test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People getting ripped off by other people on the AH by posting multiple copies

I'm writing this post asking how come Neverwinter is condoning players ripping other players off on the auction house by posting one item at a time of multiple copies so only their stuff is seen with the 400 items posted that's ripping people off when that's the only item that can buy other people are losing out on sales and I'm asking how come you guys keep condoning this and you haven't done anything yet about it you know take the coalescent wards for example today on Xbox you got one person that is filled up the posted items of 400 coalescent wards Plus you cannot see anything else

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I'm writing this post asking how come Neverwinter is condoning players ripping other players off on the auction house by posting one item at a time of multiple copies so only their stuff is seen with the 400 items posted that's ripping people off when that's the only item that can buy other people are losing out on sales and I'm asking how come you guys keep condoning this and you haven't done anything yet about it you know take the coalescent wards for example today on Xbox you got one person that is filled up the posted items of 400 coalescent wards Plus you cannot see anything else

You can change the view so that the cheapest buyout option comes first. So if the guy selling 400+ is cheapest, then huzzah! But if there is a cheaper option that will come to the top regardless of when it was posted to the AH.

If the 400 are the cheapest available, then I'm not sure why you'd want to choose another lot.
    Probably because they want to sell their item but they don't want to sell it cheaper than that guy.
    Ah, the anti capitalist dream of price controls in a free market economy.

Yeah... not likely to happen this century.
  • johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Something else to note - the scenario that OP mentioned can't be happening, as you can not have more than 40 active listings.

Tell that to the guy who had postings 36-400 (and I assume more) of coal wards all posted at a 444,444 buyout (except the times he posted one too many 4's and had them for 4,444,444).

Alt characters allow this.

But to the OP, I always go with "Buyout" and sort by the cheapest. THats why his posts were #36 and not #1. If ANYONE goes cheaper than him, they push his down. He can continue to login to 10+ characters and repost those. I won't buy them. In the above case, it is cheaper to buy zen from the AD exchange and buy the ward. He can post for 444,444 all he wants, I'm paying 345ish per coal ward....even at the exorbitant Zen/AD market.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

Something else to note - the scenario that OP mentioned can't be happening, as you can not have more than 40 active listings.

yes you can .alts. it always shows your gt not your toon name.

Doh! I don't know why I didn't realize this, when I have so many alts myself. :( My bad.

The thing is is when you switch your default it doesn't put the cheapest ITEM up first it puts up multiple copies being able to buy out at once on the cheapest which people are manipulating that and using that in their advantage to force people to buy their stuff so again it is ripping people off they need to make it to where we can see every item posted when we're looking at something so we don't have to change our default

so changing from default is really super hard or something?
    It's not intuitive on how to do it, so a lot of newer players don't even realize that they have to do it. Most just accept the default as how things are, and the veteran players take advantage of that.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2018

The thing is is when you switch your default it doesn't put the cheapest ITEM up first it puts up multiple copies being able to buy out at once on the cheapest which people are manipulating that and using that in their advantage to force people to buy their stuff so again it is ripping people off they need to make it to where we can see every item posted when we're looking at something so we don't have to change our default

So you rather spend hours, looking through thousands of items, then simply changing a setting? I guess I just don't understand people nowadays.

If the person has the lowest Buyout Price it will show that persons items first when Buyout is selected.
    If the person has the lowest Price Per Item it will show the persons items first when Lowest Price is selected.

I am beginning to wonder if is that you just don't want to buy from a certain seller, despite them having the lowest price.

There was another thread not long about the same thing:

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1232725/put-a-limit-for-highbid-post-smops-market-trashed/p1
    Post edited by omegarealities#7219 on
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

You can change the view so that the cheapest buyout option comes first. So if the guy selling 400+ is cheapest, then huzzah! But if there is a cheaper option that will come to the top regardless of when it was posted to the AH.

If the 400 are the cheapest available, then I'm not sure why you'd want to choose another lot.
    If I have the AD, I will avoid rewarding the farmers posting multiples to spam up the AH. It is a form of abuse that should not be rewarded.
  • hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Sometimes the sort by tab doesn't work and the search needs to be refreshed.
    Buyout listings are sorted by cost of each unit (price/quantity).
    I.E. a post of 1 coal ward at 450k will be after a post of 2 coal wards at 890k (890/2=495) as each unit is cheaper.

PS If the seller bought 400 coal wards that would be 400,000 ZEN (with no discounts).
    Xbox: 400,000 = 152 million AD (1 ZEN @ 380AD~)
    Just for those wondering...

If I have the AD, I will avoid rewarding the farmers posting multiples to spam up the AH. It is a form of abuse that should not be rewarded.

