test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: M13 Scourge Warlock Changes

Comments

• abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    @balanced#2849
    Can you please take a look at Arms of Hadar encounter spell? Sometimes its working really strange. For example: if u jump and cast the encounter it doesn't damage any foes in front of you. Often if u cast the spell while moving, or sprint to mobs with shadow slip and cast the arms of hadar right away it doesn't damage any of them. You see the animation, but no damaging effect, no prone. You have to wait like a full second before casting to make sure it will work correctly, but in that time your party cathes and the mobs are killed by other party members.
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I think if lesser curse stak ( and do ticks independently do it right ? why not appear numbers on lesser curse in bar debuff/buff enemys ) its possible do improve some feats on damantion path without rework all

But curse cunsume actually i dont see the point of that just have 2 encounters have that and its usless make interaction with damnation path.

Feat Retenless: On curse synergy apply lesser curse all enemys near from target and increase damage taken enemys aflicted with lesser curse 1/2/3/4/5 %
    Feat Parting Blasphemy: On curse synergy from a target dealt 10/20/30/40/50 % of your weapon damage
    Soul Desecretion: On curse synergy gain a stak soul investure also enemys aflicted with lesser curse when killed spawn a soul puppet. On encounter use you gain a stak soul desecretion at least 10 seconds wich target with warlock curse increase damage taken 5% from you and 10% from your soulpuppet this staks 5 times

• dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 42 Arc User

- The way curses are applied is not good and does not help to buff ourselves or the party. An option could be that we can curse an area, wc get on up to 3 targets (stronger ones), lc on a few more (trash mobs, probably 5). In this way reapplying curse because is effect is ending, or mob is dying is more rewarding and you don't need to make curses creep. Could be applied as dc powers like chains of blazing light. Changing the curse location removes the curse from the targets previously affected, this could trigger curse consume effect and make it interesting.

I was thinking this as well and mainly to help for targets greater then 1. The ramp up to maximize damage to enemies means i'd need to hit PoP and Warlocks Curse x3. That's 4 seconds gone before i can actually dps. Mobs would be dead by the time I do this. As is i only hit PoP then use dps abilities. Warlocks curse gets unused. If Warlocks curse was just an area or a selected target as the area and 3-5 mobs within range would be affected this would reduce ramp up time. I'd get at least 1 or 2 shots in before everything is dead. I'm pretty much relegated to using Warlocks curse doing a boss fight or mini boss fight only.

Haven't heard a peep out of Balanced in a while. Sup
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    the problem on the 2 dc meta is the private queues not having the 1 healer exception on the queue list. that way other classes could join end content queue.
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Edit: removed in case the idea was recieved as serious on the other end. xD
    Post edited by pyrosorcerer on
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    if they lock 1 healer on the private queue system, having other classes available to ended content can be a breath of fresh air to the game. For classes like sw temp, sw mof, i didnt go too far to ad 1 tank class other wise it will the tip of the iceberg xD
    Well i think the party wich carried only dps evolveded from need class HDPS honestly at the moment only GWF 14k+ can do TONG like solo dps in decent time without complication so others class like SW or TR was displacement to nothing if not have enought strong or support if can play that roll. Why GWF can do make you roll dps very nice while others class need more gear more IL for viable dps in the end contend answer its not are balanced them dealt less damage because need more IL for viable dps and sadly SW are in this group, so the players choice carried 2 support well if anyway the other class carried its support either cw or sw its same or better carried 2 dc's. Pls @balanced#2849 i beg you dont forced us play builds again plsss give some love sw give choice viable dps and not just Fury fix damantion tree i wich feel free choice 2 playstyles for dps dont forced us play temp or fury give us balanced
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Not saying it is a good idea xD
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

the problem on the 2 dc meta is the private queues not having the 1 healer exception on the queue list. that way other classes could join end content queue.

This just blocks player agency in the queue intended to give them just that. I don't want to take a healer in most dungeons, its a waste of time. I want to take whatever group of 4 other people come along. The only times I want to control it strictly are ToNG, Cradle and mSVA and a little bit FBI (though I have tanked FBI as DevOP with a good CW).

2DC meta is about buffs/debuffs. That's all. No one cares about their healing, there are no calls for the classes with the highest healing (SW Temp and DevOP), its about buffs/debuffs. So its DC > MoF > GF > HR > SW > DevOP in priority for 2nd buff/debuff source.

