test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Launch Week Bugs

Comments

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Just wanted to update you devs, that I still have no weapons. I tried to play in Omu, but guess what? I died. Who would suspect that I need my weapons to use powers. Weird.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Some kind of bug with Lost Idols, it says I've reached the cap but the counter says that I haven't. I feel cheated :(

There are 3 limits:

Main limit which is shown in the weekly haul
    Chultan Tiger which is limited to a max of 18 a week
    Bonus idols that come from places like hunts which is limited to 25 a week

Was the source of that message either the Tiger or Bonus currencies?
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User

The overflow was reduced down to 100,000 XP, but the XP rewards for killing creatures and completing quests at level 70 was also reduced with our work to fix the 60-70 leveling curve.

It is not 17x faster now.

Whilst I was thinking that when reading zerrapus's post, I would still however say that 100,000 is far too low.

As a player I just noodle around on my main for a couple of hours a day, doing a few dailies, invoking, and a couple of rounds of leadership tasks. Prior to the patch I would ding my overflow about once a week doing this. Since Tuesday though, it has been once a day - and that's not even using the 5 x 5000xp books you often get as a reward.

I would suggest that the overflow experience be raised to at least 500,000, and then evaluate how quickly players are getting through that amount and adjust accordingly (my personal view is that 750,000 would be the 'sweet spot' - but 'my personal view' is not an entirely scientific process!).

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I was entirely shocked to see such a beautiful collections page on MIMIC or PREVIEW for the first time ever a few weeks ago! But on launch of Omu was entirely shocked the collections page had not updated? Also yesterday when I logged in to PREVIEW it was gone there as well?

--MOD 13 as you scroll right in collections the white highlighted name shifts right to eventually not be seen.

The previous collection page which I last saw about a week prior to Omu had looked completely amazing! It kept the name in the center & highlighted, and even reduced the height of the field where the names are, so we could see more of the items below, while still easily identifying those above. <3

HOPE Collections Page FIX is again implemented soon; this has been a long outstanding issue for 2-3 years! Although there are apparently some other more important promised fixes, like to players powers that is likely occupying the vast majority of the time, which is understandably appropriate.

So I'll try to be patient as we all know your likely working very hard - like after all MODs. o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • xhoboshxhobosh Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Companion is going from summoned to active at random moments. Not so bad if you're not in a fight but nothing you can do to re-summon if you're in combat.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Freshly picked insignia got marked as "part of the loadout" while it never has been used and was only sitting in my bag.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Freshly picked insignia got marked as "part of the loadout" while it never has been used and was only sitting in my bag.

You have the identical insignia on the mount in your another loadout. Yes, it is very confusing and took me a while to figure that out. i.e. you have just picked up a character bound green insignia of AAA and there is a character bound green insignia of AAA already in your mount in another loadout.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Same issue with the Pilgrim weapons that others are experiencing. They keep you locked in combat well outside of aggro range. You can't collect items or mount until you run far away or kill everything in the area. And it's not zone specific either. It happens everywhere. Please fix this!
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    There is a 2X refining stones event next week, people usually spend most of their TONG keys durring these events. If the chest is still bugged by then, loads of people are in for a nasty suprise. Devs, please fix the TONG chest loot bug ASAP.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    edited March 2018
    macjae said:

zerappus said:

@nitocris83

The level 70 XP is too high. This has been brought up as early as January 13, on botting concerns with the 30,000AD XP
    overflow rewards.

Old 70 overflow XP gain = XP / 1,750,000 XP

New 70 overflow XP gain = XP / 100,000 XP

That means gain is currently 17x faster, on a chance formula to gain a 30,000 AD 70 XP overflow reward originally meant for (17x slower) 1.75m XP (not perfectly sure of the exact number).

This is encouraging botting. Yesterday we had to kick so many bots getting stuck on random dungeons, including a 12k item level that has terrible pathing that was stuck from the very beginning.

