test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Lost City of Omu Rewards

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

A question: How we supposed to get the +5 Ring of Gravestriker?

I mean, yes, there are 6 map per week to roll for chance and have not checked yet, but I suppose the maps are acc bound, but still, highly unrealistic to make 5-6 alts, gear them up for the hardest content and mapping for months so I might get a ring. Because a lot of people done 1000 times for +5 rising power and still not got it. So, I might spend a month just to get up all the alt, do it 30 times for 34 week = 1000 attempt, 238 day and if I'm not lucky, I've got it 2 months before mod15 (where new rings might appear)? Or not.

So, in a REALISTIC matter, how we are supposed to get +5 Ring of gravestriker? You at least were able to buy dragon keys for ndemo, but I see no way to get maps. Because let's be honest, gearing up 4 alt from the dust is not a way. Maybe for those who already have multiple highly geared alt, but that still not guarantees anything.

By grinding. You don't even specifically need the +5, +4 is good as well. And besides, shadowstalker ring - ONCE a week per character. And it was the same with Hunter ring, yet no one is complaining 'bout those.

A question: How we supposed to get the +5 Ring of Gravestriker?

I mean, yes, there are 6 map per week to roll for chance and have not checked yet, but I suppose the maps are acc bound, but still, highly unrealistic to make 5-6 alts, gear them up for the hardest content and mapping for months so I might get a ring. Because a lot of people done 1000 times for +5 rising power and still not got it. So, I might spend a month just to get up all the alt, do it 30 times for 34 week = 1000 attempt, 238 day and if I'm not lucky, I've got it 2 months before mod15 (where new rings might appear)? Or not.

So, in a REALISTIC matter, how we are supposed to get +5 Ring of gravestriker? You at least were able to buy dragon keys for ndemo, but I see no way to get maps. Because let's be honest, gearing up 4 alt from the dust is not a way. Maybe for those who already have multiple highly geared alt, but that still not guarantees anything.

By grinding. You don't even specifically need the +5, +4 is good as well. And besides, shadowstalker ring - ONCE a week per character. And it was the same with Hunter ring, yet no one is complaining 'bout those.
    the plus 4s and 5's seem to drop a lot more often from hunts then they did from demo and the like. I got a plus five hunt ring with my six weekly maps after probably 4 -6 weeks of doing it. I've done hundreds and hundreds of demos and those drops seem to be a thousand times rarer
    I grind chult every day, and not a single +5. It's RNG. In any case, keep the 2x off on +4 rings.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Not sure where to post this. But the Chultan Tigers movement speed should be buffed... A tiger is supposed to be fast but this one just seems lazy and tired.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    > @adinosii said:
    > I wanted to repeat my request for a change regarding the weapon sets.
    >
    > You are introducing 5 new weapon sets. Some of them look absolutely great, and I would love to get my hands on some of them - however, not a single one is really a suitable upgrade for a non-DPS (buff/debuff) support character.
    >
    > Please do not ignore us.
    >
    > To clarify: My main is a typical end-game "support" character. I am currently using the Brightsilver set, which gives a +2% bonus to everone in my party, which simply helps the party more than, say a 10% bonus to my own DPS.
    >
    > Here is why none on the 5 new sets would be a suitable upgrade for me:
    > * Tyrant: Gives up to 10% Damage, Healing and Damage Resistance bonus to myself. Very nice for solo play, but it doesn't really help the group that much, unless you are planning to make outgoing healing more important than it currently is.
    >
    > * Primal: Chance of a temporary 10% bonus to Dmage and Outgoing healing. The same applies here.
    >
    > * Pilgrim: Again, a chance (just smaller) of a bonus to Damage and Outgoing healing. Again, the same issue.
    >
    > * Pioneer: A nice bonus to Power, Defense, Recovery, Critical Strike and Armor Penetration, but for the most part this just helps me - it does not significantly benefit the group.
    >
    > * MW III: A boost to Damage or Healing - and once again, it really does not help me to do my job better.
    >
    >
    > The bottom line is basically that I do not see a reason why I should upgrade from my current MW II set, which has a nice bonus which actually helps me to do my job. so, please, PLEASE, do not ignore the support characters - give is something to aim for - otherwise we weill just become less motivated and probably end up playing quite a bit less.
    >
    > (And if anyone wants to respond "Your job is to heal, so the sets actually help you", sorry, but that's just not the case. In the "end-game", healing is not the primary purpose of support characters - sure, we heal a bit, but with everyone having massive lifesteal, out healing is simply not the primary reason why we are needed in groups.)

