test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180207a.1

12346»

Comments

• baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User

Thanks, that's useful data, not just speculation.

The 2 key things I notice in your Data are the lower proc rate for SS and likely far more important the much, much lower minimum hit value.

Over all based on the data you provided the build you have seems to have performed better in terms of how hard it hit and so on, the glaring exception is that minimum hit value on SS.

So my first thought is that the devs should look at adjusting the effective range of SS so that the minimum value is not so small so the power is less swingy. If that is not possible then a buff of about 30% from the current values (ie 1.3x current values not up to 60% of the prior values) and the power looks like it should be closer meeting expectations.

ie at the moment its a little weak, but not as badly gutted as this thread has tried to imply compared to live.

Agreed. But remember, this is just stormspell damage. It's really about the same (or a bit less) on preview server than it is on the live server. But we also have to factor in (eventually) the reduction of procs for weapon enchantment. If this change goes through my main will be parked, and all will be transferred to another toon. This has been my main for 4 years. I have fought long and hard and spent a lot to keep it competitive. After this...well I am not sure what I'll do.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

> snip
    So, you say there is no overpowered class at the moment, what do you call a DPS GF hitting for 600+ million? A strong class isn't as bad as a weak class? So, every class should hit for 600 million? Im not sure what you are going on about but you shouldn't be talking about balance.

There is always going to be a meta but that doesn't mean one DPS should be vastly superior to another DPS, even with BiS gear and group. I can't imagine the kind of tears that will fall when GWF takes a huge nerf. I bet you won't be in here posting with that same smug attitude. Im done with this though, you came in here only to call people "whiners" and to add nothing to the convorsation.

No, the class itself wasn't a problem. GFs didn't hit this hard a few mods ago, but now they do - even tho NOTHING was changed about them ever since the ITF and Anvil nerf I think. The problem is the buff stacking. The problem is HAMSTER like Soul Sight Crystal. 50% bonus damage, you having a laugh?

@mynaam

Relentless battle fury? You sure about that?
    Besides, as @spidey#3367 pointed out, you're kinda contradicting yourself. But oh well. And no, this ain't a direct buff for GWFs. It's a buff to whoever wants to use lightning.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @spidey#3367 said:
    > Are we playing the same game?
    >
    > Dunno. Why? GWF is like easy arcade mode in Neverwinter...
    >
    > I think you never played an OP, my friend. Banedin or!! Tankadin...try it. And ofc you never played a GWF. Sry. Lemme guess:
    > For all the other classes you need much mor skill, movement etc...etc...bla bla bla.... You can borrow it to your twelve-year-old nephew while smoking and still have top dps!
    >
    >
    > Sure about it? Maybe you do some research on YT and you will see which class is op in DPS. So stop whining about another classes if you dont know what your talking my friend. Keep "fighting" about theese CW changes and stop claiming about other classes! This thread is about changes at CWs. Dont claim wrong accusations plz. Thx.

Are you joking?

What on a GWF takes much skill to understand? There is a reason its the most popular and most played class, its almost brain dead easy to play and does a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of damage. We are focused on the CW changes, of course, but when they are buffing an already OP class and nerfing weaker classes than it makes you wonder what is going on and make people feel just outright insulted. If you don't think a GWF with lightning is just pure 100% easy mode you must be crazy.

I have an OP, as well. I would love to hear your explanation as to how an OP is easier to play than a GWF.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited February 2018

> @spidey#3367 said:

> Are we playing the same game?

>

> Dunno. Why? GWF is like easy arcade mode in Neverwinter...

>

> I think you never played an OP, my friend. Banedin or!! Tankadin...try it. And ofc you never played a GWF. Sry. Lemme guess:

> For all the other classes you need much mor skill, movement etc...etc...bla bla bla.... You can borrow it to your twelve-year-old nephew while smoking and still have top dps!

>

>

> Sure about it? Maybe you do some research on YT and you will see which class is op in DPS. So stop whining about another classes if you dont know what your talking my friend. Keep "fighting" about theese CW changes and stop claiming about other classes! This thread is about changes at CWs. Dont claim wrong accusations plz. Thx.

Are you joking?

What on a GWF takes much skill to understand? There is a reason its the most popular and most played class, its almost brain dead easy to play and does a HAMSTER ton of damage. We are focused on the CW changes, of course, but when they are buffing an already OP class and nerfing weaker classes than it makes you wonder what is going on and make people feel just outright insulted. If you don't think a GWF with lightning is just pure 100% easy mode you must be crazy.

I have an OP, as well. I would love to hear your explanation as to how an OP is easier to play than a GWF.

