test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    repeatable actions in professions. Its SOMETIMES pointless to click button to complete then confirm the completion when the results won't change when its something like gathering resources. Please make a [REPEAT} button so all you need to do is click it and it repeats itself if the requirements are met.
    MOST ANNOYING FEATURE NEW THAT NEEDS ADDRESSING: Kicking Disconnected players in random

In randoms you get people that disconnect on you BEFORE THE PARTY EVEN GETS STARTED IN THE ZONE and you cannot vote to kick them for 15 min or so. If you're doing randoms then time is the essence. I have 5 toons with up to 5 randoms available each. Dungeons take between 5 and 15 minutes to complete depending on the party and difficulty and don't require all party members at a starting location. Skirmishes take between 10 and 30 minutes to complete but DO require all party member (even the Dcd) to be in the starting gate. Epic Dun can take 20 to and 60 min to complete and trials take 20 to 40 min, (same as skirmish). I haven't done Hero but i hear some go for an hour and some for 30 min. That is a lot of time to use for gaining rAD.

So here is my suggestion. you get three options on the vote to kick. If a person is disconnected in the party that should allow the disconnected option to kick them IMMEDIATELY not wait for the time to pass. The game recognizes a disconnected party member so that should be a variable in the programming to allow the kicking. Please get this fixed.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I started doing Storm King's Thunder campaign since 12 December 2017, if I remember correctly. And I have only progressed half-way in the campaign.

In these two days, I have been farming Voninblood for my fourth boon because these boons require lots of Voninblood. But after I farmed enough Voninblood today and tried to get my fourth boon, I suddenly realized that I'm still being short of 33 "Secrets of Ostorian". And then I did a search to see if I can acquire more Secrets of Ostorian faster. The answer is: no. The weekly and daily quests in Sea of the Moving Ice, Bryn Shander, Cold Run, and Lonelywood only reward 48 Secrets of Ostorian in a week. And the requirements of the subsequent boons are even higher, especially the last one, which costs 800 Bryn Shander Reputation and 140 Secrets of Ostorian. So that means nearly 3 weeks for the last boon.

That's a bit too much and is not friendly to returning players, if you ask me. I'm only being at the half-way of Storm King's Thunder campaign currently, and there are still The Cloaked Ascendancy campaign and Jungles of Chult campaign awaiting for me, not to mention a new module will hit in one or two months and it most likely would introduce one more campaign.

Now I think that's the top issue which needs to be addressed asap. The number of tasks really needs to be reduced.
    On average SKT takes around 3 to 4 months to complete if the player is diligent to do all dailies/weeklies and voninblod acquiring. This is 1 to 2 months longer than the next longest campaign. So i agree with you. Other campaigns have bounty items that can be converted to items required in the completion of campaign tasks. SKT doesn't. So yes SKT needs addressing.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

I started doing Storm King's Thunder campaign since 12 December 2017, if I remember correctly. And I have only progressed half-way in the campaign.

In these two days, I have been farming Voninblood for my fourth boon because these boons require lots of Voninblood. But after I farmed enough Voninblood today and tried to get my fourth boon, I suddenly realized that I'm still being short of 33 "Secrets of Ostorian". And then I did a search to see if I can acquire more Secrets of Ostorian faster. The answer is: no. The weekly and daily quests in Sea of the Moving Ice, Bryn Shander, Cold Run, and Lonelywood only reward 48 Secrets of Ostorian in a week. And the requirements of the subsequent boons are even higher, especially the last one, which costs 800 Bryn Shander Reputation and 140 Secrets of Ostorian. So that means nearly 3 weeks for the last boon.

That's a bit too much and is not friendly to returning players, if you ask me. I'm only being at the half-way of Storm King's Thunder campaign currently, and there are still The Cloaked Ascendancy campaign and Jungles of Chult campaign awaiting for me, not to mention a new module will hit in one or two months and it most likely would introduce one more campaign.

Now I think that's the top issue which needs to be addressed asap. The number of tasks really needs to be reduced.

The STK Campaign is easily one of the weakest aspects in the game currently. Not only it is long and redundant weapon-wise at this point, but it's at least three times more boring that Sharandar's Campaign in order to get the boons. And furthermore, the boons themselves from the campaign are some of the worst in the game I've seen.

You can practically skip the whole thing. I know I did, I purchased it after I've seen the grinding necessity. However, at that time I didn't know just how silly the boons were, otherwise I wouldn't spend a dime.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User

MOST ANNOYING FEATURE NEW THAT NEEDS ADDRESSING: Kicking Disconnected players in random
    -snip-
    So here is my suggestion. you get three options on the vote to kick. If a person is disconnected in the party that should allow the disconnected option to kick them IMMEDIATELY not wait for the time to pass. The game recognizes a disconnected party member so that should be a variable in the programming to allow the kicking. Please get this fixed.

