test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Release Patch Notes

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's release of Lost City of Omu maintenance are now available:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10818654

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    That's a long list! I didn't see any mention of the fix that keeps companions from running off and attacking nearby enemies with whom I haven't engaged. Is that in as well?

Several control powers have been adjusted to properly respect control resistances.

Any chance at a list of which ones, so we can test them? I can see that the first thing I'll have to do is see if Arcane Singularity still launches stronghold devils into near-orbital trajectories :wink:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Its a long list. To bad all I see is:

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla
    Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla CW NERF Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

xD

Anyway, this mod fixes lots of good stuff and its to bad it gets in the shadow of a class nerf that is not deserved even after pages of comments from players.

Yep, same here. I can't even muster enough energy to read through the whole list atm, I just scrolled through to see if the nerf was still there, and it was. There hasn't even been a single response since it was announced over two weeks ago on preview, except for the reddit AMA post which seemed totally oblivious that anything was even going on.

I was really excited that most of the Rocktober bugfixes were going to finally go live, but I just can't hardly bring myself to care now. Good show.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Its a long list. To bad all I see is:

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla CW NERF Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

xD

Anyway, this mod fixes lots of good stuff and its to bad it gets in the shadow of a class nerf that is not deserved even after pages of comments from players.

:/

A lot of good fixes, but I couldn't make myself read them entirely either. Like that feeling you get when you have the wind knocked out of you, yet you still keep on going..
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Issues you guys see aside, I'm actually really excited for a lot of these. There are tons of little things that add up to a big improvement. Plus, you know, the new content. I still gotta finish Chult though hahaha
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I figure in the 6 hours of patching i should be able to read the 22 pages of notes. Luckily, I will be away before the Mod launches and you will get to fix all the misses in the 8 hours I'll be gone. Weeks of no patch notes and then 22 pages, not good planning.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Nice patch. I can see a lot of good stuff. Nothing bad. Good job, guys.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    @modlesie

I asked the Support how theese 150 to 180 mio hits are possible. I didnt say the support "It must be a bug". I just asked "How can this be possible? Can you explain me how plz?" You dont wanna know which response i got >:)
    To make it short:
    They dont know why and they dont know how. Even if a lot players can explain that, the devs got no clue why such HAMSTER happens. Thats why i dont blame any class for huge DPS and i dont wanna blame the the devs anymore for the lack of knowledge. Its just boring. For me it sounds like: "We dont give a ... . Play as you want, use whatever you want..who cares..."
    OK...understood.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Sad. For a large amount of players this patch/mod will be remembered as a very bad patch, as a mod where the devs once again ignored all community input, just for two single changes. Although all other changes are really good - or at least not bad. And only because of the refusal of the dev to communicate with the community... :-(
  • piaxe60piaxe60 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    •Weapon Enchantments and Multi-Proccing ◦Various powers, across many classes, have been adjusted to trigger one weapon enchantment proc per target, per activation. (Example: A single activation against 5 enemies can proc up to 5 times.)

so "◦Icy Terrain now procs weapon enchantments on the first hit only" ok

but ◦Dreadtheft: This power has been updated. It now ticks twice per second, lasts up to 6 seconds, and its damage per tick has been significantly increased.
    ◦Dreadtheft now procs weapon enchantments on every tick.

why warlock can prock evry tick but not CW on his icy terrain

thank to break leg of CW
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Well, smoulder/rimfire damage increased, plus chilling presence now acts on smoulder/rimfire as well, IcyTerrain now ticks on frozen targets and for single targets my MoF oppressor shatterstrike gets a big buff. My CW MoF will enjoy module 13 a lot. Got her an unparalleled dread and R14 bondings last weekend, just for that module.
    Post edited by demolitioninc#2453 on
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Well, smoulder/rimfire damage increased, plus chilling presence now acts on smoulder/rimfire as well, IcyTerrain now ticks on frozen targets and for single targets my MoF oppressor shatterstrike gets a big buff. My CW MoF will enjoy module 13 a lot. Got here an unparalleled dread and R14 bondings last weekend, just for that module.

The nerf hammer can strike any of us.

It does seem to pigeonhole CWs more towards a MoF build now to be accepted into end-game dungeons. I am sure that was not the Devs' intentions ...
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    SW Tyrannical Curse - will this replace Warlocks curse or will it have all its bonuses?
    I am asking because sloppy curse consume is still a thing in this patch and generally anything that consumes/replaces warlock curse would be disaster to use for effectiveness of templock in party runs.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Demogorgon: Upon reaching Gold rank, the trial now advances to the next phase.

