test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it just me, or am I doing more damage?

litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
SS CW, and I seem to be mowing through things quicker.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I felt about the same to be honest. But I will keep an eye on it.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Well it's true 'some' Classes may see a boost especially lower to mid level players as there are a few more powers that can actually go Critical now than were previously able to. There are also a few new powers in every class that previously never used to benefit from weapon's enchants that have also now been corrected. Yet there are many factor's that will determine if these are only slight gain's or perhaps a little bigger, or perhaps a little less.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1238467/lost-city-of-omu-release-patch-notes

Still many Classes (especially Wizard's) were claiming in PREVIEW their damage decreased somewhat despite the information above. Yet there are likely other factor's playing into that:
    • Weapon's Enchantments will no longer PROC multiple times on a single cast of a Daily, Encounter, or At-Wil. So many Wizard's will likely be less drawn to Lightning Enchantments than they were before. Although this was changed for most Character Classes. Some point out Great Weapon Fighters have at least one power that (that may have been missed - to be corrected in near future?) as it can also still PROC weapons enchants multiple times on a single cast.

• Storm Spell Class Power for Wizard's also got a sizeable Nerf (If you use that) of about 30% to the damage dealt. I would have rather seen them simply reduce the Strike Chance on Critical Hit's by 5%. Yet I'm not going to argue really for or against, there are a lot of factors that play into all the above.
    It be WISE however for most players to "re-evaluate" many powers & in various combinations again; then see what works best for them now, based on the builds they have created! Which is always great advice after any new MOD particularly this one.

▪ Warlocks do have one power (if you READ patch notes) was redesigned the opposite way.
    ╘ designed to PROC multiple times: to boost damage while also getting a Warlock Feat to work as intended.
    ╘ designed to be an intentional BUFF in addition to one or two other powers that were BUFFED for Warlocks.

Warlocks got some <3 in this build but some would like to see a little more... ...only time will tell how that plays out as they re-evaluate the player statistic's as more get into playing the class on Dragon (LIVE) environment.

Still like in all things: While I try to see from the middle or both sides of the argument for/against; you'll always find many who likely love / like / dislike the changes made as there's passion on all sides...
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    That's why I posted. I use SS Class Feature, and instead of the proclaimed nerf, I seem to be doing a lot more damage. I'll have to ACT it to see for sure.
    All I heard was complaining about CW SS being 'dead'. Go figure.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Well it's possible some or not all the changes were on PREVIEW when many others tested or claimed to test them. I rarely do testing on PREVIEW even though I will login to see what's new. I heard of the additions from Cryptic about fixing some powers to now PROC Weapon Enchantments that hadn't; in addition to some powers being able to have Critical hits. Some of those were a little more focused on Wizard's perhaps to address the NERF to Storm Spell... Still all I saw was a lot of upset players claiming a sizeable damage reduction - so I thought perhaps a 30% took it a bit too far?

Still most my FEEDBACK on PREVIEW was to try to draw attention to Class Powers many Character Classes have that are under performing or rarely used. I was trying to SHIFT focus away from the doom/gloom predictions and try to encourage more constructive feedback...

(even that results in some misunderstanding on what you said - trying to draw you back into the drama)

...while I do jump on PREVIEW to have a look I never do any testing their as I like to wait for the final product... Perhaps I'm one of the few who put's more faith into the TEAM AT CRYPIC to do their best to be fair to the majority of players. I always try to leave my testing to it hit's Dragon before I spent any effort otherwise I simply review, read and possibly offer feedback based on what others are saying or has been reported by Cryptic. Which is why I suggested it's always good to revisit / test various powers / rotations / and class powers after each MOD goes LIVE as I did above.
    litaaers said:

All I heard was complaining about CW SS being 'dead'. Go figure.

Yea no doubt. I generally always try to present a mostly fair or unbiased opinion; however perhaps Wizard's are not as bad off as many may claimed. Time to go check it out and see now...
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    My SS Renegade is down about 40 percent DPS from 12b. I need to re-evaluate the build...
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    litaaers said:

Any thoughts?

Where have you found you are moving through things quicker ? I only ask because I have had the opposite experience with my SS CW. However, since Mod 13 dropped I've only taken him through a couple of DR Lairs. Both took longer than usual as he seemed to be doing less damage. On the other hand, my HR has been in Omu a fair bit and maxed out his weekly campaign currency allowance. I saw no real difference when I took him through the same DR Lairs but he was cutting stuff in Omu down much faster than he could deal with the inhabitants of the original Chult areas, e.g. soloing one of the new tyrannosaurus variants was a doddle (NB: not one of the new T.Rex variants).

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    whats your GS, your weapon enchant and qhere you feel faster ?

