test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180212a.1

13»

Comments

• baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User

There is no cw nerf and fixed some issues storm spell had.
    *snippity snip*

Oh yes, the storm spell critical would be AWESOME if the PROC RATE wasn't nerfed. Yes you hit harder but for less often. This is the NERF.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

*snippity snip*

Oh yes, the storm spell critical would be AWESOME if the PROC RATE wasn't nerfed. Yes you hit harder but for less often. This is the NERF.
    According to the devs, the proc rate post fix might be bugged. We'll see if that's true or not.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

*snippity snip*

The offhand feature says storm spell has a 5% chance to deliver an additional strike.
    On live the additional hit can critical. IN most logs i saw 9% to 11% of the time the storm spells were critical hit so offhand hit.

IS more like a fix to a bug than a nerf.
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    On live its a 5% chance to proc off of all damage soruces, thats why you are seeing 9% ish crit hits.

On preview, it has a 5% chance to proc off a Storm Spell hit. This effectively means it has a 1.5% chance to proc at all.

From what balanced said on Reddit, it seems the Storm Spell off hand bonus should have a 5% chance to proc on an encounter/daily/at will and it shouldn't depend on the Storm Spell proc proccing. This of course reduces its damage but is certainly better than the 1.5% chance to proc
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    the artiffact decanter atropal essence can change the stats a litle for life steal, power, armor penetration, its better than life steal, armor penetration, movement. Life steal and Armor pen are goods for many class but movement not ist good if even more usefull deflection chance or stamina for GF or any tank than movement
  • unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @mamalion1234, @ejziponken

Hey CW buffers, just try to find a party to the Tomb as CW. Try to call about 1-2 hours in chat. Try to collect a suppots who want to go with CW. And you will understand what CW is))
    Drider // guild "The Wolves" // (GF, DC) = 80к gear+
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    . delete please, sorry.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    This is BIG nerf for lower gear CW in the end...

and if is indeed a buff for hight end players (i dont think soo but i cant say since i'm not one of them) i dont think that nerf the lower gear and buff hight end is a good way to tend to a "power creep" issue...

btw, Tks @ejziponken for the AMA text, that helped a lot to understand theyr "objective"...
    edited February 2018
    unq#3642 said:

@mamalion1234, @ejziponken

Hey CW buffers, just try to find a party to the Tomb as CW. Try to call about 1-2 hours in chat. Try to collect a suppots who want to go with CW. And you will understand what CW is))

Some of the poeple are brainwashed from the videos poeple non stop post in ally chats-channel chats. IS funny the same poeple call cw viable ( ofcourse cw is viable) but never saw them to post any video with a cw .

The best one you can do is to make your own party and show them what a cw can do in a party. That i did always and never had problems to find a party as cw.

As damage dealer single target i play the inferior master of flame since the smolder do not get boost on live not even from feytouch unlike storm spell and still the run is not slow:).
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Oops, I meant to post this here last night instead of in Genpop... I mean General Discussion. It was late. :tongue:

---

Well, if the devs had had the decency to talk to the people that are screaming over this, they might have realized their estimates are completely hamstered. I thought the same thing they did until I actually tested it and found it was much worse. The proc rate has dropped dramatically, and even having high crit/severity doesn't make up for it. Everyone is assuming the SS offhand feature is what's causing the drop, but it's not! I'm not even using that (because I didn't realize it was bugged in our favor), and my proc rate is plummeting anyway.

SS Renegade with 85% crit% (+Chaos Magic), 132% severity, 25% CA.

AoE setup (CoI(Tab), IT, Dis, ST) in Kessel's:
    Live:

Preview:

Equaling a proc rate drop of 30%, overall SS damage drop of ~8%.

Single target setup (CoI(Tab), RoE, Dis, CS) in the Cold Run "Out of Supplies" weekly:
    Live:

Preview:

Equaling a proc rate drop of 31%, overall SS damage drop of 12%. (I know the sample size on this one is pretty small, but it's perfectly in line with the other results)

But please, do tell me more about how I'm not getting nerfed.

@terramak @asterdahl @balanced#2849
    edited February 2018
    pterias said:

Oops, I meant to post this here last night instead of in Genpop... I mean General Discussion. It was late. :tongue:

---

Well, if the devs had had the decency to talk to the people that are screaming over this, they might have realized their estimates are completely hamstered. I thought the same thing they did until I actually tested it and found it was much worse. The proc rate has dropped dramatically, and even having high crit/severity doesn't make up for it. Everyone is assuming the SS offhand feature is what's causing the drop, but it's not! I'm not even using that (because I didn't realize it was bugged in our favor), and my proc rate is plummeting anyway.

SS Renegade with 85% crit% (+Chaos Magic), 132% severity, 25% CA.

AoE setup (CoI(Tab), IT, Dis, ST) in Kessel's:
    Live:

Preview:

Equaling a proc rate drop of 30%, overall SS damage drop of ~8%.

Single target setup (CoI(Tab), RoE, Dis, CS) in the Cold Run "Out of Supplies" weekly:
    Live:

Preview:

Equaling a proc rate drop of 31%, overall SS damage drop of 12%. (I know the sample size on this one is pretty small, but it's perfectly in line with the other results)

But please, do tell me more about how I'm not getting nerfed.

@terramak @asterdahl @balanced#2849

btw you were faster on preview based on your timers aoe part.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    so a class feature cant cover 20-35% of ur damage while aura of courage can cover up to 40%. Oh Not to mention the HANDPIECE, SURVIVORS WRAPS covering 20-45% damage for gf. when we had something similar with lostmauth it got insta nerf. Great!
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
    edited February 2018
    lardeson said:

so a class feature cant cover 20-35% of ur damage while aura of courage can cover up to 40%. Oh Not to mention the HANDPIECE, SURVIVORS WRAPS covering 20-45% damage for gf. when we had something similar with lostmauth it got insta nerf. Great!

Yes and the big difference between lostmauth and wraps is all class could benefit but this one greatly boost gf damage.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Im just waiting to see how bad it is once it finally goes live and if there is still no word from the devs about a fix/solution then im going to have to finally pack it up and quit.

This isn't the kind of game where if they nerf one character you can just go make another, people invest time and money into getting their character where they want it and just like that devs can come in and ruin all your time trying to progress.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    lardeson said:

How does it do that?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2018
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited February 2018

I was more familiar with it the second time and wasn't wasting as much time between fights. I hadn't run Kessel's in like 2 years.

I was more fluid with the Cold Run weekly and it took longer the second time even though I felt like I was more focused the second time. Enemies clearly felt like they were melting a bit slower during both on preview.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    pterias said:

I was more familiar with it the second time and wasn't wasting as much time between fights. I hadn't run Kessel's in like 2 years.
    It's not like it was exceptionally faster, about 20 seconds or so
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
This discussion has been closed.