test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SOMI golden quest path...easier to follow pee in snow

jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
Please do something about this thing, when it does decide to work it is almost invisible, leads you the most ridiculous route. Further, after playing for couple of hours decides to take an undeserved holiday for all its lack of working as it should.
Why not have a screen based compass where constant north is replaced by your quest destination. Much more fitting when playing sailor sam.

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Well there have been many several different issues with waypoints in the past and still a number can presently exist.

▪ In many area's if you are in a party often it only updates properly for a party leader so be aware of that caveat.

Still I like your constructive criticism by suggesting a compass it certainly wouldn't quite be the yellow brick road approach taken thus far by Cryptic many have become accustomed to. But it likely have other advantages and possibly disadvantages as well depending on where you are as well in relation to your final destination - but it likely too result in a similar method for deciding where to go when.

Still it's constructive feedback and could possibly be considered at some point. o:)
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    The compass idea was used by Bethesda, and I personally loved it in Oblivion and Skyrim.

For the most part.

in Skyrim you pretty much have to utilize the compass along with the spell that basically creates a short term glowy trail like what we have in Neverwinter. If not, you would find yourself trying to climb a sheer mountain side by spamming the jump button because the quest point is *right there,* but you can't get to it because you can't find the walking path.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I like it. It gives the best roues. Usually takes you through many groups of mobs on the way.
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    I don't mind the golden path, it is like google maps in that if I take another route it resets so I avoid mobs and such. My problem is when it stops working and disappears or it is constantly trying to take me back to the gate for some other quest areas. Just allow me to turn those off, I know I have other areas to go to, leave this map alone.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I don't have the specific details but I know that work on the golden path has been going on.

On a personal note, I like deviating from the golden path just to see how it re-routes me.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Any chance (on Xbox) of making the group pointers more visible or giving the player the ability to adjust the intensity of the pointers (and glowy line). The gold is not bad, but I really blends in to so many of the backgrounds.
    Post edited by omegarealities#7219 on