test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Few Suggestions

adyziadyzi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Hi,

If possible I would like to suggest few things.

-First it would be nice in character choicing window to add golden border to see which character is at display at the moment. Light blue light is not good for people with bad eyes like me :(

-It would be nice to be able to navigate characters in choicing window to set them from top as we like. Some of us have a lot of alts and me for example I would like to set them from most useful or my main from the top.

-Invocation (ctrl+I) when You have a tons of alts you have to relog 10-20 some probably 50 times a day and some do that 7 times in one day. That probably put some stress over servers when so many people is reloging just to do it on all alts.
My suggestion is to add additional VIP lvl 13,15 or 18 on which if You use Invocation on one char all others receive it too. But this blessing would only give You Celestial Coin if You want Ardent Coin and Celestial Bag You have to relog.
Other option is to make Invocation(for celestial Coin only) accound wide. So one character can do it to whole account. Now some will say the will lose chance for Coalescent Ward so chance of dropping it should be rised or chance to drop 1-5Pcs. should be added. Also higher VIP lvl can add additional drop chance for this coin or more alts You have lvl 70 then the bigger chance it is to get it ( not to big) we don't want to many people running T14 :)

-Refinements Ponts – at the moment they are character bound. Please change it into account bound.
At this point we are sending stones to other character use RP and send it back. It takes a lot of time and instead of having fun with game we have to waste it on this.

-Legendary mount from a world drop. This might be to greedy but maybe You could reconsider adding a Legendary mount drop from killing monsters. Let's say once every 20-30 days someone who kill a monster will drop a special new kind of legendary mount. If it will be bound on pick up/ account or bound on equip I leave to Your decision.

Best Regards
Hygieia
Tagged:

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I don't think they are trying to encourage those with Celestial or Leadership Armies; or at least make it easier to claim benefits without logging the characters in. I've just never understood those who could even attempt 20, let alone 54 character's which is the maximum. I'd go batty trying to switch between that many... I'm even hesitant about adding a 8th Warlock so I have one of each class; but might if they considered a Monk or maybe a Bard. Still 8 or 9 is the most I'd likely want to ever create as I like to play each one I create - I couldn't just turn one into something that simply PRAYS for wards so others can be blessed more than they should - I just think there is something wrong with that picture.

Remember the vast majority of players probably don't even have 4-5 characters over 13-14k to compete in the latest Campaign area; it requires being at least equipped to have a bit of hope. :(

I've also never understood those who had too many characters. Though I know why they do it, one chest for a chance at a Preservation &/or Coalescent Ward every 11 days. If you have 54 character's that's 162 Celestial Chests every 33 days, and they likely stockpile Chests for a 2x event I'm sure. So every 3 month they're likely getting 2-6 Coalescent Ward's and possibly 75-225+ Preservation Wards - and all just for praying on 40-54 characters they rarely if EVER play.

I honestly think it's SAD the game has encouraged players to have to create more than 20 characters; I mean previously if there were 8 classes prior to loadouts some may have required 16 or so for different boons / gear options. Still I think it's crazy some have mastered the LOGIN & PRAY then LOGOUT and can do it at 1 second per character. Like OMG they should get Demi-God status accolade in game for logging into 50+ characters in less than 2 minutes. ;)

Having said that I liked what you said about consolidating Celestial Coins being an Account Wide Benefit. I think however if they reduced Celestial Coins to being an Account Wide benefit, they'd have to drop more Preservation Ward's (1, 2, 5 or 10) based on RNG; not to mention a slightly Higher Chance of a Coal. :*

I'd be welcome also to one additional level of VIP, yet doubt higher levels at any point, benefits offered are already generous. But I liked what one suggested below for Level 13 to summon a SEAL vendor would be a Nice benefit. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    And it's HIGHLY unlikely that legendary mounts will drop from anything in game other than lockboxes.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Updating VIP is something we've discussed so definitely appreciate any related suggestions or feedback!

Thanks for bringing up the selector color choice as making our games more accessible is important to us!
  • rhaknalmrhaknalm Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Vip is pretty rock solid now, i mean if you are gonna do something along those lines i would say make it so if its acc wide invocation, every toon still gets their coins, i don't think raising the coal ward drop or increasing the amount is the answer. it should be put in the vip claim tab and you click it when you log into those toons, otherwise it would be a loss and we would have no incentive to level up our vip. i currently do eight toons, and i would rather log manually then lose out. OR another suggestion would be to make it so you get 1 coin per toon on the main character you invoke on, so if you have 8 toons you get 16 coins daily, and you just raise the coin cap passed 14, that's the only way i can see that working.