For SW to be viable in the player's view (without bug abuse) it needs to either get a serious increase in DPS and or a serious improvement in its ability to buff/debuff (Dev OP could use a boost in this regard as well to put them on the list). To some extent these things are being addressed in this thread but schietindebux's list up the top of this page is spot on for things that still need to be dealt with to really push SW into the end game group.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited January 2018
    triple post
    Post edited by dragonsbite on
    edited January 2018
    and 1 or 2 days after the fact

- The way curses are applied is not good and does not help to buff ourselves or the party. An option could be that we can curse an area, wc get on up to 3 targets (stronger ones), lc on a few more (trash mobs, probably 5). In this way reapplying curse because is effect is ending, or mob is dying is more rewarding and you don't need to make curses creep. Could be applied as dc powers like chains of blazing light. Changing the curse location removes the curse from the targets previously affected, this could trigger curse consume effect and make it interesting.

I was thinking this as well and mainly to help for targets greater then 1. The ramp up to maximize damage to enemies means i'd need to hit PoP and Warlocks Curse x3. That's 4 seconds gone before i can actually dps. Mobs would be dead by the time I do this. As is i only hit PoP then use dps abilities. Warlocks curse gets unused. If Warlocks curse was just an area or a selected target as the area and 3-5 mobs within range would be affected this would reduce ramp up time. I'd get at least 1 or 2 shots in before everything is dead. I'm pretty much relegated to using Warlocks curse doing a boss fight or mini boss fight only.

Haven't heard a peep out of Balanced in a while. Sup
    @balanced#2849 is there any chance we can get Eldritch Momentum tweaked from:
    Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, Combat Advantage for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds

to

Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, Combat Advantage for 4/6/8/10/12 seconds

This would make it a better choice for characters that are not BiS down the line and able to maintain 8s daily activation to have 100% up time on this bonus. Those more middle of the line characters (12k-14k iL) would still be able to maintain it pretty consistently, and even sustain it in the right groups while it would provide an increasingly consistent bonus for higher end toons.

Keeping in mind that this ability is available to CWs (Nightmare Wizardry) and this change would bring the buff in line with what the CW offers.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    Further reflection on Damnation.

The 15s downtime on the Soul Puppet is an eternity. While the Soul Puppet is unsummoned that is a minimum of 16 points worth of feats that are doing nothing! The only time any other spec faces that sort of penalty across their whole build the toon is dead. Instead of the Soul Puppet becoming unsummoned (and thus turning off the majority of the spec) it should be disabled.

At least if it was disabled Spiritfire, Ghastly Commander and Warding Spirits would still actually work. (Even if the feats that improve the Soul Puppet's damage wouldn't.)

The basic gist is, as it stands the risk to reward for the Damnation spec is in favor of the risk, and with the changes to Fury and Temptation with Mod13 the Damnation spec is dead while that situation remains.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited January 2018
    What's sad is i'm testing the Transcendent Lightning Enchant. Burst can crit now. Much better then the 2% crit chance it was doing before. But it's not scaling for a SW.

39k power and Max Crit was 1,601

Can we please FIX this to scale with power.

Here's me in a 5 man group with a GWF day before x-mas. My Transcendant vs his I believe Unparallelled. Granted there is a significant difference in I level between us as I was only 13k.

Ability SW max hit--VS--GWF max hit
    Lightning Arc 5,353--VS--39,303
    Lightning Arc Flank 8635--VS--38,932
    Lightning Burst 1,403--VS--15,730
    Lightning Burst Flank 3,593--VS--40,822
    Lightning Weapon 16,276--VS--88,585
    Lightning Weapon Flank 23,416--VS--234,858

How does this make any sense? Most especially the Lightning Burst. I guess the rest are scaling. But with the huge difference in base weapon damage between our classes we can't compete. But more then 10 times my damage on some of these? This is pathetic.

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

What's sad is i'm testing the Transcendent Lightning Enchant. Burst can crit now. Much better then the 2% crit chance it was doing before. But it's not scaling for a SW.

Here's me in a 5 man group with a GWF day before x-mas. My Transcendant vs his I believe Unparallelled. Granted there is a significant difference in I level between us as I was only 13k.

How does this make any sense? Most especially the Lightning Burst. I guess the rest are scaling. But with the huge difference in base weapon damage between our classes we can't compete. But more then 10 times my damage on some of these? This is pathetic.

39k power base or buffed? Giving just plain numbers out of context means nothing. That's like me saying I got beaten by a 4k CW, but that was like 2 years ago when I was a 2.2k GWF and the IL changes haven't occurred.

We don't know if the GWF had any additional buffs, how much peak power he had... for all we know he could be an 18.2k monster.
    The key thing is that the GWF's Arc is 2.5x his Burst, while the SW's Arc is 3.8x his Burst. That seems to show there is a possible problem with the way Burst works for the SW.

