test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ras Nsi fight as dps GF

manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
I ran this tonight as dps but kept getting aggro, is it inevitable or is there a way to avoid it? The burn dot ended up taking me out a couple times, he was over doing his red stripe attack and I had nothing to hit for lifesteal. I tried not marking, and was only using Kneebreaker and at-wills but still pulled aggro. Maybe skip Kneebreaker? I know that dot is ticking on him when no one is attacking him.

Comments

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Yeah the burn is a problem for me too, usually use fighters recovery tho it helps but he can still kill u occasionally from wat ive experienced. Would love more feedback tho :smile:
  • xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Use knee breaker one of the hardest hitting encounters you have till you are at melt status. The op is not keeping enough agro for the setup you are running. possible no cleanse on dcs. Try and stay out of red, the debuff will stack and you will take a lot of damage. Knights challange will lock Ras on to you alone. Just like solo tanking Ras put up shield to absorb swing and get that damage buff.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    Make sure to switch to the HP boon if your guild has it, since ras ni strips all your armor anyways.

Knight's challenge will guarantee you agro so try and use it after you see ras ni do his IBS move. There's nothing I've found that can save you from a double damage ras ni IBS.

You will most definitely have agro throughout the fight. Between your mark and knights challenge you'll be getting lots of attention. Don't be afraid to lose some dps and raise your shield till you get more comfortable. A dead dps does no damage.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Why are you trying to avoid aggro?
    You want the boss to be aggro'd on you so you can continually place Combat Superiority on the boss (and so he refreshes your Reckless/Shield Warrior's stacks when your DC inevitably Cleanses your wraps).

Besides, you can use his damage to your advantage.
    If you shield all of his damaging attacks (overhead, DoT, random melee hit he does from time to time), you practically insta-refill your daily.

If you were able to constantly refill your AP, you could continually stack Villain's Menace, and yes, each subsequent VM damage buff stacks multiplicatively with itself (and you continually grow in size, so you can make more "Pick on someone your own size" jokes).

• manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Why are you trying to avoid aggro?
    You want the boss to be aggro'd on you so you can continually place Combat Superiority on the boss (and so he refreshes your Reckless/Shield Warrior's stacks when your DC inevitably Cleanses your wraps).

Besides, you can use his damage to your advantage.
    If you shield all of his damaging attacks (overhead, DoT, random melee hit he does from time to time), you practically insta-refill your daily.

If you were able to constantly refill your AP, you could continually stack Villain's Menace, and yes, each subsequent VM damage buff stacks multiplicatively with itself (and you continually grow in size, so you can make more "Pick on someone your own size" jokes).

Just trying different things, I ran it again last night as dps and it was better as I was able to get cleansed more often. The burn dot was killing me when I had nothing to attack is all, could only shield and heal about 3 ticks before I went down. It was just a cleanse issue, once we had that sorted out it was much smoother.

I very rarely get to run T9G with my GF, I almost always have to bring my DC :neutral:
    edited January 2018
    dairyzeus said:

Make sure to switch to the HP boon if your guild has it, since ras ni strips all your armor anyways.

Knight's challenge will guarantee you agro so try and use it after you see ras ni do his IBS move. There's nothing I've found that can save you from a double damage ras ni IBS.

You will most definitely have agro throughout the fight. Between your mark and knights challenge you'll be getting lots of attention. Don't be afraid to lose some dps and raise your shield till you get more comfortable. A dead dps does no damage.

We don't have the HP boon yet unfortunately, but it's the next structure on our list to build!

I wasn't using KC on the Ras Nsi yet but I'm sure I will start working it in, thanks for the tip on his IBS, I didn't think I could survive it with KC on but you saved me the trouble of testing it LOL.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    This is why I switched to SF enchantment. With a good group this fight is the fastest one in Tong. You will be able to ignore the souls, bc he will not be able to gather the stacks. Upside of a good group with OP and 2 DCs, cleanse will take care of the dots. CD reduction will give you a near to 100% uptime of KC. Your teammates dont die by the AoEs due to KC. You can spam your dailies, bc of the ridiculous amounts of dmg you absorb. Mixing in some fighters recovery will instaheal you, if you dont get one shotted. Downside, you might die once or twice.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

This is why I switched to SF enchantment. With a good group this fight is the fastest one in Tong. You will be able to ignore the souls, bc he will not be able to gather the stacks. Upside of a good group with OP and 2 DCs, cleanse will take care of the dots. CD reduction will give you a near to 100% uptime of KC. Your teammates dont die by the AoEs due to KC. You can spam your dailies, bc of the ridiculous amounts of dmg you absorb. Mixing in some fighters recovery will instaheal you, if you dont get one shotted. Downside, you might die once or twice.

Not a bad idea on the SF, would come in handy for the buggy Nostura final boss fight in MSP too...but no one wants to run that dungeon because of time vs. reward ratio anyway! Side note I know but I don't see why the Ultimate Enchanting Stone should only be dropping in T9G. MSP seems about the same difficulty except it doesn't have the dps checks that T9G has.