test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Fashion Bag

Comments

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2018

I like to keep one set of fashion items and that's it :)

I assume you are not alone in this. So I am curious, do you just toss any you do get to keep it at one set?

Even without buying fashion sets I have two or three sets on some of my character. The Dragonborne pack alone brought two sets.
    Hmmm The fashion items I tend to use the most are at the gift shop which is why the ease of access is always present even after I toss them out of the inventory. THose are like an eyepatch or ivy-mask, sun mask, things like that.

The rest of the fashion items are held in the character bank. Only one extra slot held out of the sentimental reasons more than anything else, really.

I feel that if I need something I'll buy it. Usually one fashion set lasts me for a year or so before I feel the need to change.

I hope this helps o/ :)
    Post edited by c1k4ml3kc3 on
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • midnightlight#2361 midnightlight Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 45 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you all for the feedback!

How many fashion items do you usually have in your inventory? (Not including your bank.) I'm interested if anyone keeps multiple bags worth of fashion in their inventory as @thestia seems to do? How many fashion items do you want to have access to in between bank visits?

Just as an fyi: fashion items are a bit of a "heavier" item data wise as they can be changed by the player with dyes as opposed to mount skins for example.

This fashion bag is a small step toward helping players improve their ability to personalize their character's look. We certainly have spoken about more robust systems, but it will more likely be incremental improvements as we show the success of each addition. My point is: don't be discouraged if the element you want is not here, but do let us know what additions you would like to see in the future.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2018

How many fashion items do you usually have in your inventory? (Not including your bank.) I'm interested if anyone keeps multiple bags worth of fashion in their inventory as @thestia seems to do? How many fashion items do you want to have access to in between bank visits?

Just as an fyi: fashion items are a bit of a "heavier" item data wise as they can be changed by the player with dyes as opposed to mount skins for example.

This fashion bag is a small step toward helping players improve their ability to personalize their character's look. We certainly have spoken about more robust systems, but it will more likely be incremental improvements as we show the success of each addition. My point is: don't be discouraged if the element you want is not here, but do let us know what additions you would like to see in the future.

0 in my bags, 60 in the bank or so. I honestly dont see the problem here. You can carry 24 or so? And the rest can go into the bank without a problem. If you think fashion is that important that you filled the bags with that, then invest in bankslots or fashion slots. How do you even store RP etc if u filled your bags with fashion?

What about if you could transfere a normal bag into a fashion bag?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited January 2018

I pretty much use/want one fashion set per loadout slot... so 3x9 (or 3x10 depending on how this works). After that maybe a backup outfit, but that's at absolute max. Sadly every time I have attempted to do this, I end up discarding fashion items for bag space, since I always have inventory issues. So, in reality, I don't really know how many I would use.

The more important question is: what happens if you reach the max? I really don't want to see a situation during winterfest (or some other event) where I get 15 different outfits in my overflow bag with no way to keep them, since I cannot organize them into any of my available storage due to overflow rules. This is mostly because the bank becomes partially unusable while your overflow bag is full (which seems really silly to me).

This might be out of the question, but it might be kinda cool to make dyes a part of a loadout instead of actually applying them to an outfit. I'm not sure it would save any dataspace, but if you think of it like the Terraria dye system, but with loadouts, you might be able to create a more user-friendly system that could save (or expand lol) some of the data required to store it. It would be great to be able to have 1 outfit with 6 dye loadouts, rather than 6 outfits with their own custom dye setups.

Beyond that, I was kinda hoping for a "vanity item" or whatever they are called bag, since there are so many cool trinkets and doodads to collect (wand of the green eye thingy, water baloons, water rockets, fireworks, thrones etc), but not enough inventory space to safely hold them all. These take up a lot of inventory space with no actual purpose, similar to fashion, but discarding them feels a lot worse, since they are usually fairly exclusive to an event or promotion they were obtained in.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    @uimaven, @midnightlight#2361 : First of all thanks for this I know this will please a lot of people…

Secondly why just 24 (maybe) slots?

Game 'fashionistas' no doubt already have in excess of 24 items and those like myself who have not taken to fashion because it would take up inventory space needed for other things are probably not going to be strongly encouraged to acquire a lot of items for the same reason, it will quickly fill the 24 available spaces and they will either have to decide whether to buy more slots, just limit their wardrobe or completely forego fashions altogether.

I would think Neverwinter would want to encourage people to obtain fashion items since they usually have to be purchased with Tarmalune Trade Bars and those are usually obtained by purchasing either VIP or keys from the Zen market to open lockboxes or for spending money to purchase Zen during promotional periods, etc.

If people have to pay to purchase fashion items then pay again if they want any more than 24 items… not really an encouragement to purchase fashion items or the means to obtain them if you ask me.

Some fashion items are specific to events and areas. For example if someone is going to attend a in game wedding, a courtly affair, or masquerade ball, they might want to wear fashion appropriate to that setting. If a player is just going to be casually hanging out in an otherwise social or seasonal setting (Spring festival, Winter festival) again they might want to be attired in fashions more appropriate to those settings as well.

Most of us didn't know or havent considered the fashion items being "heavier data wise" aspect, but perhaps instead of asking players how many fashion items they already have, you might consider how many fashion items you want to encourage people to purchase?...
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited January 2018

In terms of character-bound fashion items in bags, off the top of my head I believe 12 on my main. I would put them in the bank except that my bank is full of other character-bound items (equipment, transmutes, etc.) For account-bound items, I play the "keeper-of" game: keeper of fashion, keeper of companions, keeper of RP, keeper of mounts, keeper of transmutes, etc. I have 16 alts and nearly all of them exist solely because I keep hitting the bank space cap.

And then there are the "problematic" fashion sets that are account-bound, but for some unfathomable reason we are not allowed to hold more than one per alt (e.g. replica battlerager armor, battlefield medic's ensemble). The "keeper-of" method won't work with those. So then, if the alt who earned it already has a full bank, I either have to move something to a different alt (if possible) or find an alt that hasn't yet earned it and put it there. I have lots of unopened fashion set boxes because I dare not open them. That turns one slot being used up into three, and those items don't stack!

As for masterwork fashion? I've done most of them on my main but I dare not do them on alts. They can't spare the room!

As a side note, one thing that would be really, really nice would be a sort of "grab bag" in the guild stronghold. Let's say there's a separate donation box that accepts companions, mounts, fashion, whatever, perhaps even in separate categories. Each week, let any guild member approach the box and roll a die for something from a particular category. At the end of the week, whoever rolled the highest value wins, and in the event of a tie the system automatically rolls tie-breakers.

Why would this be nice to have? I'm sitting on hundreds of companions and dozens of mounts -- so many that it's way too much of a hassle to manage auctioning them. It would be nice if I could donate them in a manner that lets me not have to worry about them.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I love the fashion bag idea, but I think it would be amazing if transmute items could be put in there as well. Transmutes are basically fashion anyway, since they are only for looks. I would definitely stop trashing all of mine if that were added. But in that case, I would want more than 24 slots. Maybe 32 or 40.
    Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

I currently have about 10-15 fashion items in my bags, if there were a dedicated fashion bag though with more space that I didn't have to purchase (again) I would be very much interested in increasing that to 30-40 items. i like fashion, I just never had the love of it that would cause me to dedicate bags to it like my friends have. Fashion looks best when one has multiple items to play around with, because IMO many of the fashion sets that are released don't look great, but there are individual pieces that catch my attention and i would love to have those, and multiples of those so i can dye them different colors.

What I was really hoping for with the fashion bag was unlimited storage space like the mount system. You wouldn't believe how much zen i spent on mounts once that system was released. If you could create fashion loadouts and apply dyes to items and then swap loadouts (without needing the campfire though) that would be an effective way to negate needing (very much wanting to the point of needing) multiple duplicate fashion items with different dyes on each one. Over all you then greatly reduce your storage space needed for fashion since you are storing instruction sets on how to dye something when needed and the rest of the time it can be folded up and compressed into a small package in the back of our closets rather than having our entire wardrobe spread through our bags.

Personally, I want all my fashion available to me all the time. I don't want to have to go rooting through my bank to move a few fashion pieces back and forth because then i have to decide what i don't want to have access to anymore. For me the mount system allows me a huge range of self expression, when i want to ride a stag i can, and then switch to a lion and then my rainbow panther. I don't want to have to stop and drop a VIP bank and find the right lion and then figure out which mount i don't care about anymore. And I want my fashion to be the same way. If you guys check your numbers I am sure you will see a huge uptick in the number of mounts people started holding after the mount system rework, and a large number of those is definitely due to the stat bonuses and insignia bonuses, but I think that if you filter out duplicate insignia sets and duplicate stat bonuses you will see a lot of people holding mounts for their appearance value, far more than before the rework.

Honestly, limiting the fashion to 24 slots is insane, especially with the rest all going into overflow right away and the huge major restrictions that have been placed on players who have overflow inventory. As said by many others, their fashion items are effectively keeping them from playing the game when they get into preview. A fashion bag is going to need 50 slots at least at launch and the ability to buy more slots 16 at a time for very cheap (200 zen). Remember that by making fashion accessible (which involves changing players minds on how it is blocking more important inventory space) you need to make the fashion bag an easy and _CHEAP_ alternative. There is a lot of fashion in the game already and when you get people hooked on collecting it they will start buying more space. You need to start making money off the fashion item sales and don't try to get the money on the bag slots. People will buy enchanted keys for trade bars to get fashion when there are cool things there (though i would advise you that fashion in the zen store would get more impulse purchases since the zen store is much easier to use).
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    Any chance we will be able to reclaim our masterwork outfits? Some of those were really nice, but I ditched them to reclaim bank space - my choice, so a reasonable replacement cost would be justified.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

Any chance we will be able to reclaim our masterwork outfits? Some of those were really nice, but I ditched them to reclaim bank space - my choice, so a reasonable replacement cost would be justified.

This, exactly this. MasterWork outfits take 16 slots because you can't take them again. Even if I don't like some, I have to keep them because it's a unique item. Put them on the Artisan shop as a "Reclaim" when you finish the MW2, so that would free at least 16 slots.

I have 12 classic fashion items in my main's inventory, but 14 others related to MW outfits. On top of that I have 34 fashion items in my bank.

So in conclusion, I guess 24 slots is ok for me, as I still would store some in my bank but at least it would free some inventory space. BUT if you don't make MW outfits reclaimable that's 16 slots "lost" and I disagree with that.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

I would not want to judge what is the desire based on what I do today. I do not keep much in my bags (12 slots) because I need the space. But if I could, my heaviest character would easily use up the 24 and want more.

Here is my honest opinion, will I learn to deal with 24. Sure, it is way better than what I have now. Will I end up spending Zen for more? Depends on the cost you end up assigning to it. But if the cost is reasonable, yes I will.

So here is my overall answer, 24 to 30 would be good for most of my characters given the cost to increase is reasonable.

• akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    So a fashion tab with 24 item slots... great idea everyone in the family is really excited to see this happen, some more than others of course.

However what I could really get behind is a character (non fashion) loadout tab with 24 slots.

The character loadout was a great idea and I completely understand selling additional loadout tabs in the Zen market, also a good idea...

It kind of defeats the purpose though when a player has to carry around all of those different loadout items in their inventory bags to begin with as far as I'm concerned because buying more loadout slots just means items will be taking up more spaces in inventory bags.

But perhaps this is a topic more suitable to a seperate discussion.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

How many fashion items do you usually have in your inventory?

Normally not a single one. I have around 40 fashion items in my bank, but my inventory is for items I regularly use (or stuff I just picked up and haven't salvaged/sold yet).

Hoping for improvements...
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    The only bad thing I see with this is the fact that the overflow fashion items are put into the overflow bag pretty much locking us out of the game until we either buy more space or discard the fashion. If it was kept in the ordinary bags until we move it to either bank or fashion slot would be much better imo.

• noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Since it has been asked several times, and is likely something that should have been made available on preview to be tested out anyways, the cost is 12 additional fashion bag slots for 250 Zen.
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User

First off, thank you for freeing those needed inventory spaces :)

But i have to highlight something - transmutes. Transmutes that are no longer obtainable and are used as a reskin for artifact equipment bear with them an awkward compromis, either losing the skin forever or losing 232 000 Refinement Points. Being able to keep/save your transmutes would be perfect.

• duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    @midnightlight#2361
    Fashion items value lies in
    1. Personalization/Customization of your character
    2. Making a complete collection
    Those are distinct things! (More explanations after.)

How many fashion items do you usually have in your inventory? (Not including your bank.) I'm interested if anyone keeps multiple bags worth of fashion in their inventory as @thestia seems to do?

• I already have 2 runic bags full of fashion items with ~12 set not opened due to space limitation.
    • I also keep some (~20) transmute & other things (elemental evil "cute" armors, thrones, ...)
    • My bank is already full of dyes.

How many fashion items do you want to have access to in between bank visits?

In normal game I barely use 4 set
    • 2 set not-customized
    • 2 custom set
    For "Role Playing" the number depends on the story, universe, roles... There isn't any limit.
    • I only use not-customized sets as it's good enough for immersion. (Also customizing took me soooo much time... Dyes process isn't exactly practical for an extensive/comparative use.)

So the biggest "memory cost" come from the customization? Not that much from collection?

Why make collecting expensive instead of customizing?
    • Everyone want customization/distinction and lots are ready to farm and even PAY for it.
    • Not a lot of people want to collect and very few would PAY for it. At least it's not my case, I'll probably push my collection to alt and leave the game (maybe come back when it will be livable/playable).

• The paying 24 slot item limit WILL make me discouraged with the game. Because it did cost my casual gaming more than 1 million AD to get all my current sets and quite a sum of AD&ZEN to get those otherwise not necessary runic bags and bank space. After that, the fashion items overload will block my inventory from working, then flood my already full bank accounts... Finally, the fashion window >:) will shamefully ask me for MORE ZEN (~1500 ZEN that I haven't and will CERTAINLY NOT BUY) if I want MY HARD EARNED AND ALREADY PAID SPACE BACK! :'(
    • If the previous changes are made. To ease "Role Playing" fashion/wellbeing add a (not obvious) bank in the often used RP's Zones (Moonstone Mask, Driftwook Tavern, ...).
    • However limiting customization to 1/2 free set per loadout seems logical (a bit like character appearance change). Especially with a promise to enhance customization with fun things
      • Adding glowing/sparkling/twinkling/gleaming/... effects (as the Lion companion, ...)
      • Smoke effects and any cool effects (as the Morland Shroud armor, ...)
      • Specific taunt/dance/... emote (as the juggle emote) with effect!
    • Improve comparison during dyes/transmutes process.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    The main issue with fashion, transmutes, and unique skins in general, is that there is no option to reclaim things, and worse, things have habit of disappearing, like famous wolf head transmutes or GWF sword.
    So if I want to keep stuff, just in case, even though I'm not using those, I actually need to put it in inventory.

If there would have been more attention to this aspect of the game, it couldn't have been both more monetized, and much better QoL.
    For a simpe example, MW has 2 items per profession, can't discard those, they are unique and no way to reclaim. So to the bank they go.
    Older per mod6 skins... same...
    Transmutes...

Worst, most of the stuff is BtC, so no salvation on dumping it on an alt. So this is the reason why some of us have half bank full with that, and runic bag.
    If there was a mechanism of unlock once, and claim as you want later, BtC for example, things would have been significantly different.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    @midnightlight#2361
    Another thought. Since fashion items are equipped, it makes sense that they need to be kept in inventory. For transmutes though, they are used once and gone. This creates it's own problem with scarcity, in addition to the space they take up. The value of transmutes are purely for their visual "skin", and I imagine the data cost for that would be much lighter. What would solve both issues at once is to create a transmute system similar to the mounts tab. When you acquire or use a transmute, it just goes into your closet as a template that can be applied forever to any future gear items you wish. Items flagged as "Free Transmute" would be automatic, but other gear could be put in there by consuming it and paying the transmute fee the one time. Thereafter, that skin could be applied to any amount of other gear for free.

This would obviously be a decent sized project, but as you said, this is an ongoing thing. I think this would be a great approach for an add-on for a future mod.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @micky1p00 said:
    > The main issue with fashion, transmutes, and unique skins in general, is that there is no option to reclaim things, and worse, things have habit of disappearing, like famous wolf head transmutes or GWF sword.
    > So if I want to keep stuff, just in case, even though I'm not using those, I actually need to put it in inventory.
    >
    > If there would have been more attention to this aspect of the game, it couldn't have been both more monetized, and much better QoL.
    > For a simpe example, MW has 2 items per profession, can't discard those, they are unique and no way to reclaim. So to the bank they go.
    > Older per mod6 skins... same...
    > Transmutes...
    >
    > Worst, most of the stuff is BtC, so no salvation on dumping it on an alt. So this is the reason why some of us have half bank full with that, and runic bag.
    > If there was a mechanism of unlock once, and claim as you want later, BtC for example, things would have been significantly different.

I think it would be great if there were a vendor that could sell items like these, at least to those who have unlocked them. Perhaps tuck them in some out of the way mercantile hub like Mantol Derith...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • uimavenuimaven Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer
    I should clarify something. Boxes that contain fashion items, like the ones you buy from the Tradebar store, will go to your regular inventory (here's a way to tell; if the tooltip for the item says something like "This box contains..." then the item will go into your regular inventory). It's only when you open the box that the actual fashion items will go into your Fashion Bag.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I don't keep much fashion, because its not something I can store easily.

24 slots is 6 sets, I think I have 1 toon close to that as a result (my "fashion plate" halfling) of the limited storage.

The reality is that if you care about fashion 24 slots is clearly not enough. Even if you don't care its easy to fill those slots with stuff thanks to various rewards over time. The only thing is now, if you don't care you throw it all away instead of holding it in inventory.

48 slots would seem to be a sound number of them. Plenty for people that care to start with, more than enough for people that don't to not have to worry about it filling up. (The real fashionistas can still buy more if they need to.)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited January 2018
    kreatyve said:

Edit: Decided to make the poll question before you answered. :) Hope it helps!

I followed the link and vote has been cast. :-)

It will be quite interesting to see what the data shows once it has a reasonable sample size.

Since it has been asked several times, and is likely something that should have been made available on preview to be tested out anyways, the cost is 12 additional fashion bag slots for 250 Zen.

That is not bad. Thanks for sharing.
    One thing I noticed that will cause people with little or no VIP problem, is that there are places where you can't move to another area if your overflow bag is not empty. I transferred a character that was in the Moonstone tavern and when I tried to move to Protector's Enclave to put stuff into the bank I couldn't do that because of the overflow bag. That is really bad

Please have a discount if you buy many slots at once so us hoarders of fashion don't get too upset.