test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180212a.3 (Update 2018-02-23)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes: NW.95.20180212a.3 - Posted 2018-02-23

Content and Environment
Omu
  • When all shrines are fully powered, players may still receive a small buff when invoking the shrines.
Tomb of the Nine Gods
  • The Envenomed Cache granted by Ras Nsi's treasure chest is now correctly bound on pickup, and can properly drop Masterwork resources again.

Art, Effects, and Audio
Character Art
  • Bulette mounts no longer shrink on Preview.

Other
  • Voice chat should really be working again on Preview.

----------

Release Notes: NW.95.20180212a.2 - Posted 2018-02-21

Content and Environment
Cradle of the Death God
  • Trickster God voices now better cut through surrounding audio.
Omu
  • A choppy audio transition between rooms in a Temple repeatable quest has been addressed.
  • Gladiator's Bounty: This quest now properly states, "Slay a Hunt Mark," rather than "Complete a Hunt."
  • The strange sinking of various floor pieces in Omu has been addressed.
  • The Tyrant should no longer run back and forth inexplicably while being attacked by players. For real this time.
Tomb of the Nine Gods
  • Ras Nsi now drops loot from a chest rather than directly.
    • Known Issue: The new relic and masterwork profession resources have stopped dropping in this build. The fix is currently in testing.
General
  • House of the Crocodile: Players no longer incorrectly spawn at the final campfire when dying early.
    • Known Issue: There is visual flickering in the first room.
  • The PvP leaderboard will reset upon the release of the Lost City of Omu.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Slam once again properly functions when no enemies are nearby, and now properly only deals one instance of damage when multiple enemies are nearby.

Items and Economy
General
  • Stronghold Vouchers from the Underdark Campaign no longer incorrectly state that they can give Astral Diamond vouchers.

User Interface
Auction House
  • Bid values no longer incorrectly turn to buyouts in the Auction House.
  • Bidding no longer incorrectly buys out an auction.
HUD
  • Salvaging now properly shows a "Rough Astral Diamonds gained" notification in the corner of the screen.
Loadouts
  • Changing loadouts no longer crashes a map in certain cases.
  • Loadouts may now properly be swapped while all Idle and Active Companion Slots are in use.

Art, Effects, and Audio
Audio
  • Footstep audio for some bears has been restored.
  • Various enemy audio has been improved or fixed.

Other
Voice Chat
  • Voice chat should hopefully work again on Preview. If not in this build, the next.
Localization
  • Another text localization pass has been made.
  • Certain voice lines for Drufi in Fangbreaker Island are now properly audible when playing in the German locale.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Can we get wicked reminder encounter for trickster uncapped again. It's range 3 why cap it at 5 enemies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Nope, not letting this get lost in the old, locked thread. Your internal estimates on the Storm Spell changes are WRONG!

---

Well, if the devs had had the decency to talk to the people that are screaming over this, they might have realized their estimates are completely hamstered. I thought the same thing they did until I actually tested it and found it was much worse. The proc rate has dropped dramatically, and even having high crit/severity doesn't make up for it. Everyone is assuming the SS offhand feature is what's causing the drop, but it's not! I'm not even using that (because I didn't realize it was bugged in our favor), and my proc rate is plummeting anyway.

SS Renegade with 85% crit% (+Chaos Magic), 132% severity, 25% CA.

AoE setup (CoI(Tab), IT, Dis, ST) in Kessel's:
    Live:

Preview:

Equaling a proc rate drop of 30%, overall SS damage drop of ~8%.

Single target setup (CoI(Tab), RoE, Dis, CS) in the Cold Run "Out of Supplies" weekly:
    Live:

Preview:

Equaling a proc rate drop of 31%, overall SS damage drop of 12%. (I know the sample size on this one is pretty small, but it's perfectly in line with the other results)

But please, do tell me more about how I'm not getting nerfed.

@terramak @asterdahl @balanced#2849
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    devs HAMSTER say one do the other :(
    (all drider server CW wait devs HUMSTER yet)
    Post edited by ruslan1404#8974 on
  • bauggsbauggs Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idiot devs. you dont know anything you arrogant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! all the palyers arw wrong! hahah <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Why is it that the CW is the only class that is getting singled out for having a power that deals a significant portion of damage?

Sure, Storm Spell can deal 20-30% damage in some cases but this gets balanced out throughout the whole dungeon. In the end it deals 10-15%. You're forgetting that Storm Spell procs off of LOW DAMAGE dealing powers. It makes up for the damage we miss by using the low damage powers.