I've made my try and my CW and the result was the same as the preview server,
    I'm a lot weakeer than i used to be, to use this toon again i will need to change enchantment, and respec him again and use new powers... this after the bugs are gone...

If you have a high crit chance and good severity then you may get more powerfull, but even then developer said something like +8% dps in end game players (hight GS) something i cant test because i'm not there...

I may try to adapt to MOF later but for noe i have 4 more toons, btw thats why i have 5 toons, one always take a hit during this "balance/fixes" but i still have the other to run...
  • krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    litaaers said:

Any thoughts?

It's definitely you. I 100% guarantee my 16.7k CW has taken a HUGE nerf. I have guild players I regularly run with that I know almost exactly how my DPS compares to theirs, in real dungeon situations. on many runs in Tong, I run the first part as SS then switch to MoF for Orcus, and then back for the rest of the run. I switched to using the Unparalled Fey 9luckily I had one to steal from my OP) and in TONG, I now pull 1/2 the DPS relative to my DPS benchmark friends. I even upgraded to the new primal weapons (fully upgraded and powers set) so I should have been doing similar DPS even if it were a slight nerf. It's not. It's a horrible, hard hitting nerf. I've tried two other test builds using the Oppressor line, and it's still bad. Is soloing fine in the normal zones, yes, but at 16.7k is better be, as even my 14.6k DC can solo fine.

Overall, this is the worst nerf to the CW class in many years. I know if something isn't improved soon, I won't be back in NW.

Talia (16.7k CW)
    Tabbatha (16k OP)
    Taragon (14.6k DC)
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    litaaers said:

Any thoughts?

Sadly, it's probably (mostly) just you. I've noticed a slowdown in Omu personally, haven't run much else yet. For the sake of research though, what are you using? Powers, Feat tree, Weapon Enchant, Crit %/Sev., etc.?
    edited February 2018
    For those asking:
    iLvl: 14.1k
    Trans Dread
    Crit% 69.7
    Severity 86%
    Damage Dealt: +81%
    DI: 65.9
    Recharge:52.7
    Damage Taken: -21.1
    LS: 17.5
    LS-Sev: 111.3

Class Features: SS, Chilling Presence
    Rotation: CoI (on Tab), Chill Strike, Disintegrate, Steal time, Chilling Cloud, Opp. Force & Ice Knife. Mythic Shard of Valindra's Crown for Main Artifact Power (buys me a lot of time to Recover powers).
    Mostly renegade, with 3 Thaum feats thrown in.

Started in Omu, but checked in Chult and WoD to be sure. Definitely seem to be cutting through mobs faster. Haven't tried on any Dungeon Bosses yet.

And for those saying 'Compared to HAMSTER, I'm defintely weaker'... I didn't compare myself to anybody but me. There were a few SWs who were dancing around me, melting things down before I finished my first rotation.... but for MY performance, I *definitely* seemed to be having an easier time with things that took me longer before the patch.

EDIT: Lol. The Censored word above is x, 3 times in a row.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    litaaers said:

For those asking:
    Trans Dread
    Crit% 69.7
    Severity 86%

Rotation: CoI (on Tab), Chill Strike, Disintegrate, Steal time, Chilling Cloud, Opp. Force & Ice Knife. Mythic Shard of Valindra's Crown for Main Artifact Power (buys me a lot of time to Recover powers).

Started in Omu, but checked in Chult and WoD to be sure. Definitely seem to be cutting through mobs faster. Haven't tried on any Dungeon Bosses yet.

And for those saying 'Compared to HAMSTER, I'm defintely weaker'... I didn't compare myself to anybody but me. There were a few SWs who were dancing around me, melting things down before I finished my first rotation.... but for MY performance, I *definitely* seemed to be having an easier time with things that took me longer before the patch.

Well, sounds like you're running pretty much the same thing I am with less crit% and a bit more crit severity (Dread vs. Vorpal). Is that you're crit% after your bondings proc? Do you have a lot of +Combat Adv dmg too? What off-hand feature are you using?

You are having a rather opposite experience to most of us. A few are coming out fairly even, I'm cutting through slower, others are cutting through a lot slower.

On a tone-related note though (and this isn't just directed at the OP), chuckling over not feeling nerfed when everyone else is clearly feeling nerfed (not in theory, but in practice) is not gonna win any popularity contests. Instead, it will cause people to question the veracity of your claims. It doesn't come across as constructive, it comes across as razzing people when they're down.
    edited March 2018
    pterias said:

litaaers said:

For those asking:
    Trans Dread
    Crit% 69.7
    Severity 86%

Well, sounds like you're running pretty much the same thing I am with less crit% and a bit more crit severity (Dread vs. Vorpal). Is that you're crit% after your bondings proc? Do you have a lot of +Combat Adv dmg too? What off-hand feature are you using?