So what do you need exactly? Maybe a 15 to 25% AP bonus on encounter or daily use?
    Argueing the way you do simply is a call for more power creep.
    Downgrade to fire weapon set +25% AP and you might be BIS as a DC support by that :)
    Not sure about OP, pick anything with power.
    Btw. what exactly is the most benefit towards your party from your actual weaponset?
    The 2% DR, the 2% damage or the 2% healing?
    2%DR and healing...not needed.
    2% damage x5 ....yes, yes yes
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Actually, DPSers might just want to get the Tyrant sent for a 10% bonus , and if everyone goes that route, the support characters could do that as well - it would work out the same way in the end ... just a bit annoying to feel like we are being ignored.

Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

Actually, DPSers might just want to get the Tyrant sent for a 10% bonus , and if everyone goes that route, the support characters could do that as well - it would work out the same way in the end ... just a bit annoying to feel like we are being ignored.

As a dps... tyrant set is utter trash. It's way too slow, and if anyone actually puts money into it, I'll question their sanity. 150 seconds for full bonus, while there are other sets that will do better consistently? No bueno.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I personally feel that we should just be able to exalt our old sets, i mean they have the same stats anyways at legendary the set bonus is just different. And yeah these weapons are for dps not supports, so wat are we supposed to do in 13? Im not gonna be changing to any hunt gear for my dc

I personally feel that we should just be able to exalt our old sets, i mean they have the same stats anyways at legendary the set bonus is just different. And yeah these weapons are for dps not supports, so wat are we supposed to do in 13? Im not gonna be changing to any hunt gear for my dc

no... they don't. new sets have more stats and weapon damage.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:
    > I personally feel that we should just be able to exalt our old sets, i mean they have the same stats anyways at legendary the set bonus is just different. And yeah these weapons are for dps not supports, so wat are we supposed to do in 13? Im not gonna be changing to any hunt gear for my dc
    >
    > no... they don't. new sets have more stats and weapon damage.

I thought that was only at exalted?

> @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:

> I personally feel that we should just be able to exalt our old sets, i mean they have the same stats anyways at legendary the set bonus is just different. And yeah these weapons are for dps not supports, so wat are we supposed to do in 13? Im not gonna be changing to any hunt gear for my dc

>

> no... they don't. new sets have more stats and weapon damage.

I thought that was only at exalted?

Nope. New weapons reach 500 IL without exaltation, 520 with. Better stats come with the 20 extra IL.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    The new pioneer weapon set is Bound to Character instead of Bound to Account, so you can't get them for your alters like the other pioneer equipment
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    @ctatumdev#6113 i took a look to all the new equipment and the only things i would change are:

Serpent set should add more than just 1% damage for every 3 seconds of movement because it's a conditional set that focuses simply damage on the bonus and i can get more benefit in a damage/survival perspective if i chose other set combinations.

Soul monger set is a decent choice for CW's but only justifiable if the temp HP gained comes not only from healed HP but also from attempted healed HP, the reason is the same as above, i can combine other sets in such a way that they would give me more benefits in both terms of damage and survival

Apart from this there is also another thing i am concerned about, players damage is going up with new weapons however companion dps is not, there are a few builds that can benefit and even focus companion dps but unlikely will for long if players damage remains the only priority, can't you had a piece of gear that increases companion dps ?(and maybe also soul puppet since the SW rebalance has dodged a little bit the puppet damage scaling with the gear scaling from the player).

• maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    The mount insignia slots seem messed up on some of the new mounts. Blue mounts have universal and purple mounts don't.
    Post edited by maxzius#3795 on
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User

snotty said:

for the love of god, do we really to have new artifact gear every freaking mod? This is really getting ridiculous. I mean theres hardly a reason to go through all the trouble to max any artifact weapon since you know 3 months later there will be a new set with slightly more power.

I beg the devs, stop being so lazy. Come up with something new and stop with the campaign after campaign, HE after HE, New artifact weapon set after artifact weapon set.

Heres a great idea, come up with an random epic dungeon generator so that we don't have to run the same freaking dungeons ad nauseam. What ever happened to the secret places we could find from exploring dungeons and areas? What is/was the purpose of running castle never multiple times only to get a shard of orcus as a random drop from valindras tower?

The single biggest issue in this game is and has been for too long, the fact that rewards hardly seem worth the effort anymore

Right, Do a 3 YEAR CYCLE -Year 1 new Fashion, Year 2 new Artifacts, Year 3 new Artifact Equipment. AND THEY ARE ALL INTRODUCED IN THE FIRST MOD OF THE YEAR.

