test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Mod 13 Chultan Tiger Companion

shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
So this looks like it might be a viable BIS active companion. Thoughts?

Comments

• metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    If the uptime of debuff is good than yes I think it's the new BiS.

Well, even if the debuff isn't good, it still might be very very good because of the dmg buff, slots etc..
    Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Well, even if the debuff isn't good, it still might be very very good because of the dmg buff, slots etc..

Depends on if the debuff stacks.
    If it stacks, then we worry about uptime.
    If it doesn't, we have a massive epeen fight on our hands on "who gets to use the Tiger".

And until we get to play around with the companion, we can't even be sure the debuff stacks.

Which kinda means MoF debuffer is dead for mod 13.

rjc9000 said:

If it doesn't, we have a massive epeen fight on our hands on "who gets to use the Tiger".

And until we get to play around with the companion, we can't even be sure the debuff stacks.
    That is quite true. Good point.

• tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I think the tiger is very good for trash Clearing, because the skill, which causes bleeding is an aoe. So you have the debuff on multiple targets at the same time.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    tiger seems to have some stuck on ground bug on preview.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Wondering if the Tiger causes prone or knockdown which maybe an issue in content. If there is no prone or knockback effect from the tiger, it may become of the BiS companions. If the Tiger is a new BiS companion, than here is another AD sink for end game players.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    The best thing in the tiger that it has only 1 non-ring slot. Personally, I'd use it regardless how good it is, because that means no IG (I have the neck).
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    from wording of the pet the uptime is 100% being the only condition is CA wich dosn't work from flanking but marking target with gf or GWF marks will give it 100% uptime so defenitly BIS for gwf as to who use the tiger dps classes should be one to run it because of the damage bonus (this is in case it dosn't stack) wich i think it does stack
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

from wording of the pet the uptime is 100% being the only condition is CA wich dosn't work from flanking but marking target with gf or GWF marks will give it 100% uptime so defenitly BIS for gwf as to who use the tiger dps classes should be one to run it because of the damage bonus (this is in case it dosn't stack) wich i think it does stack

Other classes may as well use it as well, due to the equipment (same equipment/Offensive as a Air Archon) Overall youĺl get more Offensive stats from this that you get out of a Con Artist/Sell. Among the speed/damage increase, farmers are going to love that. -w-
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Well, well, well....I wonder how much it's going to cost.
    remeber this companion comes on one of the new zen packs for mod 13 best cash(zen exchange timer is so high on pc) item ingame so far xD
    rjc9000 said:

if the tiger doesnt work the compy alpha companion that has a stat skill that applies a buf to allies if his hp drops below 50% xD idk if it will be usefull but is a good option for dc imo.

and dont forget it has a second active bonus for city of omu currencie xD
    its +5% run speed and damage during 25s, will it have an internal cooldown? @terramak @nitocris83
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

The debuff stacks.

Thanks to @dungra34 for helping me test the debuff stacking.

From what I noticed while testing it, it doesn't really like to place debuffs on multiple targets.

The uptime seems to be pretty much 100% on a single target, as long as I sat near the Tiger with Aspect of the Pack slotted.

However, its run speed is rather slow and could be an issue with proccing Bondings/placing the debuff on mobs. it seems to match a Dancing Shield in terms of movement speed.

Also, while we're on the subject, the active bonus works correctly.

You can constantly refresh the damage buff by going in and out of combat.

I can directly show you the damage buff part working (which is what everyone cares about, anyways).

First hit was without the comp, the second and third hits were with the comp equipped. Ignore the second due to it critting.

994.9/947.6 = 1.0499155...

So, the damage buff is correctly and is correctly 5% (1.05x damage multiplier).

Lets all request a buff to the movement speed for the Chultan Tiger..

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Requesting nerf to the stacking isnt a buff enough already we want a stacking debuff from the same item......
    The new companion will definitely become one, if not the a BiS for most builds.

The two classes that I know off hand that would provide groups with almost constant Combat Advantage to ensure the 10% buff from the companion are HR using Aspect of the Pack and CW with Nightmare Wizardry or ST on Mastery. This would ensure group get the 10% damage buff.

When in groups without those classes, the companion buff will be less effective.

I didn't see anything on it stacking or not. Has anyone tested to see if having two in a group will stack the damage buff?