I realize there are some legitimate disconnects but this is not the fault of the other players and they should not be penalized for a slow computer, connection problems, whatever...

It's been suggested and I tend to agree that for a disconnected player the system automatically removes the player after 45-60 seconds or so and not allowed to reenter the same dungeon. At worst the disconnected player will have to re-queue for a different random dungeon.

This completely removes from any party the opportunity to exploit the "kick" feature if anyone thinks a party member isn't running a dungeon to their satisfaction.
    I agree the kicking disconnect could be a problem with those still loading but after a minute it should allow for kicking, and i've been in dozens of randoms where the player DCd and couldn't kick till near the end boss, by then we needed the help of a 3rd or 5th person. waiting 20 min or so for a kick is absurd, bring it down to 30 sec to a minute. And make the options smarter too, if a person isn't DCd then that option shouldn't exist, if a person is still moving then the AFK option shouldn't be there. The harassment one would be tough to program though.
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User

I agree the kicking disconnect could be a problem with those still loading but after a minute it should allow for kicking, and i've been in dozens of randoms where the player DCd and couldn't kick till near the end boss, by then we needed the help of a 3rd or 5th person. waiting 20 min or so for a kick is absurd, bring it down to 30 sec to a minute. And make the options smarter too, if a person isn't DCd then that option shouldn't exist, if a person is still moving then the AFK option shouldn't be there. The harassment one would be tough to program though.

I think that sounds reasonable. I would suggest not just "moving around" but progressing toward the end as a bot could be program to just run around. Most bots seem to attach themselves to a player PC for guidance to the end.
  • mistsenseimistsensei Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I would also like to second ianthewizard2012's post regarding the SKT campaign. I am also a returning player and I have to do the cloaked ascendency, Chult and SKT campaigns. After taking 1 or 2 boons and then doing the maths I decided to drop the campaign entirely (I even regretted the time spent on it..). After I have unlocked the "content" of this campaign which is the assault epic trial if I am not mistaken(?) I don't think I will spend any time on this campaign which is like four months(?) to complete it while doing daily after daily, I mean I would like to do some dungeons as well from time to time you know. I understand that back when SKT was released there wasn't any other content so people could have the time to do this campaign. But after having two more campaigns and a third one coming soon on top of SKT how much time investment would be needed in order to do all of these for returning and new players. I would like to see some attention being put into this campaign and its requirements.

I hope this won't be received as me just whining for the grind I have to do since like I said I 've droped SKT and didn't mind it that much, I might even buy the campaign at some point so no problems there for me, instead I decided to post this since for better or worse SKT is a big chunk of content in the game and I have not heard one single good comment in the game regarding this campaign ever. When people speak about the SKT campaign is like they 're speaking for the lowest pits of the nine hells :p so I think that says something.

Best regards
    Reeve
  • akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I realize this is probably a very minor issue, but is there some way to mute NPC’s and companions – if not is this something that might be considered eventually? Their banter is at best repetitive, at worst annoying after a while.

I just thought I toss this out there since this is the “issues” thread and hearing the same thing over and over is admittedly not a "top" issue, but it is an issue – for me at least.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    akichid said:

I realize this is probably a very minor issue, but is there some way to mute NPC’s and companions – if not is this something that might be considered eventually? Their banter is at best repetitive, at worst annoying after a while.

I just thought I toss this out there since this is the “issues” thread and hearing the same thing over and over is admittedly not a "top" issue, but it is an issue – for me at least.

This and the ability to tone down the Weapon and Armor enchantment visuals would both be nice to have abilities. Does it kill the game for me? No. But I worked hard to get the armor look just right so it would be nice to be able to see it.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

top issue? boredom and too much grind.

Where's that +1,000,000 button?
    previewing another's character doesn't show what their wearing properly. most often its just showing them in their underwear. I hope this gets fixed by mod 13
  • darthvendardarthvendar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Mastercrafting required tools. we need a way to get uncommen and rare mastercrafting tools before completing the tier 2 final task. {500-1000 zen maybe?}
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

previewing another's character doesn't show what their wearing properly. most often its just showing them in their underwear. I hope this gets fixed by mod 13

I have not had this issue yet, hope I never do.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Happens almost every time I inspect someone

If you Esc and try again you will usually get a clothed version on the second try
  • merzougmerzoug Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i started this game two weeks ago was having fun but today i try to login it says i got banned i dont know why and sent ticket for hours no reply? anyone have same issue?
    Arc will contact you if you have a ticket up, be patient they go though allot of tickets. Have all your information ready when they do.

