test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] CW Mechanics Guide: (Mod 13)

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Ice Knife procs weapon enchantments 4 times.

MY tests:

Ice knife proc some of the scaling weapon enchantments 4 times.

Feytouched and holy avenger is not the case.

feytouched 0 procs.

holy avenger 3 procs.

It is easier to write, "Ice knife procs weapon enchantments 4 times," then to write:

"Ice knife procs weapon enchantments 4 times except feytouched since it is a known bug that feytouched does not proc on daily powers and holy avenger since holy avenger has an ICD on the WE proc." If you want specific info like that though, I did list it all here. Those are specific mechanics unique to those 2 enchants which make them behave differently. Every enchant has some minor quirk and I don't really want to clutter my guide by listing all of the quirks.
    They were known you are saying but i dont see any post here in neverwinter official forums.

It was always there.

I also posted about it on the weapon enchant rework thread ages ago in mod 11.5 and I am sure @rjc9000 mentions some of this stuff in his weapon enchantment guide.
    Ok then. i have a question based on the spreadsheet :
    You are saying that ice knife proc weapon enchantments 4 times is a bug.
    Icy storm proc the enchantments 2 times is it normal or a bug?
    Its a bug...

If an ability hits once, it should proc an enchant once.
    Ok some interesting information : chill stacks Coming from powers proc enchantments.
    ICe knife +3 chils=4 proc.
    icy storm +1 chill =2 proc.
    I think that is clear the numbers show it .
    icy veins chills are excluded( and glad they dont work those chills since they are coming from a feat ) and they dont proc weapon enchants .
    Example a steal time with icy veins feat will proc 2 times the enchant and not 7.

I dont know if this a bug . I dont know if chills coming from a power create entities to proc enchants i wrote what i saw i dont take the responsibility to call it a bug.
    DEV know not we.
  • pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Is there some kind of rivalry or history between mamalion1234 and thefabricant ? Seems like 1 does some tests and research on game mechanics and the other comes and questions the results ? Lol maybe its just me but sure seems like that one of them has a bone to pick with the other .
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    No comment....
    pjohnny1 said:

Is there some kind of rivalry or history between mamalion1234 and thefabricant ? Seems like 1 does some tests and research on game mechanics and the other comes and questions the results ? Lol maybe its just me but sure seems like that one of them has a bone to pick with the other .

Some things need question for better understanding on guides or and correction.
    Oppresive force is great example the interaction with the combustive action. IN reality yes it extends it much lesser duration than 5 seconds as stated in guide.
    Someone wants to debuff and see that opressive extend by 5 sec the combustive will not build correctly. IS different if opressive adds 2 2.5 sec and different 5 seconds. ( an example the player will build lesser ap gain thinking that is 5 seconds extension ).

Anyone who find something in any guide which is published to official forum to say his opinion and share too his tests if is something is different. I Do mistakes anyone does mistakes.
  • emeraldknight#2030 emeraldknight Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    dairyzeus said:

Ok, thank you for that info.

So, but then, if I switch to single target powers when fighting single mobs like bosses, then it is better to go with vorpal, Fey or dread.

Having 100% critical chance, I understand that Fey is better than vorpal, right? Does that mean Fey is also better than dread?

Thanks again. Great help.

Assuming 100% crit chance, it depends on your crit damage (before vorpal or dread).

Without going into maths, the general idea is:

The more crit damage you have means that adding additional crit damage will impact your overall dps less.

The reason fey is recommended (and I recommend it too) is because CWs actually have large portions our damage damage which cannot crit.

If something cannot crit (storm spell, assailant, aura of courage from a pally), then dread or vorpal doesn't boost it at all.

The bonus from fey however, is a straight damage buff that affects everything. Since we're an encounter heavy class, we have no worries about keeping the fey buff up, thus making it an excellent choice for single target.

Note that if your fey enchant isn't trans, fey does have a cooldown attached to it. The cooldown really kills fey's potential, to the point that vorpal/dread are better than fey up until you get to the trans level.
    I use Icey terrain so would you recommend that I use Feytouched for my single Target loadout?

As I understand is Feytouched is bugged with Icey Terrain. My Crit Chance is at 100% and base crit severity at 87%, in this case for single target using powers such as Ray of Enfeeblement, Disintegrate, Icey Terrain and Conduit of Ice would Dread or Vorpal be better?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Swap out Icy Terrain with Chill Strike and start your rotation with Chill Strike than use CoI.

• vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    On 12b it seems that Smolder and Rimefire are no longer stackable:

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235525/swords-of-chult-release-prep-patch-notes

Classes and Balance
    Control Wizard
    Shield now has a more accurate tooltip, including damage dealt and its category.
    Smolder and Rimefire Smolder can no longer appear on an enemy at the same time.

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235525/swords-of-chult-release-prep-patch-notes

Classes and Balance
    Control Wizard
    Shield now has a more accurate tooltip, including damage dealt and its category.

