OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Masterwork Professions Vol. IV & V

123457»

Comments

• midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    ty krasensilver
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    adinosii said:

You are missing the point of the bonus. This is a set for support characters. It makes perfect sense in group content, where a 2% bonus for the entire team is more valuable than a 10% bonus for yourself.

True, the set is not ideal in solo play, but hey...solo content is (too) easy anyhow.

We both agree that 2% is not enough for DPS classes.

Now imagine being a support. You have two options:
    • Keep your current MW2 set for 2% party bonus.
    • Spend ~6mil AD for MW3 set for 2% party bonus.
    You're saying that's a good choice they are offering?
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    @asterdahl so? Are you guys going to fix the mess you did on masterworks or not? Just to know if we have to continue investing time and resources on crafting or just leave that new trash. Thx
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2018

adinosii said:

You are missing the point of the bonus. This is a set for support characters. It makes perfect sense in group content, where a 2% bonus for the entire team is more valuable than a 10% bonus for yourself.

True, the set is not ideal in solo play, but hey...solo content is (too) easy anyhow.

We both agree that 2% is not enough for DPS classes.

Now imagine being a support. You have two options:
    • Keep your current MW2 set for 2% party bonus.
    • Spend ~6mil AD for MW3 set for 2% party bonus.
    You're saying that's a good choice they are offering?
    Basic fix, the new mastercraft weapon set could provide:
    - 8% personal damage boost + 2% party bonus (same as MCII)

-or 8% bonus for the first weapon of the party (regardless if in party or not), then 2% for each additional weapon set

Thus, this set will be appealing for every class

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Basic fix, the new mastercraft weapon set could provide:
    - 8% personal damage boost + 2% party bonus (same as MCII)

-or 8% bonus for the first weapon of the party (regardless if in party or not), then 2% for each additional weapon set

Thus, this set will be appealing for every class

That could work, however I doubt they will change anything at this point with release being a week away. Masterwork remains a useless moneysink.
  • krasensilverkrasensilver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    I wont mess with artificing and weaponsmith unless someone want to pay couple mils of ad to lose dmg. Nice system
    another patch out and masterworks still have those stupid bonuses, awesome
    edited March 2018
    Masterwork Professions

The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for the Brightsilver Symbol:
    The amount of fartouched residuum needed has been reduced from 5 to 1.
    The number of brightsilver ingots needed has been reduced from 5 to 3.
    The number of rubellites needed has been increased from 1 to 3.
    The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for Fartouched Pact Blade:
    The amount of manticore felt needed has been reduced from 2 to 1.
    The requirement of 2 titansteel ingots has been adjusted to 2 brightsilver ingots.
    The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for Fartouched Orb:
    The amount of scintillant glass needed has been reduced from 4 to 2.
    In accordance with these changes, the number and type of items returned in the case of a failure for these recipes has been adjusted.

This is for crafting OLD weapons or the new ones? Because i'm on XBOX and i would like to understand if it is better to wait new mod to prepare masterworks or i can prepare now them to start very fast.

ty
  • texy1texy1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User

Masterwork Professions

The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for the Brightsilver Symbol:
    The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for Fartouched Pact Blade:
    The requirement of 2 titansteel ingots has been adjusted to 2 brightsilver ingots.
    In accordance with these changes, the number and type of items returned in the case of a failure for these recipes has been adjusted.

This is for crafting OLD weapons or the new ones? Because i'm on XBOX and i would like to understand if it is better to wait new mod to prepare masterworks or i can prepare now them to start very fast.

ty

They are for the old MW2 weapons
  • hayati0909hayati0909 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why artificing mw5 is more different than other profession.. It is needed balance.
    How can I find 50+ fartouched residuum + gold wire + brightsilver ingot or 1000+ lakh resin?
    EvaneScane - CW
    Amaterasu - DC

Why artificing mw5 is more different than other profession.. It is needed balance.
    How can I find 50+ fartouched residuum + gold wire + brightsilver ingot or 1000+ lakh resin?

you're doing something wrong
  • hayati0909hayati0909 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @lucislator said:
    > Why artificing mw5 is more different than other profession.. It is needed balance.
    > How can I find 50+ fartouched residuum + gold wire + brightsilver ingot or 1000+ lakh resin?
    >
    > you're doing something wrong