All these botted 30k AD will flood and devalue AD.

Why is there even preview servers? The bad lockbox drops and Cordon of Arrow were reported as early as January 13/20 as well.

Set it back to 1.75m overflow XP before you ruin the NW economy.

Tia

The overflow was reduced down to 100,000 XP, but the XP rewards for killing creatures and completing quests at level 70 was also reduced with our work to fix the 60-70 leveling curve.

It is not 17x faster now.
    There are some sources of XP that weren't adjusted, though. The Leadership profession, for one.
    Perhaps True. But previously Leadership didn't even move XP that much if barely a hair. At least now if you run 6-9 Leadership projects you will move perhaps 1, possibly 2 bars maybe even 3-5 of the 20 needed; depending how high your XP boost is.

As for speed I would certainly AGREE with the DEV here it's no where close to 17x faster; but I'd certainly like to think it's about 1.5-2.5x faster than it had been. Especially if your spending most your time in SKT, IWD, &/or Chult. Most daily tasks can award slightly under 6k with no XP boost; but then increase depending on what your boost is. Giants in those area's also award 'significantly' less XP that they previously did by a massive margin; yet if you spend the better part of an hour thrashing on them you could earn an XP reward--now if you had 50%-100% XP bonus it may take only 20-30 minutes perhaps.

I confirmed XP with Giants in Cold Run: I was at 604 total overflow prior to starting, with 1 Giant down it grew to 3050 or about 2460 with a 28% XP boost from Mount Insignia or Enchantments. Daily's in Cold Run give me about 7400 or so with 28% XP reward or about 5.9k without any XP bonus. Brynn & Lonelywood might be similar. But SKT then (SoMi) is one of the more difficult places aside from Icewynd Pass & Dwarven Valley before entering Chult / Omu; so one might expect at least 5k-7k for dailies.
  • nightmayne#6667 nightmayne Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Any ETA on fix for benign order of the third eye campaign?

Yeah, I'm stuck at "sort the shards" with the task details saying I'm missing 3 evidence of evil tokens
  • chilli1212chilli1212 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Bump for the weird binding of primal or any mod 13 weapons!
    For me it is my primal offhand! I refined it on my TR to purple, as it was still acc bound i thought i may refine on my DC aswell.
    Nada, my TR offhand is now BtC on my DC!? Please come up with a solution! I do not have 260k RP, Wards, Enchanting Stones and 750 Seals just lying around...!
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    strathkin said:

I was entirely shocked to see such a beautiful collections page on MIMIC or PREVIEW for the first time ever a few weeks ago! But on launch of Omu was entirely shocked the collections page had not updated? Also yesterday when I logged in PREVIEW it was gone their as well?

--Still as you scroll right in a collection the white highlighted name shifts to the right to eventually never be seen?

The previous collection page which I last saw about a week prior to Omu had looked completely amazing! It kept the name in the center & highlighted, and even reduced the height of the field where the names are, so we could see more of the items below, while still easily identifying those above. <3

HOPE Collections Page FIX is again implemented soon; this has been a long outstanding issue for 2-3 years! Although there are apparently some other more important promised fixes, like to players powers that is likely occupying the vast majority of the time, which is understandably appropriate.

So I'll try to be patient as we all know your likely working very hard - like after all MODs. o:) </p>

What are you speaking off?! O.o Collections haven't been changed in anyway (except added items)... Maybe you're referring to the 'Sort by Location' option at the bottom right that has been enabled earlier and not now?

EDIT: Oh, you're speaking of mimic/preview... Got any screenshots? I haven't noticed anything different on preview since mod 13 was released there (but I've been there only a couple times).
    FrozenFire
  • nuclearninja1nuclearninja1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    Cordon of Arrows now has a time limit of five seconds. Just enough time to put three down and start an attack, when they go away. Might get one or two shots off before swarmed by mob and die. It used to be twelve to fifteen seconds before disappearing.
    Is there a problem with HR's? It seems like they don't do as much damage as they used to. I used to be able to fight some mobs and have no problem; now those same mobs seem much harder to beat.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

Pilgrim Weapon set in Omu seems to trigger excessively and puts you In-Combat, preventing you from Regen-ing or mounting. This is especially noticeable after defeating a single enemy.
    I tried removing my pet, thinking they were going agro, but still wound up entering and exiting combat repeatedly.
    I have had no issues in Omu on my cleric who has the same companion but Fey weapon set.

