing has changed since november.

I'm still not sure which weapon set I should use. Primal seems to be the winner atm, it procs a lot despite not working with lifesteal, but i fear it's gonna get an internal cooldown sooner or later as usual. Pilgrim is bugged. Pioneer is a steady 4000 points in unbuffed offensive stats and 1000 in defense (another 100 power with assassin's covenant) but only in a full group.

Mod13 brings some powerful armor but it's too early for anyone to have them (except the kiuno), there also are rings which give up to 2.5% damage when closer than 25 feet away from target, which means always for us.

Not True my friend, there seems to have been a bug or maybe "working as intended" but you could buy multiple expedition box's and get T3 hunts done or for that matter unlock the whole campaign. If you wanted to drop that much cash upfront. "Pay to Win" for sure..... I have the chest, boots and gloves already and 3 sets of the weapons. Sadly not for the HR tho, I have the Paladin, Cleric and Control Wizard. I'll do some testing with them and report back.

prntscr.com/imds7b

prntscr.com/imdrth
    prntscr.com/imdrm8
    prntscr.com/imdrbu

[...] Also from looking at the new drops Fured Kiuno of the Bear[...]

(Don't mind me, just an ordinary fighter walking through...)

Not True my friend, there seems to have been a bug or maybe "working as intended" but you could buy multiple expedition box's and get T3 hunts done or for that matter unlock the whole campaign. If you wanted to drop that much cash upfront. "Pay to Win" for sure..... I have the chest, boots and gloves already and 3 sets of the weapons. Sadly not for the HR tho, I have the Paladin, Cleric and Control Wizard. I'll do some testing with them and report back.

prntscr.com/imds7b

prntscr.com/imdrth
    prntscr.com/imdrm8
    prntscr.com/imdrbu

Congratulations on catching the tyrant and his gear already! Did you get any sleep since the patch was released?

Wouldn't Fearbringers be better than Jawripper's Gloves? I don't know for you but I personally hardly do any damage with my daily powers partly cause i'm too busy using encounters and at-wills.
    rjc9000 said:

(Don't mind me, just an ordinary fighter walking through...)

The kiuno is awesome no doubt, I got mine today.

When I read "inherited proc" and "yes" for piercing blade and blade hurricane I thought you meant we would get an extra 1.03 multiplier for the procs but, no, we don't. T_T
    artifleur said:

When I read "inherited proc" and "yes" for piercing blade and blade hurricane I thought you meant we would get an extra 1.03 multiplier for the procs but, no, we don't. T_T

I wanted to point out that the procs Piercing Blades/Blade Hurricane will take into account the damage buff of the Kino if the original ability worked with the Kino.

This is because other procs, such as Thorned Roots or the GF's Jagged Blades, don't factor in the Fured Kino buff.

(I checked Thorned Roots while using Hindering Strike, it was a no go.)

I'm testing out this combo atm. You can really set up some monster dmg when all the buffs are up.

edited March 2018
    Nice gear, I've got the offensive ring, and the furry bear chest, will probably go for the boots in makos store that give 3% damage when your stami a is full, as mine is always full when I attack as archer anyway in PvP.

Arms and hat wise, still not sure. I like my primal arms with the power stacks, and the rex hat. Might change them for pvp though. Maybe manticore mane and erm er something.
    So, the Kiuno armor is a new go-to armor? This armpiece looks like a must have for trapper build. Not so sure about combat.
  • ghatheghathe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Enduring boots from makos store seems like a good option as combat HR since our stamina is almost always full with the regen on split strike
    edited March 2018
    Anyone know if a) 2 rings of offensive action stack, and b) do gravestriker/offensive ring bonuses work on pets i.e.. giving you the bonus rather than the pet.?

And I guess 3% more damage doesn't equal about 1500-2000 power... because when in a group with power sharers, when you have a stupid amount of power, the 3% would be calculated off your damage with that stupid amount of power included..?
    Yes, atm I can confirm the gravestriker does work on companions. Not sure how long until they fix it or if it is even on their radar atm, Like the bugged primal rings were.
    edited March 2018
    Nice, I tried the offensive action one on my pet, doesn't work.

Also apparantly 2 offensive action rings don't stack when equipped on yourself. Depending on whether this is intended, or a bug like the primal ring bonuses last mod (2 equipped on self not pet) I guess it might get fixed at some point, or not.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Is lightning better for clearing dungeons then switch to Feytouched for bosses?
    Post edited by sax1993 on
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
    edited March 2018
    Trash clearing - combat sw with lightning/fey (probably lightning by a smidge).

Boss - some say sw, some say pf - personally I go with pf for careful attack - with fey.

To be honest, unless you're an absolute min/maxer or so rich that it ain't no big thing to have 2 weapon sets and 2 weapon enchants, it doesn't really matter.

I just slot vorpal for everything and call it good enough.
    Same for me. Trash clearing isn't really a problem so I don't bother changing enchantment or loadout.

Feytouched is the best enchantment but vorpal is fine and a lot cheaper so I stick to perfect vorpal.
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    I have a unp fey and got trans lightning yesterday.

So far been switching during T9Gs and I still think the Fey outperforms lightning even vs mobs.

I think it has to do with how good OPs AoC is and Fey buffs that. Maybe if I ran without the OP I might see lightning do better but who would wanna run without an OP?

Yeah I think I might be selling the trans lightning lmao
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)