test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Lost City of Omu Rewards

Comments

• lordgio1984lordgio1984 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User

Issue with Champion's Armored Bulette:

The champions armored bulette I noticed had been drastically resized on preview. It is now a lot smaller on preview than it is on live. I want to see this get fixed, this mount looks a lot better when its big.

This is not the first time the champion's armored bulette has been subject to a resize after a module release. The champion's armored bulette was big when it was first released and stayed that way up until module 9. When module 9 hit, this mount was downsized. Several players who own this mount complained and this mount was eventually changed back to its original size as a result.

I owe one of these huge powerful beasts and, when I logged in the preview shard, I had to struggle not to fall under a heart attack :D . My Champion's Armored Bulette was heavily reduced in size and I was smaller than other players on rare/epic mounts, and even smaller than players standing on their own feet. Please, don't turn my beloved mount in a sort of "My Little Pony"!
    I noticed the same issue on ordinary Armored Bulettes, but I had not so many info about them: therefore, I asked people who ride them, and I found they are already very small, even on live server. Well, I haven't an ordinary Armored Bulette (at least for now) but I feel to put in a good word for those who have them: please, make Armored Bulettes big again!
    Thanks a lot!
    With the exception of a mod or 2 after module 9 got launched, the regular armored bulette has always been smaller than the champion's armored bulette. I just found an old picture I took of my champion's armored bulette standing next to a regular armored bulette post module 9. Neither of the bulettes in this picture are as tiny as they were right after module 9 went live, this probably means they have been subject to a size change twice before being changed back to their origional size. This picture was not dated but this picture is most likely from module 10 or 10.5:

https://i.imgur.com/VQdAbqt.jpg

Also, I agree that regular armored bulettes should probably also get their size increased. I suspect if you polled regular armored bulette owners, the majority of them would be in favor of their mounts being made the same size as the champion's armored bulette (as long as both mounts are big). Changing a mount from its original version can backfire though so it would be a good idea to check that owners of regular armored bulettes want this before doing it.

*Update*

I just logged in on live and got a player with the regular armored bulette to pose next to my champion's armored bulette. His toon is a dwarf and mine is a halfling to get an idea of the scaling. Here is 2 pictures of the size comparision, this is also the same size these 2 mounts were before module 9:

https://i.imgur.com/ykGblPu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9iYGANU.jpg
    Thank a lot for your explaination! I started playing just a little time before the lvl 70 was released (I hit lvl 60 just five or six days before that release), so I don't know what happened before that milestone. Let's hope developers will listen to our requests and give us some feedback soon.
    Regards :)
    You did not miss the era I'm referring to then. Module 6 was when the level cap got raised to 70 so you started playing right before module 6 dropped. The regular armored bulette was released at the begaining of module 6 as the grand prize in the black earth lockbox. The champion's armored bulette was released durring mid or late module 6 as part of the Neverwinter combat league PVP event. It was bind on equip though and a lot of PVPers sold their bulettes durring later modules after they won them.
    Yes, I remember that period, but I was too poor, weak and newbie to know anything about legendary mounts. I saw one of those bulettes around and it litterally made my eyes glitter: "Hey, I want it!". I remember that I saw many of them on Auction House, but they were too expensive for me in that period: i had to work on artifacts, enchantments and so on, and when I finished upgrading my DC and had something to buy a legendary mount, they practically disappeared from Auction House. I was hopeless about riding one of them until last June, when a Champion's Armored Bulette popped on Auction House: I spent a huge fortune to get it, and even if everybody told me I was totally crazy, I have still no regret! It's worth every single Astral Diamond I spent <3
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Issue with Champion's Armored Bulette:

The champions armored bulette I noticed had been drastically resized on preview. It is now a lot smaller on preview than it is on live. I want to see this get fixed, this mount looks a lot better when its big.

This is not the first time the champion's armored bulette has been subject to a resize after a module release. The champion's armored bulette was big when it was first released and stayed that way up until module 9. When module 9 hit, this mount was downsized. Several players who own this mount complained and this mount was eventually changed back to its original size as a result.