That seems to be an opportunity to investigate further and see if this can be shown again.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock

The key thing is that the GWF's Arc is 2.5x his Burst, while the SW's Arc is 3.8x his Burst. That seems to show there is a possible problem with the way Burst works for the SW.

That seems to be an opportunity to investigate further and see if this can be shown again.

If you wanna test this kind of stuff, you don't do it in a dungeon but a controlled environment - test weapons, no external buffs etc, running ACT and so on.
    Exactly, so off you go then, prove him wrong...
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited January 2018

39k power base or buffed? Giving just plain numbers out of context means nothing. That's like me saying I got beaten by a 4k CW, but that was like 2 years ago when I was a 2.2k GWF and the IL changes haven't occurred.

We don't know if the GWF had any additional buffs, how much peak power he had... for all we know he could be an 18.2k monster.
    There are 2 separate tests here. The first is me solo vs 1 L60 Dummy yesterday with 39k power. The purpose of that test was to test the Transcendent enchant Lightning Burst Crit chance fix. In which it indeed is fixed. However during the test I noticed it isn't scaling with power. This led me to search for an old log with someone that was also using a lightning enchant.

The second test was in a 5 man group on live 1 day before x-mas. Me transcendent vs Unparallelled. Did you miss the part where I said "Granted there is a significant difference in I level between us as I was only 13k"? Was he close to that monster 18.2k I level. Oh you better believe he was. I probably hit 60k-65k power in the group and at a guess i'd say he hit 80k-85k power. Is that enough to explain the huge disparity? If it is then this game is seriously broke.

Exactly, so off you go then, prove him wrong...

I ain't gonna waste my time to do your, his, or anyone else's testing. I do understand what both of you are saying, but you don't understand me, apparently. What I'm saying is: use ACT and go on preview, to compare class to class with identical gear. Knox's recruitment order thing.
    edited January 2018
    Max hits previously noted were crits and crit flanks. We're looking at non crits to test this. I would assume when transcendent says "If there are no chain targets you do 33% more Lightning damage" that this is the Burst amount. Well 33% of 1000 weapon damage is 333. The base value we got was 83 damage as below. WHY???

Respeccing and getting naked. No points spent in powers or feats. No boons, or mount bonuses or companions.

Me vs that 1 L60 dummy. 1000-1000 weapon with transcendent lightning enchant. 0 power

Constitution 18 for +8% damage as shown on paperdoll under offense and healing/damage dealt

Lightning Burst Min base damage non crit 89.9/actual damage 89.9
    Lightning Burst Max base damage non crit 89.9/actual damage 89.9
    This approx. 83 base damage if we remove the +8% damage increase

Increased Constitution to 25 for +15% damage as shown on paperdoll under offense and healing/damage dealt

Lightning Burst Min base damage non crit 94.9/actual damage 94.9
    Lightning Burst Max base damage non crit 94.9/actual damage 94.9
    This is approx. 83 base damage if we remove the +15% damage increase

Increased constitution to 26 for +16% damage and also put on some clothes. Power was 7,602. Paperdoll damage shows +38%

Lightning Burst Min base damage non crit 113.9/actual damage 113.9
    Lightning Burst Max base damage non crit 113.9/actual damage 113.9
    This is approx. 83 base damage if we remove the +38% damage increase

What we do know is that it is scaling with constitution and power. Basically if it says +x% damage under the paperdolls offense and healing/damage dealt it appears to be increasing by that amount. But it's not doing 33% of weapon damage. It's instead doing 8.3%. WHY???

Now let's do the same but instead check Lightning Weapon damage instead of burst which should be 35% of weapon damage instead of 33%.

Respeccing and getting naked. No points spent in powers or feats. No boons, or mount bonuses or companions.

Me vs that 1 L60 dummy. 1000-1000 weapon with transcendent lightning enchant. 0 power

Constitution 18 for +8% damage as shown on paperdoll under offense and healing/damage dealt

Lightning Weapon Min base damage non crit 272.5/actual damage 272.5
    Lightning Weapon Max base damage non crit 272.5/actual damage 272.5
    This approx. 251 base damage if we remove the +8% damage increase

Increased Constitution to 25 for +15% damage as shown on paperdoll under offense and healing/damage dealt

Lightning Weapon Min base damage non crit 287.5/actual damage 287.5
    Lightning Weapon Max base damage non crit 287.5/actual damage 287.5
    This is approx. 251 base damage if we remove the +15% damage increase

Increased constitution to 26 for +16% damage and also put on some clothes. Power was 7,602. Paperdoll damage shows +38%