@ctatumdev#6113 i took a look to all the new equipment and the only things i would change are:

Serpent set should add more than just 1% damage for every 3 seconds of movement because it's a conditional set that focuses simply damage on the bonus and i can get more benefit in a damage/survival perspective if i chose other set combinations.

Soul monger set is a decent choice for CW's but only justifiable if the temp HP gained comes not only from healed HP but also from attempted healed HP, the reason is the same as above, i can combine other sets in such a way that they would give me more benefits in both terms of damage and survival

Apart from this there is also another thing i am concerned about, players damage is going up with new weapons however companion dps is not, there are a few builds that can benefit and even focus companion dps but unlikely will for long if players damage remains the only priority, can't you had a piece of gear that increases companion dps ?(and maybe also soul puppet since the SW rebalance has dodged a little bit the puppet damage scaling with the gear scaling from the player).

Companion DPS has never been looked at so w/e
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Can we get some different weapon set bonuses? I would like to see a set that gives Action Points as well as a damage bonus, just like the Cloaked Ascendancy Fey set.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I have to say you did a Great work in the weapons on this mod, the "Astec inpired swords and shields" look amazing and the midlle east weapon like the GF round shield and Shamshir and the 2 handed Scimitar look reaaaaaly good !!!

One thing i have to complain is about the size and position for Bow's, they are a bit small, also the hand should be positioned under the center of the bow and not at the center since you need to place your arrow there, anyway if the size get fixed they also look amazing...

PS.: My only regret is that we dont have any fun set, like Mirage set, the grave master helmet and he boots of alpha from Mod 12 hunt are amazing i was hoping for something like that in a weapon set a least, maybe undead...
    Post edited by rafaelda on
    Man, I just hope they fix how hateful RNGesus is. Dunno what I did to cross him, but right now, I'm sitting at 95 TONG runs since I got my last UES. I did between 850 and 900 runs total, 12 UES total, 8 of which were during 2x enchants. It's really painful, and I'm considering stopping TONG in general, and just grinding everything else in hopes of a lucky drop (none of which have happened lately) and buying UES from Auction house.

Same goes for chult rings. I haven't seen a single +5. I stopped doing that a while ago tho because It's just too much work for too little reward.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Man, I just hope they fix how hateful RNGesus is.

I hear you....I had 3 UES from around 135 runs....then got 3 more in one day, and nothing since then. Ah, well, assuming this continues, I will have my R13s all upgraded to R14s at some point in 2022.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I found some issues on NW.95.20180212a.1.

Wrong name items.
    Control Wizard: Obsidian Miztonhiyo is shwon as Feathered OrbObsidian Miztonhiyo at Rank 60. fixed on NW.95.20180207a.1
    Masterwork Accessories III: Fanged Restoration Ring is shown as Beaded Restoration Ring. (There are two rings of Beaded prefix, no ring of Fanged prefix.)
    Masterwork Neck Sets III: Fanged Amulet is shown as Fanged Beaded Amulet.

Followings is not a issue with module 13, but it has been neglected for more than half a year.
    Oathbound Paladin: Huntsman Restoration Poleyns is shown as Huntsman Restoration Gaiters.
    Control Wizard: Gloves of the Thayan Servitor is shown as Gloves of the Thayan Zealot.

In addition, following issues have not been addressed for several years.
    Leatherworking: Trickster's Leather Helm +1 (Profession tier2 reward) is shown as Leather Helm +1
    Tailoring: Rank 21 or above Equipments has tag 'Plate'. Correctly it is 'Cloth'.
    Mailsmithing: Rank 21 or above GWF's Equipments has tag 'Plate'. Correctly it is 'Scale'.
    Post edited by ornald on
  • designedbyrng#4319 designedbyrng Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Here is my feedback on the new Chult Rewards.

--New Weapon Sets--
    Because of how the Masterwork II set works combined with the fact that the new weapons do not have any party buffs, support classes benefit their groups more by using Masterwork II sets still instead of the new ones. Even with power share, a cleric is better off using Brightsilver in almost every situation. Brightsilver out performs all of the Chult sets as soon as you can reach above 120,000 buffed power using the Brightsilver set. This is easy with a cleric around, so basically Brightsilver will always be better.