I owe one of these huge powerful beasts and, when I logged in the preview shard, I had to struggle not to fall under a heart attack :D . My Champion's Armored Bulette was heavily reduced in size and I was smaller than other players on rare/epic mounts, and even smaller than players standing on their own feet. Please, don't turn my beloved mount in a sort of "My Little Pony"!
    I noticed the same issue on ordinary Armored Bulettes, but I had not so many info about them: therefore, I asked people who ride them, and I found they are already very small, even on live server. Well, I haven't an ordinary Armored Bulette (at least for now) but I feel to put in a good word for those who have them: please, make Armored Bulettes big again!
    Thanks a lot!
    With the exception of a mod or 2 after module 9 got launched, the regular armored bulette has always been smaller than the champion's armored bulette. I just found an old picture I took of my champion's armored bulette standing next to a regular armored bulette post module 9. Neither of the bulettes in this picture are as tiny as they were right after module 9 went live, this probably means they have been subject to a size change twice before being changed back to their origional size. This picture was not dated but this picture is most likely from module 10 or 10.5:

https://i.imgur.com/VQdAbqt.jpg

Also, I agree that regular armored bulettes should probably also get their size increased. I suspect if you polled regular armored bulette owners, the majority of them would be in favor of their mounts being made the same size as the champion's armored bulette (as long as both mounts are big). Changing a mount from its original version can backfire though so it would be a good idea to check that owners of regular armored bulettes want this before doing it.

*Update*

I just logged in on live and got a player with the regular armored bulette to pose next to my champion's armored bulette. His toon is a dwarf and mine is a halfling to get an idea of the scaling. Here is 2 pictures of the size comparision, this is also the same size these 2 mounts were before module 9:

https://i.imgur.com/ykGblPu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9iYGANU.jpg
    Thank a lot for your explaination! I started playing just a little time before the lvl 70 was released (I hit lvl 60 just five or six days before that release), so I don't know what happened before that milestone. Let's hope developers will listen to our requests and give us some feedback soon.
    Regards :)
    You did not miss the era I'm referring to then. Module 6 was when the level cap got raised to 70 so you started playing right before module 6 dropped. The regular armored bulette was released at the begaining of module 6 as the grand prize in the black earth lockbox. The champion's armored bulette was released durring mid or late module 6 as part of the Neverwinter combat league PVP event. It was bind on equip though and a lot of PVPers sold their bulettes durring later modules after they won them.
    Yes, I remember that period, but I was too poor, weak and newbie to know anything about legendary mounts. I saw one of those bulettes around and it litterally made my eyes glitter: "Hey, I want it!". I remember that I saw many of them on Auction House, but they were too expensive for me in that period: i had to work on artifacts, enchantments and so on, and when I finished upgrading my DC and had something to buy a legendary mount, they practically disappeared from Auction House. I was hopeless about riding one of them until last June, when a Champion's Armored Bulette popped on Auction House: I spent a huge fortune to get it, and even if everybody told me I was totally crazy, I have still no regret! It's worth every single Astral Diamond I spent <3 </p>
    lol. I think we are starting to make this thread veer offtopic, I'll stop after this post and come back when I have some more feedback :D I'll share my bulette story first though.

I started playing NW somewhere between modules 1 and 4. I played daily back then but owing to my lack of prior knowledge on how to play MMOs, I was wearing mostly green gear and rank 4's/5's until mid module 7. I decided to start a new account right before module 6 launched, I made it to level 70 on my new TR literally 1 week before mod 6's release. I wasn't very strong back then but I was a very ambitious primarily PVP player and wanted to one day become the strongest PVP TR in Neverwinter. I saw the champion's armored bulette appear on the NCL Arc blogpost and wanted that thing really bad. That bulette looked better than any other mount I had seen in the game and meant something to me because of my PVP ambitions. I never thought I would actually get one when I first saw it though. Despite how often I PVPed, I was a solo player with little knowledge on how to progress and was not physically capable of reaching the top of the leaderboards back then.

