test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Illusionist Gambit and the new random Q

Please take IG out of the random Q. It takes long enough to get the equipment needed for a companion due to rng and the poor drop rates on +4 without having the instance full of people who don't want to be there and vote to leave after one round because your stupid random Q put them there.

Comments

• sweetlauranasweetlaurana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I was just thinking this today myself. I am usually one of the ones who vote to quit and was thinking about if there are others who purposefully chose to do the squirmish how it must suck for them. I think for now on I will ask in group chat if we all are doing the random queue and if yes, if we can stop at bronze, otherwise we will continue to gold. That assumes everyone looks at game chat and responds.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I managed to drag some of them to silver but yes, if they are there for the AD only they tend to want to leave. I don't know if there is enough volume to maybe separate the two queues, those that are using random and those that are not?

When I can, I ensure I take two others with me and ensure they are in it for the gold win, that way we can ensure the control of the vote.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • wesker#3763 wesker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I can say that I'm one of those people only there because of the random queue. I hated the thing the first time I ran it and only went back a couple times when a friend dragged me in and I always vote to leave. This and the Throne Room one are the two I like the least yet that's where I usually end up. Please, like these guys said, do something about it.
  • wesker#3763 wesker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I can say that I'm one of those people only there because of the random queue. I hated the thing the first time I ran it and only went back a couple times when a friend dragged me in and I always vote to leave. This and the Throne Room one are the two I like the least yet that's where I usually end up. Please, like these guys said, do something about it. I forgot to add "Prophecy of Madness" to the list.

• undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I run it with 2 buddies, that makes you sure you that the vote is in your favor. Also, I play a HR, (read Overpowered), so we always have enough firepower. ^^
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I will gladly trade places with anyone when I get dropped into this Skirmish with a group of 5k DPS squishies who don't seem to understand that Silver and Gold mean "Harder than Bronze".

"Oh, look... its the reflect damage phase, all the monsters are L73 and there's no tank or healer... Oh, look... everyone's dead."

I have tried, God knows I've tried... "Gold is harder than Silver and we haven't had the reflect damage yet... let's stick with silver." I've started typing that into chat before I do Random Skirmish so that I can say it quickly, but no...

Ive got a couple of characters who are about as far removed from BiS as its possible to be without walking round naked and unarmed. When my poxy little SW is far and above the tankiest healiest mass damage machine in the group... we äin't getting silver... and since I can no longer buzz him through solo MOTH for his daily RAD, I have to inflict him on the world at large.
  • starlitclericstarlitcleric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yes! For the love of everything good please take this out of the skirmish que, it is awful. I'm having to do this one now every single night on all of my characters and I hate it.

Doesn't matter if you vote no, there is usually only one other person who does, so 3 against 2. I would only like to do this one on my own choosing. Now, every dam night there are groups forming for it, and I hit random, oh wow what a surprise its IG yet again.

Please stop with this. Plus it seems like people are going out of their way to que for it every night because they want to play IG till the end of time, for some lousy cheap companion gear or whatever else is so amazing about it.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    All the people who go into IG with three players and have the vote rigged to stay, is why I always afk after bronze. These people can force me to stay for my AD, but they cannot force me to participate. I hope to see more RQ players doing this.
    edited February 2018

All the people who go into IG with three players and have the vote rigged to stay, is why I always afk after bronze. These people can force me to stay for my AD, but they cannot force me to participate. I hope to see more RQ players doing this.

this is why that q needs votekick.
    Believe me, I would love to be kicked from a gold run. But only if the devs can find a way to replace players. Then there is incentive to kick asap. Otherwise, people cruel enough to force others to stay will be cruel enough to wait till the last moment to kick and the RQ player won't get their AD.

this is why that q needs votekick.
    Believe me, I would love to be kicked from a gold run. But only if the devs can find a way to replace players. Then there is incentive to kick asap. Otherwise, people cruel enough to force others to stay will be cruel enough to wait till the last moment to kick and the RQ player won't get their AD.
    Once a character is gone from a dungeon you can go into the menu and request reinforcements.
    Unfortunately, with a skirmish, this would only be useful if the player abandons, cos most skirmishes are over by the time a vote to kick becomes active.