Happens almost every time I inspect someone

If you Esc and try again you will usually get a clothed version on the second try

confirmed. Seems the preview stops at the undergarment shirts and pants when sending the info to the preveiwer. second inspect shows the full outfit.
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Cryptic must be Communist becuase guilds are exactly like North Korea:

Youre probably thinking "wait!>>>what??"

Look at it this way :youre toon is in a guild that you do not own ,you have to be the rank 7 owner of the guild to own it.
    Yet you and many others are the slaves (or tenants)that grind away leveling up The owners guild.
    Only the owner gains these benefits permanently from youre efforts to fill the coffers.
    You however CAN be kicked out for any reason ...or for no reason and you loose all benefits and all the items you worked so hard to earn to fill that coffer.
    I personally had this happen where the owner one day started kicking EVERYONE in the guild while i was logged in ,when i asked why his response was "im selling the guild to someone else".So thats the end result of being forced to donate daily amounts in order to stay in a high rank guild ...only to be kicked when it reached max rank anyway.

Or you leave for any reason ( fed up with the dictator in charge?)or like you take a break and come back to find youre out in the cold guildless.
    IF you are not the rank 7 owner of the guild you are in then it is not yours simple as that.and how is this fair to those who work so hard to level that guild up,if they leave they loose everything,they loose the boons that they probably didnt choose to build anyway,and may not have been the ones they wanted either.
    And then to make matters worse when you join a different guild the new guild may have entirely different boons to the one you left and then you have to rebuild youre toon cause you have the wrong stats,or too many of one stat.(how many guilds have lifesteal and explorers boon??thats what i always wanted).

Then theres the other side of the coin ...some players are bone idle and have no interest in leveling up someone elses guild but they do want the boons ,so they join a guild for boons but do nothing for the guild.

And the other problem is that the boons are most usefull for low level toons with low item levels but these toons cant get into high rank guilds where the boons are highest and most usefull.and since guilds also have a cap on how many alts can be in the guild it puts a hard limit on players that have many alts,i know some guilds have had to put a limit on how many alts per account are allowed in .

There are solutions to all of the many problems with the way guilds are setup:
    1: do away with the boon structures ranks ,one boon structure = that boon and the boon scales to charactor level AND item level,this way level 70 toons @ max item level get the least benefit while new alts @ no item level get the most benefit.
    This change would also be hugely beneficial to less active guilds that have smaller numbers playing as they will be easier to build boon structures.

2: Put a timer on the charactor sheet for guild boons of each charactor so when they join a guild it starts counting down from 385 days (one year) when the timer reaches zero the guild boons of that guild become permanently avaliable to that charactor.
    You could add to this some triggers for example a day only counts down by one if the charactor logs in and donates to the coffer that day.if the charactor does not log in or donate to the coffer on one day the timer wont count down that day.
    This would also eliminate the need to join a guild just becuase they have the boons you want or need instead of joining a guild becuase theyre fun to play with.By this system anyone could eventually have all guild boons unlocked on a charactor...and since you can only equip one of each type anyway makes zero difference to the game balance.And even better once boons like the explorer boon are unlocked you can join a fun guild without loosing the benefit of that boon...which lets face it is only usefull when you have enough guild marks to buy maps and the rest of the time is a wasted boon.

2b: ALTERNATIVELY increase the number of boon structures so each guild CAN eventually build every boon but still as per 1:,that way you dont need to leave a good guild to eventually get every boon avaliable.Let players choose what boon they want and not what the owner chose to build!

3: Guild ranks are obsolete and serve no purpose except to increase the grind required by all the slaves and tenants of the guilds owner.
    Guilds SHOULD be simply a way to join together like minded individuals to make getting parties together to do hard content easier and to make it more social.
    Putting guild rank limits on things like mastercrafting and mastercrafting resource maps (and also items from temp vendors) is really pointless ...its just anouther way of forcing people to join guilds that they might not prefer to be in.so if you want to do mastercrafting or just want to turn your guild marks into some items to sell you cant unless youre in a high rank guild ...or theres a high rank guild in youre alliance.
    And most high rank guilds have zero interest in having low rank guilds in their alliance.
    And since im in a rank 5 guild and new mastercrafting coming out i once again have to leave and go looking for a high rank guild to get the new recipies which i already did the last time new recipies were added and its very frustrating.