I have exactly the same.

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Pilgrim weapons are combat locking my character for as long as a minute after a fight when there's no more enemies anywhere near me, which makes it impossible to interact with objects or get on a mount. Also, the Chultan Tiger keeps running off and attacking empty air, rather than actually engaging enemies.
    edited March 2018

strathkin said:

I was entirely shocked to see such a beautiful collections page on MIMIC or PREVIEW for the first time ever a few weeks ago! But on launch of Omu was entirely shocked the collections page had not updated? Also yesterday when I logged in PREVIEW it was gone their as well?

--Still as you scroll right in a collection the white highlighted name shifts to the right to eventually never be seen?

So I'll try to be patient as we all know your likely working very hard - like after all MODs. o:) </p>

What are you speaking off?! O.o Collections haven't been changed in anyway (except added items)... Maybe you're referring to the 'Sort by Location' option at the bottom right that has been enabled earlier and not now?

EDIT: Oh, you're speaking of mimic/preview... Got any screenshots? I haven't noticed anything different on preview since mod 13 was released there (but I've been there only a couple times).
    Well yes I do see that Collections had NEW items in them! Yet that's not the long outstanding BUG. Up to a week prior to Omu going on PREVIEW or MIMIC had a major change; the Highlighted Collection Identified at the TOP, would always stay centered & highlighted in the menu. So the collection you were being told you were looking at, was indeed actually the correct collection listed below.

Today if you look: You see on Dragon the highlighted collection in white shift constantly to the right before moving off the screen. It also becomes de-aligned with the blue highlighted section which identifies the wrong collection and it's not even centered on the text there either, often half in between two completely wrong collections. >:)

Up till about 4-5 days prior to Omu : Preview or Mimic had this issue FIXED which was committed as part of the October BUG investigation. The blue highlighted area I think was removed, the white text always stayed centered in the menu to identify the collection below. And the horizontal space between the bars that list the collection were reduced to make more room for the collections below. Now I presume they are likely aware something didn't get implemented as intended; as I understand there are a few player powers FIXES that are also not reported working--if you read above. So we'll just have to be patient.
    edited March 2018

Cordon of Arrows now has a time limit of five seconds. Just enough time to put three down and start an attack, when they go away. Might get one or two shots off before swarmed by mob and die. It used to be twelve to fifteen seconds before disappearing.
    Is there a problem with HR's? It seems like they don't do as much damage as they used to. I used to be able to fight some mobs and have no problem; now those same mobs seem much harder to beat.

I think there are a few class player powers that are not working as intended; HR I suspect is likely one as is some Wizard MoF abilities.

On another note I also noticed Relic Gear purchased with Protector Seals has dramatically increased the amount of Volinblod & Lanolin required. Although the blue reagents seem to be less? Now 435 Relic Armor wants 15,000 Volinblod, 50 Lanolin, yet wants 3 resin not 1, yet the blue reagents were previously 3 but now only wants 1 of each? Many are suspecting this is likely an error? Previously you required a purple, 3 of the blue reagents of 2 types, maybe 6-9 of the green and about 3000 volinblod or so if memory serves although it varied if head, arms, feet or armor a bit.

Now some in our Alliance suspect this is likely an error yet I'm wondering if they returned it to where it was originally? Still 15,000 volinblood is the same amount required as the 4th boon, so people may spend hours over a week or two to restore a few items. Now perhaps they just wanted people spending a bit more time before being able to restore their gear?
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hello team.

