test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expedition Leader Pack

rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
Just read the blog, and well my only question is... is it an Account unlock or single character?

Comments

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    this is a really good one question.
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User

Just read the blog, and well my only question is... is it an Account unlock or single character?

Most likely single character. And it's 7500 zen, not 75,000 like the typo in the blog

Most likely single character. And it's 7500 zen, not 75,000 like the typo in the blog
    You are right if the full pack was account unlock, but if only the weapons are account unlock?
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    nisckis said:

You are right if the full pack was account unlock, but if only the weapons are account unlock?
    Since the weapons come in a 'pack' with 5 Coal Wards and 20 Blood Rubies, I can only assume they're not Account unlock. Some people have 55 toons so that would mean they would get 275 Coal wards and 1100 Rubies. XD
    @stevedudeman Too bad then, if everything would have been reclaimable only once except the weapons that would having been really great so we could equip the alters.

Obviously if the weapons, coals and rubies come together then there is no way it's account unlocked.

Anyway, it would be great if they could put on sale an account unlock weapon set.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Hmm... but they have broken components apart in packs before between character bound and account bound.
    So why couldn't the blood rubies and c-wards be bound to the first toon?

Don't know, let's hope Julia can throw some light over this.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    mount and companion should be account unlocks like other packs

@nitocris83
    the chultan merchant's headwear doesn't dye, please fix. I love that it works on dragonborn btw but the color is hideaous

@nitocris83
    edited February 2018
    putzboy78 said:

mount and companion should be account unlocks like other packs

@nitocris83

These two are single rewards because they both are Bound on Equip, not Bound on Pickup. There are both of them at AH right now.

edited February 2018

These two are single rewards because they both are Bound on Equip, not Bound on Pickup. There are both of them at AH right now.

You know... it would be nice to say that I am surprised.... but.. really I'm not that they are already up there
    ofc can't be account wide if not bound. It's a give and take, personally think they are worth more as an account wide unlock than for resell
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    If it is account wide, everyone will have to buy it because it will be 5 c-ward for each character. So, it can't be account wide.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    @nitocris83 Julia, can we get some clarification on this please?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Don't care too much about a lot of it. But 5 C-Wards, $50, VIP, $10. Artifact weapons make up the rest of the $75. Not too bad--esp with currency bonus right now and a 15% off coupon....
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    If not a single item in the pack is "account unlock" they have to rename it to "bundle" instead of "pack", because thats the main difference between every "pack" that had companion and mount and a "bundle" that has a companion with some "extras". I had the ZEN already ready to buy it, but I wasnt sure if the weapon were account unlock, now that it seem that nothing is account unlock I would never spend ZEN on that. According to the preview those same weapons are going to be part of a bundle with a companion that is a lot better once the Mod12.C (aka Mod13) is released, so is lot better to wait than throw the money on that "compy".
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    If I buy the pack on two different characters in same account, will I be able to claim the weapons twice also after new mod is here?
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Don't care too much about a lot of it. But 5 C-Wards, $50, VIP, $10. Artifact weapons make up the rest of the $75. Not too bad--esp with currency bonus right now and a 15% off coupon....

I don't think the invoke coupons will work on the current discounted Pack, especially since I looked earlier and the cost actually went up. I only had a 10% off packs voucher but the Expedition Pack changed to 9K when I opened the Zen store.

• benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Ive already bought a pack. Obv cant comment on the weapons yet but can confirm that the part of the pack i have already been able to obtain is not account wide. You can split the pack contents out amoungst your toons, but you only get one of each item across your account not one per character.
    I can also confirm the invoke discount, pack or any item, vouchers do not work whilst the price is already reduced to 7.5k zen as an early bird discount.
  • chtarbouillechtarbouille Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    Bought it and wished the first part was account unlocked(not the coals,rubies and weapons)but come on.....not even the title account-wide....(Cute pets swarm btw i love the alpha c.)
    Sadly I'm not surprised by these turn of events.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    blajev said:

2 days and no one from Cryptic know what and how this pack give/work @.@, gooood job

Normal turnaround on responses is generally about 2-3 months after no one cares anymore so have some patience please.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    benyr said:

Ive already bought a pack. Obv cant comment on the weapons yet but can confirm that the part of the pack i have already been able to obtain is not account wide. You can split the pack contents out amoungst your toons, but you only get one of each item across your account not one per character.

I can also confirm the invoke discount, pack or any item, vouchers do not work whilst the price is already reduced to 7.5k zen as an early bird discount.

THANK YOU for posting this! You saved me 7500 Z.

Every pack prior to this made those elements of the pack account wide unlocks. I was all set to spend the zen assuming this was the same for the new pack until I read this thread.

Given the lack of an official clarification...it does appear that the "Click here for details" blurb is being intentionally vague to fool people into buying what is an expensive ripoff then.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    too expensive for me anyway, i will farm the weapon set that gives "party bonus" and that will not take long from what i've seen on preview...
    the pet look really nice but i can get it from AH anyway...
    I pretty much gave up about getting any type of official response.

And I agree... to expensive for me right now. I would have like to have the companion, and the mount looks cool but.. not going to happen for only one character, sorry.

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

benyr said:

THANK YOU for posting this! You saved me 7500 Z.

Every pack prior to this made those elements of the pack account wide unlocks. I was all set to spend the zen assuming this was the same for the new pack until I read this thread.

Given the lack of an official clarification...it does appear that the "Click here for details" blurb is being intentionally vague to fool people into buying what is an expensive ripoff then.
    While I would agree that this pack is not exactly the bargain purchase it could/should have been, it isn't that bad overall. At least not while it is on offer at 7.5k. 5 x C-Wards, even with vouchers, will still cost 4.25k Zen. 1 Month VIP is another 850 Zen. Blood Rubies from the Zen store would make a chunk of the rest, though I know that 20 could be bought off the AH for 200k-250k AD..but even that is another 500 Zen. The mount and companion are currently fetching something like 700k-750k on the AH for the pair, i.e. in the region of another 1500 Zen. So that's around 7k Zen to buy that lot. The remaining 500 Zen is a fair price to pay for avoiding the grind to get a full weapons set and there are even a few additional trinkets thrown in for good measure :)

So the current asking price is arguably fair...not so much when it goes up to 10k Zen when Mod 13 drops of course >:)