All of the new sets do basically the exact same thing, but in different ways. This means that the set with the most consistency will be mathematically better than the other sets. What I am trying to say is that if all of the sets are equally easy to get, then everyone will always use the Chult set or maybe MW II set, simply because they are more consistent and do the same thing. Pioneer is a slight exception, but ends up being such a small bonus anyways that it doesn't even matter.

Otherwise, all damage dealers will be happy about the new weapons sets.

--New Artifact Sets--
    Some cool ideas, but sadly the old sets are more consistent and more powerful on any class that doesn't power share. On average, the new sets will net a high end player at most around 3% more damage, but because the set bonuses aren't as powerful as the set bonuses of older sets, they end up losing in damage and damage reduction potential. They have the same number of ability scores, so if the Demogorgon or Valhalla sets already had your primary damage ability score, upgrading is a net loss in damage or damage reduction.

Power sharing supports will likely upgrade though, since they don't usually care about personal damage, and the new sets have more base power on them.

--Hunt Gear--
    This hunt gear is best in slot for damage dealers with no contest from the equivalent upgraded Primal gear. This is due to the damage multipliers spread across the different pieces. Most of these piece could be potentially viable even if they didn't have any stats or health points. I like hunts having unique chase gear, so I have no issues with it thus far. Although, it does make the massive grind for upgrading chult gear a tad questionable, since you probably will get a few of the hunt pieces before upgrading your primal.

So about the multipliers. Creative choices! Oh wait no nevermind. Each of these pieces has a different multiplier for different types of powers. The main issue I have with it is that the slots they equip to makes some classes able to benefit from more multipliers than others. For example, a Great Weapon Fighter can benefit from the at-will boots, the at-will/encounter arms, the melee armor, and the daily shirt. Control Wizard is left with stamina boots, maybe the encounter arms, since the ranged arms may not work for all of their powers, and then the daily shirt. The Great Weapon Fighter got almost perfect multipliers and stats from their gear, while the Control Wizard gets sub-optimal bonuses and can't even fill every slot with a multiplier. Too many of the multipliers that the Control Wizard would want are all in the arms slot.

final multipliers from the gear above:
    GWF
    at-wills: +9.27%
    encounters: +6.09% (melee)
    dailies: +0.78% (melee)

CW
    at-wills: +3% (+0% without stamina)
    encounters: +6.09% (+3% without stamina)
    dailies: +6.09% (+3% without stamina)

Unless this is an intended balance change, this gear should probably be looked at. This doesn't even take into account the fact that most of the Great Weapon Fighter's gear drops from tier 1 hunts with perfect stats, while the Control Wizard's gear drops from tier 2 and 3 hunts with sub-optimal stats.
  • araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I'm not sure I understand the direction the devs are now taking with the new gear.

On one hand, there are several pieces witch together will greatly increase dps as a whole, and I kind of appreciate that they'll be hard to get because they can only be earned through hunting. More variety is good. But at the same time this dps increase will once again add to the power-creep and make even more content obsolete. What was the point of goin through the bonding nerf just to get back to and beyond where we were a few months ago.

Also, the new artifact equipment sets are weird. You get much more stats but worse set bonuses for dps, so overall I might as well stick with what I have. But the iL on the new gear definately doesn't correspond to it's usefulness. You might say that iL doesn't matter, but as a TR it's the easiest way to get invited since many people are so ignorant about our class.
    @designedbyrng#4319
    GWFs and CWs get an equal amount of % damage increase, and there are items specifically made for ranged dps increase. Anyways, the only item most GWFs will get is the Fured Kuino of the bear because it's got good stats and a nice bonus (3%). Rest has just terrible stats for us.

Anyways, I don't get why people are complaining about this gear. They did it perfectly - they wanted to decrease how dependent a players is on buffs. That's exactly why they nerfed Aura of Courage and 2x DC meta. Nothing will change. AoC does a LOT of damage, and now that has been nerfed by almost 50%. Bear your sins and weapons of light no longer stack, 2 pretty big nerfs as well. So we're ALL getting nerfed. Getting 6% damage isn't very significant.

Also, I kinda have my doubts that you've tried the new trial. Any sort of help will be good for that, so even lower geared groups can do it. So the impact of losing a DC or a pally during the fight, while significant, won't make the whole run impossible.
    @"gromovnipljesak#8234"

"GWFs and CWs get an equal amount of % damage increase"
    No, they do not. Lets assume that all of a Control Wizard's powers are ranged and all of a Great Weapon Fighter's are melee. The Great Weapon Fighter can equip the fured kuino of the bear, which increases their melee damage by 3%, the Control Wizard then equips eyestalk wrappers, which increases their ranged damage by 3%. They are now equally increased presumably. Now lets have them find the most optimal boots to equip. You said that Great Weapon Fighter won't equip any of the other gear, however, lets compare.

