test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Lost City of Omu Rewards

Comments

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

I've got the perfect idea for the minmax crowd. A peripheral in the shape of a glove that gives you +1% crit severity when you punch yourself in the face with it.

I'm already hitting fairly severe diminishing returns on crit severity, no thanks. If it were a percent damage increase though...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    When did AoC not go by the recipient's HP?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • designedbyrng#4319 designedbyrng Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    > @pitshade said:
    > When did AoC not go by the recipient's HP?
    That would be my point. I want to see the nerf patch note.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

I've got the perfect idea for the minmax crowd. A peripheral in the shape of a glove that gives you +1% crit severity when you punch yourself in the face with it.

I'm already hitting fairly severe diminishing returns on crit severity, no thanks. If it were a percent damage increase though...
    Free critsev tho, can't ever have enough of it.

@pitshade
    It used to go by pally's health. That's why the sudden shift in pretty much every DPS using health boon instead of defense/lifesteal/whatever. That's why everyone I know is switching to radiants in defense. 200k+ health CWs and HAMSTER ahoy.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    To try make things there on-topic again, the point is that the Ranged DPS bonus should not be on an armlet, because it disfavors classes that rely on both encounters AND ranged damage. The problem IMO is not with the GWF stuff, just with the 2 armlet competing.

The harder to get from hunt things is a little bit nitpicky for me, because 2 smop to 2 gmop is no real difference for an endgame player. Even less, if you spend time hunting and then it's just drops into you while trying to assemble higher tier lures or to get +5 rings.
    Just make a helmet with +3% ranged damage and be done with it xd
    @"dragonwizard#9636"
    I'm fairly sure the empowerment was the failure of the black ice gear 2.0. Vivification is just another form of upgrading gear. It's like elemental for dragonflight gear.
  • blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Feedback
    Regarding the new Artifact Weapon sets.

Tyrant Weapons: These weapons can only be aquired by mid/late game characters. Which will only run mid/late game content in which you don't spend more than 150 seconds in Combat. If you wield those weapons bossfights won't take that long and often there are little drops of the "Combat" stance in Bossfights including the new Cradle of the Deathgod.
    Masterwork Set: These weapon's seem out of place. The current Tier II Masterwork weapon's are the go-to choice for Support Characters. These new Masterwork Weapons seem like the replacement for the Relic Weapons, which really don't fit in the "Guild/Stronghold" category with their set bonus. Also the bonus is again outshined by Primal.
    Pioneer: Very nice for character's who haven't maxed out their stats yet, but questionable in my view if the massive investment of RP into a setbonus that becomes more and more obsolete is that good for character progression.
    Pilgrim: An interesting solid Set Bonus. I would love to use this everywhere outside of bossfights, IF Primal Set wouldn't exists.
    Primal: With the current multi Support meta, heals will fly around nonstop and in the current preview patch there is 0 Cooldown on this set. Hence it is by far the best choice for anybody who can make use of the 10% damage bonus.

In general there isn't a solid choice for support characters, so they will most likely stay with Masterwork II sets.
    Primal with it's consistency far outpowers other sets for DPS.
    Bonuses feel quite "plain". % here % there. Of course one % will be best and the other sets will become irrelevant.

Gear from Hunts
    First off. I am quite a foreigner to DnD even after 4 years playing this game, but this feels DnD! Unique items, with story and interesting bonus effects. I love this! I always wondered why after the Exodus of Avator of War, High Prophet and so on. We couldn't have these cool effects, but split on single pieces of equipment.
    I really like the new Gear from a DPS classes view. It is nice to counterbalance stats vs the % boni. Though in many casses of course the % boni win out if you are highly geared. It is kind of confusing, because the Hunt gear is more accessable than the Primal gear, but in Character Progression you want Primal to hit Armor Penetration, Recovery and Critical Chance Breakpoints. Though later on with high rank Enchantments, you can drop Primal armor while maintaining these Breakpoints for the added damage %es from Hunt gear.
    On the other hand for Supports there doesn't seem much to be gained. One the one side that's "bad" for support characters on the other hand they are already very powerful to the point were you want 4 of them in a group and 1 DPS. (And no the nerfs to DCs don't break the 2 DC meta) This is another topic though.