I dont know if preview patch notes is what will have on live but :

obekpl said:

Classes and Balance
    Control Wizard

Why they want to destroy this class completely?
    Like was something important this change you was losing more things to able to keep both rimefire and smolder than to ignore it and play your game.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Thank you so much for this great build (er i mean guide :) ) would it be possible to add a "last edited" in the document please
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    @thefabricant did you happen to find a range for the possible base ap gain of conduit of ice and disintegrate when you were testing?

I know it's listed as random, but I'm curious if it's random within a certain range or just completely random.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    dairyzeus said:

@thefabricant did you happen to find a range for the possible base ap gain of conduit of ice and disintegrate when you were testing?

I know it's listed as random, but I'm curious if it's random within a certain range or just completely random.

Both of them have a variance of 10%, with the middle of the range being 3.2% for disintegrate and 5.2% for conduit of ice. This is the base value, before ap gain is applied.

dairyzeus said:

Both of them have a variance of 10%, with the middle of the range being 3.2% for disintegrate and 5.2% for conduit of ice. This is the base value, before ap gain is applied.
    Thank you
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @thefabricant have you tested the new artifact from mod 13 if it's any good for dps vs what we have now?

@thefabricant have you tested the new artifact from mod 13 if it's any good for dps vs what we have now?

@trzebiat#2067 I have not tested it yet, no, sorry :(
    The tooltip for controlled momentum says it's a 5% buff, but your mechanics sheet has it listed as 10%. I'm guessing it's a case of classic neverwinter tooltips, but wanted to be sure.
    dairyzeus said:

The tooltip for controlled momentum says it's a 5% buff, but your mechanics sheet has it listed as 10%. I'm guessing it's a case of classic neverwinter tooltips, but wanted to be sure.

Yes @dairyzeus it is a case of cryptic tooltips.
  • kyriahnkyriahn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Not quite sure I understand the weapons enchant part...how does one get to 50% CAB?
    edited February 2018
    kyriahn said:

Not quite sure I understand the weapons enchant part...how does one get to 50% CAB?

@kyriahn as follows:

To achieve 50% CA bonus:
    15% base
    ~16% attribute
    ~10% from CA bonus statistic
    5% from Combatant's Maneuver
    Drow ambush tactics

(0.15+0.16+0.1+0.05)*1.1=0.506
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    @thefabricant thx again for your work here, going to study that coming weekend and then rebuild my PMS.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    What the skills melee power and ranged power? for CW.

The question is because of this

https://ibb.co/eV2psn

• ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    What skills are considered Ranged Powers, Melee Powers.
    the question is because - Eyestalk Wraper 3% to Ranged Powers. It's a good choice for CW? Disintegration and Ice knife etc,
    that in addition to the obvious skills?

will it Eyestalk Wraper stacks with Uper Primal Paints 3% Daily Powers for Ice knife?
    Post edited by ruslan1404#8974 on
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

the question is because - Eyestalk Wraper 3% to Ranged Powers. It's a good choice for CW? Disintegration and Ice knife etc,

will it Eyestalk Wraper stacks with Uper Primal Paints 3% Daily Powers for Ice knife?

Eyestalk Wraper should be BiS depending if its working with all the "range powers" sudden storm, icey knife,desigrate, chill strike, at-wills, ray, etc. And It might also work on the spellstorm that procs off range powers but not sure thought since I don't have the Eyestalk Wraper yet to test it. Would be nice if anyone who has that to test it and let us know.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    itbls said:

Eyestalk Wraper should be BiS depending if its working with all the "range powers" sudden storm, icey knife,desigrate, chill strike, at-wills, ray, etc. And It might also work on the spellstorm that procs off range powers but not sure thought since I don't have the Eyestalk Wraper yet to test it. Would be nice if anyone who has that to test it and let us know.
    which trophy does that come from? Is that a *, ** or *** lure?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

itbls said:

which trophy does that come from? Is that a *, ** or *** lure?
    It drops from Erjellel, the "Soul in a Jar" t2 lure.
  • eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Eyestalk Wrappers don't work on SS, CoI, IT or ST.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    eldritchx said:

Eyestalk Wrappers don't work on SS, CoI, IT or ST.

For people wondering about the inverse:

The Fured Kino DOES NOT WORK with Steal Time, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm, Conduit of Ice, Ice Knife, Disintegrate, Scorching Burst, and Smolder.

(Note: I didn't check Fanning the Flames or Furious Immolation, but MoF is not a real DPS path anyways :wink:).

Steal Time:

Icy Terrain:

Sudden Storm:

CoI (Mastery, since only a fool uses CoI off Mastery on a DPS build):

Disintegrate:

Ice Knife:

Scorching Burst:

Smolder:

HIlariously, Oppressive Force and any Storm Spell procs off of Oppressive Force work with the Kino.

OF:

Storm Spell on OF:

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I wish Cryptic was less cryptic about all this.

So, I can actually use that ugly armor for the time being :) Oppressive Force targets the player, basically, given how close it is.

Question is - does it proc on the black sheep Maelstrom of Chaos? I think it should. Perhaps it should also proc on Shard of Avalanche.

Does this also mean that STR increases OF damage? :)
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
This discussion has been closed.