Just for the sake of making this comparison easier, lets assume the boots of the willed don't even have stats. Additionally we will be counting the crit on the primal boots as power, since having crit on them simply means we are moving our crit chance around. So 3% damage multiplier versus 2,500 power. If you have more than about 65k power, the +3% multiplier is worth more than the 2,500 power. This is mainly because 80-90% of a Great Weapon Fighter's damage is from at-wills, so a 3% damage multiplier on at-wills is aprox a 2.4% damage multiplier on everything. This completely neglects the fact that the boots of the willed have power and armor pen, which are both decent stats. Moving along.

Now lets compare for CW who only deal 5-10% of their damage with at-wills. They will almost assuredly use the enduring boots over the Boots of the Willed. The same equation can be used for enduring boots versus the primal boots. Primal simply doesn't stand a chance even if the enduring boots do not have stats on them. This winds up giving Control Wizard and Great Weapon Fighter a fairly similar boost so far, since Great Weapon Fighters don't gain exactly 3% from the boots of the willed and Control Wizards won't gain exactly 3% from the enduring boots. We will call them even so far.

Now lets compare arm slots... oh wait... Control Wizard already has an item in the arm slots, since the +3% ranged item is an arm item (eyestalk wrappers). So Great Weapon Fighter now equips the Fearbringers, which give +3% more damage to at-wills and encounters. We already did the math to prove that a multiplier like this is bigger than the stats gained from primal, which means that a Great Weapon Fighter gets a straight advantage in this situation. Part of the issue is that the +3% ranged item is equipped to the arms slot, while the +3% melee item is equipped to the armor slot.

I'm moving on from that point, since it should now be obvious what I meant by this.

"Also, I kinda have my doubts that you've tried the new trial. Any sort of help will be good for that"
    I haven't tried it, but did I ask for nerfs on this gear? Did I ask for this gear to be removed? No. I asked that the slot types be looked at to make sure all of the classes get a similar benefit from the new gear, since releasing new gear for only one class is a recipe for disaster.

"That's exactly why they nerfed Aura of Courage"
    Could you link me the thread, comment, post or blog where Aura of Courage got nerfed. Thank you.

"Bear your sins and weapons of light no longer stack, 2 pretty big nerfs as well."
    I think you overestimate how much this will impact the game. It's a nerf, but it's not a "big" nerf. The nerfs to Break the Spirit and Hallowed Ground are both much bigger than either of these two changes.

"they wanted to decrease how dependent a players is on buffs"
    ... players aren't dependent on buffs. Buffs are simply overpowered, so everyone maxes them out and uses them. Over time content has been balanced to include these buffs. Giving players more damage doesn't make buffs any less overpowered, it just gives players more damage.

@gromovnipljesak#8234

"GWFs and CWs get an equal amount of % damage increase"

No, they do not. Lets assume that all of a Control Wizard's powers are ranged and all of a Great Weapon Fighter's are melee. The Great Weapon Fighter can equip the fured kuino of the bear, which increases their melee damage by 3%, the Control Wizard then equips eyestalk wrappers, which increases their ranged damage by 3%. They are now equally increased presumably. Now lets have them find the most optimal boots to equip. You said that Great Weapon Fighter won't equip any of the other gear, however, lets compare.

Just for the sake of making this comparison easier, lets assume the boots of the willed don't even have stats. Additionally we will be counting the crit on the primal boots as power, since having crit on them simply means we are moving our crit chance around. So 3% damage multiplier versus 2,500 power. If you have more than about 65k power, the +3% multiplier is worth more than the 2,500 power. This is mainly because 80-90% of a Great Weapon Fighter's damage is from at-wills, so a 3% damage multiplier on at-wills is aprox a 2.4% damage multiplier on everything. This completely neglects the fact that the boots of the willed have power and armor pen, which are both decent stats. Moving along.

Now lets compare for CW who only deal 5-10% of their damage with at-wills. They will almost assuredly use the enduring boots over the Boots of the Willed. The same equation can be used for enduring boots versus the primal boots. Primal simply doesn't stand a chance even if the enduring boots do not have stats on them. This winds up giving Control Wizard and Great Weapon Fighter a fairly similar boost so far, since Great Weapon Fighters don't gain exactly 3% from the boots of the willed and Control Wizards won't gain exactly 3% from the enduring boots. We will call them even so far.