I guess I'm missing the scam here. For all new players, there is an AH tutorial in game as with all mechanics. There is a clear place for sorting the Auction house. So someone posts 400+ coal wards at ridiculous prices? To what end? He's entry 36 on the list when I sort for buyout. Even default he wasn't the only thing I saw. If he was entry 1, he's the cheapest. If someone else wants to sell, they go cheaper. Even 1 AD cheaper puts you before him on the list.

This is a capitalist market. The prices are set by the players. If you don't like the price, don't buy. To say he shouldn't be allowed to post 400 coal wards is limiting income for all players. He can continue to repost his 400 wards and waste hours of his life doing it....I'm not buying them (or any coal wards at the currently exorbitant prices on the AH). There are cheaper alternatives.

PS. He seems to still have all the Coal Wards he's been posting and none seem to be selling....is he really getting rewarded? Maybe once in a blue moon he sells one....but overall he seems to be losing out as he has 400 wards sitting around doing nothing.

Again switching the default doesn't work if they're controlling that option to you don't understand for people that have hundreds of millions of ad on multiple characters are controlling that option to so again it is ripping people off it is stealing from people and it should be dealt with I can't say before it gets out of hand because it's already out of hand

When I looked, I saw many options to the seller I think you are talking about. BTW, be very careful when making accusations on the board, as it is a violation of the TOS.
    So I've been scouring the AH, and I see people posting a LOT of a single item....but every time there are other items available. The option exists to sort by price either by bid or buyout. When you do this, it drops these massive posters of items to their price location. I still don't see this as a problem if I can sort through their riff-raff. IF the option to sort exists, but players don't use it, why is this the seller's problem?

I also have to ask, where does this stop?

Take the end of the Siege event. I had 400 defense supplies I casually gained over 6 characters and the event. I didn't make them, but I had them and had nothing I wanted to buy. I sold all 400 in batches of 20. The cheapest price at the time was 9,997 for 20. I sold mine for 9,450 and sold them in groups of 20. Why? Because no one wants to spend 200k on 400 defense supplies, but people bought them in groups of 20.

In the above, I controlled a market for 3 hours. Is this what you are against? This is the capitalist market and as the supplier, I can set whatever price I like. If the buyer doesn't like it, why are they buying it? Why is this an issue if 1) Players can sort their items by price and 2) its a player controlled market and no one is forcing people to buy these things?

I guess I'm just trying to see what people are upset about. I laughed at Mr. 400 coal wards, because he set such a ridiculous price for 400 of these things and keeps refreshing them. Especially given the other ways of getting the same items.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Does the buy out sort include multiple items being listed. For instance if I list two and the average single pricing value of the two I have is below the individual items current lowest price will mine show first? If not, than the OP POV still has value and the AH maybe need more sorting options.

Does the buy out sort include multiple items being listed. For instance if I list two and the average single pricing value of the two I have is below the individual items current lowest price will mine show first? If not, than the OP POV still has value and the AH maybe need more sorting options.

Sorting by Buyout will sort by the lowest price PER ITEM.

If seller A has one item selling for 100,000 and seller B has 2 items for 180,000, the seller B's auction will show up first because it is only 90,000 per item.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Deja-vu, we did discuss this already last July and I think since then they might have adjusted something so the sort order does not stick across characters, I think it goes to default for each character now when you first view the auction house.

And 444,444 is way to high for a coalie, get it from the ZM with a coupon if you don't want to pay the AH prices.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies

Deja-vu, we did discuss this already last July and I think since then they might have adjusted something so the sort order does not stick across characters, I think it goes to default for each character now when you first view the auction house.

And 444,444 is way to high for a coalie, get it from the ZM with a coupon if you don't want to pay the AH prices.

^This

It sorts based upon price. The cheapest price is item#1. This is why I don't see this as a problem. IF you sort by buyout, you are given the lowest price first.

And as Sundance said, wait for the 15% off a refinement item, buy 850 zen, and buy a coal ward for ~100k less than the posted prices.
    edited February 2018
    IRL I am always looking for the best (not cheapest) deal, sometimes a bargain is not always a bargain. I check Auction House, Wonderous Bazaar, Trade Bar Merchant and Zen Matket, and compare price. As far as I am concerned, people who are not willing to do research and use the tools offered, don't deserve the best value for their money.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @nitocris83 simply putting the sort option on the left with all the other options would make it much more visible/obvious. It sitting randomly in the upper right is why newer players miss it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Its worth noting that the system the 400+ wards person is using doesn't work if they are trying to sell 400+ coal wards. (and aren't trying to drive prices down instead.)

Putting a large number of lots up sets a new plateau for the price, meaning that people looking for a quick sale will undercut it. As more people do this the standard price drops.
    A better way to sell 400 at considerably less than the going price would be to repeatedly put 3 or 4 up at a time. Buyers would see this as a bargain and they would sell quickly. Once they sell, do it again.
    I can almost guarantee that this would see 400 of anything sell faster than by dumping the lot in one go.