Anyone who objects to what ive suggested is either a guild owner OR deluded into thinking the guild they are in is somehow theirs,and no matter how benevolent the owner may appear it is still the owners final decision as to what goes on in THEIR guild.

Guilds should be there to make leveling a charactor or alt and doing content easier and NOT for the charactors and alts to make leveling someone elses guild easier!

There is enough GRIND in real life without more of it in a game ,people want to play to have fun so please bring back the fun and cut back the grind.

BRING BACK THE FUN!
    PLEASE???
  • flinx66flinx66 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    [quote]Anyone who objects to what ive suggested is either a guild owner OR deluded into thinking the guild they are in is somehow theirs,and no matter how benevolent the owner may appear it is still the owners final decision as to what goes on in THEIR guild.[/quote]ROFL... No comments, Mr. President!

I am neither an owner of a guild, nor am I delusional, but I do object to some of your suggestions, not all mind you...

1. why should a lvl 1 get a bigger boon then a lvl 70 char?
    2. last I checked, a year still has 365 days not 385 as you stated...
    3. why should guild ranks be obsolete? they are a quick way to judge how far advanced a guild is...
    4. I don't grind, I hate grinding like the pest it is... there are other ways to increase guild resources, then grind your life away...
    5. I also take offense to you calling everyone a slave... if you want to wear that shoe, then by all means do so, but do not throw everyone into that same bucket that you are in!

Enough of the bantering, I do agree with you in that you are at the whim of the owner of the guild. Such A***Hole guild owners as you described, are A***Hole guild owners not just at a moments notice, but generally you find that they are A***Hole guild owners from the start, thus giving you a chance to leave said guild to find another better one...

Let me ask you this, did you report that A***Hole guild owner to Cryptic, as selling game content afaik is against the EULA... If you didn't then shame on you, for coming here complaining about it...

I also agree to this statement of yours: "Bring back the fun!", but then you go and soften it to mush with the "Please???".

I said enough. Now Cryptic explain to us how you gonna "Bring back the fun!" with out the grind... ;)

Nearly forgot to mention, why I am in this thread in the first place:

Will the game be upgraded in the Display department anytime soon?
    I can't play the game in full screen 4K, mouse pointer doesn't cover the whole screen it gets stuck in a 1080p size area...
    Full Window (without border) does help the issue in that department, but the UI does not scale properly at all...

Can the fashion bag hold transmutes too? if not, then it isn't worth it imo, i prefer to change my armor look then to change the fashion side, since i have more options with dyes in the armor. If fashion bag can hold transmutes how will that work, convert armor to transmute and then apply it without cost when you feel like it?
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

Can the fashion bag hold transmutes too? if not, then it isn't worth it imo, i prefer to change my armor look then to change the fashion side, since i have more options with dyes in the armor. If fashion bag can hold transmutes how will that work, convert armor to transmute and then apply it without cost when you feel like it?

In the preview fashion bag topic they said that transmutes at the moment work way too differently than fashion items, but they do want to fix this. And I think on the stream said that they want transmute to not be "consumed" and dyes to not make up that much space. So, nothing specific yet, but in the future there will be a lot of fashion themed change.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Well, as mentioned over and over again since the start of guild strongholds... anything that goes into the guild coffer should be registered to the account giving it.

The moment a guild owner decides to kick a person, 75% of those donations are refunded, and anything in that guild stronghold is put on hold/deactivated until the loss is recovered by the remaining guild members/owner.
    When someone leaves a guild on his own, 50% of the donations are returned. Those returned donations come back as vouchers, and they do not create guild marks again, when they're donated another time.

In the end, getting kicked out of a guild or leaving a guild shouldn't mean a total loss of everything you've put into it.

But considering how little has changed on the guild stronghold topic over all these new modules... i doubt that anything posted in here will make a change at all.

Btw. a guild owner can indeed sell the guild, and there is nothing done against it. I think, i've seen several cases being reported in here over time, some where people even spend real money to rank up the stronghold, and they were all left standing in the rain...
    Same goes for those guild bank thefts, the only response from the support those guild members got was, you gave that person permission to access the guild bank, so that's on you.

Anyway, may be try a new guild stronghold thread, may be there is one dev left at Cryptic, that is willing to listen and able to change something in this mess for the better...
    Hey, may be we can even get the amount of resources required to build a basic and functional guild stronghold lowered to a more reasonable level.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, as mentioned over and over again since the start of guild strongholds... anything that goes into the guild coffer should be registered to the account giving it.