Now lets compare arm slots... oh wait... Control Wizard already has an item in the arm slots, since the +3% ranged item is an arm item (eyestalk wrappers). So Great Weapon Fighter now equips the Fearbringers, which give +3% more damage to at-wills and encounters. We already did the math to prove that a multiplier like this is bigger than the stats gained from primal, which means that a Great Weapon Fighter gets a straight advantage in this situation. Part of the issue is that the +3% ranged item is equipped to the arms slot, while the +3% melee item is equipped to the armor slot.

I'm moving on from that point, since it should now be obvious what I meant by this.

"Also, I kinda have my doubts that you've tried the new trial. Any sort of help will be good for that"

I haven't tried it, but did I ask for nerfs on this gear? Did I ask for this gear to be removed? No. I asked that the slot types be looked at to make sure all of the classes get a similar benefit from the new gear, since releasing new gear for only one class is a recipe for disaster.

"That's exactly why they nerfed Aura of Courage"

Could you link me the thread, comment, post or blog where Aura of Courage got nerfed. Thank you.

"Bear your sins and weapons of light no longer stack, 2 pretty big nerfs as well."

I think you overestimate how much this will impact the game. It's a nerf, but it's not a "big" nerf. The nerfs to Break the Spirit and Hallowed Ground are both much bigger than either of these two changes.

"they wanted to decrease how dependent a players is on buffs"

... players aren't dependent on buffs. Buffs are simply overpowered, so everyone maxes them out and uses them. Over time content has been balanced to include these buffs. Giving players more damage doesn't make buffs any less overpowered, it just gives players more damage.

Yeah, as someone who plays both CW and GWF, I can say that what you've said is bollocks. If I equipped everything that gives +x% damage stats, i'd lose what, 2.5-2.8k crit? Let's go for a nice 2.6k. That's 6.5% crit chance. That's a LOT. I'd rather keep my stats, thanks. The only players who will consider these new items are endgame players (aka the 1%) and lunatics.
    You say those are "decent stats", not for me. Not for a LOT of GWFs which have primal boots for the stats. And they come from the Tyrant, and while I'm pretty much end game, I don't have a single KoS item. I could afford them, but the stats just don't fit my build. And I know a LOT of others who think the same.

I mentioned Cradle for the chum saying some bs about power creep or whatever, so you might as well ignore that.

AoC going by our health instead of the pally's. It happened already, and it's a noticeable nerf.
    WoL nerf isn't that significant, but then again, getting 3% more DPS from an item isn't either. BYS nerf isn't that significant either, but same goes for other items. But then again, this was responding to the power creep lad.
    Lastly, "players aren't dependent on buffs". Right. That's exactly why 5x DC can finish TONG, and 5x TR for instance can't. Giving players damage bonuses indeed doesn't buffs less op, but what it does is balance (or rather cancel) each other out.

To be honest, I don't exactly give a damn about these new items. I definitely am competitive, but the increase is so insignificant next to the nerfs. I honestly doubt many people will be bothered to grind for half the items. 99% of GWFs I know won't bother to get anything past the Fured Kuino. Because something people forgot to do while they were minmaxing the living HAMSTER out of their stats and everything is having fun. Instead of worrying about (pretty much insignificant) damage bonuses (which no one gives a HAMSTER about here in the real world), worry about how HAMSTER boring grinding this out will be.

I've got the perfect idea for the minmax crowd. A peripheral in the shape of a glove that gives you +1% crit severity when you punch yourself in the face with it.
    edited January 2018
    @"gromovnipljesak#8234"
    If a best in slot player stacked as much crit as they could, and ignored the cap, they can reach over 150% crit chance on pretty much every class in the game. You don't need that extra 50%. Oh you aren't best in slot? Cool, then you don't need that extra 20%. You're new and don't have maxed crit? Well then does the balance of high end gear pertain to you? Nope. Just because you can't be bothered to grind it and cannot be bothered to get the crit some place else, doesn't mean it isn't better.

"AoC going by our health instead of the pally's. It happened already, and it's a noticeable nerf."
    link please

"Because something people forgot to do while they were minmaxing the living HAMSTER out of their stats and everything is having fun."
    Just because you don't think it's fun doesn't mean it isn't fun for us

"WoL nerf isn't that significant, but then again, getting 3% more DPS from an item isn't either."
    Except that WoL applies to everyone, while 3% more DPS from a class specific item only applies to one class, which is a potential balance concern if it wasn't intentional and accounted for.