A little while later (still mod 6) I decided to browse the AH to see what kind of mounts existed. I found several champion's armored bulettes posted for 1.6mil -1.8mil (they were epic quality back then). I was thoroughly surprised these mounts could be sold at all and went nuts trying to get one. I ground WOD draconic heralds runs almost nonstop for 6 days and raised my very first million+ AD from almost nothing but stacks of resonance stones and other heralds junk. I bought my champion's armored bulette as my very first epic mount, I had been walking around on a green quality shadow wolf previously.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    tomiotar said:

I know many people are going to hate me because of this comment, but I believe that you should change one specific hunt item before going live. The item is the chest that drop from Tier 1 hunt Polaris "Fured Kiuno of the Bear" and it has the stats of the "Rex Amiculum" but gives 3% extra melee damage instead of power for 10 seconds. I want to let this clear, my main is an HR combat but I believe that, in order to keep the things more balanced, it should be changed to 3% for casters/ranged people, because rigth now is not the melee people the chars that need to be buffed and that chest is going to become BiS for most of the people that prefer the result than the IL that appear on Char page and you can get it from an Tier 1 hunt.

BTW, Polaris was so easy to kill that Im not sure if its bugged or WAI.

+100000
    The counterpart gear for casters will be given by new gloves, but the current primal gloves are already very good for all classes and I don't see myself changing them .
    Again in this module, everything has been designed AGAIN for GWFs (ok it will help TR and GF as well).....

I would have prefered to have a one size fits all new armor.

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    There's a ring that increases ranged damage by 2.5% i think. If they stack that's 5%. What's your point? I do agree that it would be better if it just straight up increased all damage by 3%, but you won't die because of it.

There's a ring that increases ranged damage by 2.5% i think. If they stack that's 5%. What's your point? I do agree that it would be better if it just straight up increased all damage by 3%, but you won't die because of it.

The ring you mention is a +5 ring hidden behind several layers of hunts and RNG, (and I have one the worst RNG in this game) AND it it actually a ring that gives additional damage when you are close to the enemy: valid for all classes.

You know that everyone will pick the version that gives damage when you are close ??? anyway +5 ring is hidden behind several layers of hunts and RNG, (and I have one the worst RNG in this game)

Melee/at-will classes will benefit from ALL interesting new gear.

The ring you mention is a +5 ring hidden behind several layers of hunts and RNG, (and I have one the worst RNG in this game) AND it it actually a ring that gives additional damage when you are close to the enemy: valid for all classes.
    There are 2 rings. One that's below 25', and one that's above 25'.
    edited January 2018

I know : I failed my editing :)

so to sum up:
    Fured kieno armor : 3% more damage for melee powers : seems easy to get but not intended for caster classes unless the tooltip is misleading.
    -->should have applied to a head piece in order to be consistent with the ranged-class counterpart (eyestalk) and with the rest of the gear mentioned below.
    -->Instead, this armor could give additonal damage for being close to the target, regardless of the powers used.

Eyestalk wrappers gloves : 3% more damage for ranged powers but you lose some stats compared to vivified primal gloves and the current primal gloves bonus is quite as good, so no real benefit

• Jawrppiers gloves (tier 3 hunt difficult to achieve) : 3% more damage for encounters
    • Boots of the willed (tier 3 hunt difficult to achieve) : 3% more damage for at-wills
    • Upper primal pants : 3% more damage for dailies
    -->these 3 ones sound ok.

Generally speaking, power creep and damage creep are back..... Not good.

Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2018

The trhesold of this weapon is too "low " and this weapon do not have any cooldown. 10% of maximum hit points is very easy.
    10% of 160000 hp= 16000 damage even if you have 80% dr you can get that hit.
    OR get healed for 16k hp again is low because i guess it counts and the heals would heal( example if your teamate does 300k heal when you missing 2k it takes in acount the 300k) but even if you miss 16k hp is too "Low" .
    Even if you have 200k is 20k damage-heal not hard to get this one .

