test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

val in the thayan encampment in omu

ebonmoon13ebonmoon13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
there is a character on one of the towers in the thayan encampment in omu by the name of val...has anyone had any luck being able to talk to this person...is she a quest npc?...

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I think you have to bring their skulls to her tower.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    There is a ante-chamber in the undercity.. that i happen to have found by accident... that has a sparkly on the floor and needs Arcane skill (kit) to interact with.

This transports you to the rooftop she is on.

I talked with her, and its mostly dialogue and there is one point that she asks you something about the Soulmonger and whether it should be studied or destroyed. Not sure what the consequences are to your answers at this time.
    r000kie said:

Yes, we can talk with her. No, does not have a quest. Maybe further up in campaign, if not in mod 14 aka 12c

LOL.. but... i thought this WAS 12c next would 12d ;)
  • ebonmoon13ebonmoon13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    thank you for that info...I ended up talking with her...I do wonder what her connection with the soulmonger is...one way to find out...
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Finally! I have been trying to jump up there somehow for a couple hours! Thanks for the info on the transporter.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Yeah, I found the teleporter completely by accident and had a friendly little chat with our old "buddy" Val. I think she just wants the Soulmonger for her own, bad self. I saw she was in the ToA hardback adventure, I wondered if we would run into her here.

This also throws a little cold water on one of my theories about "Mr. Grumpy" Makos.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Well it's Valindra as you say. My son is convinced that Makos has the Soulmonger.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Hmm.... never crossed my mind that it may be Valindra... interesting theory

Let us not forget that Makos also has the Maze Engine
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I thought "Makos" might actually be Valindra disguise, but that seems unlikely now. Another possibility is that Vizeran DeVir is back and impersonating Makos.

Whatever the case though, I just don't think this Makos is really OUR Makos...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I figured as much when I ran into "Val" on preview, but I kept quiet about it :wink:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    In case you haven't found it yet...

Would be cool facing her again in a future mod.
    FrozenFire