You know what? HAMSTER it. I dont have time to argue with you. Enjoy your day.
  • valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I guess devs kinda hate CW... Why on earth they made a class depending on semi-control mechanics and then mitigate control ability? It's like quickly-dissappearing-from-dungeon-mobs-chill-depending CW dps is way too high.
    (Here's a hint - it is not, the main damage in 12b comes from lightning enchantment, not from powers)
    And of course Chill strike damage need to be reduced... Completely understandable. But it is going to be kinda useless like an entangling force. But at the same time SW Hadar's grasp is feeling fine, right? No control to immuned targets, only non-mitigated damage?
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    CW Bug:

Steal Time cannot multi proc weapon enchantments at all.

This is a bug because its a short channelling power. It even says 'Channelling' when you cast it.

There are many bugs with CW powers and weapon enchantments, however this one should be prioritised because of the changes needed to multi proc.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

If you don't think a GWF with lightning is just pure 100% easy mode you must be crazy.

Another "x" presser ingame with no clue. Be quiet plz and talk about things you know plz.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    mynaam said:

EDIT : Cheatmode = Destroyer GWF

No one is keeping you from running Instigator GWF. It is probably more...interesting.
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    @fightdawalrus#5058
    How OP is easier to play then GWF solo - well in my OP I do one divine call - just jump in the middle of the mobs - hit circle of power - hit templars wrath - burning light - watch everything die - if not dead - hit TW and BL again - I don't even have to move. When they hit me they increase my power to 110K - and have more then 700k Temp HP.
    On a GWF you still have to move around to evade the red areas, otherwise you are dead. Looking at your comments, I assume you are one of these bad GWF's that have no truen understanding of the class. Try playing GWF endgame is a whole different story. I find my CW easier to play, because all chill stacks and arcane stacks just come up by themselves - no need to watch them. On a GWF, try too manage all different ICD for the self buff stacks - 25sec destroyer purpose - 20 sec mark - 8 sec hidden daggers - 4 sec WMS buff - 8 sec battle fury plus the normal destroyer stacks - after done all that you need to watch your buff bar to see if BTS, FF, Longstriders or GF buffs show up.
    I just had a friend going from GF to GWF - having your simple thinking - play GWF and win. He stopped because he realized playing GF is easier, because he doesn't die so much (just raise your shield) and he can dish out more damage on single targets.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
    @demolitioninc#2453

Thx for that explanation. I still think it wont stop @fightdawalrus#5058 in his rage against the GWFs, but you tried to enlight him. So thx for that.
    > @demolitioninc#2453 said:
    > @fightdawalrus#5058
    > How OP is easier to play then GWF solo - well in my OP I do one divine call - just jump in the middle of the mobs - hit circle of power - hit templars wrath - burning light - watch everything die - if not dead - hit TW and BL again - I don't even have to move. When they hit me they increase my power to 110K - and have more then 700k Temp HP.
    > On a GWF you still have to move around to evade the red areas, otherwise you are dead. Looking at your comments, I assume you are one of these bad GWF's that have no truen understanding of the class. Try playing GWF endgame is a whole different story. I find my CW easier to play, because all chill stacks and arcane stacks just come up by themselves - no need to watch them. On a GWF, try too manage all different ICD for the self buff stacks - 25sec destroyer purpose - 20 sec mark - 8 sec hidden daggers - 4 sec WMS buff - 8 sec battle fury plus the normal destroyer stacks - after done all that you need to watch your buff bar to see if BTS, FF, Longstriders or GF buffs show up.
    > I just had a friend going from GF to GWF - having your simple thinking - play GWF and win. He stopped because he realized playing GF is easier, because he doesn't die so much (just raise your shield) and he can dish out more damage on single targets.

I love your attempt to give an overly exaggerated attempt at making the GWF appear as a class that takes a mastermind to play.

Im at work so im going to keep this comment short for now, your whole argument seems to be thinking GWF are hard to play because of cooldowns....just like any other class. Its ironic cause I can think of multiple GWF's who were some monsters in damage quit playing the class because they said it was "too easy and boring." A GWF with Lightning (in T9G) could destroy mobs by closing their eyes and mashing buttons. If you wish to discuss further lets do it through messages.

Also, Spidey, you already gave up and said "have a nice a day." No need to comment after someone else if you couldn't even provide your own argument.
    edited February 2018

Its ironic cause I can think of multiple GWF's who were some monsters in damage quit playing the class because they said it was "too easy and boring."

Ofc...you know "monster" GWFs ^^

A GWF with Lightning (in T9G) could destroy mobs by closing their eyes and mashing buttons.

Mmmhhh....so trash DPS is the new benchmark for DPS? Mmmhhh.....ok...so if i send you some ACT logs where other classes than an GWF made huge DPS on trash, they are "eye close" players too?

Also, Spidey, you already gave up and said "have a nice a day." No need to comment after someone else if you couldn't even provide your own argument.

