test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

prophecy of madness, offline people

reflisreflis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Every time this skirmish starts, people disconnects, in this way is impossible to start the skirmish or kiking off the offline pg. each time you have to wait several minutes to continue and do not take the 30-minute penalty.

Removed image as player names are present - no naming and shaming please.

sorry for my bad english
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    They are multirunners mostly, they start in an instance, switch to another toon to start another run with a different char and then go back when they hope the people are already finnishing to get the reward and then back to the other toon to get the other reward. Thats and the bots are the 2 things that affected the QoL the most thanks to the random skirmish, dungeon and epic dungeon AD reward.

Some other people just dont like the PoD because is filled with bugs that will note let you get the gold reward even if everyone know what they have to do and do their best.
  • reflisreflis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    perfect, this is not correct anyway. especially for those players who want to finish or at least start the skirmish.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    If they were multi runners, they would start the skirmish before disconnecting. No, these are people who don't want to run the skirmish and they are disconnecting to avoid the leaver's penalty. These jerks don't care about HAMSTER the people who want to do the skirmish. I think a good fix for this is to give the full leavers penalty for disconnects, and add it on top of the disconnect time. This way, I am sure people will leave properly not HAMSTER others.
  • reflisreflis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User

If they were multi runners, they would start the skirmish before disconnecting. No, these are people who don't want to run the skirmish and they are disconnecting to avoid the leaver's penalty. These jerks don't care about HAMSTER the people who want to do the skirmish. I think a good fix for this is to give the full leavers penalty for disconnects, and add it on top of the disconnect time. This way, I am sure people will leave properly not HAMSTER others.

I agree, but there are many reasons to be offline, such as the lost connection. could it simply reduce the waiting time for kick from 8 minutes to 2 minutes just for disconnections? time, however, useful to restore data in case of lost connection
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Its another bi-product of the random queue system :smile:
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Why not just prevent accounts (not each character on the account) from being able to queue for more than 1 skirmish or dungeon at a time
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    There are probably multiple ways to skin this cat. One simple idea would be to time how long a player is disconnected compared to the total time it took for the party to reach the end. If, say, someone is disconnected for more than 33% of the elapsed time, they get no rewards.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    That's the reason why I do random Q only with alliance members and only with them. When they started RQ i tested it a couple times, this BS happend plus the BOT's issue and I turned around and said never ever.
    The dev's stated before, they introduced RQ in order to increase player interaction, but no it doesn't for me. I run with alliance members anyhow, but the number of dungeons and skirmishes which I used to PUG has gone down to zero for me.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    Other way to solve the problem :

Players :

Do the random queues only with friends/guildies/people you know :
    1. they are more likely to play wichever is your playstyle (fast&furious efficient runs for AD/seals/Wanderer's Fortune - discovery mode runs - wandering runs...)
    2. no more leavers, no more bot if you are a full party before launching.

You are in a MMO => talk, write, interract. Find buddies and do stuff with them. That the very essence of a MMO.
    Never assume picked up players will do the job.

Devs :

- Carrot for donkey.

Players-leavers don't want to do the long skirmishes (DT/PoM) and mostly change to another character to find and run quick ones because of the HUGE difference between, let's say, Prophecy of Madness (roughly 15min) and Master of the Hunt (roughly 3min).
    Same AD at the end. That doesn't seems normal or fair !

Yes, you drop recyclable rings (not 100% of the time) in PoM/DT even if you don't open the chest (wich isn't really free [campaign key]). The chest can offer you extra recyclables or some good +5 rings (1% of the time maybe, but not all are interesting).
    In the same time you can open 4-5 MoH/DL chest for free with chance to find recyclable (good XP cloak for lvl60-69) or saleable loots (companion from DL chest aren't bound to account for exemple).

By design, RQs are the way to go for steady AD farming.
    /!\ Reward on Time (AD per Hour) is what is driving a lot of players running RQ /!\.

Who wants to do a task payed 24k/h when you can do another one for 96k/h ???

=> the AD reward for PoM and ToD has to be me more than AD earned from MoH/DL.

Epic RQ is also very concerned => the long and hard FBI & MSP should be more rewarding on AD than the short and easy ESOT, so players would at least give one try in MSP/FBI before giving up.

- I also think the party should be able to kickvote disconnected people right away, without any kind of waiting timers, and the majority based on connected people.
    If players want to wait for someone : they can. If not... that's normal to kicked out.
    Don't let 4 players be stuck 5 minutes in the front of the very begining of a dungeon/squirmish because of 1 disconnected assplayer. It drives people crazy.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    reflis said:

I agree, but there are many reasons to be offline, such as the lost connection. could it simply reduce the waiting time for kick from 8 minutes to 2 minutes just for disconnections? time, however, useful to restore data in case of lost connection
    from my experience they do it because they WANT to be kicked. they get a random dungeon/skirmish and if it's something that is too much effort, they jump to change character screen to appear disconnected, wait a couple of minutes then they usually come back thinking they have been kicked, then they disconnect again when they find out they haven't.

it's a HAMSTER tactic that has been enabled my cryptic's random queue system.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

First make it a skirmish, a something that lasts 5-7 mins max, not a tiresome, endless battle for 15 minutes... this is a time I can use to complete solid dungeon, not something thats supposed to be fast, this counts as much for PoM as it does for ToDG...

This exactly. Whoever designed this as a "skirmish" was surely mad. If I get PoM I run for the hills. Even if they tripled the rewards from it, it's too painful to run.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    my suggestion to devs, rework the rules.
    if any "intentionally" get fake disconnection or inactivity (afk mode) when it started, that would be consider as griefing to 0ther players. just use vote kick, if that players get kick out from 2 other groups for samething, after 3rd kick, get that player ban from que in any random que's for 24 hrs, if that get repeated after several days, warn that player not to get involve in any que if not playing as intended, if still griefing, ban that account for 30 days.
    even if having multople account, it will make easy for server GM to track repeated offenders, playing and claiming to have bad connection isnt an excuse, if they have bad commection, they get warning not to participate any que's or get ban for 30 days.

if the players get difficulties to stay connection, contact tech team, or maybe the PC might not be up on standard's code, check modem. instead of keeping sign in to que's knowing they will get disconnections. that is consider as griefing, get it fix! or else we will report inactive or disconnected players!
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    There is no definitive way to determine an accidental disconnect from an intentional one. So that won't work.

As for tracking disconnects, do you REALLY want the resources poured into that?

EDIT: For @elrondknight
    LOL!
    Post edited by litaaers on
    that is players' respondable if they get disconnections, they shouldnt go again period, this is considered as griefing. until players fix connection, check modem and all that, if they find nothing then they need to ask tech support and find the cause of disconnections.
    no one likes those afk/discon players "played them" by having disconnection excuses, then why they keep doing it? you see? that is griefing!

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    wylonus said:

that is players' respondable if they get disconnections, they shouldnt go again period, this is considered as griefing. until players fix connection, check modem and all that, if they find nothing then they need to ask tech support and find the cause of disconnections.
    no one likes those afk/discon players "played them" by having disconnection excuses, then why they keep doing it? you see? that is griefing!

Many times, there is nothing to be checked because the players are connecting to the rest of the internet and have no issue.
    Many times, these players are talking to us in Teamspeak when they got disconnected.
    When they got connected, they could not predict when it would be disconnected from the game again. It can be 5 seconds, 5 minutes or 5 hours.
    They have no internet issue. The game also does not have internet issue (because others are connected to the game server).
    There are issues in one of the internet gateway somewhere between player's ISP and the game server's ISP. Both ISP, game server and the player have no control of that and you cannot foresee what will happen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    litaaers said:

There is no definitive way to determine an accidental disconnect from an intentional one. So that won't work.

As for tracking disconnects, do you REALLY want the resources poured into that?

Awww... I can't Like it & LOL

• elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    wylonus said:

As a player that has a spotty wifi connection, I can say you are full of hamster HAMSTER. I am in no way responsible for the behaviour of rain clouds!

• twisty#8148 twisty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just ran this skirmish ad 3 of the 5 playersd all stood in the doorway after thye skirmish started and did NOTHING the whole time.. of course a kick vote on any of them got voted down and then you have to wait 4 hours to vote again..4 hours??? WTF kind of garbage is that???? Nothing on here takes 4 hours to do.. thats just stupid.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I just ran this skirmish ad 3 of the 5 playersd all stood in the doorway after thye skirmish started and did NOTHING the whole time.. of course a kick vote on any of them got voted down and then you have to wait 4 hours to vote again..4 hours??? WTF kind of garbage is that???? Nothing on here takes 4 hours to do.. thats just stupid.

The entire Invoke cycle for a character takes 4 hours.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Simple solution to this make the 30 min ban account wide and you cannot enter a random while an alt is in one
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

4 hrs wait to vote again for 15 mins runs? sound like fascism to me. not players fault for having disc/afk grief players and freeloaders que'ing to annoy real players want things done.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    As far as I'm concerned it doesn't really matter if a player is disconnected through no fault of their own or intentionally, they are still disconnected and I firmly believe there should be some kind of in game automatic mechanism to immediately drop a disconnected player and replace them with someone waiting in another queue.

At worst a player disconnected through no fault of their own will have to requeue for a different party and players who have intentionally disconnected will not be able to rejoin a party they disconnected from.

No need for a cooldown period to vote to kick, punitive leaver penalty, limit to how many times a player can initiate a vote to kick and no chance for a player who intentionally disconnects then tries to reconnect to avoid participating will still be able to reap the rewards.

Simple, easy and in my mind completely addresses those who would attempt to exploit dungeons, skirmishes and other players.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    chidion said:

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't really matter if a player is disconnected through no fault of their own or intentionally, they are still disconnected and I firmly believe there should be some kind of in game automatic mechanism to immediately drop a disconnected player and replace them with someone waiting in another queue.

At worst a player disconnected through no fault of their own will have to requeue for a different party and players who have intentionally disconnected will not be able to rejoin a party they disconnected from.

No need for a cooldown period to vote to kick, punitive leaver penalty, limit to how many times a player can initiate a vote to kick and no chance for a player who intentionally disconnects then tries to reconnect to avoid participating will still be able to reap the rewards.

Simple, easy and in my mind completely addresses those who would attempt to exploit dungeons, skirmishes and other players.

Only if you once get disconnect just before the last boss or during fighting the last boss, you would know you don't really want this.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited February 2018

chidion said:

Only if you once get disconnect just before the last boss or during fighting the last boss, you would know you don't really want this.
    That has happened to me, more than once as a matter of fact and sometimes I was able to get back into the same content – but often I wasn’t, I just dealt with it.

It’s not like running a dungeon or skirmish takes a huge chunk of time out of my life or a great deal of effort.

People need to decide if they want to have some kind of mechanism in place to deal with players trying to scam the game and other players by intentionally disconnecting then reconnecting (or not) - or if it is more important to them to be able to (maybe) reconnect to the same queue group if they are, for whatever reason disconnected – people can’t have it both ways.

I still think a built in game mechanism to sever a disconnected player is the most fair and least biased suggestion out there…

Are there going to be some instances of players who get disconnected through no fault of their own and have to re-queue for a different run - Of course there are, but then the removal of a player from content they’ve been disconnected from is the only solution I can think of that would address those players trying to pull a scam without putting the option to kick in the hands of players knowing as we do a few will inevitably abuse that system..

And just for clarification this is in addition to – not in replacement of, the kick timer mechanism that allows players to remove an AFK or otherwise abusive player after the allotted time.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Really? Because what I've seen on these forums that separates a dungeon from a skirmish isn't the time needed. It's the matter of a skirmish has a single boss where a dungeon has multiple bosses.

So, as has been stated elsewhere, the problem comes down to people wanting fast AD.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.