A power that clearly out performs its paragon alternative is Weapon Master's Strike. If your logic is to nerf/'balance' paragon powers, surely Weapon Master's Strike should be nerfed into the ground to perform more like Threatening Rush. HR's Thorned Roots deals a lot more damage than it 'should', and its not even a capstone. HR's Plant Growth is clearly over powered.

Singling out the CW class for 1 over performing power, is wrong. Other classes have way more problems than the CW have. Fix them first.

On the subject of CW performance, where is the compensation for the multi proc nerf?

@balanced#2849 and to any other developer doing class balancing.
    We put lots of time and money into this game. Can you atleast come here and answer peoples questions about the CW nerfs?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

So new mod is launched with CW nerfed. You nerf SS because its dealing to much portion of damage but you forget to give back the nerfed damage somewhere else. And CW was already performing on average.

GG.

Spent last night migrating all CW stuff i could to other toons... fells really bad to do it...
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Sorry guys - why is everybody hanging themselves on Storm Spell - read the roctober fixes - a lot of powers are fixed, the MoF paragon with smoulder considering chilling presence will be much stronger, shatterstrike with MoF opens new possibilities for boss fights. Storm spell wasn't criting before, now it is.

Lets do the reasonable stuff - play Mod 13 for 2 weeks and then see where CW's are standing and readjust the builds.
    With all the fixes to all the powers in all classes, the game is basically reset, lets see how all the classes interact. Lets have everybody play first and readjust.
    If the changes break the class, I will be with everybody else, demanding correction. But I am not there yet.

Its an MMO and MMO's always change.

And its still just a game.....
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Sorry guys - why is everybody hanging themselves on Storm Spell - read the roctober fixes - a lot of powers are fixed, the MoF paragon with smoulder considering chilling presence will be much stronger, shatterstrike with MoF opens new possibilities for boss fights. Storm spell wasn't criting before, now it is.

Lets do the reasonable stuff - play Mod 13 for 2 weeks and then see where CW's are standing and readjust the builds.
    With all the fixes to all the powers in all classes, the game is basically reset, lets see how all the classes interact. Lets have everybody play first and readjust.
    If the changes break the class, I will be with everybody else, demanding correction. But I am not there yet.

Its an MMO and MMO's always change.

And its still just a game.....

CW SS is seeing a 8%+ dps decrease(overall dps not only 1 or 2 spells) from live to test currently that means CW is a support class come mod 13. Why did cryptic tell us they will prevent 1 dps party if they now make it easy to run a 3 buffer ( say sw/dc/cw) 1 tank and 1 dps group in mod 13 (that means we can now easily make a 1 dps party for RED queue's too). Amongst others changes, the meta prevention changes on dc is completely rediculous if you look at that

EDIT : The question should be why did crptic say they will prevent the 1 dps meta in mod 13 when they make it easier
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Yep, great job devs.

You can't even properly explain nor give data to your "testing" for why the CW is being hit so hard with nerfs.

Doesn't it make it you wonder why NW has barely any streamers left and why people are quitting the game constantly? The game isn't growing because the devs make <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> changes based on nothing and ignore the people who play the game daily and support them. I, for one, will never recommend this game to anyone or any game from the company. Its such a shame, I really enjoy the game but you can only take so much. We have provided so much feedback that you blatantly ignore so do not ever say on another stream you guys care about the players and feedback.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Well what else can we say, they've had all the proof and decided to ignore it, this shows the devs dont actually play and test everything like they state before letting it go live. if they are actually sat down to group and play thru the game with each class, testing diferent builds, paragons, encounters, features, gear, enchants, etc on each class, they'd realise how stupid and senseless the changes they try to make are. but well i know they wont so i dont expect anything else from them.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    who new the cw community was such a whiney group? anyone got cheese for them?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    @vordayn regarding ur question in the other thread, here's the answer.
    The dot from survivor’s wraps will proc your reckless attacker feat. This means, whenever you use a daily you’re guaranteed max stacks from reckless attacker. The consistency these provide is why we only aim for 90% crit chance. This reckless attacker consistency far outweighs any stats gained from better gear.

There’s also a small trick you can use to get shield warrior’s wrath stacks in single target. If you use a daily, take a step back, then block for a second, you’ll guard the damage from your survivor wraps. This proc’s shield warrior’s wrath which is another 15% damage boost.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    pterias said:

Nope, not letting this get lost in the old, locked thread. Your internal estimates on the Storm Spell changes are WRONG!

