test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: M13 Scourge Warlock Changes

Comments

• protagonist#9334 protagonist Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Why not make Dark Revelry power buff be based on buffed power instead of base power? Quick and simple (albeit dirty) buff for the sw, but would make templocks significantly more viable.
  • espasbadfistespasbadfist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User

Why not make Dark Revelry power buff be based on buffed power instead of base power? Quick and simple (albeit dirty) buff for the sw, but would make templocks significantly more viable.

My impression after reading several posts on this thread and probably some others is that the whole power share/buffing feats seem to be more a part of a problem this game has than part of a solution that makes this game more diverse and challenging. I think playing around with buffing on power that has already been buffed may open another can of worms because this may end up in complex interactions that finally do not work as intended. If you want to provide the templock with more buffing one should probably do it where it is simple, clear and easily to adjust. Looking on the new module this would probably be the amount of bonus damage that is provided by warlock's curse from the capstone.

I still think that Infernal Wrath would be better placed in the Temptation tree than the Fury tree and i really would suggest to put Dark Revelry in the Fury tree instead and make it exclusive for the Warlock instead of buffing the whole group. If done this way it probably should buff the buffed power to compensate for the lost of buffed power from the companion with bondings.

Currently if you want to get infernal wrath for a templock you have to sacrifice power of the nine hells. I am sure that PoP will be in the rotation of any hellbringer because it is so powerfull and i don't think that it is a good idea to lose the mobility that you get from po9h.

Let's see what would happen if i am using my current templock rotation. I use PoP, BoVA and DT togehter with ACC. Shadow slip into the mobs, fire PoP and BoVA then dish out some Warlock's Curse and fire DT and try to find the right angle to hit most of the mobs.

There would be three targets that take 25% extra damage from capstone and infernal wrath together.
    The rest of the targets would at least get 5% extra damage from infernal wrath.
    On top of that comes at least 15% (more likely 20% - does anyone has the correct number?) damage buff from DT and perhaps some extra buff from PoP.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I think our role is leader in second place, wich will be the first role in mod 13 somehow
    I personally would welcome an option to heal in between fights, might be an encounter to slot. Atm there are only few fights like Nostura where I definitely miss that option (maybe Hati too). Did I forget other encounter/bossfights?
    In the end my templock is a striker with healing abilities atm and low mititgation tools.
    A Templock queuing as a leader could be an option. All we gonna have in mod 13 is a supporterrole BESIDE a DC, OP, GF.
    Templock will be viable but not an "indispensable class" in any dungeon.
    Most time there is a tank and a "real" leader in need to absolve any epic random queue and any of those dungeons called FBI, mSP, mSVA, Tong.
    Templock is a good option beside GF/rene mof, that´s all.
    @balanced#2849 Maybe Templock will be set in the upcoming meta, like DC, DC, OP, temp, dps or Temp, AC, OP, GF/mof dps, but we should not forget this does not solve the actual fact being NO viable striker and NO viable leader in the end.
    A role is not only defined by the buffs a class can spend, there needs to be tools to be a comeptetive leader and there also needs to be tools to be a viable striker (main role). A classfeature might be a simple and short fix/buff, like Destroyers Purpose for GWF wich is a 42%+ dps stacked at max and feated !
    We lack in both of it, a simple buff to a capstone does not solve anything

Honestly I hate that double DC meta, I play that class myself but I really can´t understand why one class should be essential in every run I do without having any option to chose and atm this class is set in stone two times in every fkn dungeon.
    I really would appreciate a way to chose out of more classes/builds to setup a competetive group, that´s what cryptic should work on and in my case they should hurry up, otherwise this game is pretty flavorless to me.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2018

As a response to a post up above, somewhere...
    Sure Strike was hitting 750k, and daggers 350k? HAMSTER. Daggers hit much harder than sure strike, even with executioner's style. Also, unless he was running vorpal/fey with a really good buff group, I doubt he'd hit 750k SS.

As below and as you can see no fey or vorpal. Was just a normal group as well.

edited February 2018

As a response to a post up above, somewhere...
    Sure Strike was hitting 750k, and daggers 350k? HAMSTER. Daggers hit much harder than sure strike, even with executioner's style. Also, unless he was running vorpal/fey with a really good buff group, I doubt he'd hit 750k SS.

