test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview with the CM - Activities Poll

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2018 in News & Announcements
This Friday I will be on Preview with my lvl 70 CW and would love to have players join me for some fun! To make the most of time, I'm taking a poll of activities we can do. Voting ends tomorrow, Wednesday February 21 at 5pm PT.

Note: I am very rusty at PvP so if this category wins, I may limit it to a couple runs and switch to something else to minimize my shame.

Preview with the CM - Activities Poll 104 votes

Free-style World Explore
3% 4 votes
Run new short content multiple times with different groups
7% 8 votes
Run new longer content (limited to 1-2 runs for time)
37% 39 votes
Run older short content multiple times with different groups
1% 2 votes
Run older longer content (limited to 1-2 runs for time)
1% 2 votes
PvP
47% 49 votes

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Note: I am very rusty at PvP so if this category wins, I may limit it to a couple runs and switch to something else to minimize my shame.

You shouldn't have said that. You really shouldn't have said that.
    I added it when I saw that PvP was already ahead haha..figured I'd be honest about it :)
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    probably K/D ratio will be like 0/40. It will be fun to see it haha. Ofcourse vote for pvp. maybe finally this part of the game will have some more atention?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Pvp should get some light shined on it.... so shame or not keep playing.. just like we do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Hopefully playing PvP will highlight things about it that could be fixed for the better
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2018

why vote pvp?
    if people only know what is happening in pvp :neutral:

and you asked and answered your own question there lol ... people do know what is happening it is the devs that need to be shown lol

@nitocris83

we will give you the option to get out of pvp if and only if you are on the roster for the pvp with the devs event that would be more efficient use of your time.
    and that being said time for commenting on the pvp with the devs thread ...if not welcome to solo pvp hell with no devs at your back ...*hulk smash*

so if participating in pvp is shameful to you why not work on getting the devs to play for the event instead and comment in that thread unless pvp is shameful for the devs too ?

and again if people vote for pvp in this thread what is your plan for the format ??? same thing and question like in the e other thread that YOU did not participate in .. ...now your hand is forced LOLZ..unless you get a whole bunch of other accounts to swing the vote : D

what is the roster how many devs will be playing pvp with the devs etc march is almost here ...you would not want to disappoint the community now would you ...would you ??? checkmate !

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1237916/new-pvp-with-the-devs-event-nitocris83

predicting right here in this thread and I hope I am wrong that there will be no pvp with the devs event or it will get pushed to forever and you will not pvp either I bet you a hampster : D that "things will come up* they always do when it comes to pvp even the dev mimmicking said Pvp could use some love
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    My vote won't surprise anyone, PVP all the way. :3

I have heard that some of the staff play a little bit of PVP but I get the impression that this is more casual sporadic gameplay rather than a regular thing for them. A lot of Cryptic staff members have left or been relocated to other games over the years as well. Other parts of this game also recieve a lot more attention and updates than PVP does. Because of this, I am doubtful that Cryptic's staff knows much about this game's PVP. A better understanding of it would make PVP much easier to adjust and would make class balancing easier as well.

Obviously having people on the staff regularly play PVP would be ideal but I don't know if this is doable or not. I'm guessing Cryptic's staff don't have a lot of freetime for this and many may not be interested in playing PVP.

Nonetheless, if anyone on Cryptic's staff wants a better understanding of PVP, be it for fun or for making future adjustments, I would suggest getting experienced members of PVP community to teach you the ropes and take you with them for matches. Things like current PVP builds, basic PVP strategy, mechanics, and current issues would be good things to brush up on.

If that isn't doable, then I still strongly encourage the staff to ask the PVP community a lot of questions if they can't start playing PVP themselves.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    edited February 2018
    Did not expect it ?? the pvp vote now plan for the contingency .... :P

you should have been already planning for the pvp with the devs event ...

get us a new pvp map and you are off the hook and you can do pve on the preview server we will let you off easy : D
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Tong non meta group. Just make TONG in non meta group. You dont need more to know whats wrong in PVE.
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

I'd like to see a non-meta TONG group run of players with averagely 12k gear score because this is the gear you people reccomend to run it, within 30 minutes time.

This!
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Sorry, 0 cares for PVP as it's beyond saving at this point.

I'm going to echo those above me. TONG with a non-meta group that meets the RQ group comp requirements. Close to min IL. No endless supply of mass scrolls of life either.

Just going into TONG as if it was your first cherry run with a random PUG group and you have no idea what's coming your way.

And once that's done IF that gets done, you can jump into a quick Cradle with the same requirements. Min IL, handful of scrolls because I feel generous, non-meta group, etc.
    edited February 2018
    etelgrin said:

I'd like to see a non-meta TONG group run of players with averagely 12k gear score because this is the gear you people reccomend to run it, within 30 minutes time.

PvP would be also nice to watch, like I could watch 1 round but no more because it should be enough of embarrasement if it even gets picked as one of these activities. I hope you get some top TR or GF players on your opposite site, maybe it would make a change even if the changes are prolly slim.

Hijacking my suggestions are we lol : D + 1
    How do the devs actually calculate min level needed and completion time for content

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13018743

I think a non meta TONG group would be even more humiliating then pvp lol glad to see every one is onboard as well

and every time a player dies/ or the party wipes an epic mount gets given away : D

• theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Lol
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    the moment when people who feel disheartened take all thier rage out poor julia so gonna suffer during play with CM whether it's PVP or tong i hope some fixes are gotten in
    edited February 2018

the moment when people who feel disheartened take all thier rage out poor julia so gonna suffer during play with CM whether it's PVP or tong i hope some fixes are gotten in

you learn fast young padawan :D
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

This Friday I will be on Preview with my lvl 70 CW and would love to have players join me for some fun!

...for some fun!

I didn't read that as to prove a point for forum people or to highlight problems...

Pretty sure she has read more about the problems you guys are talking about than anyone at Cryptic, so what would be the point of trying to rub her nose in it?

If she felt like there was something to be gained by logging in and having someone show her what's wrong, I'm sure that would have been asked, but it wasn't

Think of what would be FUN, guys! You remember having FUN, right?
  • darksbain#8646 darksbain Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I voted for t9g;omu that way she can take some time off,lv 70 cw ss will never get invite:)
    I really dont get it why shoot yourself in the foot and put pvp up for a vote as a possible activity when you know you have a pvp with the devs event scheduled / to schedule that was announced on live stream ....unless that is the hint that it will not be scheduled / swept under the rug
  • I chose PVP only because that's my thing, however playing any content will highlight the challenges we all face.

I must say that it is sad that this is "event" and not just a common occurrence.
    edited February 2018
    is she not the front person to be handing out prizes and co ordinating events ? everyone loves her for her cool mounts

maybe a pink owlbear this year : D
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User

This Friday I will be on Preview with my lvl 70 CW and would love to have players join me for some fun!

...for some fun!

I didn't read that as to prove a point for forum people or to highlight problems...

Pretty sure she has read more about the problems you guys are talking about than anyone at Cryptic, so what would be the point of trying to rub her nose in it?

If she felt like there was something to be gained by logging in and having someone show her what's wrong, I'm sure that would have been asked, but it wasn't

Think of what would be FUN, guys! You remember having FUN, right?
    People have clearly forgotten the purpose of "GAMING" is to "PLAY" a "GAME" for "FUN" and "RECREATION" - apparently they measure their self worth by it....sad really...
This discussion has been closed.