Maybe you can quote where i did say "have a nice day" to you, to remind me where i "gave up" (didnt know that its a give up thing if i wish some oen a nice day..). Didnt know this is a competition.
    BTW: Provide my arguments? Sure...check YT.

Well I for a fact know at least 5 control wizards in my alliance that easily match my GWF or beat him easily in mob fights. We are always joking about the fact that I am still running to the mob while they activated conduit of ice from tab. You could argue I may don't how to play GWF, well that might be true I don't know. Fact is, the only way to be on par with these endgame CW's is, that I am playing 100% perfect.
    So if you are getting beat on the paingiver chart by a large margin by a same item level GWF - I would suggest consulting some senior CW and learn something about your class.
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    btw this interview is interresting. Its a good analysis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=217&v=oTpIxyD_Yps
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    @terramak I hope a fix to TONG is forthcoming, because it's really _______ annoying when one of out of every three runs we get no end chest at the end and have to fight Nsi all over again. And when we can't pull it off a second time, it's REALLY annoying to get kicked when the group gets desperate.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Six pages and nothing from Devs about SS nerf. Or did I miss it? Did they enlighten us with this little gem somewhere else or are they conducting a social experiment to see how many people they can get to rage quit again over their idiotic idea of class ballance. Jeezus guy, you have HAMSTER this path over mod after mod and now you're going in for more. Who the HAMSTER is the total moron that pulled 30% out of their HAMSTER???
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Mmmm... Gwf Talk cx Still, Pally is labeled the easier class to play in my book, (PvE/PvP) nuff said.
    Let's all just make GWF's and live happily ever after.
    edited February 2018

Let's all just make GWF's and live happily ever after.

Or we all stop making wrong complaints and get back to topic. This thread is about the changes from CW.

P.S.:
    Im still waiting for your quote where i said "have a nice day" and gave up ^^. You can send me that per pm. No problem.
  • unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Devs pls up DC damage :( . I think righteous branch should be reworked. And some of the encounter skills you need to increase/add DoT damage which will accelerate and stack on the bosses. Because on the trash is not felt like the bosses. To kill boss as any other main DD for DC it's just pipe dream. I understand that DС is a support class but let in the bottom branch it will be full DD >:) as well as GF (originaly support) in the top branch. Thx)
    Drider // guild "The Wolves" // (GF, DC) = 80к gear+
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    unq#3642 said:

Devs pls up DC damage :( . I think righteous branch should be reworked. And some of the encounter skills you need to increase/add DoT damage which will accelerate and stack on the bosses. Because on the trash is not felt like the bosses. To kill boss as any other main DD for DC it's just pipe dream. I understand that DС is a support class but let in the bottom branch it will be full DD >:) as well as GF (originaly support) in the top branch. Thx)

Not sure if that be a good thing in a pvp case... cx If you face a proper dmg dc the amount of powers they have ticking on your hp is deadly.
  • unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User

unq#3642 said:

Not sure if that be a good thing in a pvp case... cx If you face a proper dmg dc the amount of powers they have ticking on your hp is deadly.
    Agree, it can make DC a very dangerous character in PVP. But:
    1) How much DC as DD you see in PVP now?))
    2) Devs always can make skill design separately for PVP and PVE

... but have to say twice what a few more damage for DC won't be superfluous now even in PVP.

Drider // guild "The Wolves" // (GF, DC) = 80к gear+
    > @spidey#3367 said:
    > Let's all just make GWF's and live happily ever after.
    >
    > Or we all stop making wrong complaints and get back to topic. This thread is about the changes from CW.
    >
    > P.S.:
    > Im still waiting for your quote where i said "have a nice day" and gave up ^^. You can send me that per pm. No problem.

You are beyond salty. You are still attempting to argue with me even after I said I was done with it unless pm'ed. Its kinda sad.

Quit contradicting yourself and saying its about the CW but yet you are going off topic in the same comment.

I can say "lets all make gwf's and live happily ever after" and still be on topic because that appears what the devs want us to do by narrowing down DPS choices with nerfs. So, take your own advice and either stay on topic or message me privately with your salty tears.
  • nomak33nomak33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    modlesie said:

terramak said:

Highlights
    Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance

• Control Wizard
      • Storm Spell: Damage from this effect has been reduced by about 30%.
    Why you hate CW so much? GFs/TRs/GWFs can melt bosses in seconds, they are doing also a much more damage to mobs, why CW nerf again? Really? This is just unimaginable! Who is responsible for these changes? Please, give us some arguments about Control Wizard following nerfs since mod4.
    This.

This change is unnecessary, even with lightning enchantments CW dmg is way far from the monstruous dmg other classes can reach. In fact what CW need is a buff, not more nerfs, and storm spell critting is not really enought.

I wonder if devs bother playing and testing the game or just throw a dice to decide what (and how) to nerf next :-/.
This discussion has been closed.