Vivification
    I like this. Vivification basically adds a sense of progression without "much" actual progression. As we are hitting another point in Neverwinter's timeline were players start to seriously overpower the content, this is much needed. Too bad barely anybody will use primal gear outside of supports as Hunt Gear offers these juicy bonis.

Exaltation
    Holy smokes, the Weapon Damage. I am intrigued how we are going to move on after Module 13.
    This feels like Module 5 were players basically ate Dungeon Bosses for breakfast and 5 man parties crushed a 20 player raid trial in mere minutes.
    Little Conspiracy Theory on the side:
    Artifact Gear in m13 - Artifact Gear in m5
    Masterwork - Jewelcrafting
    Lost City of Omu - Well of Dragons
    Campaign - Campaign
    Cradle of the Deathgod - Temple of Tiamat
    Secret Dragon Race with Wizard hats - Soulbinder Paragon Path
    WHAT?

Feedback
    Regarding the new Artifact Weapon sets.

Tyrant Weapons: These weapons can only be aquired by mid/late game characters. Which will only run mid/late game content in which you don't spend more than 150 seconds in Combat. If you wield those weapons bossfights won't take that long and often there are little drops of the "Combat" stance in Bossfights including the new Cradle of the Deathgod.
    Masterwork Set: These weapon's seem out of place. The current Tier II Masterwork weapon's are the go-to choice for Support Characters. These new Masterwork Weapons seem like the replacement for the Relic Weapons, which really don't fit in the "Guild/Stronghold" category with their set bonus. Also the bonus is again outshined by Primal.
    Pioneer: Very nice for character's who haven't maxed out their stats yet, but questionable in my view if the massive investment of RP into a setbonus that becomes more and more obsolete is that good for character progression.
    Pilgrim: An interesting solid Set Bonus. I would love to use this everywhere outside of bossfights, IF Primal Set wouldn't exists.
    Primal: With the current multi Support meta, heals will fly around nonstop and in the current preview patch there is 0 Cooldown on this set. Hence it is by far the best choice for anybody who can make use of the 10% damage bonus.

In general there isn't a solid choice for support characters, so they will most likely stay with Masterwork II sets.
    Primal with it's consistency far outpowers other sets for DPS.
    Bonuses feel quite "plain". % here % there. Of course one % will be best and the other sets will become irrelevant.

Gear from Hunts
    First off. I am quite a foreigner to DnD even after 4 years playing this game, but this feels DnD! Unique items, with story and interesting bonus effects. I love this! I always wondered why after the Exodus of Avator of War, High Prophet and so on. We couldn't have these cool effects, but split on single pieces of equipment.
    I really like the new Gear from a DPS classes view. It is nice to counterbalance stats vs the % boni. Though in many casses of course the % boni win out if you are highly geared. It is kind of confusing, because the Hunt gear is more accessable than the Primal gear, but in Character Progression you want Primal to hit Armor Penetration, Recovery and Critical Chance Breakpoints. Though later on with high rank Enchantments, you can drop Primal armor while maintaining these Breakpoints for the added damage %es from Hunt gear.
    On the other hand for Supports there doesn't seem much to be gained. One the one side that's "bad" for support characters on the other hand they are already very powerful to the point were you want 4 of them in a group and 1 DPS. (And no the nerfs to DCs don't break the 2 DC meta) This is another topic though.

Vivification
    I like this. Vivification basically adds a sense of progression without "much" actual progression. As we are hitting another point in Neverwinter's timeline were players start to seriously overpower the content, this is much needed. Too bad barely anybody will use primal gear outside of supports as Hunt Gear offers these juicy bonis.

Exaltation
    Holy smokes, the Weapon Damage. I am intrigued how we are going to move on after Module 13.
    This feels like Module 5 were players basically ate Dungeon Bosses for breakfast and 5 man parties crushed a 20 player raid trial in mere minutes.
    Little Conspiracy Theory on the side:
    Artifact Gear in m13 - Artifact Gear in m5
    Masterwork - Jewelcrafting
    Lost City of Omu - Well of Dragons
    Campaign - Campaign
    Cradle of the Deathgod - Temple of Tiamat
    Secret Dragon Race with Wizard hats

- Soulbinder Paragon Path
    WHAT?

So not only is M13 like M5 because of those things you listed, but the 60-70 XP curve has been decreased, so it's in line with 50-60 and so on, like they did in M5? Lvl 80 confirmed.

I already predicted this, and posted a few times - I think they're holding off any major class re-balances for lvl80, because they can add new feats, and they could completely change the class hierarchy.
    For example, assuming both are going for DPS - a GF can get a HAMSTER tier feat that no one will use, so they'd have to put points into less desirable feats to get the last feat (as we get 10 feat points). A SW can get a REALLY good feat that makes the class very good, and therefore helps SWs a lot, making them viable. One class gets a tiny increase that you usually get with a level up, and another class which is underperforming gets a really good feat to actually do its job. One class kinda stagnates, one gets better, and that's exactly what needs to happen. If they do the LC increase right, great.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

@designedbyrng#4319
    GWFs and CWs get an equal amount of % damage increase, and there are items specifically made for ranged dps increase. Anyways, the only item most GWFs will get is the Fured Kuino of the bear because it's got good stats and a nice bonus (3%). Rest has just terrible stats for us.

Anyways, I don't get why people are complaining about this gear. They did it perfectly - they wanted to decrease how dependent a players is on buffs. That's exactly why they nerfed Aura of Courage and 2x DC meta. Nothing will change. AoC does a LOT of damage, and now that has been nerfed by almost 50%. Bear your sins and weapons of light no longer stack, 2 pretty big nerfs as well. So we're ALL getting nerfed. Getting 6% damage isn't very significant.

Also, I kinda have my doubts that you've tried the new trial. Any sort of help will be good for that, so even lower geared groups can do it. So the impact of losing a DC or a pally during the fight, while significant, won't make the whole run impossible.

clarify please what do you mean aura of courage nerfed by almost 50%?
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Mane of the Manticore: ~75k damage after getting hit after you use your daily? Why not? TRs weren't untouchable enough already between their bloodbath every 10 seconds, stealth and impossible to catch. Now if you attempt to touch them, you can just die. You should know better to touch TRs. (Creative naming by the way.)

Just a heads up, we've seen a lot of concern about this specific item in PvP. The perks on all of the items on preview had not yet gone through review by the systems team at large, so some of them will be getting adjustments. In particular, this item will be receiving an internal cooldown to prevent abuse.

In regards to the damage value, keep in mind that that damage is still subject to the global PvP damage reduction of 60% and any of your own defenses, so to get hit for 75,000 damage your trickster rogue would have to be rocking around 400,000 maximum hit points. We'll definitely be watching how this item affects PvP though. So thank you for continuing to call these instances out.
    @asterdahl
    I thought global resistance was only 40%, and since this global resist is capped at 80% along with normal damage resistance you are still going to take a minimum of 10% of your maximum hit points in damage.

However, there are exceptions to this. Lets examine two semi-realistic players in PVP

Trickster Rogue has 200k HP
    Enemy 200k HP

Lets assume the enemy has infinite damage resistance.

1. TR procs Shadow of Demise on an opponent with some encounter that did 0 damage for whatever reason
    2. TR uses a daily that does 0 damage for whatever reason
    3. Enemy hits the rogue
    4. Enemy takes 20,000 (100,000) damage
    5. Wait a few seconds
    6. Shadow of Demise procs for 30,000 (50,000) damage

Mane of the Manticore through shadow of demise just dealt 50,000 damage after mitigation. If the opponent had been a trickster rogue with 75% deflection severity in impossible to catch, it still would have dealt 35,000 damage after mitigation. To say the least, this item is scary. It might be less scary with a cooldown, but to say the least, this item is very scary.
    asterdahl said:

Mane of the Manticore: ~75k damage after getting hit after you use your daily? Why not? TRs weren't untouchable enough already between their bloodbath every 10 seconds, stealth and impossible to catch. Now if you attempt to touch them, you can just die. You should know better to touch TRs. (Creative naming by the way.)

Just a heads up, we've seen a lot of concern about this specific item in PvP. The perks on all of the items on preview had not yet gone through review by the systems team at large, so some of them will be getting adjustments. In particular, this item will be receiving an internal cooldown to prevent abuse.

In regards to the damage value, keep in mind that that damage is still subject to the global PvP damage reduction of 60% and any of your own defenses, so to get hit for 75,000 damage your trickster rogue would have to be rocking around 400,000 maximum hit points. We'll definitely be watching how this item affects PvP though. So thank you for continuing to call these instances out.
    Could you change one of the 2 helmets that give bonus damage that depends on health into +3% ranged damage? Other than that, glad to see that TRs won't be even more effin overpowered in PvP.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2018

I thought global resistance was only 40%

You are correct. I apologize, we've been adjusting a bunch of those variables internally for weekly PvP playtests lately. (We're always testing what sort of effect large changes to these values can have on the overall feel of PvP. Please note however, we have no immediate plans to make any sweeping adjustments to these values, in this case I was simply mistaken and recalled the inverse value.)

Mane of the Manticore through shadow of demise just dealt 50,000 damage after mitigation. If the opponent had been a trickster rogue with 75% deflection severity in impossible to catch, it still would have dealt 35,000 damage after mitigation. To say the least, this item is scary. It might be less scary with a cooldown, but to say the least, this item is very scary.

As you pointed out, shadow of demise really plays well with the mane. We've considered branching the mane's damage with a separate PvP and PvE value, as we think the value is completely fine as is in PvE, but we generally try to avoid branching as it can start to feel arbitrary. We will definitely consider further adjustments as we approach launch and absolutely make adjustments if the item ends up being problematic post launch.
    macjae said:

The ICD helps, but it would probably be better with smaller, more consistent hits, than sudden big ones. The latter is more random in nature, and randomly dying even though you seemingly did nothing wrong other than hit someone is not fun.

We are aware of this general complaint with the game's large number of proc effects vis-a-vis PvP, and by in large we agree. I can't promise any specific changes but it is something the team is absolutely thinking about how to make better in the long term. In the mean time, we appreciate your continued feedback on the more egregious cases and will endeavor to make adjustments.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @asterdahl

It is good to see the devs have started to do weekly PVP play-tests again :D

as far as "avoiding branching as it can start to feel arbitrary"

things can go either way it can feel arbitrary and unfair if some powers / items do not have dual effects( branched ) or use in pvp or pve
    as well ..also players cry fouls cause x y z item/power was nerfed . buffed due to pvp / pve falsely or justly by the devs or due to player complaints

many items/controversial powers (excessive cc stuns etc ) in pvp in past mods were /have been left broken for months adding further toxicity and frustration and confusion as far as pvp direction/balance is going by the devs as perceived by the players .

also the lack of any commentary by the design team regarding a pvp roadmap and CC changes or feedback from the dev that created it
    also weighs heavily on the communities mind

finally the lack of any real rewards in pvp or things to buy / exchange / earn as illustrated in this thread

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1237309/to-the-devs-a-fleshed-out-suggestion-for-pvp-rewards

Thank you for your time
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    edited February 2018

-Pioneeer weapons give the stats if they call you in party without accept the invitation based on how many are already in party.
    -Primal weapons are permanent activated with a healer type class in party.
    You can /follow your healer and you will get " potential heals 10% of your max hp* that means that you dont even need to lose health to get heal= proc the buff.

if primal weapons work as intended then why you bother to put a condition when you can have the buff 24/7 with "Potential heals".

cooldown 20 sec for this one i suggest.