---

Well, if the devs had had the decency to talk to the people that are screaming over this, they might have realized their estimates are completely hamstered. I thought the same thing they did until I actually tested it and found it was much worse. The proc rate has dropped dramatically, and even having high crit/severity doesn't make up for it. Everyone is assuming the SS offhand feature is what's causing the drop, but it's not! I'm not even using that (because I didn't realize it was bugged in our favor), and my proc rate is plummeting anyway.

***snippity snip***

But please, do tell me more about how I'm not getting nerfed.

@terramak @asterdahl @balanced#2849

I've tested it as well, and I agree, your changes and your theory that it is a slight buff is incorrect. I won't repost my data values, they are here in the forum but I am not the only one watching.

Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.

> @patcherrkm said:

> who new the cw community was such a whiney group? anyone got cheese for them?

*Knew

If you are going to come in here with a feeble insult at least spell correctly.

wen u kant atak the argooment atak teh spelin congrats ur a tool!
    vordayn said:

> @patcherrkm said:

*Knew

What argument did you have in the first place? Calling CWs whiney isn't an argument.
    My observation wasnt focused at an individual. Just an observation that the entire CW community is flipping out.
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Thats what happens when a large population of players is wronged and then ignored. Want to see the polite posts head back a few weeks and read the posts from the patch notes when this first came out. Posts at that time were largely (certainly not all, but ... internetz) technical and generally polite.

It takes a while, but people eventually learn that the devs aren't listening, so whats left is to vent and attempt to continue the energy for the conversation instead of letting it be buried in new patch notes posts. If one posts a well researched, documented, corroborated logical and well worded post and leaves it at that.. nothing happens. The only thing that has in recent years gathered any (if minor) response are large scale revolts. Its sad, but its true.

Oh yes, and add me to the chorus of voice calling for a roll back on the CW changes that no one asked for. Especially when you have the likes of GWFs that get their damage boosts, get large amounts of damage from few skills, or GFs that have known dps production bugs to their play. Does that mean I want nerfs to other classes? No. But it does add context to the pointlessness of nerfing a class that was struggling to maintain relevance for anything other than a throw away support role in groups.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2018

vordayn said:

> @patcherrkm said:

*Knew

What argument did you have in the first place? Calling CWs whiney isn't an argument.
    My observation wasnt focused at an individual. Just an observation that the entire CW community is flipping out.
    Yeah it gets pretty bad when you see that the developers of the game that you play:

1) Don't do proper testing - what is calculated mathematically did not pan out in actual data collection
    2) Ignore other classes' overperforming abilities/powers and target the CW specifically
    3) Said they will do something about the lowered proc rate for certain enchantments for the CW, yet in the process debuff the CWs i.e. the opposite of what is intended, and in effect, a double nerf
    4) Go ahead with the nerf despite numerous, tested and valid feedback
    5) Apply "logic" to the CW and this nerf which does not make any sense
    6) Actually said it was a nerf and went ahead with it anyway (even though we have told them the SS CW as a dps class is performing very average in comparison to other classes in mod 12b already)

Is the above whining? I think they are all valid points, not one of which a dev has really answered adequately.
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @pterias you realize that your Kessel run on preview was half a minute faster then on live with a 6% higher average DPS. I can't see a nerf there, sorry.
    Concerning your single target, why don't you try the new single target MoF Oppressor with Shatterstrike. Would be interresting to see how this compares to the current live single target setup.
    Post edited by demolitioninc#2453 on
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I'm also doubtful about CW changes reducing their damage. So far, it looks like most people only read "storm spell damage is reduced by 30%" and didn't read or try anything else.

@pterias thank you for gathering this data. What I can gather from it that SS hits harder but less often, its overall damage seems to be unchanged. On the other hand icy terrain got a big boost since it can hit frozen targets. I'd say your overall DPS was somewhat higher on preview but it's hard to say since durations aren't really reliable, sample sizes are different and several skills changed at the same time.

As @demolitioninc#2453 pointed out there may be new options available for single target damage where the fix to icy terrain won't change anything.
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Just to view this mod's changes from an overall viewpoint, it can be easily seen from the comments on patch note threads that the biggest issue people have with this latest mod is the changes with CW.

Wouldn't it be easy enough to at least scale back the change of 0.3 damage reduction to a lower value? Then a little more time could be taken before the next class rebalancing to decide how to strengthen other areas of the CW (if there's still such a set stance on SS being less of a main component for CWs damage.)
This discussion has been closed.