test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is GF a good claas to play again?

warui0warui0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi, i used to play some time ago like a GF but i get bored and left becouse this class become useless by the dev's, is this now a more balanced class to play or still the dev team have over-powered the GWF and WIZ and GF are not needed for anything?

Comments

• modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    warui0 said:

Hi, i used to play some time ago like a GF but i get bored and left becouse this class become useless by the dev's, is this now a more balanced class to play or still the dev team have over-powered the GWF and WIZ and GF are not needed for anything?

this is not balanced class- this is Overpowered class.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @warui0 said:
    > Hi, i used to play some time ago like a GF but i get bored and left becouse this class become useless by the dev's, is this now a more balanced class to play or still the dev team have over-powered the GWF and WIZ and GF are not needed for anything?

Without having any other information, your posts suggests that you played before the Mod 4 changes or at least before Mod 6 changes the game. It is safe to say that nearly every epic dungeon party will have a tank now. The Paladin class is somewhat more preferred in endgame dungeons but GF can still do the job. Guardians as tanks arent as easy to play as Paladins but are still reasonably secure from getting rebalanced (the above posters are talking GF as DPS which is another issue) IMO they are also more fun.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    warui0 said:

After the Loudout thing the worst part of being a GF tank was gone, since you can make a "dps" for leveling and a Tank or buffer for dungeons

OP is also good, most people preffer OP for tanking in endgame dungeons today (i mean FBI MSP and TONG), but GF is still fun, or i can say is more fun to play since now you can kill stuff running solo and just change to another loudout for dungeons...
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    warui0 said:

WIZ (CW) is no longer over-powered, that was a few years ago a least. GWF is beastly for dps currently.

If you are wanting to tank most players prefer Paladins to GF's nowadays if you look at different chat channels. People ask for "buff GF" which always makes me chuckle, but that topic is covered in other threads. Lately people in my own guild don't want me to tank the current hardest dungeon (Tomb of the Nine Gods) on my GF they want a Paladin, even though I can tank it just fine and keep ITF up 100%.
  • warui0warui0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks all for the answer.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    manipulos said:

If you are wanting to tank most players prefer Paladins to GF's nowadays if you look at different chat channels. People ask for "buff GF" which always makes me chuckle, but that topic is covered in other threads. Lately people in my own guild don't want me to tank the current hardest dungeon (Tomb of the Nine Gods) on my GF they want a Paladin, even though I can tank it just fine and keep ITF up 100%.

This is sad but true. I'm a tank first (dr capped with highish lifesteal), and buffing/dps second (depending on what companion i'm currently using). And it's very difficult to find a group that will take me as their only tank and almost every pug NEEDS an OP.

I'm not saying GFs can't find groups, they are almost always welcome/wanted. But in this current meta you are better off playing as a full DPS and buffer or even just straight up DPS. We all know that the only reason people want GFs is for ITF. Without it GFs would be right at the bottom of the pile.

Unfortunately the only fix I can see is if OPs got a nerf on their buffing ability, so groups would either choose a more reliable tank or a better buffer (when talking about the average pugger GF vs OP). This will free up a slot for another dps/buffer class which is sorely needed in the current state of the game.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hello!

GF always was a fun and good class to play (support classes are always in need) but the big problem with GF was the fact that dailies took forever (I look at you Icewind Dale!) and progressing in campaigns while having tank build was a nightmare.

Since loadouts came in, life got easier and campaigns are easy doable since you can swap between tactician/prot and conqueror builds.

Class requires some mastery but propably every class does. You need to work on timing, buff/debuff awareness and most of all - protecting your party if you're the tank.

I main HR and GF, I love both classes and they are a give me a great variety of playstyles I can manage with them. Jump on the GF train and ride with us. Tons of friendly people on this subforum and we will definitely help you with your doubts.