Nice overdue fix. Though I'm sure we will now see all the type-A players screaming in chat when someone opens something other than purple portal.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @tiberiusrex#6660 said:
    > so with the hunts.. can't mail anymore. we can still bank them to our alts right? or is it now necessary to make the lure on the same toon that farms them?

I asked this and was told that the bank works still.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Cutscenes can now be skipped in the following maps:
    Death Forge
    Lair of Lostmauth
    Malabog's Castle
    Phantasmal Fortress
    Temple of the Spider

Can I just say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for this. I hate unskippable cutscenes.

Teleport should now feel much more responsive with respect to animation, lockdown times, and rubber-banding.

So I'm going to have to relearn all over again? I had just got used to its weirdness. Jk, this is much appreciated
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Am glad that we can now skip those but I feel like cutscenes in castle never last boss or all 3 bosses in tomb of the nine gods and many others should be removed. Many times there would be a new person present while we skipped the scene and went again engaged in the fight and that new person still watching the vid would then be dead after watching it and wonder why. Perhaps a cut scene before we actually get to the bosses door to fight the boss would be best.
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    piaxe60 said:

•Weapon Enchantments and Multi-Proccing ◦Various powers, across many classes, have been adjusted to trigger one weapon enchantment proc per target, per activation. (Example: A single activation against 5 enemies can proc up to 5 times.)

so "◦Icy Terrain now procs weapon enchantments on the first hit only" ok

but ◦Dreadtheft: This power has been updated. It now ticks twice per second, lasts up to 6 seconds, and its damage per tick has been significantly increased.
    ◦Dreadtheft now procs weapon enchantments on every tick.

why warlock can prock evry tick but not CW on his icy terrain

thank to break leg of CW

From what ppl have been saying, thats still bugged for SW so we might not be benefitting from that until a later patch..
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Am glad that we can now skip those but I feel like cutscenes in castle never last boss or all 3 bosses in tomb of the nine gods and many others should be removed. Many times there would be a new person present while we skipped the scene and went again engaged in the fight and that new person still watching the vid would then be dead after watching it and wonder why. Perhaps a cut scene before we actually get to the bosses door to fight the boss would be best.

Either that or make the boss passive (that is, you can't touch it and it doesn't attack you either) until the cutscene is done for everyone. Not ideal I know, since more experienced players would still be waiting for the newcomer to be done, but I'm trying to come up with something that would take as little rework as possible but still give a desired outcome.
    Might not be possible though, I know jack all about Neverwinter's coding
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • archanf3larchanf3l Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hi All,,, is it really a 6 Gig patch ? Mine is patching 6 gig.. not a good news for us with slowest internet in the world. Philippines.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    vordayn said:

Well, smoulder/rimfire damage increased, plus chilling presence now acts on smoulder/rimfire as well, IcyTerrain now ticks on frozen targets and for single targets my MoF oppressor shatterstrike gets a big buff. My CW MoF will enjoy module 13 a lot. Got here an unparalleled dread and R14 bondings last weekend, just for that module.

The nerf hammer can strike any of us.

It does seem to pigeonhole CWs more towards a MoF build now to be accepted into end-game dungeons. I am sure that was not the Devs' intentions ...
    True. It also pushes the CW towards crit severity enchants, because weapon procs combined with CW's encounter procs are k=rap. I went back to MoF myself, can play either. Started as SS in mod 2, went to MoF in mod 6, back to SS in mod 12, and here we are at MoF again. *shrugs* I did my best and provided evidence that the SS CW would lose DPS, along with a few other great CW's and we were ignored. It's all we can do.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Please respond as to why scourge warlock gained the ability to multi proc weapon enchants and wizards lost it. And no, "entities just shouldn't because.. .entities!" Isn't an acceptable answer
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Steal time doesn't proc weapon enchants.

from patch notes:
    Smolder and Rimefire Smolder now deal about 50% more damage.
    Steal Time now properly procs weapon enchantments.
    Storm Spell: This power's artifact bonus now correctly scales with Storm Spell ranks.

however, a simple test on dummies shows that it didn't proc my Trans lightning on the test dummy at all. Please fix this. You took too much away from lightning enchant now you are not even getting it to proc when you say it should, that is disappointing.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Where are the new campaign vendors for Maze Engine and STK?

The patch notes mention campaign currency is now available for those 2 zones, but did not note where exactly said currency could be acquired.