test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A lot of blue screening

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post about this but I think the developers should know and I heard in one of the streams they read the forums, so here goes. I'm not sure what is going on but over the last several weeks quite a few players in my alliance have been getting the blue screen of doom. One minute they are gaming the next they are disconnected. Previously, the issue was connected to zoning into the stronghold and honestly it was aggravating but it happened infrequent enough as to be tolerable. However, recently it has become an epidemic which can occur at any time in any zone. One of my guild leads was respeccing a character last night and was blue screened 3 times. I was blue screened twice in my random que dungeon. Both times I came back and had to reque for another because it had completed while I was staring at a blue screen.

I am assuming others are dealing with this so please chime in. Maybe if they see how many people it is affecting the developers can look into it.

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Agreed. The random blue screening is getting out of control
  • muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    It generally happens while travelling to the stronghold, while in the stronghold, and when looking at guild menues for a long duration. It happens to almost everyone I've spoken to. So, it's a fairly common.

Apparently, it has been going on for months and people have been reporting it via PS reporting. I'm not sure that Sony shares anything about crashes to Cryptic or Arcgames. Though, it is near impossible to record it, as that functionality does not allow recording after a crash. So, streaming is the only way it may be seen.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Hmm, the error popped on me a couple times. Once going to my stronghold and once traveling to another location. However, there was an event going on and that means more players logging in. I just assumed it was due to that. Since the event ended I haven’t had any crashes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Crashed 3 times this afternoon. Its not worth playing if I am going to be constantly blue screened. #frustrated Not a single crash happened in the stronghold, twice in dread ring and the last time when returning to sharandar from the arcane reservoir. So over it. Have been on monster hunter since with no issues, before it gets blamed on my connection, the ps4, or anything not related to neverwinter. For real, this is totally on you guys at cryptic, arc, whatever you're calling yourselves. So frustrating
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the info! I'll follow up with the team on this.
  • vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Thank you, sorry i was short at the end on my last post. Its was a very frustrating day, no excuse for it. I apologize