test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game is unplayable

The LAG is out of control since the last update. The rubberbanding even in solo dungeons and in town is embarrassing. I gave it some time to get resolved but I guess it's time to cut losses and hit up a game that's actually playable. fwiw: I have a 100M/30M connection. The game is getting a bit long in the tooth sadly and the rewards for playing without the LAG are on the cusp of not being worth the grind. With the LAG? Ya not so much. Most of the people I play(ed) with have said the hell with it and are playing Skyforge or others.

I guess I'll check back in a month or something maybe and see if it still sucks. Sad because I have spent actual money on the game. Not dumbass money like some folks but still about 50-60USD.

And in the event some have resolved this issue with a router geo tweak or whatever. Please share.
Tagged:

Comments

• tiltawhirling#1261 tiltawhirling Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I agree - and I've dropped a couple hundred. Just renewed VIP for 3 months and now I'm asking myself why, bc I can't even do anything with my guild/alliance.
    If they don't fix it, I'm probably going to quit. Really hacking me off.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

The LAG is out of control since the last update. The rubberbanding even in solo dungeons and in town is embarrassing. I gave it some time to get resolved but I guess it's time to cut losses and hit up a game that's actually playable. fwiw: I have a 100M/30M connection. The game is getting a bit long in the tooth sadly and the rewards for playing without the LAG are on the cusp of not being worth the grind. With the LAG? Ya not so much. Most of the people I play(ed) with have said the hell with it and are playing Skyforge or others.

I guess I'll check back in a month or something maybe and see if it still sucks. Sad because I have spent actual money on the game. Not dumbass money like some folks but still about 50-60USD.

And in the event some have resolved this issue with a router geo tweak or whatever. Please share.

Not sure how long you have been playing but the game was truly unplayable back in August 2016. Dread Ring was so bad that you could reach an area only to be sent back to Sgt. Knox; that is real bad and what I see now is just an up tick in players coming back to the game to test out and modify their character due to 12b changes.

As the population drops it will become better; if the game population increases, it gets worst. Very common for MMOs. Seen in ESO, Wareframe, DCUO, FFXIV, etc...
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    If updates for the intel / amd spec tor flaw were applied to servers it would instantly add crazy lag if they did no upgrades of equipment ..
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

It is not as bad as many think. August 2016 was horrible compared to what we now have. Trust me on this.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I usually don’t get much lag. If I’ve been playing for hours without a reset or if there is an event going on the lag picks up. Sometimes it’s not on the game server side and is on the user side. WiFi, old equipment, low internet speeds can cause issues. I recommend playing with moderate internet speeds, wired and making sure your router/modem is up to date.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.