What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180207a.1

Comments

• exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2018

or make primal set not permanent.

Not permanent what ?

It's a artifact weapon, not a fashion costume that expire after a time :D ... These weapons doesn't have cooldown, and because that, I think that Primal weapon set bonuses are perfectly fine. Good or maybe BiS for healers and dps'ers.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Would it be a good idea to add a special bonus multiplier to weapon enchants that takes into consideration the 1/2 of the base cooldwon of that power?

For example:
    At Wills: Multiplier of 1
    Encounters: Multipliers between 4 - 10 depending on the power cooldown whatever that maybe
    Dailies: Multiplier of 10 ?

The reason I suggested this is because some classes can spam at will super fast and benefit more from weapon enchants than others can. To at least make them viable for everyone something needs to be done with classes that don't use At Wills to deal heavy damage. Since multi procing is no longer allowed, increasing the damage of the weapon enchantment proc is the only option.

I say base cooldwon as I don't think classes that stacked recovery should be punished for doing so. Stacking any stat shouldn't produce less damage than without it.

So to work out damage of weapon enchantment hit, it would be ((0.5 * Base Cooldwon) * normal weapon enchant hit) = final damage.

This is just a thought and I think this system needs some work but its definitely better than the one we have now.
  • vlek91vlek91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    terramak said:

Highlights
    [...]
    Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance

• Control Wizard
      • Storm Spell: Damage from this effect has been reduced by about 30%.
      • Smolder and Rimefire Smolder damage has been increased by about 50%.
      [...]
    I have no idea what to say, this ...
    I guess I'll just play something else, maybe PoE, because you have no idea what you are doing anymore and I'm just wasting my time and money.
  • alj0schaalj0scha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    If you allow on the one hand stormspell to crit again, on the other hand nerf it for 30%... you may just ... leave it as it is. Would be more plausible.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Instead of making the strongholds III weapons set bonus match the I and II versions, why not just make 2 different strongholds III sets? One tier III set would just have the same bonus as the tier I and II sets and the other tier III set would be the new version. That should make both dps and support classes happy.

As for the CW changes, I agree that the nerf was uncalled for. CWs are not OP right now. If you want to make both paragon paths on par with eachother, simply buff the underpreforming powers without nerfing the powers that are currently good.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    for some reason i can't post in mastwrworks thread so i try here, sorry if bit OT

Mistakes in italian translation:

leatherworking: items needed to unlock are wrong: it says twice "gilet dell'incursione di manticora" (manticore raid vest) while one of them should be "gilet d'assalto di manticora" (manticore assault vest)

- rough resource "lion's hide" is translated terribly wrong in "nascondiglio di leone", it is "pelle/pelliccia di leone".
    Plus, according to previous experience with manticore's hide which refined item was manticore leather, refined item from lion's hide should be lion leather but i see it's the same item in preview bazar. I assume it's a droppable resource so this task has to be reviewed, wrong icon? inverted rough and refined resourse? It doesn't make much sense right now.

alchemy: living varnish is not translated at all, neither task and object itself

jewelry: "amuleto di perle" should be "amuleto piumato" for consintency with other amulets

journal: several items to be crafted for final quests have different names compared to what journal say, this is minor but could make confusion

That said,

amount of rough resources needed is HUGE compared to refined items obtained, 15:3, 12:2.... prices of finished products will be outrageous. Talking about prices, this will enormously impact the market of weapons since the good bonus has been removed, who could be so stupid to spend millions for slighty increased stats? people will head to other (free) sets making masterworks III obsolete in one day. All dps characters won't want masterworks, there's no reason to prefer them above other sets.

