test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You fixed the dinos' aggro range!

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
Damn I knew something was missing from my Shoshenstar River experience, not getting knocked down every five seconds by the Great Leap of Knockdown just because there were a couple of dinos vaguely in the vicinity.
Thanks guys
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    rjc9000 said:

The jungles have learned to fear adventurers ;)

You sure it isn't the stench from the dwarves and Dragonborn?

I swear, they smell like the a 10 year old sewer...
    omg omg pls don't say such things about our friends! it's sheer discrimination... yes! "stinking dwarf tavern" made our dwarf brothers sad for dozens of years and now they sit there gloomily and drink a few pints, just in spite.

... otherwise, sounds like a very nice innovation! though ... ehem... to start that jungle now with alts feels a bit... steep. rescue templars and scouts for ever! :#
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

Never fear though, as soon as you fight something your fire archon will go 2 screens away to go and get 4 or 5 more groups.

No Archon so... Though my Lillend seems quite capable of "making friends" this way too :P
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    i even get the impression companions are more "outgoing" since mod 13... could that be?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    I don't know why my Con Artist is always in combat mode in Bryn Shander (no bad guy around him) while my OP is not. I guess this Con Artist is just a very nervous guy in cold.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Around areas like HoC, it's a pretty challenging, yet efficient way, to complete the templar quest because your pet brings mobs from half the area to you.
  • I did notice the pet wandering off to attack some more -non agreed yet- snake people while i was looting the first group. Not so scary on my templock but... I think some less lifestealy toons might have trouble with that. ;)
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2018

I don't know why my Con Artist is always in combat mode in Bryn Shander (no bad guy around him) while my OP is not. I guess this Con Artist is just a very nervous guy in cold.

He's probably on the look out for creditors. And wrt to the decreased Dino aggro range, Its not surprising since we've slaughtered them by the thousands. Think about it...whole herds of dinos in the dead book, with no one to mourn their passing but Volo and a couple of undergeared Lvl 70s who wanted to 'test their mettle' against the predators in Chult. Oh well, it IS appreciated however.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I really wanted to make a joke about companions now having a higher charisma score so they go out seeking friends in the jungle but stat jokes don't work as well in a game that actually has stats!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

The jungles have learned to fear adventurers ;)

The jungle is wise. I have at least a dozen spare powries in the bank and I was prepared to go full redcap on those overgrown lizards.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    ilmenira said:

i even get the impression companions are more "outgoing" since mod 13... could that be?

+1 My Sellsword isn't asking "Why aren't we fighting yet?" anymore. She's on to the next screen full of mobs.... I think something has changed.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

ilmenira said:

+1 My Sellsword isn't asking "Why aren't we fighting yet?" anymore. She's on to the next screen full of mobs.... I think something has changed.
    I guess she finally got what she has been asking for or she finally got the slogan from Nike.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    On my GF, I switch back to her stone when doing Chult quest. She has no trouble doing the quests and more importantly, the stone doesn't chase after Raptor Riders into other mobs:) Stones are cold and callous, they don't need friends:)
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead