test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Artifact Set - Charm of the Serpent

Was looking this set over for my GF. I currently run two sets. One for my Tac Buff and a broken set for my Conq. build.

With this set my GF could use one set all the time and use the charm artifact as his main for the debuff on enemies.

Would this be a good move to get to a single set with my other artifacts as Tomb of Asec, Sigil of the Control and Horn of Vah.

I would use the Tomb on mobs and switch to the Serpent on the boss.

Let me know what you all think of going to this new mod 13 set.

Comments

• hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    I was also thinking of this set.Could not decide so i wrote the stats down

Serpent Set:
    ----------
    Neck:
    3,5k HP 8 AC 1400 Defense 879 LS
    Waist:
    3,5k HP 2 Con 2 Dex 1400 Defense 879 LS 879 Deflect
    Arti:
    600 Power 1000 ArmPen 1000 LS

Set Bonus +5% Damage

Total stats:
    Damage 6,5%
    RI 12%
    LS 6,8%
    Defense 11%
    Deflect ~2%
    HP 7k HP
    Action Point 2%

My Old mixed "set" of gear
    --------------

Total stats:
    Damage 2%
    Crit 4%
    RI 20%
    CA 6%
    Defense 2,5%
    HP 3,8k
    ActionPoint 5,3%

--------------------------------

In raw stats ,serpent set is the wiiner.However in end game toons,Serpent set offers too much defense:A stat that has no meaning to stack above 95%
    Deflect is unreliable completelly so it is off aswell.
    My personal conclusion is that for the majority of the builds and toons Serpent is way to go.However for min max toons and/or toons that can reach defense cap easily( veteran players with avenger comp gear) there is a debate .
    Personally I ll stick to my old mixed set .Cause I am bored to respec ,write down the boons and spec again.
    If someone do that ,plus writes down everything down on paper ,substitudes hardcap stats in boons with something else ,I think serpent set will be n1 choise.Too much defense too much damage.

Exception is end game toons that defense do not contributes to them.

Serpent set could be usefull in a new hybrid build made from scratch.
    Just my thoughts.Ah I think Serpent set couldbe good for pvp aswell,but i am no expert in this ,I pvp once per month last years.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Set Bonus +5% Damage

How does one activate the set bonus?

Last I checked, the loltooltip said that you need to be moving to activate the bonus, and unfortunately for GF, we don't deal a majority of our DPS by jumping around.

Might be fun for the occasional Bull Charge trolling though.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Set Bonus +5% Damage

How does one activate the set bonus?

Last I checked, the loltooltip said that you need to be moving to activate the bonus, and unfortunately for GF, we don't deal a majority of our DPS by jumping around.

Might be fun for the occasional Bull Charge trolling though.
    Moving is easy to do, simply move and you don't need to move all that much to activate the bonus. I was thinking not only from a DPS but also as a tank due to the defensive stats that the set offers. Yeah I will lose the bonus in damage reduction from the Vah set but instead of managing two sets I could use one. I also like the debuff on the artifact and that would work well with my either build for more damage for myself and my group.

As for the gear that is in the new mod, I will wait and see if it is better than the primal gear I will be using.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I believe you only get the bonus while you are moving.

Granted, GF has a lot of attacks which auto move (Aggravating Strike, Crushing Surge), but I can't see it winning over the Orcus set for DPS purposes.

rjc9000 said:

I believe you only get the bonus while you are moving.

Granted, GF has a lot of attacks which auto move (Aggravating Strike, Crushing Surge), but I can't see it winning over the Orcus set for DPS purposes.

I agree about the Orcus set being BiS for a pure GF DPS. I'm lazy and cheap when it comes to alts and with my GF being an Alt where I may tank one moment and need to be a DPS another I was thinking that this set maybe fit the bill for my style of play on my GF where my GF is not my main. Even my main I'm cheap on that character but at least I have her setup to be effective for either build.

I thought the bonus last for 10 seconds after you moved, making it viable for GF and OP tanks that want to push a bit more damage out of their tank setups, maybe?

Does the new artifact gear have higher IL over the current stuff? If so, the new stuff will be better stat wise for me at least if they are higher IL.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    "How does one activate the set bonus? "
    "I believe you only get the bonus while you are moving."
    "I thought the bonus last for 10 seconds after you moved"

I have not tested it guys,but my experience with cryptic says to me ,that is nearly impossible to make an item-set bonus- that will be active only while you are moving.
    .I think as mebengalsfan said,after you move a bit,you get a flat 5% damage bonus.So will be perma on.
    Orcus set gives GF a perm 2% plus the bonus you get based on the difference in HP between the player and the enemy health.

The broken set at legendary is a straight 6% DPS boost.

Like I said, for a player who is lazy, like myself, that runs both Tank/Buffer and DPS this set seems to be a nice balance between both roles by providing a constant 5% DPS boost and stats towards being a tank.

My question is at max ranking what IL is the new artifact set?