test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Multiverse in Video Games - What About In Neverwinter?

adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
There is a growing trend of multiverse crossovers in Video Games. Soulcalibur has it. Lego Dimensions has it. Injustice 2 now has it. But... what about multiverse crossovers for Neverwinter?

Personally, I would love to see guest appearances of Cerebus the Aardvark, Groo the Wanderer, The Maxx (Outback Version - or perhaps Chult Maxx) or even Medieval Spawn. But what about you?

What would you like to see?

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Just as soon as Marvel starts printing Batman regularly.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I can see a Ravenloft or Planescape cross over, seeing as how the comics took Minsc to Ravenloft via the Shadowfell. Eberron is probably a no, as would be Greyhawk. Anything dealing with the Critical Role universe would probably require WotC as well.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

I can see a Ravenloft or Planescape cross over, seeing as how the comics took Minsc to Ravenloft via the Shadowfell. Eberron is probably a no, as would be Greyhawk. Anything dealing with the Critical Role universe would probably require WotC as well.

Isn't the Laughing skull already a crossover? :smile:

• Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    litaaers said:

Isn't the Laughing skull already a crossover? :smile:

Interesting, I took the Laughing Skull to be an undead created by the Clerics of Velsharoon who has as their symbol a laughing skull. And Velsharoon is a Demigod from the Forgotten Realms universe. Of course I could be wrong.

Where do you think the Laughing Skull comes from?
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

planescape torment, morte?
  • Options
    ilmenira said:

planescape torment, morte?
    Interesting possible cross over spot. :)

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'm still familiarizing myself with the flexibility Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro have with their IPs but if it's anything like Marvel or Star Wars (the brands I used to work with previously), it takes a lot of work to get cross-overs and interactions to happen.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I'm still familiarizing myself with the flexibility Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro have with their IPs but if it's anything like Marvel or Star Wars (the brands I used to work with previously), it takes a lot of work to get cross-overs and interactions to happen.

Isn't the planescape setting the TSR/WotC setting that was designed to allow cross over to happen? All planes of existence are connected and thus "plane walkers" could go between settings in theory. OR am I remembering it wrong? :)
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    If we get Spelljammers... everyone run for the hills :p
  • Options
    adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User

Perhaps if the crossovers (or guest appearances) featured characters of known (but relatively obscure) franchises that were more aligned with the theme and time period of Neverwinter?

For example:

Having a crossover with Stargate SG1 might not go over well. I'm sorry, but I just can't picture a Star Gate malfunctioning and dropping SG1 into Neverwinter. However, considering that Morag in Neverwinter Nights had opened multiple doorways to other universes... I could see one of those yet-to-be-closed doors allowing someone or something to stumble through. And so, I could imagine heroes and villians based on Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal having breeched the planes at a time that predated the events of the movie when the Skeksis and Mystics were relatively young and Gelflings were yet to be purged...

Does that sound more plausible?