test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More maintenance downtime?

Am i going crazy or did we just have a 10 hour extended maintenance? And didn't the devs say that it would take away the need for further maintenance during this week? So why are the servers down again?

Comments

• golnar#7216 golnar Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    their post said "We will be performing extended maintenance on February 7 which will impact all games including Neverwinter across all platforms. Due to this maintenance, there will be no Tuesday/Thursday maintenance next week. "

So I am as confused as you :smile:
  • thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The game is taken down each week. The no mnts. Line in the message is about last week referring to that there would be no additional maintenance other than the 10-hour down time. If the servers are not taken offline and reset each week there will b extreme lag, unstable gameplay that will result in you repeatedly being kicked out of the game and eventually the game will refuse to allow people to even log in. Be patient and the game will come back online in an hour or two if it is just a standard server reset
  • golnar#7216 golnar Member Posts: 16 Arc User

The game is taken down each week. The no mnts. Line in the message is about last week referring to that there would be no additional maintenance other than the 10-hour down time. If the servers are not taken offline and reset each week there will b extreme lag, unstable gameplay that will result in you repeatedly being kicked out of the game and eventually the game will refuse to allow people to even log in. Be patient and the game will come back online in an hour or two if it is just a standard server reset

not complaining, just it was unexpected, their message might have been a tad clearer

I agree with you. I have looked high and low and cannot find a specific message indicating that they planned on standard maintenance this week. It appears that somebody forgot to hit the send button. I apologize if I was a little bit Gruff. I've been watching every single week during maintenance and have grown tired of seeing the threads pop up here, on Reddit and Facebook of people complaining and demanding compensation for an announced maintenance. whether we like it or not maintenance has to be done for the sake of stability. And I suppose they need to feed the hamsters sometime lol
  • mikal#9243 mikal Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    All im saying is that if they plan on doing maintenance on the tuesday it would probably help if they didnt tell us otherwise.
    Mnts for Consul has always been on Tuesday unless announced otherwise. It is safe to assume that if no change of plan is given that this is what will happen. On occasion a maintenance post is not created for any of a number of reasons including the person responsible could be sick and nobody thought to do it. What it comes down to it developers are human beings just like everyone else. no matter how hard they try things are not always going to be perfect and they're not going to be able to please everyone. however developers are not responsible for someone seeing a post about a past maintenance and believing that it applies to a different week.
  • smashinbootssmashinboots Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    It was needed anyway- last night several of us would get kicked of at almost the same time. Didn't matter the time zone we were in or game activity/area we were working on.
  • mikal#9243 mikal Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    > @smashinboots said:
    > It was needed anyway- last night several of us would get kicked of at almost the same time. Didn't matter the time zone we were in or game activity/area we were working on.

I understand completely, its just that if an extended 10 hour maintenance hasn't done anything to help those issues then what are they actually doing during the down time? The game runs no better for it.
    I completely agree with you that it was needed. I have a funny feeling that something wasn't quite right after the maintenance last week due to all the instability. More than likely the downtime involved Hardware replacement and anything could have happened with that from a defective piece of Hardware to a programming issue. I am truly hoping that the maintenance today cleaned up this issue for everyone
    From what I understand The weekly maintenance is conducted by one company and the 10-hour maintenance was conducted by another. More than likely what happened afterwards is something is not communicating from one company's equipment two the others. This is causing all the instability. the developers are probably scratching their heads wondering what's going on because both sets of servers are supposed to be able to talk just fine and normally do. computer systems develop behavioral quirks just like people do. the thing we have to do as players is give the developers as much information that they can actually use to find the issue as opposed to just hopping onto the forums and complaining that things aren't working correctly. Things like what instances are you in when you encounter the most instability? What were you doing at the time? Were you in a group or solo? To fix a problem first they have to prove there's a problem by making it repeatable. once they can reproduce the problem at will then they could figure out how to fix it