Besides the invocation suggestion what else would you give for VIP increase? any more discounts in wondrous bazaar, would not be good. more xp gain probably not since already stupid easy to level to 70, drop rate increase, i would advise against since you guys already give us fairly high drop rates. maybe access to exclusive content? nothing game changing just fun activities or retro dungeons, for unique transmutes or mounts, its currently 500k ad for 1 vip level so it wouldn't affect the f2p player base.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Being part of a guild I would really like to be able to summon the coffer. You really would not need to increase the VIP to do it, but put it in a open slot.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

And it's HIGHLY unlikely that legendary mounts will drop from anything in game other than lockboxes.

They do already drop, extremely rarely, from two events. Summer festival and Day of the Dungeon Master (Portobello).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Lockable location points for signpost travel upgrade over just gate to gate.

Example: bypass the annoying run to the end of ebon downs or neverwinter graveyards. Run the first time...set a waypoint unique to character, thereafter when you summon signpost and you click a location on the overmap a sub location is offered for your waypoint(s) like underdark or icewind dale does.

I imagine a set limit of waypoints would need to be established, like 1 or 2 per zone max. Or maybe a few per character limit, maybe like VIP level, 1 for each level of VIP max 12.

Unbind everything to account as a VIP benefit, I can think of nearly nothing BoP or BoE that is game changing enough not to allow it moved around your account. The only truly bad is some things getting into AH or gifted to others or guild vault, since its not leaving your account it's not getting there. This would allow that thing-a-ma-jig you have not used often, but can't stand to toss be movable to still keep on other toon. Or obsolete junk salvagable on other toon. Or converted to RP on other toon.

Summon master merchant lord vendor. Instead of the mere resource vendor, summon a merchant lord that sells everything vendors sell, maybe that would be to many panes per npc access, so maybe a sub menu of what type of merchant you want to summon.

This might be to abusable to get lowbies into spots they shouldn't, but an idea: Summon group. Allow you to pull your group to your current location, you trigger, they get a y/n popup to teleport to you. This would enhance the group play you are so often shoving down our throats......would let a group from dispersed locales gather far more rapidly to group content.

When the wardrobe gets up and running....non toon type costumes transferable to alts. Let a CW cosplay a OP costume for a kick or a GWF double weap as a TR costume. Now maybe going full cross dressing would shake NW to it core...but a TR looking like a GF, but actually still fighting TR should'nt melt the server, It don't to have the head, top, bottom costume not showing your GWF massive sword hidden in your skirt/bodice, but pop into your hands when fighting!

Just a few spit balled ideas.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    Collect all button in professions.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

They do already drop, extremely rarely, from two events. Summer festival and Day of the Dungeon Master (Portobello).
    i saw a screenshot from a guildie who found a legendary lion in tong chest
  • couze#3673 couze Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Here are a few suggestions.

A collect all feature. A salvage all feature.
    A Donation of the day/week guild leaders can prioritize up to a certain extent that gives 2x currency to the coffer at the expense of GMs. IE: A guild needs frozen treasures. Guild leaders marks frozen treasures as the weekly 2x currency. I get 100 gms for 2000 frozen treasures. This prioritizes guild benefit over personal gain. Once said limit is reached all values are defaulted. To acquire this feature a currency must be spent whether it be GMs, gold, or AD.

If possible an ingame subforum that exists in a window like matchmaking. This could be a better way to trade or LFG without everyone idling in PE spamming trade msgs. This was a nice feature in games i played 10 years ago.

Guild voice chat that is similar in function to dcuo. Or even private voice chat creation that isn't through console party chat. On Ps4 party chats constantly cause a bluescreen effect.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

Collect all button in professions.

So much this.

An option to Collect and Repeat All would be even better.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• adyziadyzi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    strathkin said:

Also I doubt we'll see any higher levels of VIP than the benefits already offered as they are already generous.