Let's make it simple, old bonus (i'll name it chult) vs new bonus (i'll name it SH, usual stronghold bonus from mw I & II) per class

GWF chult
    CW DPS chult
    CW MOF DPS chult/SH
    CW MOF BUFF SH
    TR chult
    SW DPS chult
    SW BUFF SH
    GF TANK chult/SH
    GF DPS chult
    GF BUFF SH/chult
    OP TANK/BUFF chult/SH
    OP HEAL/BUFF chult/SH
    OP DPS chult
    HR chult
    DC HEAL chult
    DC DPS chult
    DC BUFF SH

order is not casual, it's from best to worst choice. And speaking about pure buffers, that little amount of increased stats is not so significant as they whine about. I could be wrong but as far as I thought about it, this change is really really bad. Plus these are not stronghold sets anymore we're in damn chult!
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Well, i have really no word...instead of balancing class that melt boss in pve in second....nerf the cw....wow...+50% buff on smolder/rimefire for mof....really? Just 50%? Seems that you want give the mof the same damage of spellstorm. Increase the buff to 80% and you have done your job.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @devs Thanks for hampstering and nerfing pvp CWs as well with the SS nerf *slow clap*

now that its damage is scaling properly to level lets nerf it again ... and as compensation no more mutiprocs on weapons either for you guys
    edited February 2018

itbls said:

Nice smolder and remifire buff...
    2% and 0% of my dmg seems pretty insane.

https://i.imgur.com/28OI8up.jpg

Dont say it like that. They dont understand.
    +1
    at this rate of CW class feature "buffs " from the devs (and i use the term very loosely for any one that can read a pie chart )
    SS procs/ smolder and rimfire buffs. will be healing/ tickling the enemy instead of doing damage

is this going to be the bonding runes fiasco all over again? " pretend to listen to us / read feedback " and then only nerf / adjust by half/ double of what you advertised (and what you really intended to in the first place depending on feedback from outraged cw players /this only scares us into giving feedback like a trapped rat fighting in a corner

P.S what is the deal with buffing the oppressor cap stone for damage instead of buffing control what the path was intended for (sledgehammer balance at its finest)

P.s.S fixing SS was not a buff it was a bug fix.....cws have not had a buff to anything since forever (6 mods) +
    and i am not talking about adjusting / monkeying around a few seconds with power duration or targets caps either and calling that a buff

P.S.S.S how about actually fixing a few cws class features that actually are sub par and underperform that nobody uses instead (diversity)
    i am sure you guys have the metrixcs on that
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Hi, welcome to Cryptic, we enjoy "balancing" classes with sledge hammers.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• d3cepti0n#1453 d3cepti0n Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    It's actually sad, realising that the developers of your game can't see their job objectively, and are favoring classes during game "balancing". You took a class that is designed for AoE damage and control, almost the only class that has (EDIT: useful) powers with infinite target caps, and you managed to make it sub-par in AoE damage, while forcing it to go into the control path for damage. I'm not even mad, I didn't even think it was possible for someone to HAMSTER up so badly. Please, continue, I'm geniunely interested to see how that goes.
    Piece by piece.
    edited February 2018
    Reduce SS damage by 15% (half of what the devs proposed )
    buff smoulder rims fire to 200% 4 x what the devs proposed (or proportional to sS damage procs on the act log pie chart whatever that is .. so mof is also viable
    damage wise and call it a day

there solved lol

lets hope SS is not getting nerfed/ balanced based on the devs factoring in a what if scenarios
    if everyone is best in slots and if everyone plays a damage capstone oppressor ..

radical suggestion based only if the above paragraph is true
    how about the oppressor capstone reduces damage for SS only and other path are untouched
    or its damage capstone gets changed (also still bugged and working with non chill powers against the description ) also possibly skewing dps results in the devs knee jerk nerf reactions

devs how about fixing the oppressor capstone then do your damage tests again ..

