test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP with the devs event ( New Dev Stream Event Video)

kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
edited April 2018 in PvP Discussion
mARCH aPRIL IS tHE NEW PVP with the devs event announced on live stream ..

Can we plz chose their gear and load outs now " D

and possibly rewards @nitocris83 cool pvp mounts etc :P please read some of the event idea feedback in this thread

Yes !! my suggestion in the community event thread actually worked *jaw drops to the floor*

Shock and AWE !!!!

D Teams anyone ? comps ? where should this take place? rules mixed team >? new secret map introduced ??
Post edited by kalina311 on

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    can also be viewed here if you skip to the end 57:13 time index
    .state of the game

www.twitch.tv/videos/224047638

The DEv plays a GF by the Way : D "

"as a guardian fighter he is happy to say he holds a high ranking" direct quote

"they actually do play pvp against each other"
    edited January 2018
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    Thank you for telling me this, I missed the stream and haven't watched the recording yet. I will go do that soon.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    + theguiido
    thank YOU for spamming #NewPvPMaps and #MorePvPMaps
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Do we get to pick the stat distributions/gear/enchants and powers they use as well or just classes? Otherwise they won't get the authentic neverwinter PvP feel.

Do we get to pick the stat distributions/gear/enchants and powers they use as well or just classes? Otherwise they won't get the authentic neverwinter PvP feel.

exacly what i was getting at ..
    edited January 2018
    macjae said:

There should be as many TRs as possible spamming SoD at them if it still isn't fixed by then. The rest of the team can be rounded out with GFs, GWFs and OPs.

+1
    lol this is the one time we will find you advocating Sods use in a "positive way" lol
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    lmao.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I think the dev can go on the pvp leaderboard, look at the ranking then look and the gear and build of the 5 first of each class and build accordingly.
    Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Will they come to console too?
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    This event is really pointless, do you know why? Because no matter which class Devs will chose- they have no idea how to play pvp in this game. It will be like always in the past, they will participate in pvp, they will show us which skills exactly we should't use in pvp, they will be hunt and killed several times by pvp players, and that's all. This event is always like this- Greeting adventurers-Devs participate in pvp que, show us totally 0 skills, die a several time, end of event, have fun with broken mechanic for next 6 months- thank you for playing Neverwinter. This is not the way because i am sure Devs can lose with 10k HR/CW/SW who know how to play even if they will have 15k TR/GF. This is not right way how this event should look like.
    edited February 2018
    @modlesie @nitocris83

who said the teams would not be mixed ? who said we would not do a GG map? or icewind or stronghold siege which did not exist last time there was a pvp with the devs ... even if the devs got smashed and we got a new map out of this and some thing get buffed nerfed ..etc etc and awareness is made about lack of rewards etc or they bring back the NCL ( pvp never Winter Combat league )

we can suggests and recommend any configuration we want lobby and vote on it ..for example i think they should be giving out epic +4000 defect mounts as well as prizes : D..does any one else have prize suggestions ?

the dev said that they are currently playing pvp in house every week ..

@asterdahl said ..

" we've been adjusting a bunch of those variables internally for weekly PvP playtests lately. (We're always testing what sort of effect large changes to these values can have on the overall feel of PvP." (this was about broken items in pvp and cools downs and mutiprocs ..)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13015572

P.S we probably will end up doing some strong hold/ icewind maps due to the fact that more players can participate

as far as devs chosing wrong power loadout that is why i suggeste dwe pick powers and gear for them or see their character sheets to tweak it before the event

@nitocris83 (I would assume the devs should be at a min of level 70...12k -14k item level for pvp (with pets off ) with a min of all rank 12s enchants and a min of 180k-200k hitpoints .. please dont let the devs go out there in old crummy out dated pvp gear and enchants its too big of a gear gap then..

edited February 2018
    what this devs..... ? pvp and weekly play tests oh my (maybe there is an unmentioned playtest team it cant just be the devs...how can a 5 v 5 be tested properly then ..)

I dont think the dev just randomly inserted the comment to try to appease pvp players as some master conspiracy
    maybe there is some Pvp traction happening between the " humps of mods" by the systems design team
    edited February 2018
    Remember the event is Called pvp "WITH" the DEVS" (mixed teams) 1st act .... curtain goes down

intermission ..prizes are given away snacks etc ... curtain comes up ....

then it should be followed by the act 2 PvP "AGAINST" the devs : D

it shows poor sportsman ship to only want to kill the devs lol let them team up with us first
    edited February 2018
    and the plot thickens ..... so they must also be playing without a guild tag or boons then ..hmmmm

conspiracy theory a noted cw (hint: a by product of bread) with the most kills and the most deaths on the leader board is also a dev : D

their account may as well be disposable as people will know their at handles after the event and will be able to confirm or deny what @kreatyve says regarding thier playing... note they can probably change their accouint name suffix and prefix tho
    edited February 2018
    thanks for clearing that misconception up : D now there really should be no reason why they are not decked out in max gear and enchants that they can create from thin air

also the devs will need a level 20 guild with max boons then
    @mimicking#6533 the great and almighty dev said

Great feedback! Sorry I could not touch upon all aspects of NW during the stream, but PvP is dear to me (I'm one of the ranking players when we have team matches )- and something that is on our list for more love. I don't forsee any dedicated servers or mods, but leaderboards are on the list for updating, as well as a few other things.
    Thanks again for taking the time for this feedback.
    Regards,
    M.K.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13015988

see i knew they were working on something ...

+1 @mimicking#6533 said

"but PvP is dear to me" ........... it is my precious : D
    So how Many devs will be playing during this event i would hope there would be at least 2 teams of 5 min

so that if 100+ players show up at least we can run strongholds(pets turned off ) or some GG ...or force black ice dom to pop

we dont want to waste event time forming groups and parties when we could be playing

should there be an event signup list ?
    edited February 2018
    maybe the new event is pvp with the community manager first now lol

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1238367/preview-with-the-cm-activities-poll
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    @kreatyve at the end we find out that Saber, Kirin and KingOfPvP are dev's :D
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    So the devs may have their own guild? I'm curious as to what it'd be called. I'm going with 'Dev-a' for now ;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

@kreatyve at the end we find out that Saber, Kirin and KingOfPvP are dev's :D

you forgot crumb : D