test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Going to Tank FBI tonight - 1st attempt

Hi All,

Just curious if I have the stats to tank FBI, hopefully ToNG done the road.

My Conqueror Built has the following stats with three R12 bonding currently for tanking

Defense 26K
DR 80%
Frost Resist: 44%
RI: 85.5% (just from guild boon, chult pants and artifact gear.
Power: 18K
Crit Chance: 30% (50% due to Moonbow companion)
Recovery: Around 6-7K with bonding

The stats above and does not include my sudden ring or rising ring of defense. It does not include my moderate negation armor either or any other buffs I may receive.

My Tac Buff build has 2K more defense than my Conqueror build and 2K less power. I can up my defense a bit more if needed by swapping out my 2K power mount for 2K defense mount.

Given the info above do I have the stats to tank in FBI? I will be going into FBI with a15K GWF, 15.5K OP Healer, 13K DC, and hopefully a 16+K GWF.

Should I be good or should I swap out my underdark rings for another set of rings, I can probably pick up pioneer or acquire another with seals.

Comments

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Stat and group wise, seems good. Dont like the moonbow personally tho but it works
  • boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Swap the underdark rings asap. You can grab somi rings with seals. Better rings drop in Chult.

The easiest way to go into an fbi, is to grab a protector pally instead of another dps. This way you can go in with your dps/conqueror spec.

If you do grab another GWF for your group, I’d suggest your tactician loadout.

No matter what, in the future do everything you can to up your resistance ignored. This way you can take the power boon from your guild instead of armor pen.

All of that said, the secret to fbi is the hill climb. Everything else is cake. The secret to the hill climb is movement speed. So, gladiators guile mount equip bonus...darks in utility slots, Shepard’s devotion mount equip power and the class feature steel grace.

Everything in fbi can or can nearly one shot you. Buffs and debuffs need to go out quickly. That said, shield up and stay out of the red. If you can’t make it out of the red in time, point your shield towards the middle of the red circle. You’ll have a daily regardless if you go conqueror or tactician loadout.

Lastly, rotation and powers. This is a question rather than an explanation. What do you think you should run given the spec you are going to go with?

Examples: not a complete list here, but I’ll go over the standard stuff. More importantly, I’m taking into consideration your stated stats.

1. Conqueror spec...fray, ET and LBA on the hill climb.
    1a. Conqueror spec.....fray, KC and knee breaker on bosses. Griffins wrath is better, but you won’t be hitting that hard and waiting on cooldowns too long. Gotta keep crushing pin up. Don’t forget Villians menace, obviously.
    2. Tactician spec.....fray, ET and commander’s strike, hill climb.
    2a. Tactician spec.....fray, ET and knights valor, hill climb.
    2b. Tactician spec.....fray, knee breaker and commander’s strike, bosses.

Class features can get tricky. It really depends on how you tank. But I will say this....Steel Grace on the hill climb regardless. Combat superiority with conqueror spec. Swap steel grace for steel blitz in boss fights. Tactician, keep steel grace and consider either shield talent, if you need it. Or, and this is a better option, use guarded assault with the off hand artifact class feature. This procs crushing pin and Knight’s valor spreads it around.

I’m sure I forgot to mention something pertinent, but someone else may chime in with good info. Good luck and tank on.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I typically have combat super as my personal all the time. From there it is between Steel Grace and Guarded Assault. My Tac uses Guarded Assault and my Conq uses Steel Grace. As Power vs. RI, I built this character simply to tank when I was in a smaller guild and it was my second character I created after my DC. Out of my 6 characters that I have, this is my 3rd I play after my DC and CW and sit at around 13.5 IL, maybe.

I typically run my Conq on adds and Tac on bosses The encounters you list are what I already use on both for the Hill but I will probably swap my equipped combat power over to defense to get my DR to about 88% for my Conq build. I will check to see if I have enough seals. Should I get the Defense an Deflect, Defense and Recovery rings, or another ring all together?

I run the Val Set. Any specific artifact I should use to make the hill climb easier?
  • boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Power/crit for your conqueror spec, with seals. Crit/armor pen from Chult and ToNG is better. Better for the purpose of adding RI so you can take the power boon from guild. I’d also suggest the super cheap white tiger for an extra 2k armor pen.