As below and as you can see no fey or vorpal. Was just a normal group as well.

Hm, what is this about?
    Here a mediocre buffrun with a low performing GWF, Sure Strike up to 1,67 mio, Hidden Daggers up to 1,764 mio
    A good performing GWF in a good setup deals up to 5 times that damage -> Sure Strike/Daggers up to 7mio +
    But that´s not about warlock class?

• darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The GWF its have many encounters selfbuff and sw have just pilar of power i hope after mod 13 @balanced#2849 considere increase damage dealt all enconters for compense that or include some effect selfbuff on some encounters also solve especific problems each path have otherwise SW wil be forced fill slot for support forever
    Post edited by darkan#3756 on
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Something for the Devs to think about in the future. They say they want to lower the need for a two DC team . I think this would help. Looking under the Feats for the DC they have a skill called Cleanse. To remove damage Over Time Effect. 10/20/30%. Adding such a Feat idea to a SW that is the master of curse would seem to be a good fit. Being we are about giving damage over time .Having the ability to remove that from team members should be in our skill set also.
    Post edited by hawkeyel on
    Hello @balanced#2849
    probably you have very much to do with the release of mod 13 tomorrow. Nevertheless i would like to kindly ask you if you could give as an outlook of how you plan to proceed further. Or at least could you give us a date from when on we can expect some statements from your side?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Dreadtheft is supposed to proc enchants with every tic, but there are some unexpected behaviours occurring.

I only tested with Trans Feytouched and Trans Lightning, but both have an unexpected proc for 0 damage (see logs below),
    and this proc for Feytouched seems to replace its damage on the procs other than initial cast entirely.

All testing just a single cast of DT vs the right middle dummy in Stronghold.

Typical tic with Lightning:
    [18:24] [Combat (Self)] Your Dreadtheft deals 3458 (3293) Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [18:24] [Combat (Self)] Your Lightning Weapon gives 0 Lightning Damage to Target Dummy.
    [18:24] [Combat (Self)] Your Lightning Arc deals 903 (860) Lightning Damage to Target Dummy.
    [18:24] [Combat (Self)] Your Lightning Arc deals 1042 (992) Lightning Damage to Target Dummy.
    [18:24] [Combat (Self)] Your Lightning Arc deals 929 (885) Lightning Damage to Target Dummy.

Initial Cast with Feytouched:
    [18:25] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Dreadtheft deals 6739 (6418) Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [18:25] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Feytouched Weapon deals 857 (817) Psychic Damage to Target Dummy.

First tic from the above initial cast:
    [18:25] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Dreadtheft deals 9740 (7508) Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [18:25] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Feytouched Weapon gives 0 Psychic Damage to Target Dummy.

That's a pretty big loss of damage from Feytouched right there!

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    I tested what @obsidiancran3 mentioned above with both plague and terror. From my ACT log, which I believe ignores the 0 damage ticks, Terror only procced once over the total duration of Dreadthefts 12 ticks. On Plague fire the 0 ticks at least keeps debuff up, so the burning effect from it ticks during the duration of dreadtheft, but also only one initial damage tick from dreadtheft.

This is very important for the damage potential of Dreadtheft, and hope that if not already fixed for the mod 13 build hitting live in a couple hours, I hope this will be fixed in the upcoming maintenance.
    edited February 2018
    At page 21 I posted several encounter synergies with WE.
    Only Plague and Flaming multiproc , not sure if it's the DOt only

At page 21 I posted several encounter synergies with WE.

Only Plague and Flaming multiproc , not sure if it's the DOt only

They don't really multiproc, the 0 proc keeps the burning effect up, so they keep ticking with the burning only.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Wow, several months later and people have only started to understand why I kept pushing for at-will/encounter damage buffs and casting time reductions, and Damnation suggestions are still meh because people apparently can't take the time to actually play the spec and determine its strengths (burst damage spec, HAH!).