Post edited by mamalion1234 on

-Pioneeer weapons give the stats if they call you in party without accept the invitation based on how many are already in party.
    -Primal weapons give the buff to the player even if he get heal to his full health ( aka " fake heal")or if lost 1% of life for example and got heal 10% of maximum hit points( again "fake heal").

2nd is according to some WAI. Otherwise you'd literally never have the buff uptime, so potential heals count as well.
    edited February 2018

-Primal weapons give the buff to the player even if he get heal to his full health ( aka " fake heal")or if lost 1% of life for example and got heal 10% of maximum hit points( again "fake heal").

2nd is according to some WAI. Otherwise you'd literally never have the buff uptime, so potential heals count as well.
    i dont think so since the weapon can proc while i am doing nothing and the healer class engage in combat and proc it for me on what i get heal on 100% life? But anyway we will see if it get an adjustment.

i dont think so since the weapon can proc while i am doing nothing and the healer class engage in combat and proc it for me on what i get heal on 100% life? But anyway we will see if it get an adjustment.
    You're not getting healed but the log does show that some healing is applied. The point is, if it didn't count potential heals, and the way endgame players and dungeons are, this would be a big no-no for even the tanks who take the bulk of the damage. Players rarely drop below 90% health, and when they do they're usually dead. It's better this way.
    edited February 2018

You're not getting healed but the log does show that some healing is applied. The point is, if it didn't count potential heals, and the way endgame players and dungeons are, this would be a big no-no for even the tanks who take the bulk of the damage. Players rarely drop below 90% health, and when they do they're usually dead. It's better this way.
    i meant to proc if u really lose hitpoints. so if you have 100k hp you have to drop to 90k and then a heal 10k+ to proc the weapon but not when you are at full health.

i meant to proc if u really lose hitpoints. so if you have 100k hp you have to drop to 90k and then a heal 10k+ to proc the weapon but not when you are at full health.
    And THAT is the issue - you almost NEVER go below 90% health and stay alive. So it's either you get hit and take no damage due to buffs etc, or you insta die.
    edited February 2018
    Just wanted to chime in again and say that it is very weird to have defense stats (lifesteal, defense, deflect etc) on the new artifact set with an offense set bonus, while the set with a defensive set bonus has offense stats (crit, armor pen etc). Is there any chance that these could be switched, so that we could actually use these artifact new sets?

As of right now, I cannot see any class other than anointed champion and maybe a few hunter rangers (but even then it's doubtful), upgrading to the new artifact sets.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Question:

Is it possible to repeatedly run Fane of the Night Serpent and get multiple Ring of the Shadowstalker, or is the +4 Shadowstalker ring a unique one time only reward?

rjc9000 said:

Question:

Is it possible to repeatedly run Fane of the Night Serpent and get multiple Ring of the Shadowstalker, or is the +4 Shadowstalker ring a unique one time only reward?

@rjc9000
    Tbh I'm very, VERY afraid of how will they handle the drops. Unforgiven did a run of it, and didn't get a ring at all, let alone +4. So you get to run it ONCE A WEEK to MAYBE get a chance to get a +2 ring or something. I'm sorry but I just ain't following the supposed logic here.
    edited February 2018
    So it seems to be even worse than I expected. Not only do melee classes get better gear, but the ranged gear doesn't even work properly. Testing using the Eyestalk Wrappers (+3% ranged damage) and the Fured Kiuno of the Bear these control wizard powers are:

Disintegrate -- ranged
    Ice Knife -- ranged
    Ray of Enfeeblement -- ranged
    Storm Pillar -- ranged
    Conduit of Ice -- neither ranged or melee
    Icy Terrain -- neither ranged or melee
    Oppressive Force -- neither ranged or melee
    Shard of Endless Avalanche -- neither ranged or melee
    Steal Time -- neither ranged or melee
    Sudden Storm -- neither ranged or melee

At the very least, powers that aren't ranged should probably be considered melee and vice versa.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Lvl the 80 trickster encounter confirmed, blinding strike. (Once hit the enemy screen goes black for 8 seconds, breaking all targeting ability)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!