They don't have to give more discounts :smile:
    Next lvl might add faster movment on mount, 3-5/lvl saved location to teleport instantly(like matthattr mentiont above), discount on bags in char/account chests(oh no it's a discount), additional % in rep/points you get from campaing quests (without last 1-2 newest [new players should love it]), new max lvl VIP 18 can bring for example, everything that you dropped and was character bound now is accound bound, so if you drop something on alt You can send it to main or other toon You have.

Now I think about something.
    They could add pets that run after You and pick up gold, items, quest items etc. something simmilar like in a game Silkroad or WoW.
    Let's say there is green, blue and epic pet. Green don't have any space for items blue start with 10 and epic with 16 slots.
    each VIP lvl from 1-12 would give 1 slot and from 13-18 2 or 3 slots into that pets "bag". Green = 12slots max. blue = 24 slots max Epic = 36 slots max. Pets "bag" would be visible from bags window to make it easy accessable.

That would mean for developers to invite into the game pets and new item into lockboxes and zen store :) It would be nice if they had options what we want or don't want to pick up but this might be implemented in future.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I would trade my Sellsword’s useless weapon for a vacuum cleaner if it would proc Bondings

She could still bump into mobs and bosses with it and do pretty much the same damage
    Also it would be nice to add additional squares in potions bar, it supposed to be potion bar but probably isn't :), as field 8 and 9 right after 7 that supposed to be mount. When You click one of them a bar go up with 5-6 additional fields where we could put mixtures that have 1800s or 3600s, Tymora's Lucky coin, adorable pet, Horn etc. and leave squares 4, 5 and 6 for important potions like health, 20 sec power or something else boost.

O and VIP lvl 13-18 can give for example 1k additional AD that You can proces daily to up to 42k / toon :)
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Like preechr :) make the companions more powerful. it is horrible going into battle with a comp that strikes each hit at most 1k damage when my least powerful at-will strike does 10k hit and procs weapon enchantments and boons.

How about boons and wep enchants for the companions?
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Here's a real minor suggestion, all around Neverwinter and in different areas as well, we see beggars with their hands out for "alms", I was reminded of this in Torm during the Winter Simril Festival, but player characters are not allowed to interact with them. How about allowing players to give these folks a coin or two or maybe a food item, lesser healing potion or minor injury for "reputation" points?

With higher reputation points a player 'just might' get a discount from a local merchant, or receive a special favor from their patron deity - or for low reputation points, maybe a slap-down from their patron deity (10 minutes added to your invoke timer), depending on the deity of course...

Which brings out another minor point, why no evil or chaotic deities for players wanting to play evil or chaotic characters?

Even though the D&D "character alignment" option doesn't appear to be available in Neverwinter, with a couple of exceptions, I choose to play a lawful-good or lawful-neutral character and I imagine there are some people who have different preferences.

Perhaps something along the lines of character alignment might be something to consider in the future?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    The click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...
    for refreshing professions is driving me crazy. Just to collect what has completed, it's 18 clicks, with a mouse move after every single one. Even something simple like right-clicking on the "Collect Result" button to collect and automatically close the popup would be a godsend. I don't know if it can be done with keybinds, but really...when you have a lot of alts, just going through professions takes 20 minutes.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    chidion said:

Here's a real minor suggestion, all around Neverwinter and in different areas as well, we see beggars with their hands out for "alms", I was reminded of this in Torm during the Winter Simril Festival, but player characters are not allowed to interact with them. How about allowing players to give these folks a coin or two or maybe a food item, lesser healing potion or minor injury for "reputation" points?

With higher reputation points a player 'just might' get a discount from a local merchant, or receive a special favor from their patron deity - or for low reputation points, maybe a slap-down from their patron deity (10 minutes added to your invoke timer), depending on the deity of course...

Which brings out another minor point, why no evil or chaotic deities for players wanting to play evil or chaotic characters?

Even though the D&D "character alignment" option doesn't appear to be available in Neverwinter, with a couple of exceptions, I choose to play a lawful-good or lawful-neutral character and I imagine there are some people who have different preferences.

Perhaps something along the lines of character alignment might be something to consider in the future?

I like everything you said. Personally, I think those are all great suggestions.

I've commented before that I wish I could do something for the beggars because it is hypocritical to be all "let me run about the countryside fighting for the good of Neverwinter and gain riches in the process" and then walk past the destitute. Makes no sense.