I think the kick timer should be dropped to 5 minutes for a skirmish. I'm getting fed up of some jackasses Disconnecting on the Underdark skirmishes (notably PoM) which means no one can advance even into the skirmish to begin with.
    Can I put out a general request that if you are going to DC on a skirmish that you do so AFTER the gateway runs its course. Its just an extra few seconds and is about the most basic courtesy one can show to the other players in there with you.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    It’s frustrating when a player reads ilvls and leaves a skirmish. I had one in Throne leave and go to PE. I ended up taking the leaver penalty and playing on another toon for a bit.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User

It’s frustrating when a player reads ilvls and leaves a skirmish. I had one in Throne leave and go to PE. I ended up taking the leaver penalty and playing on another toon for a bit.

I always check the other players item levels in any group content now. Sick of carrying under geared players.
    I carry for skirmishes, dungeons, and low epic dungeons since it's easy enough. I'm only there for the AD and they are quick. Now if I load into etos or higher I'll check ilvl and give them a shot. If it goes smooth in the beginning I'll usually stick with it. I had a bit of fun with a group in ECC that barely made the ilvl requirement. Yes, it took 45 minutes, but they listened and learned, so, it was worth it.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    IG isn't THAT bad with a balanced group but unconvential party compositions can turn it into a nightmare and if you're going past bronze, the RNG is such that the drops aren't really worth the additional time invested. That being said, the devs already pulled MPF out of the Random Skirmish so I wouldn't necessarily object if they pulled IG as well, BUT ONLY if they take PoM with it! I loathe that skirmish above all others, including IG.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

I'd imagine most POM/ToDG leavers leave so fast that they couldn't have time to inspect people. If you see an empty slot, quickly leave before someone else shows up. Whether you get a penalty or not depends on having an empty player slot.
    edited February 2018
    I would not be holding my breath for any IG changes. A change will probably require a bit of story rewrite. With a new mod that just dropped, I'm sure most, if not all, dev resources are dedicated to it.

Of course, the easiest fix is one the players already have access to - pre-made groups. With a decent group, gold can be done in under 15 minutes. That's four successful gold runs in an hour. Why take your chances with RQ, afkers, leavers, super-lowbies, and crappy party composition. You probably end up with only two, maybe three if you are lucky, successful gold runs in an hour. Seems almost half as efficient farming with RQ over pre-made.

There's still a lot of people queuing for the POM and ToDG horror that RQ players have to deal with. Give us a break and stop trolling us with IG gold runs.
    I doubt they will remove IG from RQ also because that would cut off the fleece runners. No one would bother getting the weapon as the queue time will be much longer and contain mostly gold runners.
    edited March 2018

you do have to accept before you q for a random q that you might get ig and you might get ig gold and that has to temper if you choose to run the random q. because at the end of the day it comes down to YOU not everyone else. either YOU accept that you may end up with ig and you may be there because gold runners qued for it specifically. and you may end up with a gold run. and you are prepared to play it. or seriously don't q for the skirmish.

Do you stay and run every FBI/mSP that pops in your ERQ? Because, by this logic, if you leave, then YOU are trolling the person who queued up for it as he now has to wait for a replacement willing to stay. If you actually stay for every FBI/mSP, then you are a better person then I am.

or seriously don't q for the skirmish. it's not that much ad. you get more ad running tuern over and over again from salvage.

You get one blue salvage, and one more if you are lucky the boss drops one. You'd have to run eSoT like three times to get more AD than one RQ skirmish. If you think gold rewards probabilities is worth you time, then no surprise you think this is a good idea also.

ig gold runners look at bronze runners as a troll so stop. it goes both ways. no one has to private q but you do have to accept before you q for a random q that you might get ig and you might get ig gold and that has to temper if you choose to run the random q. because at the end of the day it comes down to YOU not everyone else. either YOU accept that you may end up with ig and you may be there because gold runners qued for it specifically. and you may end up with a gold run. and you are prepared to play it. or seriously don't q for the skirmish. it's not that much ad. you get more ad running tuern over and over again from salvage.

But the issue is that you shouldn't have to "put up with" something that was a stupid idea to begin with.
    Part of the feedback process, (and I assume they invite feedback due to them hosting a Feedback board on the forum) is that players will complain about stuff they don't like.
    If the developers attitude is that "you chose to play the game, so put up with the changes" I'd be disappointed at their attitude to the feedback they invited.