This weapon need internal cooldown or higher trheshold to 60% at least.
    Or one of two like when you get damage not when you get heal.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on

so to sum up:
    Fured kieno armor : 3% more damage for melee powers : seems easy to get but not intended for caster classes unless the tooltip is misleading.
    -->should have applied to a head piece in order to be consistent with the ranged-class counterpart (eyestalk) and with the rest of the gear mentioned below.
    -->Instead, this armor could give additonal damage for being close to the target, regardless of the powers used.

Eyestalk wrappers gloves : 3% more damage for ranged powers but you lose some stats compared to vivified primal gloves and the current primal gloves bonus is quite as good
    • Jawrppiers gloves (tier 3 hunt difficult to achieve) : 3% more damage for encounters
    • Boots of the willed (tier 3 hunt difficult to achieve) : 3% more damage for at-wills

You're forgetting that alongside these awesome items, we're getting some big nerfs. Bear your sins and weapons of light no longer stack, Aura of Courage goes by our health (so 50% less damage on average from AoC), lightning no longer multi-proccing... this ain't no powercreep mate.

Also, with jawripper gloves, you lose a LOT of stats. For example, it's 650-ish power and like 1.9k defense, right? Compare that to my current gloves - 938 power and 1407 crit. To lose almost 300 base power and 1.4k crit is mental. So it ain't okay, at least not for me. Boots of the willed, power/arp. I already have more than enough arp, and I'd once again lose about 1k crit and some power. And speaking of bonuses, I quite like my current gloves with +5% power and boots which are +3% AP per kill.
    You see, it's not all clear-cut as you think, and the "power creep" isn't even major with these items. We've had the Executioner's black attire what was awesome for MANY DPS classes - it's +5% damage, yet people rarely use it.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2018

so to sum up:

Eyestalk wrappers gloves : 3% more damage for ranged powers but you lose some stats compared to vivified primal gloves and the current primal gloves bonus is quite as good

You're forgetting that alongside these awesome items, we're getting some big nerfs. Bear your sins and weapons of light no longer stack, Aura of Courage goes by our health (so 50% less damage on average from AoC), lightning no longer multi-proccing... this ain't no powercreep mate.

Also, with jawripper gloves, you lose a LOT of stats. For example, it's 650-ish power and like 1.9k defense, right? Compare that to my current gloves - 938 power and 1407 crit. To lose almost 300 base power and 1.4k crit is mental. So it ain't okay, at least not for me. Boots of the willed, power/arp. I already have more than enough arp, and I'd once again lose about 1k crit and some power. And speaking of bonuses, I quite like my current gloves with +5% power and boots which are +3% AP per kill.
    You see, it's not all clear-cut as you think, and the "power creep" isn't even major with these items. We've had the Executioner's black attire what was awesome for MANY DPS classes - it's +5% damage, yet people rarely use it.
    Multiprocing as you say affected the classes that actually multiprocing. A whole set gloves- boots- armor buffing actually meelee and att will damage for classes they dont get affect from those changes. gwf-tr-hr. find me logic into this .
    And besides that on cw we got some compensation those items are not excuse to nerfs the new weapons alone are enough.
    edited January 2018

so to sum up:

I was at work so I could not write everything I had in mind....

I like my current primal gloves and feet as well, so as a caster class, I feel disappointed that the mod13 damage bonus to ranged classes are given by ....eyestakler gloves.
    An alternative would be to put this ranged-class damage bonus on a head piece: everyone will be happy (because the current primal head piece gives a meh bonus).
    -->every class will be happy (melee classes with armor and ranged classes with head piece) and in addition, they will have the opportunity to slot the gloves, boots and pants that give respectively +3% damage to encounter, at-will and dailies, or to keep and/or vivify their current ones.

However, you also have to take the difficulty to obtain gear in mind (hunt tier)

As for the DC nerf, the impact will not be that huge, and I already understood that the new equipment (higher weapon range, bonus damage gear) was meant to improve the dps of dps and decrease the need of buffing supports. :smile: However, the increase comes too early after previous module imho.

As for the other gear of module 13, there are pros and cons but it can satisfy many needs.

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Question, did we just rolled over the fact that a T1 item makes MC armor and Rex amiculum particularly useless?

Even as non-meele, why should I bother to buy Rex Armor if T1 is so easy to get. Or invest in MC I-III (wherever that Manticore Armor is).

so to sum up:

I was at work so I could not write everything I had in mind....

I like my current primal gloves and feet as well, so as a caster class, I feel disappointed that the mod13 damage bonus to ranged classes are given by ....eyestakler gloves.
    An alternative would be to put this ranged-class damage bonus on a head piece: everyone will be happy (because the current primal head piece gives a meh bonus).
    -->every class will be happy (melee classes with armor and ranged classes with head piece) and in addition, they will have the opportunity to slot the gloves, boots and pants that give respectively +3% damage to encounter, at-will and dailies, or to keep and/or vivify their current ones.

However, you also have to take the difficulty to obtain gear in mind (hunt tier)

As for the DC nerf, the impact will not be that huge, and I already understood that the new equipment (higher weapon range, bonus damage gear) was meant to improve the dps of dps and decrease the need of buffing supports. :smile: However, the increase comes too early after previous module imho.

As for the other gear of module 13, there are pros and cons but it can satisfy many needs.

What they're trying to do is decrease reliance on DCs so any other class can fill that role, without buffing other classes. So how do you do that? Buff the players directly.
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    New weapons and gear....I have no words to expresss my disappointment.

@devs I know this is not your fault but your management's fault for these decisions... big mistake guaranteed.... The grind, the boredom with keeping up and the imbalances that persist and grow are killing player enthusiasm don't you see it?

That's for pve...I won't even mention what this design does to pvp because it is already too late.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User

Aura of Courage goes by our health (so 50% less damage on average from AoC),

Ahm AoC has always gone by your HP not the OPs.

TBH my main problem with the Hunt gear is that as a post S. River campaign this gear is too easy to get. If you can complete progress on the Hunts in this campaign without finishing Chult (as you can on Preview) there is no reason to run Mod12 content until you have what you want from Mod 13.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    You know, I hope for the sake of the game that the drop rate of UES will be actually noticeably improved. Today I did my 73rd run since I got one last time. Now, if you wanna drive people away, more power to ya, but that doesn't sound like a good tactic to preserve your company.

M12, and now M13 would be great... if the grind wasnt so painful. I know you want to make this content really high end, but this is just mental.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    So I ran into this ring earlier, and was a bit puzzled. It looks like a ring meant for Archery HR or some strange long-ranged wizard, so why does it have two defense slots? I understand that if you are greater than 50' it is a defensive (and pretty useless) playstyle, but giving it two defense slots seems a bit weird. Just wanted to point it out in case it is a typo or something

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

I just hope they leave the +4s with 2x off slots. +5s are just way, WAY too rare, and as a DPS; those slots come in handy - very much so.
  • thebutler#5780 thebutler Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    > @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:
    > I just hope they leave the +4s with 2x off slots. +5s are just way, WAY too rare, and as a DPS; those slots come in handy - very much so.

What?! Where?!

> @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:

> I just hope they leave the +4s with 2x off slots. +5s are just way, WAY too rare, and as a DPS; those slots come in handy - very much so.

What?! Where?!

M13? Gravestriker and shadowstalker rings have 2x off slots on +4. Definitely a great idea. Ain't gimping the casual crowd, but is giving something more for the people who can grind all day and all night.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    How wonderful.
    Another mod full of gamebreaking items in PvP. I don't even know where to start.

First of all, you're giving players more than 10% more base damage with new weapons and another 10% in buffs, but giving absolutely no HP at all, reducing time to kill significantly.

Upper Primal Paints: 3% more damage to dailies. There are already GFs, GWFs, and most importantly TRs that are killing other classes with 1 use of their daily, or getting very close to it. This doesn't help.