I can see new meta groups coming out of this if this companion stats.

OP Tank
    2 DCs
    CW MoF Buffer or HR
    Whatever DPS or GF DPS here

• ravnazrael1ravnazrael1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User

The two classes that I know off hand that would provide groups with almost constant Combat Advantage to ensure the 10% buff from the companion are HR using Aspect of the Pack and CW with Nightmare Wizardry or ST on Mastery. This would ensure group get the 10% damage buff.

When in groups without those classes, the companion buff will be less effective.

I didn't see anything on it stacking or not. Has anyone tested to see if having two in a group will stack the damage buff?

OP Tank
    2 DCs
    CW MoF Buffer or HR

Agreed. with nightmare wizardry proccing this companion will certainly be an optimal choice for rengade cws.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

OP Tank
    2 DCs
    CW MoF Buffer or HR

You forget that sw too will provide combat advantage.
  • rhaknalmrhaknalm Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    any ideas how much zen they are charging for the pack?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have heard 2500 Zen. Not sure where this number came from, perhaps a dev said it.

The pack also includes one of the new Mainhands. Offhand comes with the key bundle. From what I recall, the set bonus is meh.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited January 2018
    -w- Overall yass it'll be a Zen Companion due to the Second Bonus, and you'll have the bonus 100% up time simply because of GWF/GF/HR/CW, due to marks, and other powers causing combat advantage. Did a tiny breakdown video on my thoughts of the companion. cx Though I still would like to personally write it than say it.

Soooooooo here~ ^-^

Equal Gear/Slot as an Air Archon, pretty much a complete upgrade for those rocking it as a Active.

3x Offensive puts it on equal terms with Sell Sword, but helps it overcome the Con Artist
    As of next module the Con Artist will likely beat the Sell Sword due to the New rings, but lose compared to the Tiger for Dps's since the 1x Defense slot, kinda ruins Con Artist for many of us. :P

It's 5% Dmg/Movement lasts as intented(25 sec), and doesn't refresh until you leave and re-enter combat, and has no cooldown timer between this process. So if you kill bosses quick enough you'll always have this bonus c:

Other bonus provides currency, blah, blah, blah simply tell you it'll be in the Zen Store. -w-
    Levels with Power/Critical/Armor Penetration

It's 10% dmg increase, is simple have combat Advantage and it'll be up 100% of the time. ^-^ Which isn't hard and never has been, GF's and GWF's do it all the time. c:

The ability is more for single target, not really good for AoE ^-^

The companion is actually oddly slow for a tiger, but it may be a bug, or the trade-off c:

Wrap up~ Every Dps should be rocking this companion. : P I could make exceptions for supports due to bonuses some other companions provide.

@rjc9000 Thats everything, right? cx

Other than that save ya Brave seals once the Module rolls around if you can get em. -w-
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

It's 10% dmg increase, is simple have combat Advantage and it'll be up 100% of the time. ^-^ Which isn't hard and never has been, GF's and GWF's do it all the time. c:

Not quite 10% DPS increase due to debuff diminishing returns.

Also, you would be surprised at the number of GFs you'd meet who don't know what their class mechanic does.

Wrap up~ Every Dps should be rocking this companion. : P I could make exceptions for supports due to bonuses some other companions provide.

@rjc9000 Thats everything, right? cx

Everything else sounds about right.

-w- If I don’t see red marks then ye I’ll throw on DS.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Is there any information, if it is a one time buy or an account wide unlock? While I would gladly dish out 2-5k zen for an epic companion for all my chars, 2.5k zen for 3-6 chars (3 chars I run end-content with and 6 viable for it) is not going to be interesting for me.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

Is there any information, if it is a one time buy or an account wide unlock? While I would gladly dish out 2-5k zen for an epic companion for all my chars, 2.5k zen for 3-6 chars (3 chars I run end-content with and 6 viable for it) is not going to be interesting for me.

i dont know, but i doubt it because that companion probably will be sellable at ah there a 50/50 chance for that to happen, it would be a good cash marketing idea if they wanted more money. make it account wide but not sellable on ah xD.
    It should also drop at green level in the new trial.
  • jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    So a guardian fighters marks provide combat advantage for the entire party?