The moment a guild owner decides to kick a person, 75% of those donations are refunded, and anything in that guild stronghold is put on hold/deactivated until the loss is recovered by the remaining guild members/owner.
    When someone leaves a guild on his own, 50% of the donations are returned. Those returned donations come back as vouchers, and they do not create guild marks again, when they're donated another time.

In the end, getting kicked out of a guild or leaving a guild shouldn't mean a total loss of everything you've put into it.

But considering how little has changed on the guild stronghold topic over all these new modules... i doubt that anything posted in here will make a change at all.

Btw. a guild owner can indeed sell the guild, and there is nothing done against it. I think, i've seen several cases being reported in here over time, some where people even spend real money to rank up the stronghold, and they were all left standing in the rain...
    Same goes for those guild bank thefts, the only response from the support those guild members got was, you gave that person permission to access the guild bank, so that's on you.

Anyway, may be try a new guild stronghold thread, may be there is one dev left at Cryptic, that is willing to listen and able to change something in this mess for the better...
    Hey, may be we can even get the amount of resources required to build a basic and functional guild stronghold lowered to a more reasonable level.

This (or lack thereof) has always been the #1 deal-breaker with me and guilds. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see donation refunds because there are now over 2 years of untracked donations that could never be back-engineered to their source, so only new donations would be able to be tracked and refunded. Maybe if they ever get around to raising the GH cap?

Mechanically, you would need to track each kind of donation (different shards, different campaigns, gems, labor, etc.) so it couldn't be exploited by donating a ton of gems or labor to a dummy guild, get kicked, get a general severance package, and donate it all into Conq Shards in you real guild, for instance. Hmm, actually, from what I hear, that may be an improvement...

Unfortunately, SH threads never go anywhere. They just fall to arguing and die in obscurity. One side has a problem they want to fix, the other side just wants to fix the messenger instead of the problem. By the end, you can't even tell what the original topic was about. I imagine the devs have seen some of them over the years, but they've never dropped in to say anything.
  • jaraxellejaraxelle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    Currently the in-game communications system regarding the mailbox is lacking and not user friendly. I had better options back in 1993. Right now we have the system where you need to be at a mailbox to receive / send attached items in one or all of the provided 5 slots. I respect this and understand it may be to prevent getting mailed things on the fly while in a dungeon or so. Sending simple message and guild mail without mailbox is fine in my opinion. Things that need to be addressed :

1. Having a mail SENT tab. There is nothing more frustrating than typing in someone's name typing a whole message, pressing send... just to find out it never left because the account you are sending to looks something like this : Lillijjiiill@ii1l11iI . I don't have a 70" screen to properly see what is a letter, number or vertical bar... and unless the person is in your friend's list or has just typed in chat... there is no way to copy paste that from anywhere.

2. Copy / Paste. As a guild leader I often post links for my fellow guild mates to follow, whether it be to the forums, and article or even a survey for next boon plot. One cannot copy paste from a received inbox message. It is frustrating to the general user to write that address down and hopefully input it into their browser. Let's face it, not all links are simple and short. A copy paste function from received inbox messages would be a serious improvement. I have many members that do not speak English and have no way to copy paste my mail into a translator. I have backyard mechanic'd this by sending them individual mails, at one point in 11 different languages. That was just crazy so I let Facebook do teh work for us and post there and individuals can use their translator. I cannot force a player to open an FB account to read something from Neverwinter.

3. The number of allowable characters in mail. Can this be increased please?

4. This is not likely to happen but... I understand why there is a space limit to how much a user can hold in their inbox. Many ... back in the day prior to on the fly RP, you know when you had to store stacks of RP in your mail so you could have 4 precious spaces of bag space... Is it possible that there is an auto-force function to a guild mate when it is a GUILD MAIL? I understand, each player is responsible to clean out their own stuff, but to give them a full and informed gaming experience.

There are some other ideas but keeping in form of the game, I would not expect something as elaborate as an Outlook or Yahoo platform.

Thank you for any considerations, I am available to clear up any pre-coffee scribblings I may have typed above.
    BLACK VANGUARD & RED VANGUARD
    - Leadership Team
  • dusty991dusty991 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Crafting system is badly broken...
    The crafting system in neverwinter is the best I've seen in an MMO yet. Except that it is broken, Badly. with all purple assets and a mythic "Hammer of Gond" my masterwork recipes say I have a 75% chance to combine adamant sand into a adamant bloom, But I have Just finished my 6th fail in a row. If I succeed on my next try, that will be 1 completion in 7 tries, so how is that 75%. Did someone skip math class?
This discussion has been closed.