Mane of the Manticore: ~75k damage after getting hit after you use your daily? Why not? TRs weren't untouchable enough already between their bloodbath every 10 seconds, stealth and impossible to catch. Now if you attempt to touch them, you can just die. You should know better to touch TRs. (Creative naming by the way.)

Fured Kiuno of the Bear: 3% melee damage. Same as above, giving people more damage, reducing TTK without providing required defense. Oh by the way, that nice PvP resistance you have in PvP that was to hopefully balance the field? Well, bad news, it doesn't work against Arpen, it doesn't work against Piercing either. Please change that into a incoming damage reduction and not a damage resistance.

Jawripper's Gloves: 3% more encounter damage. Getting stunlocked by GFs was no fun right? Well seems you have just the thing for us! Now it will all end faster and we all will suffer less. Speaking of stunlock. You remember that CC diminishing returns you implemented a little while ago? Guess what? It's also useless 90% of the time, because everyone dies before it kicks in.

Eyestalk Wrappers: Same as above.

Ring of Offensive Action: As if things weren't killing fast enough with the extra damage and buffs you get from other items, you can also get some more from your ring.

Enduring Boots: And from your boots as well, naturally.

Ring of the Shadowstalker: One ring is not enough, and three is too much, so you have two rings that increases your damage and decreases your time to kill. Perfect, more oneshotting. I can't wait till I can take half HP of everyone fighting on a node with one At Will. Good thing you gave it Arpen too. You wouldn't want pesky mechanics like PvP damage resistance getting in the way.

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    the dungeons are just boring lol, thats the truth, the thing is everyone wants to best best, dpses looking at damage chart all the time, ppl that cant invest time into competing for dps, go into an easier class like OP, cos u need no FLUFFY skill to play it, and then go into dungeon and have 0 idea of the dungeon and what they are supposed to do. and then you have the ones playing with same "premade" group all the time, cos why bother play with others when u have ur 2 dcs, op, and gf to run with. and then they grind, sell, have enough ad, leave the game till next mod. cos there's nothing more to do after u beat the newest dungeon in 10 mins, skipping all cutscenes from day one, not even know the story behind the dungeon, no real interactions between the dungeons and players, i saw what u tried to do with tong by putting the traps and stuff, but those wont help, it just makes it more boring, cos no one has time to waste on a trap when they need to farm their ultimare enchanting stones that only drop from tong and be best in slot or sell for ad. yes, one of the issues in the game is the grind and lack of real contents in the pve, like everything is "grind for ad", every FLUFFY thing is exactly the same, and when a new content comes out with new stuff, voila, u can only get the new stuff from the new content, and those new stuff will make u BiS, if u dont have those, ur damage wont be good enough, ur powershare wont be good enough, ur buffs will suck cos u aint running BiS stuff. then whats your response? lets nerf the BiS and give the others some "slight" insignificant buff, just like the one u did with bondings lol, im still laughing my HAMSTER off, u nerfed it and everyone's still using bondings, made ppl invest in edritch for no reason, see here devs. if something is too overpowered, u have to balance, and nerf is not neccesarily = balance, nono. one of the reasons ppl actually stop doing those dungeons after a while is not just because they are BiS, its cos its unrewarding tbh, after u get ur bondings, enchants to rank 14 and have some ad, what more can tong offer you? absolutely nothing, u do a whole run, spend a que to get a blue crescent insignia. oh nice loot, will definitely run this again. also they are burned out from farming. even if u say, we recommend 2 hours gaming a day, ok 2 hours, u spend 20 mins getting ur "BIS" group together cos as things stand, no one FLUFFY runs without dc and OP, its just a law now, if you dont run with dc/op, u suck. then you do lets say 6 tongs, u get 0 ues, and a few black opals, the rest of the group gets, 0, 5, 2, 1 ues. yh FLUFFY rng, why do others get more than some when they've both put as much effort into their class and spent same amount in the game. makes 0 sense. these are some of the reasons, not gnna mention all the bugs and broken classes that still need fixing but aparently will be even more broken in mod13. stop adding so much "new" to the game and fix the game, to balance something u move a meature where and aim for a mid between both ends. you dont randomly move one end and the other, you are breaking it instead. nerfing multiprocs? np, lets all go back to fey, dread, vorpal.