I like how Skyrim did it. When you give gold to a beggar, you get the Gift of Charity. It is a temporary boost to speechcraft. I guess the NW version of this blessing would be getting a temporary small discount at merchants/wondrous bizarre/something or another.
    edited February 2018
    Skyrim did cross my mind when I made my post about the beggars in the game as a matter of fact... :)

The speechcraft boon was for "bartering with merchants", which just turned out to be a tiny discount but still, I liked the concept.
    edited February 2018
    adyzi said:

Now I think about something.
    They could add pets that run after You and pick up gold, items, quest items etc. something simmilar like in a game Silkroad or WoW.
    Let's say there is green, blue and epic pet. Green don't have any space for items blue start with 10 and epic with 16 slots.
    each VIP lvl from 1-12 would give 1 slot and from 13-18 2 or 3 slots into that pets "bag". Green = 12slots max. blue = 24 slots max Epic = 36 slots max. Pets "bag" would be visible from bags window to make it easy accessable.

That would mean for developers to invite into the game pets and new item into lockboxes and zen store :) It would be nice if they had options what we want or don't want to pick up but this might be implemented in future.

I believe they had something like that in the old single player Neverwinter, an AI feature where you could tell your companion to pick up drops... but that being said the same probably wouldn't be possible (or easy) in an MMO as you usually have several different players in the same content and their companions would on occasion be vying for the same drops and few of them are specific to individual players.

I agree on the surface it seems like a great idea, but considering the MMO mechanics of Neverwinter, I just don't see how something like this would be possible.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    So, have the companions duel for the drop :D
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    those drops that are party wide usually get voted on, if i'm not mistaken. the gold gets shared evenly. IMO there shouldn't be anything that drops on the ground, instead it should go immediately into the inventory.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    icyclass said:

My vote for VIP 13 is summon seal vendor.

This is a good suggestion.

Now that is certainly something many VIP's would likely support.
    hustin1 said:

The click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...
    for refreshing professions is driving me crazy. Just to collect what has completed, it's 18 clicks, with a mouse move after every single one. Even something simple like right-clicking on the "Collect Result" button to collect and automatically close the popup would be a godsend. I don't know if it can be done with keybinds, but really...when you have a lot of alts, just going through professions takes 20 minutes.

I'd likely be very SAD if made it easier for those with Celestial or Leadership Armies to FARM than what exists today.

VIP is or should not be designed to make it easier to avoid the "click click click" if you FARM from too many ALTS. I've seen many people get burned out this way as well, so try focusing on a more reasonable number of ALTS.

I could never foresee having more than one of every Class especially since LOADOUT became available. But that's me.

VIP already offer's very generous REWARDS as it is. Still I think many would welcome one extra Tier (13) of VIP even if the only extra benefit was a Seal Vendor with tabs for all Seals. o:)

those drops that are party wide usually get voted on, if i'm not mistaken. the gold gets shared evenly. IMO there shouldn't be anything that drops on the ground, instead it should go immediately into the inventory.

Only in a party, dungeons for example, can "loot preference" be set by the party leader to 'free for all', 'need or greed' or whatever.

In regular game content most drops are first come - first claim, with the exception of a few things like lockboxes.

• benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Your daily lockbox key drop straight into your inventory so you dont miss out if you go away for a week or two
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    While auto-collecting keys without having to claim them every day would be great, don't expect it to every happen. A 10-pack keys is 1125 zen while a 1-month VIP is only 1000 zen. Obviously, the keys in VIP has been priced such that you have to log in every day, which means you may end up spending some time in the game in addition to just claiming your key. Your time in the game is very important to the devs.
    edited February 2018
    benyr said:

Your daily lockbox key drop straight into your inventory so you dont miss out if you go away for a week or two

Or at least making the VIP countdown to days a player actually logs in, instead of consecutive days regardless of whether or not a player logs in.

And something other than EPIC dungeon keys, which low level characters (as well as some higher level characters) can't use anyway and some players, like me, with higher level characters who don't want to run Epics, even if they have the ability to do so.

on that note, make a free epic key with that dwarf. Perhaps using a epic key in a normal dungeon chest will grant a very nice reward rather than a RP blue item. For instance, a salvagable alliance armor piece.