I dont spend time for artificing.
    EvaneScane - CW
    Amaterasu - DC
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    We're another week in the new module. Some prices start to settle. So..could the craft cost for some items be looked into? I do realize it wasn't meant to be cheap and I prepared around 10 mil for DC masterwork set. Main hand already sells for stable price around 4,2 mil. Offhand..just doesn't exist in the game yet. The sheer cost of crafting it is insane (I heard about 8 mil with 75% chance..at different phases) without counting profit and depreciation cost. I don't believe it will fall a lot - because some ingredients are quite rare (like Allosaur Fang).
    texy1 said:

Masterwork Professions

ty

Ty for answer, but are you sure? Because no one of them now on xbox has that starting quantity, for example Brightsilver Sybol now doesen't need 5 fartouched residuum but only 2....... i don't understand....
    edited March 2018

texy1 said:

Masterwork Professions

ty

Ty for answer, but are you sure? Because no one of them now on xbox has that starting quantity, for example Brightsilver Sybol now doesen't need 5 fartouched residuum but only 2....... i don't understand....
    yep, I'm sure. Look at the names of the materials. They correspond with the names of the MW2 equipment crafted.
    The amount of materials required was reduced recently (with the release of M13 I believe) as those items crafted by MW2 became reagents to progress to MW3, and as such were too expensive to produce *for those tasks to progress Masterwork* (essentially crafting the items only for them to be "destroyed or lost" in the quest chain).

[EDIT]
    Also, materials costs were put more in-line with equivalent other MW2 recipes

Stuff is probably different on XBox, but for PC that's what happened.
    Post edited by texy1 on
    edited March 2018
    double post. sry >.>
    Post edited by texy1 on
    ok ty vm
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User

We're another week in the new module. Some prices start to settle. So..could the craft cost for some items be looked into? I do realize it wasn't meant to be cheap and I prepared around 10 mil for DC masterwork set. Main hand already sells for stable price around 4,2 mil. Offhand..just doesn't exist in the game yet. The sheer cost of crafting it is insane (I heard about 8 mil with 75% chance..at different phases) without counting profit and depreciation cost. I don't believe it will fall a lot - because some ingredients are quite rare (like Allosaur Fang).

There is definitely a problem with the gear made with allosaur fangs: this gear requires 24 fangs.
    Considering the size of the Soshenstar map, the delay between each spawn of allosaurs, and the rarity of drops, this gear should require twice less fangs.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Masterwork is broken for me:

I already have masterwork III in 5 out of 8 professions - but not Leatherworking (working on that), Weaponsmithing or Platesmithing.

Now, I wanted to get the Masterwork IV/V recipes, but I ran into a very strange problem

On Preview everything was fine - I got offered the quests to get the Masterwork IV recipes in Alchemy, Artificing, Jewelcrafting, Mailsmithing and Tailoring - just as I expected.

On Live, however, I got something else. I got offered the quests to get Masterwork IV in Alchemy, Artificing, Mailsmithing, Tailoring and Weaponsmithing.

This is odd. I do not qualify for Weaponsmithing IV (as I only have Weaponsmithing II), but I got that instead of Jewelcrafting IV (which I would have qualified for)

This is a big problem for me, as Jewelcrafting IV is what I really wanted.

Any solution?

Hoping for improvements...
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2018

If there is a new SH weapon set for CW and it costs 3x more than other classes for some obscure reason as has been the trend for the past 2 series of masterwork gear, some tables will be flipped. Can you please be reasonable when it comes to the costing of items, it is ridiculous that the CW class is unfairly (yes unfairly) discriminated against arbitrarily when it comes to the reagents required to make these sets.

Devs response: "MW 2 Gear too expensive? Hold my beer."
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

If there is a new SH weapon set for CW and it costs 3x more than other classes for some obscure reason as has been the trend for the past 2 series of masterwork gear, some tables will be flipped. Can you please be reasonable when it comes to the costing of items, it is ridiculous that the CW class is unfairly (yes unfairly) discriminated against arbitrarily when it comes to the reagents required to make these sets.

Devs response: "MW 2 Gear too expensive? Hold my beer."
    I'm at point where I consider either buying 4k power mount or new DC set and legendary mount is cheaper :/
  • crustoffcrustoff Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Dead?