Mod manually applied fluffy filter.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    > @cilginordek said:
    > How wonderful.
    > Another mod full of gamebreaking items in PvP. I don't even know where to start.
    >
    > First of all, you're giving players more than 10% more base damage with new weapons and another 10% in buffs, but giving absolutely no HP at all, reducing time to kill significantly.
    >
    > Upper Primal Paints: 3% more damage to dailies. There are already GFs, GWFs, and most importantly TRs that are killing other classes with 1 use of their daily, or getting very close to it. This doesn't help.
    >
    > Mane of the Manticore: ~75k damage after getting hit after you use your daily? Why not? TRs weren't untouchable enough already between their bloodbath every 10 seconds, stealth and impossible to catch. Now if you attempt to touch them, you can just die. You should know better to touch TRs. (Creative naming by the way.)
    >
    > Fured Kiuno of the Bear: 3% melee damage. Same as above, giving people more damage, reducing TTK without providing required defense. Oh by the way, that nice PvP resistance you have in PvP that was to hopefully balance the field? Well, bad news, it doesn't work against Arpen, it doesn't work against Piercing either. Please change that into a incoming damage reduction and not a damage resistance.
    >
    > Jawripper's Gloves: 3% more encounter damage. Getting stunlocked by GFs was no fun right? Well seems you have just the thing for us! Now it will all end faster and we all will suffer less. Speaking of stunlock. You remember that CC diminishing returns you implemented a little while ago? Guess what? It's also useless 90% of the time, because everyone dies before it kicks in.
    >
    > Eyestalk Wrappers: Same as above.
    >
    > Ring of Offensive Action: As if things weren't killing fast enough with the extra damage and buffs you get from other items, you can also get some more from your ring.
    >
    > Enduring Boots: And from your boots as well, naturally.
    >
    > Ring of the Shadowstalker: One ring is not enough, and three is too much, so you have two rings that increases your damage and decreases your time to kill. Perfect, more oneshotting. I can't wait till I can take half HP of everyone fighting on a node with one At Will. Good thing you gave it Arpen too. You wouldn't want pesky mechanics like PvP damage resistance getting in the way.

+1
    Nothing more to say
    edited January 2018

>
    snip
    +1
    Nothing more to say

So why did you quote that entire post and just add "nothing more to say", by saying it, ironically?

Anyways, those things will probably be nerfed into oblivion for PvP. Maybe won't even work in PvP.
  • thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Because i think the post is very detailed and very well written. By quoting the whole post again i intend to highlight it and thus make it more prominent so that the devs hopefully pay more attention to it.
    There was no irony or sarcasm intended
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User

>
    snip
    +1
    Nothing more to say

Anyways, those things will probably be nerfed into oblivion for PvP. Maybe won't even work in PvP.
    I am guessing that you don't pvp much and if you do you are unaware of how such items and imbalances have been "treated" by devs in the past.
  • fester69trollfester69troll Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Remove, please, from the background music location alarm clock squeak. This is terribly annoying.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    A question: How we supposed to get the +5 Ring of Gravestriker?

I mean, yes, there are 6 map per week to roll for chance and have not checked yet, but I suppose the maps are acc bound, but still, highly unrealistic to make 5-6 alts, gear them up for the hardest content and mapping for months so I might get a ring. Because a lot of people done 1000 times for +5 rising power and still not got it. So, I might spend a month just to get up all the alt, do it 30 times for 34 week = 1000 attempt, 238 day and if I'm not lucky, I've got it 2 months before mod15 (where new rings might appear)? Or not.

So, in a REALISTIC matter, how we are supposed to get +5 Ring of gravestriker? You at least were able to buy dragon keys for ndemo, but I see no way to get maps. Because let's be honest, gearing up 4 alt from the dust is not a way. Maybe for those who already have multiple highly geared alt, but that still not guarantees anything.