@balanced#2849
    Bugs aside Damnation changes look fine so far (multiple indirect buffs, like Dreadtheft is already a Damnation mainstay because it buffs the puppet) although it was painful to watch you put the freaking capstone buff under general Scourge Warlock changes instead of under Damnation (Oh and look, none of the SW-SJWs even noticed. Yay.)
    Overall the direction of the changes is acceptable but more changes are needed for the spec to really be viable.
    Damnation SHOULD NOT be the direct damage spec. I'm going to be blunt with you - the effort and calculations required to turn a summoner archetype character into a ballpark "balanced" direct damage spec is ENORMOUS and there are 5+ year old SINGLE PLAYER ARPGs who are STILL trying to figure out the "sweet spot" for that one. There are simply too many variables to consider.
    Also Fury is already obviously the damage spec. From a purely objective standpoint I'm not sure why you'd want to steal what makes that path unique, though as a Damnation player I'm honestly very tempted to say "...sure, what the heck."
    Anyway in lieu of that (and as I already pointed out months ago), why not focus on what makes Damnation unique? Seriously, it's the ONLY paragon path in a game with 24 paragon paths that has a unique summon AND it's already set to get more powerful as combat progresses (really, it's like serendipity).
    Ultimately what a summoner brings to the table is utility, which is why I pushed for making Damnation into the hybrid DPS/buff path and/or the long-term DPS path with utility (because I assumed that you'd be buffing Fury aka the damage spec to the level of popular DPS classes). Essentially the former turns Damnation into the "rage" spec, and I don't see the problem with that because people don't pick Damnation to top damage charts in groups with endgame/skilled DPSers (besides, that's already how Fury is being advertised) outside of some freak Murphy's Law incident. Obviously all bets are off if Damnation ever gets to "rage" mode, but in the meantime I'm fine with being a hybrid DPS/buff... because I would like to assume that that's the direction you're going to be taking for changes to warlock at-will/encounter/daily powers in some future Scourge Warlock update mod (otherwise we're basically just playing another Great Weapon Fighter with different animations, which begs the question of why the supposed leader/striker SW class exists in the first place).
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
    edited February 2018
    tyrtallow said:

Wow, several months later and people have only started to understand why I kept pushing for at-will/encounter damage buffs and casting time reductions, and Damnation suggestions are still meh because people apparently can't take the time to actually play the spec and determine its strengths (burst damage spec, HAH!).

@balanced#2849
    Bugs aside Damnation changes look fine so far (multiple indirect buffs, like Dreadtheft is already a Damnation mainstay because it buffs the puppet) although it was painful to watch you put the freaking capstone buff under general Scourge Warlock changes instead of under Damnation (Oh and look, none of the SW-SJWs even noticed. Yay.)
    Overall the direction of the changes is acceptable but more changes are needed for the spec to really be viable.
    Damnation SHOULD NOT be the direct damage spec. I'm going to be blunt with you - the effort and calculations required to turn a summoner archetype character into a ballpark "balanced" direct damage spec is ENORMOUS and there are 5+ year old SINGLE PLAYER ARPGs who are STILL trying to figure out the "sweet spot" for that one. There are simply too many variables to consider.
    Also Fury is already obviously the damage spec. From a purely objective standpoint I'm not sure why you'd want to steal what makes that path unique, though as a Damnation player I'm honestly very tempted to say "...sure, what the heck."
    Anyway in lieu of that (and as I already pointed out months ago), why not focus on what makes Damnation unique? Seriously, it's the ONLY paragon path in a game with 24 paragon paths that has a unique summon AND it's already set to get more powerful as combat progresses (really, it's like serendipity).
    Ultimately what a summoner brings to the table is utility, which is why I pushed for making Damnation into the hybrid DPS/buff path and/or the long-term DPS path with utility (because I assumed that you'd be buffing Fury aka the damage spec to the level of popular DPS classes). Essentially the former turns Damnation into the "rage" spec, and I don't see the problem with that because people don't pick Damnation to top damage charts in groups with endgame/skilled DPSers (besides, that's already how Fury is being advertised) outside of some freak Murphy's Law incident. Obviously all bets are off if Damnation ever gets to "rage" mode, but in the meantime I'm fine with being a hybrid DPS/buff... because I would like to assume that that's the direction you're going to be taking for changes to warlock at-will/encounter/daily powers in some future Scourge Warlock update mod (otherwise we're basically just playing another Great Weapon Fighter with different animations, which begs the question of why the supposed leader/striker SW class exists in the first place).