Lightning Weapon Min base damage non crit 345.2/actual damage 345.2
    Lightning Weapon Max base damage non crit 345.2/actual damage 345.2
    This is approx. 251 base damage if we remove the +38% damage increase

So basically Lighting Weapon is doing 25.1% of weapon damage and not 35%. At least it's doing better then the Burst's 8.3%. But why are these incorrect and most especially the Burst?
  • tombstoner1tombstoner1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just want better AI for the soul puppet and them to fix the bug where you switch locations the puppet stays behind. Eventually it shows up if you stay out of combat or move a certain distance so Im assuming its a time thing. I also would like who ever is in charge of collsion mechanics to be fired and shunned from ever working in the industry again.
  • slyef#6396 slyef Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    A suggestion to make the buggy AI of Soul Puppet less of an issue

Make Accursed Souls teleport the puppet to you if you already have one.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Max hits previously noted were crits and crit flanks. We're looking at non crits to test this. I would assume when transcendent says "If there are no chain targets you do 33% more Lightning damage" that this is the Burst amount. Well 33% of 1000 weapon damage is 333. The base value we got was 83 damage as below. WHY???

What we do know is that it is scaling with constitution and power. Basically if it says +x% damage under the paperdolls offense and healing/damage dealt it appears to be increasing by that amount. But it's not doing 33% of weapon damage. It's instead doing 8.3%. WHY???

Now let's do the same but instead check Lightning Weapon damage instead of burst which should be 35% of weapon damage instead of 33%.

So basically Lighting Weapon is doing 25.1% of weapon damage and not 35%. At least it's doing better then the Burst's 8.3%. But why are these incorrect and most especially the Burst?

Those numbers seems right.

25% weapon damage for lightning weapon. Burst is an extra 33% on the lightning damage, not weapon damage. So, 33% of that 25%, there is your 8%. It means that on single targets the total damage you deal is around 33% of your weapon damage, taking lightning weapon and lightning burst into account.

Your comparison with the gwf means that for many reasons, gwf take way more advantage of weapon procs enchants than SW. SW will do better sticking to the Buffing enchants. At least in the case of enchants you can find options that don't leave you that much behind. It's worse when you realize how that works on AoC. Check that xmas log you mentioned, in case there was a paladin there, and check your AoC hits and compare to the gwf's AoC hits. Even if you have similar HP's, the difference will be huge.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Those numbers seems right.

25% weapon damage for lightning weapon. Burst is an extra 33% on the lightning damage, not weapon damage. So, 33% of that 25%, there is your 8%. It means that on single targets the total damage you deal is around 33% of your weapon damage, taking lightning weapon and lightning burst into account.

Your comparison with the gwf means that for many reasons, gwf take way more advantage of weapon procs enchants than SW. SW will do better sticking to the Buffing enchants. At least in the case of enchants you can find options that don't leave you that much behind. It's worse when you realize how that works on AoC. Check that xmas log you mentioned, in case there was a paladin there, and check your AoC hits and compare to the gwf's AoC hits. Even if you have similar HP's, the difference will be huge.
    Yes that what it looks like if my Warlock runs beside a good GWF but also beside a TR that´knows how to buff his power/damage by feats.
    TR AoC >600k procs, Warlock less than half of it.
    GWF has many selfbuffs and debuffs (>70%), so his damage is multiplied >x6 in the end. It´s the same effect lolset once had, favouring some classes over others.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Wrong thread my bad

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

edited January 2018
    I think is better if your soul puppet teleport to enemys near and after kill all teleport at your localization and move close with you and when attack a enemy soul puppet teleport at enemy near you enemys close at your target or same target. Also i have some testing how much increase the damage of your soul puppet in base your power and this its results obteined from ACT (soul puppet never attack targets with warlocks curse and compare with other encounter sw like fiery bolt and dimish my crit chance for make min hit fiery bolt was none crit )

Fiery Bolt Soul puppet

Power Min Hit Max Hit Min Hit Max Hit
    19864// 28428// 89988// 12629// 31614
    20864// 26491// 105338// 10962// 31590
    21864// 12020 // 114166// 9572// 32321
    22864// 28953// 115809// 9669// 32552
    23965// 9668 // 113151// 11252// 27900
    31965// 25720// 131313// 12570// 31751
    48830// 33733// 160782// 16484// 38720
    i see the max hit fiery bolt was increased direct proportional but soul puppet seem like have dimish return of power begun at 23k power its mi imagination or soulpuppet increase damage in base your power some irregular ? (note: 19k at 23k just change artifacts for increase power and on 31k i put me boon power sh, on 48k summon companion and boon sh power)
This discussion has been closed.