test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: M13 Bear Update

2»

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    You beat me to it @qexotic!

We all do the jobs we are trained and hired for and the artists are responsible for art, shockingly enough.

I shudder to think the damage I would do to students if someone demanded I taught chemistry: "Uh, if you put baking soda and vinegar together you can make a volcano? Uh, that's all for today."
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    The artists should be spending their time making SWs and TRs LOOK like they do more DPS!!!!
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2018

The artists should be spending their time making SWs and TRs LOOK like they do more DPS!!!!

"SW class change: Pillar of power now emits a thick green gas through the dungeon, making all other DPS characters harder to see mobs and increase their ping by 200. "
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Bear looks FANTASTIC!

One Mount that has needed attention was Abberant Drake (Rare) since release in Lockbox, although Fey Wolf has no animation sequence like smoke, fire, frost or even some fey magic on calling it. Otherwise a few Horses could use a bit of attention mostly related to saddles - but perhaps they aren't looking for feedback on other mounts? It's finally great to see them at least attempting to FIX or IMPROVE a few and HOPE the trend continues!

Abberant Drake: (Rare Mount)
    Has holes in two places on either side of it's neck and is clearly missing eyes which also appear missing or see thru. There is a Purple (Very Rare) mount that exists from the CSTORE in a different color which has none of the same issues listed above. The rare Abberant Drake has been broken for a year or more...

Fey Wolf: (Uncommon Mount) - No display issues but missing a brief animation sequence on mounting it.

Stormraider Clydesdale: (Very Rare Mount) - Saddle padded too much - some characters sit too low hidden in saddle.
    ▪ Many Saddles could have less thickness / padding revised yet be light, dark or black leather looking sharp.
    ▪ Most Leather straps on horses could be cleaned / sharpened: often different on left or right sides don't match.
    ▪ Fix the missing neck armor: Armored (Rare) White Horse Knox rides in Dread, is present but too large or hangs wrong.
    ▪ Only horse I've found my female Halfling can ride to see her legs is the Abagail Fancy Horse with Bows.

Halfings on Stormrider Clydesdale - looks like a magician cut her in half and only set the top half on the horsey. :)

Still the Bear updates look absolutely amazing - the Bear's almost look real now. It would be amazing if this type of QoL issues continued for mounts, companions, and other items including armor / or adding transmutes. o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I have a another bit of feedback to offer on preview mounts. In one of my older posts, I suggested replacing the defense stat bonuses on the triceratops mounts with HP and/or Deflect. It looks like the devs went with this suggestion and changed the stat bonus to HP. Thank you for that change, this will make this mount even more desirable.

For those who haven't seen the change on preview yet, here is a screenshot of the war triceratops' new stat bonus:
    https://i.imgur.com/ZiUcPCZ.jpg
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @finefineday#4940 @nitocris83 different aspect when it refers to mounts, on live my blue saber destrier horse(x2) i have on my bag, dont show description, and doesnt show a preview and i already have one on my stable, this dropped from winter festival drops, any fixes coming towards these, because i wanted to sell them on ah and i cant like this, and also i cant give to alts as "transmute" because i shows it cant be used.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

@finefineday#4940 @nitocris83 different aspect when it refers to mounts, on live my blue saber destrier horse(x2) i have on my bag, dont show description, and doesnt show a preview and i already have one on my stable, this dropped from winter festival drops, any fixes coming towards these, because i wanted to sell them on ah and i cant like this, and also i cant give to alts as "transmute" because i shows it cant be used.

Winter festival stuff that you got from the second tier gifts are bound to character - you just have to junk it.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• finefineday#4940 finefineday Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2018
    strathkin said:

Abberant Drake: (Rare Mount)
    Has holes in two places on either side of it's neck and is clearly missing eyes which also appear missing or see thru. There is a Purple (Very Rare) mount that exists from the CSTORE in a different color which has none of the same issues listed above. The rare Abberant Drake has been broken for a year or more...

Thanks for letting us know! I looked into this and fixed it. The fix should go live with M13.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    @finefineday#4940

Thx, nice job :)

Just a question of interest:
    When you build a mount (rework or new one), do you try this one with differents races of riders? Like dwarves, elves...
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    Not related to the bear change, but to bear mounts in general.

Since 12b has dropped on console I've been unable to repeatedly use my mount flourish on my armored bear mount.

The flourish must finish before I can use the flourish again. It never used to be like that and it'd be nice if it could go back to the way it was before.
  • finefineday#4940 finefineday Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer
    dairyzeus said:

Since 12b has dropped on console I've been unable to repeatedly use my mount flourish on my armored bear mount.

The flourish must finish before I can use the flourish again. It never used to be like that and it'd be nice if it could go back to the way it was before.

The change to bear flourishes in 12b was intentional. It was made in response to a bug about jittery animation when the flourish was being spammed. A fail-safe was put in to prevent the flourish from being spammed. You can still cancel the flourish by trying to move, but the flourish cannot be interrupted by you triggering the flourish again. Leaving flourishes spammable would let hundreds of layers of the same sounds and FX to play at once—which wasn’t a desired behavior.

dairyzeus said:

The change to bear flourishes in 12b was intentional. It was made in response to a bug about jittery animation when the flourish was being spammed. A fail-safe was put in to prevent the flourish from being spammed. You can still cancel the flourish by trying to move, but the flourish cannot be interrupted by you triggering the flourish again. Leaving flourishes spammable would let hundreds of layers of the same sounds and FX to play at once—which wasn’t a desired behavior.

That's quite disappointing to hear as shaking some bear booty at someone who's coming out of their menus was one of the main endgame activities for me.

dairyzeus said:

dairyzeus said:

That's quite disappointing to hear as shaking some bear booty at someone who's coming out of their menus was one of the main endgame activities for me.

I am not the only one who misses twerkin bears I guess

You guys need girlfriends
    You need to learn to have some fun.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Wth? It feels kind of stupid that devs focusing more on bear face than on class balancing, fixing bugs or removing all the HAMSTER that they have added in this game. I don't understand, players is leaving constantly, I thought at least this module something will change, but nope...

Do bear in mind that not all the Devs work on coding things. Some do design work and art work, such as this bit of remodelling for the bear(s). While the coders deal with bug fixing, class balancing and the like, the art development team also get on with their job which is to fix things like the appearance of creatures, scenery and NPCs. Getting these things right is their job and their principal point of focus and attention.

Agreed. :)

Now if we could get a fixed Abberant Drake, poor thing... Some Warlock ripped out his eyes, or had holes 2/3 holes placed on either side of his neck. <3