Several month later and you obviously only started to understand that the hole thing was never ment to be a rework of the class.
    There are a lot of bugs and not working stuff all arround the actual changes.
    You were free to give response instead of dropping in and insulting player.
    NWO= rocketscience , only one forummember decrypted that code til now....
    From my pov this all can´t be taken that serious, knowing there is no intention to rework or balance stuff in time.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Wow, your reading comprehension skills are an even bigger joke than I thought. I would have thought that my suggestions were so obviously geared toward long-term changes - all my posts in this thread so far have focused on growth, changing the direct the class was going and implementing short-term low cost/low effort "band aid" changes in the meantime.
    OMG - maybe I wasn't being obvious enough that I was thinking about the class in the long run. /sarcasm

Meanwhile apparently most of you other folks (oh hi @jaime4312) were too busy about about class buffs and support mechanic stacking metas the devs said they were going to change anyway (and the changes have started), were too stubborn to accept the meta that was right in front of you (how's that working out, btw? Oh right, you're now pushing the same changes I did, silly me) or were too busy arguing about the ACT performance of low-mid level feats and individual powers.
    And you're actually implying that *I* was the one too busy thinking about short-term results? Oooh the hypocrisy is strong in you.

Oh I'm pretty sure I'm in a great position to throw insults considering how things have turned out. People NEED to be on the same page about how the SW changes are going to go - that's the only way the devs are going to take this more seriously - and the fact that for all your arguments you ended up pushing for similar changes I did (except for Damnation and a certain someone's suggestion about it in particular, it's obvious someone doesn't even know how to play the spec properly) should at least be taken as a unifying factor for SW players who want change. At this point I don't really about you people anymore, but there's a new generation of SW players to worry about.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
    edited February 2018
    @schietindebux I do not think it is necessary to respond to such idiotic posts as the insults @tyrtallow posted above. He may post his unimportant insults to make himself feel better, but they really are for no good, and discussing with him probably is for no good either. Enough said.
    well so far nobody try give spot to dps sw wich choose damnation for that and suppos them justice decide because not changes essential issues that path wich are main problems for make damnation more viable i still try make a party like a dps sw but seems if even take fury still need NEED BE HIGHT IL for fill slot dps while hr and GWF can do if even 14k IL
    edited March 2018
    howw what is Bloody death ?? this Log was take in a TONG run just for know how much can strike puppet with a médium buffs seems damage was increased more proportionalty but spirit fire still broke Critical Promise max Hit was 46499 while Spirit Fire was 16118 and correctme if im mistake i understood spirit fire its affect by wrathful souls and burning puppet also powers/buff and still yet at max stacks soul investure max hit Spirit Fire was inferior than critical promise and suppos critical promise its 40% weapon damage vs spirit fire 75% weapon damage not ist necesary mention my dps was far reach dps GWF in that run really need fix spirit fire for damnlocks can close others class dps
    https://imgur.com/1J8OvgG
    @etelgrin i put for example the GWF because was dps have in that run i meaning the damnloks at moment dealt less damage than any other strikers include fury sw but not are unviable for all i test with solo dps in TONG and can make it but seems happen to fury in the mod before this need more IL while now fury have exelent work like dps with less IL. the unperformed features mention its true make damnation bad dps but at least its funtional and maybe cannot close dps others class just for fix spirit fire but defenytly do more viable dps with less IL the lack in dps alredy have part come from delay speed move and some times stuck soul puppet but in bosess that its no matter than unperformed others outgoing dps features like spirit fire
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I am still very much hoping for some more feed back from @balanced@2849. On things like Increasing the activation/speed of the attack animation. And more general ideas like I gave on page 16 and 28 .

Fury - Fire Mage . An effect to increase all Fire damage 30%.
    Damnation - Death Mage . An effect to increase all Necrotic damage 30%.
    Temptation - Life Mage . An effect like cleanse to remove 30% damage over time.
    While these are just general ideas. Would like to see just what he has in mind moving forward.
    Very much wish to thank him and the others for what has been done to date on the October bugs fix section as well..
    Post edited by hawkeyel on
  • duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    hawkeyel said:

I am still very much hoping for some more feed back from @balanced@2849. On things like Increasing the activation/speed of the attack animation. And more general ideas like I gave on page 16 and 28.
    Would like to see just what he has in mind moving forward.

