test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Not in 2018 and probably not in 2019 based on Foss in "State of the game".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User

Not in 2018 and probably not in 2019 based on Foss in "State of the game".

That's utterly ridiculous... They should remove the "coming soon" paceholder, then, because 2020 is anything but "soon".
    edited February 2018
    Relatively speaking, comparing with other 'ridiculous' things, this is not even within the 'ridiculous' radar.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User

Relatively speaking, comparing with other 'ridiculous' things, this is not even within the 'ridiculous' radar.

While that is true, a new class would definitely breathe more life into the game right now. You can only keep adding campaigns for so long...
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    The comming soon is similar to the thread that is posted talking about what class you want next, is something that is there to provide hope and keep the users playing with faith that the game is progressing. The reality is that there like a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of getting a new class in the next 10 decades and each time people try to force the devs to talk about the subject on the streams they push the "ignore playerbase" button and keep talking about anything else they want to talk pretending they didnt see those comments.

Basically, the Module 1 was launched 4 and half years ago (2013-08-22), during the next 20 months after that they released the HR (2013-12-05, Mod 2), the SW (2014-08-14, Mod 4) and the OP (2015-04-07, Mod 6) classes so its about 1 class each 7 months and 4 races (drow, sun elf, moon elf and dragonborn) and then in the next 34 months not a single class or race. During those almost 3 years already they have been focusing on "balancing" and BTW on the next mod they will nerf the damage of the last strong DPS caster (the StormSpell CW) and increase the damage (with new BiS items from hunts) of the melee classes like GWF, GF or HR combat.

*facepalm*
    zogara said:

While that is true, a new class would definitely breathe more life into the game right now. You can only keep adding campaigns for so long...
    The problem is it is not necessary up to them. They need to fulfil their obligation of the WoTC license and have to add those campaigns and if they have spare time and will power after that, then they can do X, Y, Z.
  • lukeew#2377 lukeew Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think a gunslinger could be nice with double guns B)
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

I think a gunslinger could be nice with double guns B)

No such class in Forgotten realms tho. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Classes
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Interesting, Cleric (Templar) • Fighter (Weaponmaster) • Paladin • Ranger • Rogue (Scoundrel) • Warlock • Warlord • Wizard.... warlord only one we don't have. It looks like a buffing fighter.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    No Bard anytime soon :disappointed:
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    They need to fix the currrent classes first before even thinking about that(esp after the death of cw ss)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Interesting, Cleric (Templar) • Fighter (Weaponmaster) • Paladin • Ranger • Rogue (Scoundrel) • Warlock • Warlord • Wizard.... warlord only one we don't have. It looks like a buffing fighter.

Dont have a buffing fighter? Tact GF
  • sjk2603sjk2603 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Plus the fact that since we have tanks that can dps. Dps that can tank. Heals that, well, dont just heal, but do incredible buffs. Tanks that buff.. Control Wizards that dps and buff (dependant on build).Where does anyone see a new class fitting in with that lot. Imho its only going to be one that we dont need.

zogara said:

The problem is it is not necessary up to them. They need to fulfil their obligation of the WoTC license and have to add those campaigns and if they have spare time and will power after that, then they can do X, Y, Z.
    The real problem is that you are buying into the dev speak here. If they need six years to add a new class then I would want a better explanation of why.
    Personally, it does not matter to me. When I master all 8 classes with various paths, I will be asking.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

New Class: End-Gamer

Love it all. Someone get this guy a job at Cryptic so we can make this happen!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i play tactican GF
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    didn't say we didn't have a buffing fighter, i said we didn't have the warlord class, unless that is the GF
  • mistsenseimistsensei Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Sadly with the state of the other classes I don't think that there are the resources and personel available to work on a new class and add it to the game unless it is a copy paste of another class and just make different visual effects for it. I 'm laso geting the feeling that they have kinda lost control of the progress of some classes (hinting at CW changes) but that might be just me. :|

At the very best you might see at some point a new race available at the Zen store but as far as a new class goes well it's most likely that we will see the End-Gamer class mentioned above by @preechr#2215 than an actual normal class. But there are some mmorpg and some simple rpg games out there to play some other classes, try a good modded skyrim :p .

This is really a topic on the /ignore_list, I could easily have the "Sound of Silense" playing and some memes going around in the background when I come across this topic... Hello darkness...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Coming Soon" has been trolling players since Beta.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

"Coming Soon" has been trolling players since Beta.

"coming soon" is fine as long as it doesn't get in the eyes.

On a side note, I heard that a new class won't even come as a part of a mod. That true?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    hey, that was Danny Devito's line in Romancing the Stones, "How soon is soon?"
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Sadly with the state of the other classes I don't think that there are the resources and personel available to work on a new class and add it to the game unless it is a copy paste of another class [...]

Actually if they took some of the effects and abilities from some companions, they could reduce some programming and dev time. Like the Moonbow companion or alchemist, many affects are already there.

• badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    With all the emphasis in the last few years on releasing new modules/areas for play I doubt we'll EVER see a new class in this game at this point!
  • zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    how about a char like the Eagle man ingame
  • szymson92szymson92 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Something else - Dread Necromancer.
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I have three character class for Developers. A short description of each classes and 3 variants(?) with possible characteristic/spells asssociation with them, as follows:

(?) Duelist Avenger: A combination of Rogue/fighterman with sabre/rapier/foil in one hand and with buckler/target(small shield) or dagger/sabre/rapier or blocking gauntlet (etc) in the other. For long distance, crossbow and when not in uses, scrap by he/her side in crossbow holder. Armor up to breastplate (?).
    1) Witchhunter/Inquisitor: this variant would take care of all the "Evil" out there and all of the abilities(?) to do it.
    2) Sabre/Rapier/Fence Master: Combative-wise and all of the abilities(?) to go with it.
    3) Hitman/Assassin: Clandestine abilities(?) with special Class quest like Pirri's (the Swift) hit or "X"-rock encounter.

(?) Enchanter: Inspired by Red-wizard charactistic, the class use magic to pure energy to form "force-field", animate object/things and create psychic illusions.
    1) Conjurer/Sorcerer: pure "(old) Disney 'Sorcerer Apprentice'" stuff with animate object, rock, arrows, (etc); create "Dancing Blade/Shield" (out of ?"force-field"?); create ice/earth/metal shards (etc).
    2) Illusion/Psyche: Spell like "Mirror-image" where each images cast magic, "Nightmare" (is it real or of the mind), invisible stalker, (etc).
    3) Necromancer/Golemancer: Animate Undead and (temporary) golem out of earth, snow, rock, (so on), (etc)

This last Character Class, Eldritch Druid, need some explicating. This druid was envision from my DungeonMaster days back in the early 1980's, before the official "Druid" class was known (or least, I don't know about it). I read about it since then (didn't like it) and the Eldritch Druid is what I know (as follow):

Eldritch Druid: "Long before cities was form...even Elvian one...(and before Wizard and Cleric classes) there was Eldritch Druid. Master of Nature with simple, but effective magic, have affinity with animals (and "shapecharge" into one), have excessive knowledge Herbial Medicine, (etc)" (I tell my player just think about this character class has a "Treehugging Hippie" with a nature thing?). This druid uses oakenstaff as a focus to cast magic and use as a awesome Quarterstaff-combat (like give-me-some-room or "Shillelagh"). Armor for this class upto and include cloth-base brigandine or scale (not leather or leather-base armor...naturalist thing). It three variants are:
    1) Master of Nature: Earthquake (bang her/his oakenstaff into the ground), Fireball, Lightning Bolt, "Barkskin",(etc).
    2) Sharpchange/animate plant: Sharpchange into dissect animal (bear-fury, lion-furious, deer-speed, etc) and (temporary) animate tree, plant, rock, (etc)
    3) Shaman/Witchcraft: "call-fore" (forcefield) animals, sharpchange others into animals, heal others, (etc)

I hope this help.
    Post edited by astrotiger5 on
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User

I have three character class for Developers.

(?) Duelist:
    1) Witchhunter/Inquisitor: this variant would take care of all the "Evil" out there and all of the abilities(?) to do it.
    2) Sabre/Rapier/Fence Master: Combative-wise and all of the abilities(?) to go with it.
    3) Hitman/Assassin: Clandestine abilities(?) with special Class quest like Pirri's (the Swift) hit or "X"-rock encounter.

(?) Enchanter: Inspired by Red-wizard charactistic
    1) Conjurer/Sorcerer: pure "(old) Disney 'Sorcerer Apprentice'"
    2) Illusion/Psyche:
    3) Necromancer/Golemancer:

Eldritch Druid,
    1) Master of Nature: Earthquake (bang her/his oakenstaff into the ground), Fireball, Lightning Bolt, "Barkskin",(etc).
    2) Sharpchange/animate plant: Sharpchange into dissect animal (bear-fury, lion-furious, deer-speed, etc) and (temporary) animate tree, plant, rock, (etc)
    3) Shaman/Witchcraft: "call-fore" (forcefield) animals, sharpchange others into animals, heal others, (etc)

For what's already in NW, your first two come across better as class paths for existing classes, while being made distinguishable from the existing paths and features. The first two under your Eldritch Druid are the same as the standard Druid archetype, which a lot of players seem very receptive of being added to the class selection list. The Shaman/Witchcrafter poses the question of being a hybrid of CW/DC type skills with a Nature node twist in there.

The only reminder left is content control residing under Wizards of the Coast. If memory is correct, the last three character classes released, in no particular order, were HR, OP, and SW. The silence from the devs suggests the current classes were the approved from Wizards from 5th edition rules to start with. When you look over the gambit of companions, you can find Bards, as in the minstrel and Lillend, Druids, specifically a Moonshae Druid, but not a Monk class. To me, the components for a Bard and Druid are in game already, but lack the decision power to bring them forth as character classes, which does require some work. Yet, I don't think as much work as we players might imagine.
  • moondog8677moondog8677 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'd LOVE to see a good old fashioned monk.
    I had a high level monk in Baldur's Gate 2 that could one hit kill a black dragon.
    Nothing like an unarmed kill!