My ingame ticket was deleted so I will write it down here:

Please - either transfer fully refined primal offhand (for HR class) from my GF Ulf@wizardlvl80#5963 to Peren@wizardlvl80#5963 or make it account bound and I will transfer it by myself. I just want this weapon to be on my HR.

Please, help. And don't ignore me.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Just noticed that I seem to be getting a lot of overflow experience rewards. Seems I am now getting a reward every 100,000 xp points rather than millions. Is there something I missed. Don't really mind getting extra rewards but just wondered.

this is not a bug, it stems from levelling the progress from 60-70 down more consistently with 1-60. i find it very nice, especially for alts that need powerpoints...

:)

edit: some sources of xp have been forgotten to adjust though, leadership and invoking for instance. i guess devs are aware, as there has been a blog about this.
    Post edited by ilmenira on

Whilst I was thinking that when reading zerrapus's post, I would still however say that 100,000 is far too low.

As a player I just noodle around on my main for a couple of hours a day, doing a few dailies, invoking, and a couple of rounds of leadership tasks. Prior to the patch I would ding my overflow about once a week doing this. Since Tuesday though, it has been once a day - and that's not even using the 5 x 5000xp books you often get as a reward.

I would suggest that the overflow experience be raised to at least 500,000, and then evaluate how quickly players are getting through that amount and adjust accordingly (my personal view is that 750,000 would be the 'sweet spot' - but 'my personal view' is not an entirely scientific process!).

overflow started back before the level increase from 60 to 70, as far as i remember. thus, it used to be easier back then to get powerpoints after maxing levels. i feel it's a very nice change in modul 13!
    zerappus said:

@nitocris83

The level 70 XP is too high. This has been brought up as early as January 13, on botting concerns with the 30,000AD XP
    overflow rewards.

Old 70 overflow XP gain = XP / 1,750,000 XP

That means gain is currently 17x faster, on a chance formula to gain a 30,000 AD 70 XP overflow reward originally meant for (17x slower) 1.75m XP (not perfectly sure of the exact number).

This is encouraging botting. Yesterday we had to kick so many bots getting stuck on random dungeons, including a 12k item level that has terrible pathing that was stuck from the very beginning.

Why is there even preview servers? The bad lockbox drops and Cordon of Arrow were reported as early as January 13/20 as well.

Tia

to me it's a very welcome change back to basically what it was before level increase from 60 to 70. one of the best news in module 13!

i guess bots can run and run for whatever goal, and be it somewhat faster or slower (xp gain for quests has been lowered accordingly). pls do not ask for a less enjoyable experience for players just in fear of what bots might or might not do... developers will see, how this influences economy -- if it does at all, which i doubt ... i very rarely get 30000 AD...
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    some times the chest of prince merchant folly dont spend key after use for open chest and still appear chest like not was open and dont pick up all rewards
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    macjae said:

Just got a drop of two Scrolls of Lich Lore simultaneously. You can only pick up one to go turn it in to Makos or Eku. After going back, you can then pick up the other scroll, but can't get the quest from it. The "Accept Quest" choice is there, but clicking it does nothing.

So that leaves the question; is the scroll a "dead" one that will never work due to being essentially the "same" as one that was already turned in (and may prevent others from dropping if it's kept in the inventory), is there an ICD on the quest, or is it a bug that keeps the quest from being available again when two scrolls drop simultaneously? In the first case, any superfluous scrolls should despawn, in the second case there should be a timer, and in the third case, whatever keeps the quest from being picked up again should be resolved. The first seems more in line with general design principles in the game.

There is an ICD on the quest. Save the Object and click on it later.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    zerappus said:

@nitocris83

Tia

Yes, yes, yes - bots do that, so make such thing pointless. How many times did that happen already? For example who bothers to pick up skill nodes nowadays?
    Finding solution in punishing regular players for deeds of bot farmers is always bad and does not address the root of the problem!
This discussion has been closed.