IF Gold rewards were regularly, noticeably, better than bronze, and IF +5 companion gear was better than +4, (whoever dreamed THAT mess up needs have a rethink...) I'm sure more people would continue past bronze.

IG is a fun monster mosh. At first... It quickly becomes stale.
    Boring content needs to be balanced with enticing rewards for people to want to play it.

But since we now have to "put up with" being herded into content we dont particularly want to play thanks to the genius who dreamed up Random Queues, I'm not sure that player enjoyment is a factor in the decision making process.

ig gold runners look at bronze runners as a troll so stop. it goes both ways. no one has to private q but you do have to accept before you q for a random q that you might get ig and you might get ig gold and that has to temper if you choose to run the random q. because at the end of the day it comes down to YOU not everyone else. either YOU accept that you may end up with ig and you may be there because gold runners qued for it specifically. and you may end up with a gold run. and you are prepared to play it. or seriously don't q for the skirmish. it's not that much ad. you get more ad running tuern over and over again from salvage.

But the issue is that you shouldn't have to "put up with" something that was a stupid idea to begin with.
    Part of the feedback process, (and I assume they invite feedback due to them hosting a Feedback board on the forum) is that players will complain about stuff they don't like.
    If the developers attitude is that "you chose to play the game, so put up with the changes" I'd be disappointed at their attitude to the feedback they invited.

IF Gold rewards were regularly, noticeably, better than bronze, and IF +5 companion gear was better than +4, (whoever dreamed THAT mess up needs have a rethink...) I'm sure more people would continue past bronze.

IG is a fun monster mosh. At first... It quickly becomes stale.
    Boring content needs to be balanced with enticing rewards for people to want to play it.

But since we now have to "put up with" being herded into content we dont particularly want to play thanks to the genius who dreamed up Random Queues, I'm not sure that player enjoyment is a factor in the decision making process.

I never said I was against changes to this q. I'm all for them changing this. I am not pro random q as it stands.

but as it stands NOW.. it really is a matter of personal choice. You are in control of your life and how your time is spent. it's no use being hamstery to other players who want to play differently than you. because YOU have a choice of whether or not you want to be there or not. You know there are chances of getting ques you dont like. and it's going to take time.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the time and effort to run RED que. I do it very very rarely. almost never now that I can run Tong. if I want to run something I que for it in particular. the ad just isn't worth it.

as far as the rewards being noticeably different... they are. yeah if you run it 3 times a week you're not going to notice but if you're farming it's really noticeable. and yeah the plus five sucks but who is trying for that? your chances of getting a plus four are MUCH MUCH higher on gold. you get nothing for bronze. it's really not worth doing.
    So on the only skirmish that genuinely offers a "Personal Choice" of leaving if enough people want to, it's wong to exercise that personal choice?

I run 8 toons a day through the Random mess. Nearly half of the skirmishes I land are IG, (with MOTH second...) thats between 30 and 40 runs a week.
    If I would have to run considerably more than that to find decent gear I'd consider that wasted time.

Since, clearly, many people are running IG for daily RAD rather than the desire to either a) earn a +4 whatever, or b) God help me... for the FUN of it, many people will continue to exercise their Personal choice to tell the Illusionist, when offered the personal choice, to go stuff his Gambit up his flu.

I just wish that more PUGs consisting mainly of 5-6k DPS squishies would have the good sense God gave little chickens and exercise THEIR personal choice more wisely.

I just wish that more PUGs consisting mainly of 5-6k DPS squishies would have the good sense God gave little chickens and exercise THEIR personal choice more wisely.

Nobody wants to be in a farm group with 5K toons. The only way they can do gold is via the queue and hope some near-BiS GWF gets pulled in and carry the group. A few wipes and walking away with nothing should improve their decision making.

Nobody wants to be in a farm group with 5K toons. The only way they can do gold is via the queue and hope some near-BiS GWF gets pulled in and carry the group. A few wipes and walking away with nothing should improve their decision making.
    You'd think so, but if there's one thing I've learned from the way people STILL can't stop themselves from knocking seven shades of HAMSTER out of the Hulks in Throne, whatever IL they've achieved... is that some folk take a LOOOOONG time to figure that HAMSTER out.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have been running into the hulk smashers lately too, I try to kindly inform them in the chat of the need to not kill the hulks and if they can't stop I just leave....
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies