test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180108a.2

1235»

Comments

• almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    Greetings,

I noticed that many ticking powers only proc the weapon enchantment on their first tick.
    Why is this: "Dreadtheft now procs weapon enchantments on every tick." an exception?
    @terramak

I do understand that SW need a boost, but wouldn't it be better if we keep everything coherent? To avoid overpowered stuff when new content (feats, items, enchant, etc) are added.

Thank you,
    Almondum.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I know the changes to CC effects in PVP have been around for months now, but a requirement of Conqueror's Shards of Power has prompted me to start pvp'ing.

Could you please do something to address CW's lack of viability in PVP? Everything I do almost immediately grants CC immunity to players on the other team, I actually hurt my team that way in the case of classes which have quick burst CC like Templar's Wrath and Bull Charge.

Also, TR's smoke bomb is almost not effected by this mechanic, it procs stacks of CC immunity at a slow enough rate to still be effective. I was really hoping to try and have some fun in pvp, but all I do is eat dirt and earn kills for others, maybe if I could get a hold on someone, I could be effective as a *Control* Wizard, but as it stands, most damage CW's do comes from stacks of chill, which seem to also stack CC immunity as far as I can tell in my brief pvp experience. This means the Icy Veins feat is no longer desirable, and having a CW either means instant CC immunity for the other team, or free life steal for the other team.

Basically, the attempt to balance CC effects, completely broke whatever balance there was, considering that classes which are supposed be good at CC, now suck at it, and other classes now dominate in that area which shouldn't.

• pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    @almondum The reason they made Dreadtheft multiproc is that it is a channeling power that locks you into doing nothing else than Dreadtheft. So while casting Dreadtheft you can't cast other things. Which is different from for example Condult of Ice, which is cast once and keeps going while you can keep on doing other stuff.
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    <font color="red">SW:Blades of the Vanquished Armies multi procs weapon enchants, this shouldn't happen because its not a channelling power.</font>
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    so i've been testing the changes on preview for cw, the update to Ray of enfeeblement on tab makes no sense? cooldown has been doubled, but damage is same as off tab and the dots are same, this makes no sense, in current mod, it has its cooldown, 2 charges, double damage, double stacks of arcane and dots, meanwhile on preview it doesn't. isn't this a nerf rather than help? been playing cw since beta and im still yet to see some love for us. no matter how u put it, the "no multiprocs" is a straight nerf for a class that gains so much from multiprocs. instead of a minor increase to ROE, why not rework the masterful theft feat to work on all arcane powers rather than just ST and ROE, i dont see why not. some encounters are already obsolete, they may have worked well in mod1 but come on, we on about to jump into MOD13 and our last encounter is an absolute joke. yes im talking about imprisonment, you'd expect something good from it since its the very last encounter on the run, but no, it has no place at this point of the game. you may aswel consider removing the "control" from the class already, as far as im concern other classes have more control than us...
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Could we get the new chultan tiger at the preview wonderous bazaar so we can test if the buff/debuff stacks between various tigers?

Well, that for testing or an official statement about it stacking or not, an statement would be great too.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I thought for HR it was Aspect of the Pack had the broken off hand bonus if you put four points into it and not lone wolf. I see no notes on that being fixed. And if it was fixed, which mod was it included in?
  • wilsonekpolskawilsonekpolska Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    @terramak says:
    "Mark: This power can now properly be used while swinging with Weapon Master's Strike."
    Hi can u explain what u mean by this, because this is probably buged or just dont work.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

@terramak says:
    "Mark: This power can now properly be used while swinging with Weapon Master's Strike."
    Hi can u explain what u mean by this, because this is probably buged or just dont work.

He means that GFs should be able to use Mark, their tab-power, while using WMS, in mod 13.
    This is a list of bugs with powers procing weapon enchantments that should be addressed.
    <font color="red">
    SW:
    Blades of the Vanquished Armies multi procs weapon enchants, this shouldn't happen because its not a channelling power.

CW:
    Magic Missile hits 5 times with 3 procs. Should be 5 hits 5 procs since this is a channelling power. The last 3 hits count as 1 for some weird reason.
    Ray of Frost does not proc the weapon damage part of the weapon enchantment.
    Chill Strike on tab does not proc the enchant per hit. Instead procs them on the 1 main target in an aoe.
    Chilling Cloud does not proc weapon enchant on the third cast. I also assume it does not proc it in an aoe either.
    Icy Rays does not proc weapon enchants what do ever.
    Steal Time does not proc weapon enchants what so ever.

GWF:
    Steel Blitz procs on lightning arc when proced by Weapon Master's Strike. Procs shouldn't proc procs.
    To reproduce: Slot Lightning Enchant and Weapon Master's Strike and Steel Blitz. Find a Target Dummy and hit a single target with Weapon Master's Strike. You will find that the Lightning arc procs the Steel Blitz on all targets hit even though you only hit one target.

</font>
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User

@almondum The reason they made Dreadtheft multiproc is that it is a channeling power that locks you into doing nothing else than Dreadtheft. So while casting Dreadtheft you can't cast other things. Which is different from for example Condult of Ice, which is cast once and keeps going while you can keep on doing other stuff.

Thank you @pyrosorcerer , understood! It makes sense and it's quite fair now that you explained it to me.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    You need to seriously buff MoF CW damage. And dont get me wrong here, CW needed a buff in my opinion but leaving MoF behind is not good. Its simply not viable anymore with these changes. Buff the damage by smolder/rimfire or some other damage buff and/or make the debuffs/buffs better. I would rather have MoF debuffing potential better, I like having MoF as a strong debuffer path.

Maybe:
    [Swath of Destruction] Debuff 7% up from 5% AND damage 20% up from 15% for each rank
    [Combustive Action] Debuff 8% up from 6% for each rank
    [Critical Conflagration] Crit severity 10% up from 5% for each rank
    [Furious Immolation] Damage 15% up from 10% for each rank and maybe increase target cap.

@terramak

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• thegreatgyanthegreatgyan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Loving the big update on the classes. Let's hope this will balance out the rest of the classes that needed it and hope to release a new class and race next mod. Please let it be bard.......
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    in drider Russian NW.95.20180108a4
    wait patch notes
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    The Chultan Tigers movement speed should be buffed... A tiger is supposed to be fast but this one just seems lazy and tired.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Hello do not let chultan tiger companion to stack its debuff for balance reasons.
    IS already enough to have a 25 seconds damage buff.
    IF we put down the numbers chultan tiger x5 =50% and 5% buff for each party member.
    With this combination not even 25 second to clear a boss much lesser.....
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Wicked Reminder still says it reduces enemy damage resistance rather than increasing their damagae taken, and it also doesn't say how much.
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    @terramak @asterdahl

For the Tr changes:

May i ask, if there are plans if you could remove the "chance to build up bleeding stacks" using duellist flurry?

Let me explain why, it is often for me (and i think other Tr) very frustrating trying to build up bleeding stacks, when all buffs and debuffs from other classes are up and i (we) are stuck with let's say by 5-7 stacks.
    And then the moment is over, and i (we) know we could have maybe dealing much more dps, if i (we) weren't stuck.
    So i would apprecciate if you are thinking about the removing the "chance" and let us simply build up the neccessary stacks, maybe for the sake of pvp, by increasing the stacks to 12 or 14.

Next thing is (for me):

Actually the Tr is in PvE an "selfish" class, the current "meta" with Gf, Op, two Dc, and one Dps class IS playing for the Tr, and i (we) could only benefit from other classes and the only thing we could do for the party, is dealing as much dps as possible.

So my question is, if it is possible to change some feats from the Tr like:

Shady Preperations, Press the Advabtage and Last Moments as "Party Stuf", so that everyone in the group benefits from them?

Because nowadays many people prefers an constellation with as much buff and debuff as possible.
    And comparing to other classes like Hr, Mof Rene, Templock (Mod13), the Tr has...nothing to offer, except dps.

And this is personally an huge thing for me, bc i consider myself as an team player, i would like to see, that i could give my partymembers something back, that they give to me.

"Don't ask what the group can do for you, ask what you could do for the group."

This was always my credo ingame, be it interrupting some attacks like charming or the fear attack in TonG, picking up partymembers and so on, simply said, to made an run as smooth as passible.

Greetz
  • unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    @terramak @asterdahl

I hope that this thread will be read by the designers of the class is devoted cleric. You reduce the main buffs from clerics, but forget that there is this kind of how DD-clerics (damage dealers). And our fate, and so have always been not sweet. In order to somehow begin to deal damage unlike other classes you need to gear up for 17-18K and it will be damage at the level of 13-14kt of other classes. The truth is DD-cleric was never in the game. He has always fallen short to the standard DD classes but individual enthusiasts still made it DD-clerics. With this module you kill DD-cleric fully and finally. To create it is simply meaningless. If you reduce the buffs that just give direct damage for the cleric!!! Let it less bufet but that on par with other DD classes. For example in WOW was a branch of cleric with the "shadow priest" is an excellent damage dealers which were very useful in some areas. I hope can hear me. Please don't kill direction DD cleric!!
    Post edited by unq#3642 on
    Drider // guild "The Wolves" // (GF, DC) = 80к gear+
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

@terramak says:

guardian fighter class, weapon master strike at will isnt marking targets when you hit them on live, havent tested this on preview yet.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited January 2018

You need to seriously buff MoF CW damage. And dont get me wrong here, CW needed a buff in my opinion but leaving MoF behind is not good. Its simply not viable anymore with these changes. Buff the damage by smolder/rimfire or some other damage buff and/or make the debuffs/buffs better. I would rather have MoF debuffing potential better, I like having MoF as a strong debuffer path.

Maybe:
    [Swath of Destruction] Debuff 7% up from 5% AND damage 20% up from 15% for each rank
    [Combustive Action] Debuff 8% up from 6% for each rank
    [Critical Conflagration] Crit severity 10% up from 5% for each rank
    [Furious Immolation] Damage 15% up from 10% for each rank and maybe increase target cap.

@terramak

I'm fine with the devs leaving Swath and Combustive Action as is. I do agree that MoF need some type of buff and since most MoF that run DPS run Critical Conflagration, that should be adjusted. What you list is a good thought on updating the MoF DPS side. Not sure how if that would be too much of a boost or not. Definitely would have to test it out.

Scorching Burst needs some type of update. I rather it be like a small Fireball that has a small AoE attack hitting all targets. The initial target gets Smolder but on the third strike it applies smolder to all targets in the small AoE. The FEAT in Renegade path Arcane Burst should increase the AoE of the at will. This would make the at will a bit more friendly and maybe be used by a bit more players; maybe.

Another thought is to buff Smolder base damage as this would solve the whole lower DPS that a MoF build would have when compared to a SS.
  • unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    miguelfdz said:

If you didin't wanted promote a double DC party you should nerf us in the first play. If one DC is not enough search two.

about 2 DC in the party it's just a reason to nerf us. Many times it has been proven that the most effective party is one good DD and 4 support. 4 support!!! but blame somehow DC!

to developers:

if you nerf DC buff then up DC damage.

Drider // guild "The Wolves" // (GF, DC) = 80к gear+
  • fregoli#8616 fregoli Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    adinosii said:

So, how bad is the "2DC nerf" really?

terramak said:

Devoted Cleric
    • Doubling Up
      • Dev note: We'd like to reduce the potency of bringing two Devoted Clerics to a party, and instead open that spot in high-end groups to other classes that can provide offensive support. We also want both DC Paragon Paths to remain viable choices. As a result, we expect these changes to have low impact to individual Devoted Clerics, while opening up the meta for a wider variety of classes.

There were people that complained (rather loudly in some cases) about the practice of bringing 2 DCs to 5-man content. Those were mostly DPSers that complained that nobody wanted them in ToNG runs.

if they really wanted to open party to variety of class,
    they had this simple solution :
    public = loot (with better rates)
    private = no loot (at all).

by luck, this is not the case.
    and like that, GF and pally can still run together. (GF still best dps on bosses).
    DO and AC too can still run together. HG, PoD, FF are great.
    will the DO be replaced by someone else ? too soon to tell.
    but i guess that SW is doing greater damage than DO, and if it's necessary, he can be templock.
    CW, MOF or pure buffer, can be one of the party to maximize team ? it had to be tested.
    (to prepare mode 13, i should concentrate on my AC now). waiting for the Bard (a FFXIV-like ? could be a geat class ;) )

SW:Blades of the Vanquished Armies multi procs weapon enchants, this shouldn't happen because its not a channelling power.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Shouldn't this thread have been closed? This is the previous patch, not the current one.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    lowjohn said:

#1: @terramak I don't see the fix for GF and OP shielding - the animation fix and delay reduction promised in the October Bugfix Thread. Did those not make it to Mod13, or did you miss them when compiling the patch notes?

Sorry for responding to a closed thread, so you may never see this, but it did not warrant a new thread. FYI this fix made it into Swords of Chult, that's why you're not seeing the patch notes here, it's already live.
This discussion has been closed.