Tactician spec, grab the defense/recovery and the guild HP boon. Keep everything else the same.

I use the sigil of the devoted and artificers persuasion for my conqueror spec. Dailies on dailies. The wheel has more utility and is always a good go to artifact for any toon. In weak ‘heals’ groups I run the pally sigil against the turtle. Hati and final boss move too much for it to be useful with them and of course it’s a bad artifact against mobs. The BiS against bosses is currently the soul sight crystal. At mythic it gives 50% increased damage for 10 seconds. So it matches up with a beast rotation that obviously includes Knights challenge, also 10 seconds.
    edited January 2018
    Did ok. The run up the hill hurt like hell. But it was my first attempt. First set of Giants were not that bad. Second set was horrible due to a DPS pulling all of them on top of us at once. Next time, I will pull the 2nd set of Giants down the hill.

Power/crit for your conqueror spec, with seals. Crit/armor pen from Chult and ToNG is better. Better for the purpose of adding RI so you can take the power boon from guild. I’d also suggest the super cheap white tiger for an extra 2k armor pen.

Tactician spec, grab the defense/recovery and the guild HP boon. Keep everything else the same.

I use the sigil of the devoted and artificers persuasion for my conqueror spec. Dailies on dailies. The wheel has more utility and is always a good go to artifact for any toon. In weak ‘heals’ groups I run the pally sigil against the turtle. Hati and final boss move too much for it to be useful with them and of course it’s a bad artifact against mobs. The BiS against bosses is currently the soul sight crystal. At mythic it gives 50% increased damage for 10 seconds. So it matches up with a beast rotation that obviously includes Knights challenge, also 10 seconds.

The group I run with wants me to gear up my GF for ToNG. The reason being is the GF ToNG runs we have been in are typically around 25 minute runs whereas with another class in place of the GF it can take over an hour, depending on the 2nd DPS we have. Hopefully one day I can run ToNG on my GF. She is still a baby, barely over 13K IL.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

The group I run with wants me to gear up my GF for ToNG. The reason being is the GF ToNG runs we have been in are typically around 25 minute runs whereas with another class in place of the GF it can take over an hour, depending on the 2nd DPS we have. Hopefully one day I can run ToNG on my GF. She is still a baby, barely over 13K IL.

I geared up my GF for dps for T9G and I can tell you from my experience it works very well. It was our fastest run yet and one of the guys was on his new-ish Paladin tanking. I still have to run my DC most of the time as we have a shortage of DC's and we are definitely slower when we run it with just 1 DC.

edited January 2018
    manipulos said:

I geared up my GF for dps for T9G and I can tell you from my experience it works very well. It was our fastest run yet and one of the guys was on his new-ish Paladin tanking. I still have to run my DC most of the time as we have a shortage of DC's and we are definitely slower when we run it with just 1 DC.

My first ToNG run was on Monday. Took a small break from September to late October and when I came back I was playing on HR and SW more than my DC, GF or CW.

I started Chult and within 2 weeks and 1 day opened up ToNG. An hour after I opened it took my first stroll with some good guild mates and two randoms. The two Random was a 17K DO DC and a 17K GF DPS. I was on my AC DC around 15.3K, my guilde mates are both 15.6K+. The GF used ITF perfectly throughout the run. It was a 26 minute run, my first ToNG run, no wipes. I think I may have slowed the group down just a bit due to being new, but I did my homework so I had an idea on the traps, etc...

Second and third trips into ToNG the 2nd DC and the lower IL DPS kept dying on the platform. I would have stuck around for both but it was family time.

So I successful and fairly fast ToNG run with two failures, though I left both of the failures with only being in there for 40 minutes, so still not bad timing given both had 2 wipes on the last boss.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    It's mostly down to learning the positioning and attack patterns of the enemies.

Here is a vid of the Giant run up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0qg92Pxrlc

I don't think I was DR capped, this was with a mishmash group without a 2nd DC or OP so no crazy damage and no soulforge (i think). However I did use a dancing shield which taunts some of the enemies now and again which lightens the load.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".