Post edited by kalina311 on
    edited February 2018
    Its one thing to complain guys why not post somesuggestions

radical suggestions for SpellStorm alteration / balance 1

SS damage is reduced when using non arcane powers only .... cold / fire
    ss damage is normal when using arcane / lightning powers
    only problem here devs is you have no lightning single target dps cw encounter at all for a rotation that should be a level 65+ spell get rid of the dam imprisonment spell no one uses

DEVS you have single target and aoe for every CW damage type except lightning (AND SOME ONLY THRU USELESS CLASS FEATURES ) GLARING OMISSION ,. there is no single target heavy hitting cw lightning power its all procs..or a nerfed lightning enchanment next mod ...still not a single target cw lightning encounter power ...not daily not at will..not Aoe ...but an ENCOUNTER single target. not relying on fancy procs

proposal lightning bolt spell that synergies with Ss for the extra damage with added benefits on tab
    as well as the lightning encounter aoe version sudden storm .with added benefits on tab

alternate suggestion 2
    give enemies / bosses a small chance to deflect the SS proc based on level

radical suggestion 3
    increase the cool down between procs situation ally bosses vs trash

radical suggestion 4
    repurpose storm fury feat to add the extra SS damage instead (what you want to take away )so players can chose hybrid ss damage or full damage and sacrifice thier other class feature chilling presance for example one of the most popular slotted ones ...this will give more build diversity and force more hard choices .. and prevent cookie cutter builds

radical suggestion 5
    same thing but on the weapons offhand SS feature instead of an extra proc SS its extra damage/reduced proc times

general idea tweak it so player has to invest more to see added extra damage SS and needs to sacrifice something else
    and or double dip to syngergize ...mof fire powers have smolders damage synergy ....with not SS procs have "crackling" eletric residual damage (non arcing ) that persists for a few ticks instead and has synergy with lightning based cw encounter powers
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Offhand feat that increases critsev for SS perhaps? Or just flat out damage %.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    edited February 2018
    exgardian said:

or make primal set not permanent.

Not permanent what ?

It's a artifact weapon, not a fashion costume that expire after a time :D ... These weapons doesn't have cooldown, and because that, I think that Primal weapon set bonuses are perfectly fine. Good or maybe BiS for healers and dps'ers.
    primal set with just 1 class in party that can heal can proc permanent. 10% of maximum health is nothing.
    if my target has 280k hp believe me as dc or as sw or as op devotion is not that hard to make 28k healing spell in 1 blow.
    or take 28k damage.
    edited February 2018
    itbls said:

Nice smolder and remifire buff...
    2% and 0% of my dmg seems pretty insane.

https://i.imgur.com/28OI8up.jpg

class feat swath or conflagration?
    Also you mixed in this act log aoe fights + orcus fights. The proof is: coi-steal time- rimefire smolder have lower effectiveness comparing to the spells you played on boss fights( ray of effeblement-disintegrate-chill strike-fanning the flame).
    So we cant really know what is your % of the smolder damage on orcus fight ( i asusme that you wanted to show)
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    @balanced#2849 could you please fix paingiver chart so mof fire damage doesnt count ss damage in paingiver chart please .
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    can you tweak the TR saboteur feat "blood soaked blades" to work the same way you did for shadowy opportunity? The current damage on blood soaked blades is way too low.

Thanks!
    @asterdahl
    @balanced#2849
    @terramak
    @ctatumdev#6113
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    @mamalion1234
    Critical Conflagration, The log was for the entire run and it doesn't really matter if its mix. Smolder and Rimefire feels like it does not even exist, it just dose not tick fast enough to be useful.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2018

primal set with just 1 class in party that can heal can proc permanent. 10% of maximum health is nothing.
    if my target has 280k hp believe me as dc or as sw or as op devotion is not that hard to make 28k healing spell in 1 blow.
    or take 28k damage.

Did you try it yourself?

Healing triggers usually only work when the spell actually heals, meaning you must be missing enough health.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hidden cooldown on it as well.

This set seems to potentially be the most powerful of the four but I wonder how often it would be up in a team with a tank holding aggro away from you.
This discussion has been closed.