test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Mod 13 Chultan Tiger Companion

2»

Comments

  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    jano#8078 said:

    So a guardian fighters marks provide combat advantage for the entire party?

    All marking effects from a GF or GWF will provide CA versus the marked targets.

  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

    Which kinda means MoF debuffer is dead for mod 13.

    With DC changes there maybe more room in groups for a MoF buffer.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

    The new companion will definitely become one, if not the a BiS for most builds.

    The two classes that I know off hand that would provide groups with almost constant Combat Advantage to ensure the 10% buff from the companion are HR using Aspect of the Pack and CW with Nightmare Wizardry or ST on Mastery. This would ensure group get the 10% damage buff.

    When in groups without those classes, the companion buff will be less effective.

    I didn't see anything on it stacking or not. Has anyone tested to see if having two in a group will stack the damage buff?

    I can see new meta groups coming out of this if this companion stats.

    OP Tank
    2 DCs
    CW MoF Buffer or HR
    Whatever DPS or GF DPS here

    When you are talking about HR and CW giving the most Combat Advantage uptime are you talking about non-bosses, or "trash mobs" as they are commonly called? I'm trying to understand why GF or GWF mark is not good enough, and the only thing I can think is you are talking about trash mobs. It seems really easy to keep mark up on bosses near enough to 100% of the time. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    manipulos said:

    The new companion will definitely become one, if not the a BiS for most builds.

    The two classes that I know off hand that would provide groups with almost constant Combat Advantage to ensure the 10% buff from the companion are HR using Aspect of the Pack and CW with Nightmare Wizardry or ST on Mastery. This would ensure group get the 10% damage buff.

    When in groups without those classes, the companion buff will be less effective.

    I didn't see anything on it stacking or not. Has anyone tested to see if having two in a group will stack the damage buff?

    I can see new meta groups coming out of this if this companion stats.

    OP Tank
    2 DCs
    CW MoF Buffer or HR
    Whatever DPS or GF DPS here

    When you are talking about HR and CW giving the most Combat Advantage uptime are you talking about non-bosses, or "trash mobs" as they are commonly called? I'm trying to understand why GF or GWF mark is not good enough, and the only thing I can think is you are talking about trash mobs. It seems really easy to keep mark up on bosses near enough to 100% of the time. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something?
    I completely forgot about GF and GWF mark adding CA. You could add them to the list as well.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2018

    I completely forgot about GF and GWF mark adding CA. You could add them to the list as well.

    In Mod 13 SW templock will have this feat :

    Eldritch Momentum: Now grants combat advantage for 4/6/8/10/12 seconds (up from 4/5/6/7/8 seconds)
    Edit : Updated with the new info from the thread official-m13-scourge-warlock-changes :
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235687/official-m13-scourge-warlock-changes/p23


    When this companion will be available, the list will be: HR, CW, GWF, GF, SW

    Post edited by gildriador on
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

    I completely forgot about GF and GWF mark adding CA. You could add them to the list as well.

    In Mod 13 SW templock will have this feat :

    Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, combat advantage for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds.

    When this companion will be available, the list will be: HR, CW, GWF, GF, SW

    I've been meaning to ask this but I always forget, does the yellow mark from Paladin's Bane encounter give combat advantage?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    manipulos said:



    When you are talking about HR and CW giving the most Combat Advantage uptime are you talking about non-bosses, or "trash mobs" as they are commonly called? I'm trying to understand why GF or GWF mark is not good enough, and the only thing I can think is you are talking about trash mobs. It seems really easy to keep mark up on bosses near enough to 100% of the time. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

    Have you seen some GFs?

    Some of them act like they have no clue what the Tab button (or R1 button) does.
    manipulos said:

    I completely forgot about GF and GWF mark adding CA. You could add them to the list as well.

    In Mod 13 SW templock will have this feat :

    Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, combat advantage for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds.

    When this companion will be available, the list will be: HR, CW, GWF, GF, SW

    I've been meaning to ask this but I always forget, does the yellow mark from Paladin's Bane encounter give combat advantage?
    No.

    They don't count for marking for purposes of the War Boar or the GWF's Daunting Challenge feat.

  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

    I completely forgot about GF and GWF mark adding CA. You could add them to the list as well.

    In Mod 13 SW templock will have this feat :

    Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, combat advantage for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds.

    When this companion will be available, the list will be: HR, CW, GWF, GF, SW

    Don't TR have an encounter that causes CA on targets?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 662 Arc User
    Look pretty good but only when active, so the game may turn in to a Tiger reserve really soon, lots of tiger running around like the Fire Archon used to be ...
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 216 Arc User

    Don't TR have an encounter that causes CA on targets?
    I'm not the best here to comment about the TR class, it's the class I know the least.

    I think TR don't have power to give combat advantage to allies (correct me if I'm wrong), but they can gain automatic combat advantage when they are in stealth.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    > @gildriador said:
    > Don't TR have an encounter that causes CA on targets?
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm not the best here to comment about the TR class, it's the class I know the least.
    >
    > I think TR don't have power to give combat advantage to allies (correct me if I'm wrong), but they can gain automatic combat advantage when they are in stealth.

    They also have passive feature infiltrator’s action, granting CA for 5 sec after using daily.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    aday#3795 said:

    > @gildriador said:

    > Don't TR have an encounter that causes CA on targets?

    >

    >

    >

    > I'm not the best here to comment about the TR class, it's the class I know the least.

    >

    > I think TR don't have power to give combat advantage to allies (correct me if I'm wrong), but they can gain automatic combat advantage when they are in stealth.



    They also have passive feature infiltrator’s action, granting CA for 5 sec after using daily.

    Thanks for the additional info, anyway if the TR doesn't have skills that give combat advantage to allies, the TR will not help the Tiger to gain combat advantage and process bleed to apply the debuff.

    The list of class who will give combat advantage to allies in mod 13 : CW,HR,GWF,GF,SW

    Those classes can help the Tiger to have combat advantage, but it required that player know what they are doing...

    GF and GWF need to use specific powers and use mark.

    HR need to slot the class feature Aspect of the Pack.

    CW and SW need to have a support build and choose the feat who gives combat advantage to allies.

    You will notice that you will probably have at least one of this class in your party and a lot of time two of them.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,080 Arc User
    op taunts, gf have taunts to get aagro and tiger attack the back/side of the enemies they got ca advantage bonus, no @thefabricant ?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

    op taunts, gf have taunts to get aagro and tiger attack the back/side of the enemies they got ca advantage bonus, no @thefabricant ?

    GF, HR and SW will all have ways to give party CA. If you don't have any of the 3, you can play SS rene. Its not "hard" to get CA as CW if need be.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    Positional combat advantage still not working in m13?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    masteroga said:

    Positional combat advantage still not working in m13?

    Still broken. I would hazard a guess and say the bard class will come out before the fix.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

    masteroga said:

    Positional combat advantage still not working in m13?

    Still broken. I would hazard a guess and say the bard class will come out before the fix.
    They'll probably just give the bard a way to grant combat advantage and call it good enough.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I
    dairyzeus said:

    masteroga said:

    Positional combat advantage still not working in m13?

    Still broken. I would hazard a guess and say the bard class will come out before the fix.
    They'll probably just give the bard a way to grant combat advantage and call it good enough.
    Classes are free and races what you buy in packs, it better be free if the bard is the new class. If not, that would be a first for Cryptic.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The screenshot was missing the tiger's second attack skill which applies a bleed regardless of combat advantage. Here are all three of them :



    I couldn't get my hands on a tiger on preview myself so I don't know how long the bleeds last and if they are 2 different bleeds or not.

    I'm suprised that nobody complained about the misleading tooltip saying "take more damage" while it actually is a DR debuff. I guess we have all become too used to misleading tooltips to even notice.

  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,363 Arc User
    artifleur said:

    The screenshot was missing the tiger's second attack skill which applies a bleed regardless of combat advantage. Here are all three of them :



    I couldn't get my hands on a tiger on preview myself so I don't know how long the bleeds last and if they are 2 different bleeds or not.

    I'm suprised that nobody complained about the misleading tooltip saying "take more damage" while it actually is a DR debuff. I guess we have all become too used to misleading tooltips to even notice.

    the 2nd one has cooldown of 12 sec.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Man I am sure glad I brought this up. So much good info. I can't wait to get this guy.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    What about the companion in the new pack that is being released. Will that companion become another BiS over a Fire Archon?
  • ejziponkenejziponken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 887 Arc User

    What about the companion in the new pack that is being released. Will that companion become another BiS over a Fire Archon?

    No, but BiS over seige master in Chult areas.

    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    rjc9000 said:



    Have you seen some GFs?

    OffTopic : Some of them act like they have no clue what the Tab button (or R1 button) does.

    I rarely see GFs in any party tbh. Nor SWs that much either.

    But then again, many people know nothing of their class, nor the game mechanics, nor how to build a character. All they do is copy/paste other people's builds and try to work a single rotation. When they see that someone with a less IL or general gear performs and outdamages them, it's like the end of the world for such people...

    "Omg who's this guy didn't play for two years, comes here and in a week outdps me and everything I've built over these two years, CW's broken AF, NERF PLS" :(

    Also, anyone who compares damage potential according to the IL sucks at Neverwinter >:)

    It is still very hard to teach some people that Lostmauth set bonus is DEAD dps-wise. But they heard it somewhere, saw it somewhere and stuck with it... :/
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    OnTopic : All in all the movement speed of the Chultan Tiger seems like a major problem which would need to be fixed with a quick bind to summon/unsummon the companion.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

    OnTopic : All in all the movement speed of the Chultan Tiger seems like a major problem which would need to be fixed with a quick bind to summon/unsummon the companion.

    Wait, how is the movement speed a problem?

  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

    OnTopic : All in all the movement speed of the Chultan Tiger seems like a major problem which would need to be fixed with a quick bind to summon/unsummon the companion.

    Wait, how is the movement speed a problem?

    You will curse yourself every time you charge into combat, and assume your Bondings are up... except they aren't because the Tiger is taking it's sweet *** time to proc Bondings.

Sign In or Register to comment.