You are having a rather opposite experience to most of us. A few are coming out fairly even, I'm cutting through slower, others are cutting through a lot slower.

On a tone-related note though (and this isn't just directed at the OP), chuckling over not feeling nerfed when everyone else is clearly feeling nerfed (not in theory, but in practice) is not gonna win any popularity contests. Instead, it will cause people to question the veracity of your claims. It doesn't come across as constructive, it comes across as razzing people when they're down.
    No chuckling involved. I had heard the complaints from Preview, and when I logged in after the patch, I was expecting to have to be careful, even in old zones. When I found that I wasn't needing to do that, I posted the OP as a question, in case others were seeing it.

Any perceptions other than that are the property of the reader. I intended only to ask others experiences. I just didn't think they would come with accusations of making it up, poor playing, and 'not knowing what I am talking about'. And that's without the distractions of Forum features.

EDIT: If you look at the first 4 to 5 posts, things seem to be going swimmingly, with back and forth, and lots of lets-check-it-further. Then, .....
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    I have not experienced the changes as described in the original post, it feels like a nerf. My 16.4K SS Thaum feels like it is taking longer to kill things. New PC so I have to install ACT and poke around with what is going on. I had been playing around on preview a bit and preemptively built a new trans Dread to swap out for my lightning when I resigned myself to the fact that the Devs are not listening. The lightning enchant changes definitely make it feel less satisfying dropping in on mobs. I feel like there is a noticable increase in recharge times, likely due to the loss of cooldown reductions on chains; and, storm spell definitely feels like it is less powerful. Overall it feels like a double damage reduction. This on a path that I have clung to as my main despite it not delivering damage as effectively as other DPS / desired in end game content.

Sad times for Spellstorm mains is how this makes me feel. I have a couple of every class and one of each that I intended to run through Omu but tbh this has demotivated me to play the mod.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    If you didnt use lightning before, maybe you dont notice the difference as much. Or maybe you just playing your class wrong in some other way so you actually got a boost. But for everyone that was doing it right before, there was a nerf, end of story.

Also new tiger companion, weapons, rings etc gives you more damage then you had in mod 12b so maybe thats whats throwing you off somehow..

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    there's a simple fix to this, fix the proc on SS and Smolder cos neither is proccin as much as they did back in mod12b, allow ST to do damage in all Hits or at least the initial hit, and fix the issue where oppresive force and SuS are doing 0 damage sometimes and work something out with how clunky conduit of ice has become, not sure if its just the huge lag with the new mod but to cast CoI now u need to stop doing every other thing and hold it there till it finally casts, and with that we should be ok, the issue again is not the damage nerf but the procs, its not proccing enough and for a class that leaves off procs, lightning was enough nerf, now if internal mechanics aint even proccing, its worse. thats the nerf.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    my midclass SS thaum CW with lightning enchant, spellstorm offhand and 70% crit chance lost quite a bit of her damage... game feels less fluid as well... experimenting with oppressor and chilling presence offhand right now + vorpal in waiting for getting fey to trans. my experience: it has been an (unneeded) setback... well...

:(
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I played my CW as a main for 4 years. As it is, I decided, to put him on hold. CW was not in high demand in endgame groups. Now with the lightning nerf I did donate the lightning enchantment to my GWF and just use the weapon I used for single target dps.

While I can still easily do my dailies on my CW, I dont like the fact, that the dailies are a similar (low) challenge as with my alts, bc my CW still is my best geared char (+17k) and should be a mile away from my 14k GWF geared with the hand me downs from my other characters.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Noticed the same thing, hadn't changed anything on my SS cw alt -12.5k - since the new mod dropped and she seemed to blow everything up more than usual. Same gear, same build, same rotation as always.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited March 2018
    Plz delete plz
    jonkoca said:

Noticed the same thing, hadn't changed anything on my SS cw alt -12.5k - since the new mod dropped and she seemed to blow everything up more than usual. Same gear, same build, same rotation as always.

Perhaps its just our setup or playstyle that is preventing us from seeing what others have seen. While I used a CW guide awhile ago to get a baseline, when I attain a new item (or a new feature/item becomes available) I will try to squeeze it in and see if it makes my life easier. What I'm saying is, I am not using a BiS template, so maybe its the differences in our builds (from the template builds) that is making the difference.

Also, all of my observations are compared to what I felt I was doing before, so its anecdotal (at least in our few cases).
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    One of our guild CWs said she was killing stuff faster, I suspect if you don't use a lightning enchant (she uses dread) this may be normal.
    I do use the Dread Enchantment.
    Mine uses either vorpal or nothing.