Hope not fools!
    « Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate » = « Abandon all hope, ye who enter here »

They haven't any master plan for reworking/balancing anything. Especially as they released the current mod13 content with obviously bugged things. Even if those are small competitivity-wise those are visible and add a bad finished feeling to an already intended underperforming rework.

I'm wondering if I should really respec given this unfinished state making me fear an omnious divine retribution of blind fixes dooming my priceless soul=token to the depths of the 9!

hawkeyel said:

Fury - Fire Mage . An effect to increase all Fire damage 30%.
    Damnation - Death Mage . An effect to increase all Necrotic damage 30%.
    Temptation - Life Mage . An effect like cleanse to remove 30% damage over time.

Copy/Past from other classes, then classes are perfectly balanced, no? B)
    ( For names you can look at the D&D mechanics and lore ^^ Not that I care much too. )
    Hello @balanced#2849 . Can it be that pillar of power puts a lesser curse on a target even if all consuming curse should not be active. Yesterday i was playing around and replaced ACC with no pity no mercy. Other passive power was flames of empowerment. I noticed that targets got lesser curse on them after they were hit by PoP. Full fury build, nothing else set that should give lesser curse. Is this only a glitch because i had slotted ACC before or does this work like intended (which would be nice because of creeping death ^^).
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

dark revelry would be too overpowered due to paladin and dc power share in a group content.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    hello @balanced#2849

Critical Promise and Daughter's Promise are worthless, it still not doing damage
    its damage less than Stronghold's Runes. But anyway it required for Fury tree.

for getting Dark Revelry you also need to chose too damageless feats. And there also no alternatives.
    Vengeful Curse and Compounded Curse are also worthless. 10% Lesser curse chance? 5% HP? Do not kidding, 5% HP its only about 5-10k TempHP its USELESS.

Ok. Soulbinder. it's damage still extremely low. You should up Damage bonuse from SoulSparks and make it gathering more playable. I wrote already wrote about this problem.

Personal Feats of Soulbinder is a distress. they are too weak. 'Soulbinder' - what the f... is this? Immortal Spirits can't even strike to your chosen enemy. I LOOKED. in the mass fight they DO NOT attack the mob you fight with. (i donno how they chose the enamy but its very stuped). There should be somebuff for you or your puppet. Real damage buff. like WoW!

Damage and Buffs are all in one paragon. Please, do something with it. SB worst even if HB will buff him. (I used).
    About 12-15kk damage from Gates against 3-5kk of SS. (maybe other SW will have anothe resultes but its still such way)

Next. SW fury + SW Temptation = 0.
    Hah. Templock can buff any other DPS but not other SW.
    Other DPS - Revelry, PoP, Dreadtheft, Despair and templock's Curse.
    but with SW its only a Aura of Despair buff.

Templock's Curse do not give its buff to Warlock. Its the same Curse as I understand. and this is a big fail. Don't you even consider us as a DPS??

SHOULD WE WAIT ANOTHER 6 MONTHS FOR CHANGES???
    OR WHEN SW WILL BE A FULL-FLEDGED CHARACTER?

@mimicking#6533 @nitocris83
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User

... Compounded Curse ... 5% HP? Do not kidding, 5% HP its only about 5-10k Temp HP its USELESS.

Tempoary HP IS GREAT!
    It's a TRUE protection that Templock Capstone overflow of heal CAN'T provide!

The provided 5% may prove to not be enough for your game level/contexte.
    However for low level or mid level with a spaming build, I find it quite decent (easily eating 3k dps).

Therefore the way to go should be making it more scalable.

PS : Also it make a boost to put the Templock first healer in statistics ^^

Templock can buff any other DPS but not other SW.

If it's true, that's indeed a problem!
    (Hopefully SW are few in numbers.)
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Well the changes did push the sw in the right direction. Buffing as templock viable and the dps from fury also seems pretty good to me (not gwf lvl but who cares).

Im having fun again playing my sw thanks to @balanced#2849

The PoP change is pretty nice. Im faster on mobs but havent tested out templock yet. I look forward to that :)
This discussion has been closed.